S/C/G: 221/173.5/165(for now)

Height: 5'8"

back atcha!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:31 PM   #167  
Karen

S/C/G: 223/190/130

Height: 5'2'

Hi, everybody.

It was a pretty hectic weekend. We managed to finally finish up a painting project that has taken us all summer to do -- the entire interior of our house has a nice, fresh coat of paint. We started in January, but took off most of the summer to do outside projects. Didn't have a lot of time to eat, which was a good thing.

It has been such a lovely fall here, that the last 3 days have been a bit of a rude awakening. We got over 3/4 of an inch of rain in two days -- we are high desert country here and that much rain in two days is huge for us. I love it, it has been so dry that this is really welcome. It is raining again this afternoon. A good day to be in the office. And makes one feel like a nice bowl of soup for supper!
Old 11-04-2008, 03:15 PM   #168  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Dull day all around today . . . good day for catching up on house stuff.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Much lower "high desert" here. We got a bunch of rain on Saturday. We love it! In our area a good rain in Oct and then another in January means wildflowers in the spring!

I am still trying to get back with the program after being on vacation. I have done pretty well the last couple of days.

I am inclined to wake up in the night and eat. For whatever reason, I haven't been doing that lately. It would be so good if I could learn not to eat in the night because I eat too much bad stuff. It is almost like sleep walking.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:06 AM   #170  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Pretty overcast right now, but the sun is scheduled and the high temperature is supposed to be about 15C/60F making it a pretty good day for my almost all day outing to the Periodontist since I have to travel so far to get there. Wish we had one locally.

Have a great day, gang . . .
Old 11-05-2008, 09:19 AM   #171  
Liz

S/C/G: 229/185/150

Height: 5'6"

What are you eating at night Gail? Maybe if you could think of a healthier substitute and have that easily available while hiding the thing you really want, you'd be so sleepy that you'd just grab the healthier thing? And I'm not talking about fruit or veggies, but just a lower fat version. You have to have a plan that will actually work.

I'm so glad all the politics are done with- all that fighting is so mentally stressful to me.

We have another beautiful day outside- hope I get a chance to enjoy it!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:23 AM   #172  
Karen

S/C/G: 223/190/130

Height: 5'2'

I have been on several forums, so I don't remember where I saw this comment the other day -- but I wanted to share it again. It was very simple, but for some reason, it really hit the spot with me and paraphrased she said "I have to remember that I enjoy being thin more than I enjoy the eating." I have been chewing on that, and it is dragging me back to the mentality to lose weight. Thank you, whoever said that. I enjoy eating -- plain and simple, that is my problem. But, I do enjoy being thin more than I enjoy eating -- that is my new mantra!
Old 11-05-2008, 07:27 PM   #173  

Liz, I have varying degrees of sucess with eating things that are "less bad". I do exactly what you say. I have more frozen goodies stuffed down in the bottom of my freezer so I can't get it at night. Ideally, I would like to break myself of the habit or whatever it is. I think it is a form of binge eating - I never eat to that extent during the day. It is not that I have such good control - I just eat like a normal person durning the day most of the time anyway.

Purple fingers, I was just trying to convince myself of that very thing this morning when I was hating how I look.

I seem to be in sort of a funk about everything. I had a migraine last night which doesn't do much to improve my humor. The only thing I can say about that is thank goodness I don't get them as frequently as I used to. Last night, the headache was on the right side and the very act of breathing through my right nostril sent a pain through my nose to my eye and right into my brain. Yuck.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:02 AM   #174  
Liz

Gail- I can relate to the migraine! I have Big Drugs that I use for those. Too often, too.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:22 PM   #175  

I have tried Imitrex and it didn't help. I already take a beta blocker. Sometimes taking extra of that helps. I have had different narcotic pain relievers that didn't seem to do do much good either. A few years ago, I went for two years with a terrible headache every day. It was the worst time in my life. My doctor told me the older I get, the fewer headaches I will have. In general, that seems to be true. I never could relate the headaches to any particular food or activity.

My latest dietary sins are chicken and dumplings - I made this from scratch, so I was able to control the fat to some degree (no skin or visible fat, cooled and removed fat from the broth), but I ate way too much of it. Last night, I went out for Chinese with a girlfriend. I really don't know what the caloric damage was, but they serve some little fried appetizers that were awfully tasty.

So far today I have had my oatmeal and an apple and a bite or two of chicken (I was boning cooked chicken for future use.) I have a salad made for lunch and I am going to have a chicken sandwich and some healthy, homemade soup with it.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:55 PM   #176  
Onward and Downward

I'm a migraneur too . . . changes in barometric pressure trigger my worst headaches and no drug seems to touch them. I have been getting fewer since I've gotten older but think it's really because I also retired and removed a lot of stressors from my life.

Anyway . . . afraid I have not been eating as well as I should for the past couple of days -- not really awful (I don't think) just too many meals away from home and just guessing at the best choices.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:07 AM   #177  
Liz

About migraines again- they've found, and I agree, that taking some sort of ibuprofen with your abortive makes the abortive more effective.

Sadly, we're seeing the end of the local produce. I have some brussels sprouts in the garden, waiting for the first couple of hard freezes, and a few carrots, but that's all thats left. It's so much easier to eat well when it's fresh and available. I got asparagus the other day, and when I read the label, it was from Peru. Then I worry about pesticides, but can't always afford to pay for organic. What good is eating well when you're taking in toxins? Kind of a Catch-22.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #178  
Onward and Downward

And the organic spoils so much more quickly even when you can get it at a semi-reasonable price.

Of course, the alternatives make me want to wash every thing with strong soap and a scrub brush -- rather hard on fresh fruit, especially peaches, which are, o course, one of the fruits most heavily dosed with insecticides.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:27 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 221/173.5/165(for now)

Height: 5'8"

Rainy, gloomy day here in the upper left corner of CT...Good day for cooking, so I made a big ol' pot of bean soup - lots of kale, garlic, white beans and turkey sausage. Hope is in the air, though - the predictions for tomorrow and the next day involve the sun - actually being visible!

Between the computer crashing and issues here at home, I haven't been 100% on my fitday entries(or on my eating choices) - now that things seem to be settling down (a bit) and I have internet again (yay!), I should be back on track.

I have Monday & Tuesday off this week, and hope that a 4-day weekend helps the spirits (and gets me back to working with the clay - good therapy). Here's wishing you all a great rest of the weekend!
Old 11-09-2008, 01:01 PM   #180  

Hi ladies I am kind of new around but know a little about the diet and I didn't see much posted on recipes. The way I heard about the diet was in a magazine..Using her principles they cooked up two diets one you cook and one you don't. The one you don't is this one day diet designed to get you back on track and you only want to follow for one day. McDonalds yogurt parfait with no granola for breakfast ,for lunch large wendies chili ( just that ). And for dinner you can have a frozen dinner with no more than 300 calories or a six inch sub with no cheese oil or mayo. Hope this helps you out I would post the cooked portion but I can't find the magazine ..
Closed Thread