Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 10:37 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

All of the above, plus I watch several cooking shows on the food network.

I figured out that I am one of those people who "live to eat" rather than "eat to live". So...I started researching how to continue to enjoy everything about food while managing my weight.

I read somewhere that you have to get over the "live to eat" thing, but I know I never will, so I am trying to go with it rather than against it. I think of this as part of a plan that I can live with indefinitely.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:14 AM   #47  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi there . . .

Wind direction changed overnight and there's been a drastic drop in temperature and humidity levels even though the skies are still overcast. Hope to see some sun later today.

Unfortunately no overnight drop in gas prices -- they went up $0.14 a litre (about 1/4 of a gallon) on Friday -- news this morning told me they dropped last night in Ontario and other places West of me. Hopefully our turn will be soon because I cannot avoid filling up much longer.

Nothing exciting for today -- some laundry; some packing (now that's more exciting; I am looking forward to my little weekend trip to NC); a thrilling trip to the drugstore -- wowee, can you stand the thrill a minute lifestyle.

Hope you all have a great day . . .
Old 09-17-2008, 11:16 AM   #48  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . . just a quick little

Still need to clean up some stuff before I can pack for the weekend trip -- at least gas did go down 9 cents overnight.

Don't know if I'll have acess to a computer in NC so I may not be back in here until Monday -- hope everybody has a good weekend.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

hi all- it's been such a busy week. I can't wait for the weekend :0
Old 09-19-2008, 01:28 PM   #50  

I made fish tacos again for lunch yesterday. I keep eating things I shouldn't. So, today I have a big bunch of grapes out on the counter and I am trying to eat one every time I walk by.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:58 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 222/185/160, March2010:189

Height: 5'4"

Hi All,
I'm doing well. I had a good week. I wanted to eat, a lot, all week:-/ but I held up. I made vol.veg. burgers which are really good. I made vol. chili too.
I did turn down donuts at work!!! But a couple of nights I had a few M&M's.
Tonight I'm going out to eat w/hubby to a new wing/grill place:-/ Maybe I won't do too bad!! I've lost another 2lbs. Have a great weekend!!

edited to add: What do you eat when you want SOMETHING! I mean when you really want to just eat................

Last edited by REGEE; 09-20-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:25 PM   #52  

Good for you REGEE. Under the circumstances you cite, I tend to eat something that I shouldn't. No help from me.

Yesterday we went to the peach orchard, Trader Joe's and Costco.

I got some salad dressings that I haven't tried before and some fig yogurt at TJ's. The fig yogurt is full fat yogurt, but it is just to die for. Each 8 oz container has 310 calories in it. I am happy with 1/2 cup at a time which helps. I think it is almost as good as 8 oz of cheese cake which has 582 calories according to fitday.

At TJs, I got a bag of Coach's Oats multigrain pancake mix.

http://www.coachsoats.com/other_products.html

This stuff is not low calorie either, but I think it is really, really good. I like the texture of the whole grains. It also has a lot of sugar. I ate one pancake topped with some of the fig yogurt. Just heavenly!

I am going to try making my own fig yogurt. I saw a recipe for fig jam on "Everyday Cooking". I could make that and add it to my homemade low fat yogurt. How bad could that be?
Old 09-21-2008, 04:47 PM   #53  
Liz

S/C/G: 229/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Wow, what a week! The day after we brought our better computer to my daughter to be fixed, my current computer fried or something like that. It kept rebooting every 1/2 minute or so- just crazy!
We finally have another one up and semi-running made out of bits and pieces from our computer graveyard. It's really hard to go for a week without a computer now-a-days!

DH and I went on a Marriage enrichment weekend with some short seminars- gotta keep trying! The weather was incredible, and the speaker was, too, so it was a nice weekend, although the food was not diet-friendly and there were no other options. I just decided to take the weekend off and not worry about it, and deal with it later. Hope everyone else enjoyed their weekend, too!
Old 09-22-2008, 11:46 AM   #54  
Onward and Downward

I am home and it was a really great weekend . . . but OMG, I am soooooo tired. Should have tried to do a little more sleeping and a little less talking I guess.

Definitely feels like nap-time . . . see you later . . .
Old 09-23-2008, 08:47 AM   #55  
Onward and Downward

Finally, after a lot of extra sleep yesterday, I'm feeling almost human. It is definitely 'soup weather' around here with a high predicted to be only 14C/57F. I Autumn.

See you soon, gang . . .
Old 09-23-2008, 09:51 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 221/173.5/165(for now)

Height: 5'8"

Yay! - for the autumn weather! Not quite ready to start the woodstove (and all that goes with it), but it's kinda nice to put away the shorts and take out the jeans. Happily, none of my old jeans fit any more, so I got to go shopping at my favorite store (Goodwill). Interesting - I am able to fit very comfortably in size 14 (almost loose), and I found several pairs of sz 12's that fit - without having to lie down to zip 'em! But it perplexes me...when I was in high school (a million years ago), at 145 lbs, I wore a size 14...I am at 194# now, after having a couple kids...I would say with no doubt that sizes have most certainly changed over the years.

But, ya know, I am not going to complain - with this weight change, having to find jeans that are "numerically" smaller than what I wore "back when" makes me feel quite satisfied. I call it living in the land of "De-Nile"
Old 09-24-2008, 02:00 PM   #57  
Onward and Downward

Oh gee . . . I've got a cold . . . yuck.

Too many airports and aircraft over the weekend I guess.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:21 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Feel better Linda.
Weather here in Kansas is still in the 80's. A busy work week. I'm so ready for Oct.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:31 AM   #59  
*•-:¦:-•:*~!!~*:•-:¦:-•*

S/C/G: 120/120/110

Height: 5'3"

Smile Greetings from Ireland~!

Hello Everyone

I'm so happy I found you all! I'm a new 'junior' member and this is my first post. (so please forgive any mistakes!) I read an article about volumetrics on the plane home on Tuesday and it struck a cord (two heavenly weeks in Portugal with my lovely fiance). To me it seems a common sense approach (not a diet) to weight loss which reminds you how to eat and keeps you feeling full (fingers crossed!) without the hassle and cost of special meals, etc. This is only my second day but so far so good... just had tuna for lunch with a large roasted tomato... onward! I moved to Ireland in 2004 and have put on 10 lbs since! The food here is lovely but chips (french fries) are served with everything - if not potatoes three ways! There is no Trader Joe's, etc. so a lot of the beautiful foods I found in Tucson, Arizona - which made me feel like I was cheating but really I wasn't - are nowhere to be found here! Also the frequent rainy weather makes it hard sometimes to be motivated to exercise! Okay - enough whining! I know all of you will keep me on the straight and narrow! Viva volumetrics and three cheers to Meowee for getting us all together!!

Last edited by Madden; 09-25-2008 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Try to add photo!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #60  
Lolene

S/C/G: 188.5/176/148

Height: 5' 5"

Default Breakfast

Hi everyone,

I just purchased "The Volumetrics Eating Plan Book". I was just wondering what some of you may eat for a quick and easy breakfast. I never seem to plan that one out. I guess the cereal would be easy, but I'm not a big cereal eater.

Thanks, Lolene
Closed Thread