Old 07-14-2005, 05:34 PM   #376  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

For all of you who like the dating stories, there is a new show starting tonight called Hooking Up, 8 pm central on ABC. It's about internet dating.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:35 PM   #377  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Ruby, i'd love to have coffee and talk about our war stories. My mom says i should write a book about it!
Old 07-14-2005, 05:51 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi Stacey,

I am currently doing the TO and its unlimited proteins and vegies. I don't know about the popcorn, but I agree with you about all the selling. Maybe someone else will know.

Welcome to the board!!!
WAgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:52 PM   #379  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Ruby...I still think you need to walk in there and say that. If nothing else, you will both get a good laugh from it...
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:52 PM   #380  
One meal at a time!

Hi Stacey...Welcome..
Old 07-14-2005, 06:15 PM   #381  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

Gwosh Girls,

I met my hubby internet dating.. I also met alot of frogs.. guys who wanted to keep the distance and some who were just lying their @$%&* off. Don't let a couple bad experiences deter you..
debi d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:16 PM   #382  
266.7/186.8/145

Mitchypoo - to be honest, writing is a completely cathardic experience, you should try it. It lets you replay the situations that take place, and try to keep positive about them. I carry around a notebook with me everywhere, and am left-handed, so I have a constant ink stain on my pinkie where my hand constantly rubs across the fresh ink Anytime you're on the west coast, I will show you my CG and we will dish

Stacey - welcome aboard. I always find it funny that on the sheets they use for your WI checklist, they ask how you are doing on your lites. When you first start the program, the question comes out as "Are you getting in both of your lites?", then slowly transforms to the sales pitch for buying them in bulk so sly As for popcorn, I have tried theirs, and it sucks. So I normally try to stay away from it save for special occassions at the movies, IE Star Wars three freakin times. That was pretty tough to explain in my journal.....LOL

Rusty - tonights tee reads "Amore's Pastry Shop - Get Your Buns In Here", an oldie but a goodie. I am hoping it leads to a similar comment made previously, along the lines of "That's what i'd like to know, how do I get my buns in there?" - to which I could quickly reply with a casual bellow of "YOU COULD START BY PICKING UP THE DAMN PHONE." Or is that too subtle?

Mary - I don't....look at my long post of the day and see how I TOTALLY missed Cindy, and mixed her up with Debi?? BAH! I swear I have the memory of a gnat, with matching typing skills.

Cindy - The editor shared some of the positive feedback with me, so I am not sure if I got yours or not, but thank you none the less. I also mentioned to him that a friend of mine was pleased that she got a nice note back from him. He gave me a wide grin and a thumbs up sign, I think you might have made his day. Now if only he would get back to me on my recent submission! May the force be with you on the TO - I hate that stuff - I'm just not tough enough
rubyshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:19 PM   #383  

Hi Ruby,

I am so glad to hear you are working on another piece for the Noyse. I read the one you mentioned yesterday and enjoyed it very much. You are so talented. I did leave a nice "comment" with the editor and he replied that he hopes to continue to have more of your work soon!!! Yeah!!!! I mentioned in an earlier post that while I enjoyed reading the piece on the Noyse, I am enjoying your posts here even more. Have you thought about doing something "professional" with these posts? They are so good!!!!

I will say that CG does have a great sense of humor!! He's pretty witty!! You two have that in common, for sure!!
Old 07-14-2005, 06:23 PM   #384  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

That is the perfect response!!!! And honest!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyshoes
Rusty - tonights tee reads "Amore's Pastry Shop - Get Your Buns In Here", an oldie but a goodie. I am hoping it leads to a similar comment made previously, along the lines of "That's what i'd like to know, how do I get my buns in there?" - to which I could quickly reply with a casual bellow of "YOU COULD START BY PICKING UP THE DAMN PHONE." Or is that too subtle?
Old 07-14-2005, 06:23 PM   #385  
One meal at a time!

