Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 09:55 AM   #181  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . . the sun is shining. Have a great day . . .
Old 11-10-2008, 11:07 AM   #182  
Liz

S/C/G: 229/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi chicagochick- thanks for the info- that plan would be handy if you had to be gone all day and couldn't cook at home at all. Although I'd need to throw in a few snacks. I think overall it's so much easier to stay OP when you cook at home and control everything- especially the fats you use and other additives that really add up.

We have snow that actually stayed on the ground this morning- not much, just 1/2" maybe.

I was thinking about you judipurple- you're probably gearing up for all the pre-Christmas craft shows.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:25 AM   #183  
Onward and Downward

Getting colder and colder around here -- but still no snow.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:40 AM   #184  
Liz

Wow, it's pretty quiet around here.
We're gearing up for a snow-filled weekend. It's also the opening of deer gun season, so I have the house to myself!
Old 11-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 221/173.5/165(for now)

Height: 5'8"

Life just keeps us running! Tomorrow (weather permitting), the three "boys" will be out in the woods - gun season starts then. Nothing in the freezer ...yet...

Tough TOM for me - went up three pounds - felt like a puffball - but, was happy to see the scale move back to a "proper" number this a.m. Hope the numbers will keep dropping...

Tried tofu again the other day. I picked up extra firm, and sauteed it with garlic and fatfree salad dressing(sesame-type). Served it over spinach greens with toasted sunflower seeds, and my eldest son loved it - youngest & DH weren't so enthusiastic. Sigh...can't please them all. Guess it'll be a lunch for big kid & I - no point in making enough for the four of us for supper.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:37 AM   #186  
Onward and Downward

Well . . . I had Chinese for lunch and although the calories were not too bad, the salt got me an extra 2 pounds this morning. Hey, lots of extra water will be going into me today.

We actually got a little bit of "slightly thick and somewhat white" rain yesterday; but nothing that stuck. Today is sunny and the temperature is on the rise again. Forecast for the weekend is for lots of rain and a high on Sunday of 20C/68F . . . really, really weird . . . 'normal at this time of year is around 5C/41F.

Have a fun Friday, gang . . .
Old 11-15-2008, 10:32 AM   #187  
Onward and Downward

Old 11-15-2008, 10:20 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Hey, everyone. Gorgeous day here. A bit of wind, but not bad. We have been watching the terrible fires in southern CA. I feel so bad for those folks that lost their homes.

I continue to eat badly. Don't know what my problem is. Seems like I am bored with all of my food - especially salads. Some days I feel like I am going to scream if I see another bowl of lettuce/veggies. I got some green olives, roasted red pepper in a jar, capers - stuff like that to give it a little different flavor. This helps, but not a whole lot.

Tonight I had a small salmon filet with mustard/maple glaze, grilled brussels sprouts with shallots, a little potato with yogurt, onion tops and a sprinkle of bacon bits and, yes, a big salad. It was the other stuff I ate today which wasn't so good.

I read somwhere about mustard/maple glaze for salmon. I couldn't find the recipe so I just mixed a blob of mustard with a tsp or so of real maple syrup. Put it on the fish when it was nearly done. It was quite tasty. some of the glaze got on the sprouts, and that was good, too.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:42 PM   #189  
Onward and Downward

Know what you mean . . . I'm wanting sweets but so far (mostly) I'm avoiding them. Been doing a lot of sweet potatoes in the oven and pretending they are french fries. That helps some. Our weather is so warm (21C/70F) today I definitely do not feel like soup and I'm getting tired of salads, too.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #190  

Sara Foster's Fresh Everyday cookbook has a recipe for Egg Salad with Fresh Dill and Green Olives. She serves it on whole grain bread with greens. Her recipe makes a bunch. I made one serving from one (hard boiled)egg. Roughly chop the egg add about 2 tsp light mayo, a shot of Dijon mustard, 3 chopped, pimento stuffed green olives, (my olive jar says 4 olives have 25 calories), 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar, chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, a shake of dill weed (recipe calls for fresh but I don't have any), salt and pepper to taste. I put it on a single slice of ww bread and topped it off with a pile of water cress. I have done it with lettuce, too, which is fine. There is something about this that really appeals to me. A little different taste than "plain ol'" egg salad. Ya really have to eat it with a fork - it's messy but yummy.

Bread 100 cal, egg 70, light mayo 25, olives 20. Not bad and the pile of arugula, cress, lettuce or whatever you put on top makes it more volumetric.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:10 PM   #191  
Liz

That egg salad sounds good, gail- I love any olives. If you weren't sick of salads, you could also skip the bread and put the egg salad on top of mixed greens.

Here in Michigan we have snow on the ground, so it's officially soup time. It's so much easier to do the Volumetrics thing when the weather calls for soup.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #192  

I did that yesterday - put the egg salad mix on lettuce. Tossed in some roasted red pepper from a jar and a few other odds and ends out of the fridge. Wasn't too bad.

It was over 80 degrees here today! Cannot believe it is mid-November.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:46 AM   #193  

I am in such a funk. My son that we just visited in Italy has lost his job - He wasn't surprised because his company is associated with GM. I think they do R and D for GM. I still don't understand why they are working in Italy. Anyway, I was planning to visit them again in the spring, and now I won't be able to. This is selfish on my part, and I need to get over it. I certainly feel bad for him and his family. They just bought a pretty expensive home in Ann Arbor and I imagine that they will take quite a loss on it if they have to move.

Today at work they had a potluck. I didn't even know about it, because something went wrong with my work email. So, I ate food even though I didn't bring any. I need to have my lips sewn shut!!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:42 PM   #194  
Liz

I think most homes in Ann Arbor are expensive...
Old 11-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #195  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Still busy but wanted to get caught up by saying HI anyway . . .
Closed Thread