LAWL Losers and Friends - July '05 - Page 35 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 07-19-2005, 12:15 PM   #511  

Jm - thanks for the lesson on sushi. I think I have had it maybe once. But now I know incase it ever come sup again.....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:15 PM   #512  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Sy-

Edamame are soybeans. You can get them shelled or in the pod. I like them boiled in the pod and then salted-lite salt! Then you pop in the pod, suck of the salt and squeeze out the soybeans and toss the pod. I think 2 cups is 1 veg protein. They make a great snack.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:32 PM   #513  

Juliemarie: I like dried soybeans (of course, those aren't OP). I'm not sure I'd like edamame? I've purchased the frozen soybeans (raw) ONCE and almost barfed when I tried them. I like just about every veggie, but frozen soybeans. Are they anything like the frozen ones?
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:39 PM   #514  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Diane...Thanks for posting the potato salad recipe. That really sounds good. I'll have to make some while I'm off these 3 days...
I have never tried sushi, but I don't think I could eat anything raw.. I know, don't knock what I haven't tried...
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:49 PM   #515  
FirmingDi

S/C/G: 228/228/135

Height: 5'7"

Rusty, cool, let me know how it turns out. I've tried sushi before, but didn't care for too much. I could eat somethings. As for the edamame, that was pretty good. But, I don't know if I could give up a meat protien for it. I need every ounce of my 2 serviings a day.

Debi, no idea about the gold vs other plans, but make sure you weigh and measure everything and check with the councilers. If you're excercising more, maybe go up a plan? Hmmmm... Hang in there.

I wish we had a trader joes in Wisconsin. Those sw turkey burgers sound good.
firmingdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:50 PM   #516  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

We don't have a Trader Joe's down here in Alabama either..
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:13 PM   #517  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Sy-

I've had frozen soybeans that i've boiled-but i don't know that I've ever had raw soybeans. Try a new Seasons, Wild Oats, TJs kind of grocery store and look for fresh boiled shelled or unshelled edemame and give them a try.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:25 PM   #518  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Ok chicks i need some help. My mom wants to do LAWL but not go to the center she wants to be accountable to me haha now i have some power huh lol. She weighs 169 and wants to lose 40 lbs +/- Which plan should she be on? I thought Gold but wasnt sure. And then if someone has that plan that they could fax me so i have correct oz and stuff for her. Thanks bunches!!!!!

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:38 PM   #519  
FirmingDi

Default Sodium

So, I'm eating a grilled chicken salad for lunch and I'm using this pre-packaged italian style chicken strips. I bought it before LAWL and it was easy to grab this am, but I can already taste how salty it is. So, I have two questions.

1) What are the sodium limits for a serving of something? I don't know what's considered high.
2) Do you know of any good brands for luncheon meat that's low sodium? I haven't found things like that that read "low sodium".

Oops, one more question:

3) If you have something high is sodium, do you just drink more water to compensate?

I know, lots of questions.

diane
Old 07-19-2005, 01:40 PM   #520  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Regina Thanks for the Avitar its so CUTE!!!!!!

Britt
Old 07-19-2005, 01:46 PM   #521  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone!

I have missed you all! It has been a very busy time for me here at work. Things are slowing down a bit so I should be able to resume posting. I see that there are sooo many new chicks. WOW. I hope to have all of your bios read soon. Anywho, I guess I'd better start catching up on my reading! Y'all, its good to be back.

Carm
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:47 PM   #522  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Diane: I would say for sure drink extra water to help with additional sodium. As far as the limits go I have no idea that would be a good question to ask at the center. And Im sure there is a low sodium lunch meat out there but i tend to get deli meat instead of the packaged processed meat. It probably has a high sodium content too but it makes me think its better because its deli lol.

Welcome Back Carmen we have missed you!!!

Britt
Old 07-19-2005, 01:49 PM   #523  

Thumbs up

Carmen - Welcome back to our coupe......we have missed you...

Britt - Love the new avatar - it is sooooooooooooo cool

Diane - I think Healthy Choice makes a low sodium/low fat lunch meat.
The counselors don't go to into the sodium count becuz we aren't suppose to have it....... BUT I would say if you do drink extra H2o.....

Last edited by Star; 07-19-2005 at 01:54 PM.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:09 PM   #524  
FirmingDi

Thanks for the tips. I have some Healthy Choice but it doesn't say low sodium on the package, but I assume Healthy Choice usually is lower. I always drink more water than required but I'll be sure to get more in today.

Britt - I also love the new avatar - very pretty!

diane
Old 07-19-2005, 04:20 PM   #525  
Kate

going to Costco after work....anything I should get LAWL related?!
kcreary is offline   Reply With Quote