Ruby...That sounds like a great reply.
Ok, Chicks, I'm just about out of here AGAIN. I'll be back in the morning...
Old 07-14-2005, 06:25 PM   #386  

OMGAWD!!!!!! Love that tee!!! I don't think its too subtle!!! Do it!!!

I don't like the TO either. I pretty much plug my nose and chug it down!!!
Old 07-14-2005, 06:35 PM   #387  
266.7/186.8/145

As for the tshirt, I am hoping that I don't get peanut butter mouth, where my tongue refuses to detach itself from the roof of my mouth

and Cindy - Yes, I combined my reply to both you and Debi on my long post for some reason, but I did hear about your feedback. As for the GSBH updates, to be honest, they are just fun. Someday maybe, but I know The Noyse isn't looking for that style right now. As for the TO, I don't mind the taste, but the starvation just doesn't work for me. I think it has to do with how I got to be 266 lbs in the first place. I used to not eat all day and sustain on coffee and cigarettes, until 8 at night. By then I was so hungry I would drive through a fast food joint and get some greasy fatty carb laden meal, with no nutritional value, and then stuff myself. Only to then turn around and do straight to bed. I was destroying my metabolism. So that is my theory of why TO just doesn't work for me, because it reminds my body of when I used to starve it.

Last edited by rubyshoes; 07-14-2005 at 06:37 PM.
rubyshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:36 PM   #388  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Hey Ladies-
I just read about 20 pages. Boy I'm tired. I haven't checked in in about a week...

Star-Glad you're back!

Sy-Glad you're back too.

I just started the 3rd week of stabilization. I get to have another starch! Woohooo! I'm worried that it will make me gain, but I'm just going to take it day by day.

Ruby-I enjoyed your post. I'm going to read your article as soon as I'm finished posting.

Julie- Hi there. Did you already leave for vacation? Where in Eastern Oregon are you going to be? My husband is from La Grande Oregon.

Well, I will post tomorrow. I've been sitting at the computer reading posts for quite sometime. Talk to you all soon.

Welcome newbies!!!!

Mandy
mandyd26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:29 PM   #389  

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyd
Hi there! I've been lurking for a few days and finally decided to join in. I've lost 18 lbs in 9 weeks on LAWL (no lites).

Does anyone here ever eat popcorn? The counsellor told me it was absolutely not allowed unless it was one of their snacks. I've become so jaded about their sales pitches that I find anything they say hard to swallow. The mini Smart Pop bags only have 120 calories which seems pretty low to me but is there some other reason (besides sales) that they don't want us to eat it?

Also, I'm breastfeeding and so not allowed to do TO. I'm just curious, how much of the proteins and veggies are you allowed to eat while on it?

Thanks for the help!

Stacey
Welcome, Stacey (my daughter's name!!) and congratulations on the loss!

On the Free to Live tip cards it lists:
Popcorn, small, 1/2 bag, no added butter: 2 starch, 1 fat

How is anyone supposed to eat only a half a bag of popcorn? Anyway, so go to the movies, buy a bag of popcorn to share, save the bag, take it home and measure how much it holds. Eat half that amount of your Smart Pop bag. Oh, and let us know how much it is so none of us will have to do it.

On second thought, we are going tomorrow to see Willy Wonka and hubby always buys a small bag. I'll save it and do the measuring here.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:04 PM   #390  

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll just have the popcorn when I absolutely HAVE TO.

Ruby - I have to tell you that I'm living vicariously through you and your flirting with the SB guy. I'm happily married but admit that it would be fun to be able to flirt like that again. Not to mention going to a SB as often as you do. It's been hot here (OK, only 30 degrees Celsius - I guess that would be around 86 Farenheit and that's probably not very hot for some of you in the southern states but it's darn hot for us) so I would be sucking back Frappucinos like crazy if I went near a SB!

Has anyone else ever been on LAWL while breastfeeding? They said they would put me on purple when my DD started taking solids but today they said not yet b/c I'm still nursing 4 times a day. I'm just wondering when they moved other people in this situation.

Thanks again!

Stacey
staceyd is offline   Reply With Quote