Old 01-22-2008, 12:37 PM   #121  

Shy, sometimes hubby is very sweet like that!! He's never mean, but when he does things like the klondike bar it makes me appreciate him even more.

I went to the Y this morning. I've done very well with that the past couple of weeks. I've been journaling all of my food, taking alli when the fat is up in a meal, and the weight is hardly moving. I know that I am up 8 pounds from a few months ago because of a medicine change in the fall and the holidays. I'll feel good when I get that 8 off of me. Made me made when I had to change my tracker to show the gain though. My butterfly will make it to the right end of the tracker one of these days. Slowly.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:07 PM   #122  

Height: 5'4"

Darn it lost my post. Morning girls, bright and cheery morning to all of you.

Barb: Pugs are so cute, and you have two of them...lucky you.
Only 7 more days and my puppy is due to be born. A little black and white Shih/Poo. Hubby and I are very excited about it

About the Constipation...Are you drinking enough water...what about a bit more fat?

Scorpio: Welcome...I love my Alli so far. Helps keep me on track.

Tammy: A Klondike Bar!!! oh to die for...My very favorite is the Snicker Ice Cream Bar at 17 gr. fat...Question: Do you take Alli only when you have a high fat meal or 3 times a day?

Sis: I finally got my tracker but it was late last night before I got it. I tried it again this morning, thinking of helping you and still doesn't work right. Don't give up...Go to the signature area and in the first box do the following.
Type in the words: "Every 1 lb. lost" and then look to the right of that box and click on Smilieys (one for every lb you lost. (The carrot is cute, I did that first until I got the tracker). Then go to bottom of page and click on preview to see it....then save....It was only after I did this , that the tracker finally worked...so try it...anyway it will be cute.

I am so happy you are doing this with me...I love you so.
Bionic Beach Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #123  
Brighten

Height: 5.1

Default I may give up~

Sis, Shy and Tammy, no Signature on my list when I go to CP! I have tried several times...searched and searched for it. I will just give up until I see it again!

Tammy, I know when one gets on a new medication it tends to screw things up...I fight that all the time! This Alli program seems to be helping me more than any of them as long as I continue to chart my calories/fats I think I will do okay...now if I could only excercise! I seen where everyone thought your hubby was doing a nice thing to get you the Klondike bar...I for one would kill my DH if he did that. I would like maybe flowers, a card or a movie. I do not want my DH to sabatage me...which he tries to do every now and again. I don't think he really means it that way but they do tend to be threatened when we lose weight...am I off base?

Barb, I agree with sis...pugs are darling ~ the clown dog! Congrats on the
5lb loss!

Sis, it's very exciting to count the days when the puppies are born...send me that sock soon!

Have a great day all,
Brighten
Brighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #124  
Brighten

Default Found out...

I check on the posts site and there was an answer to my problem
It says that one has to be on 3 chicks or post 30 times before one can have a ticker...sooooooooooo I will be posting often!
Brighten
Old 01-22-2008, 04:24 PM   #125  

Sis: I kept my credit on posts from last time we used to do it. Wonder why you lost yours...Maybe because you did it as a new person? Seems to me you used Brighten as your name before...I had Ruth change mine after we started again.

Until you can get a tracker...try what I wrote in above letter...turns out cute...

I love the new picture of Lil Bear..looks like at the beach? she is a doll and I love her too...

Hey, I wonder how it would look if you wrote your post and then at the end wrote: 1 smiley for every lb. lost and click on the smilies like you did in your last post here and there...Let see if it works...

Every 1 lb. lost
Old 01-22-2008, 05:28 PM   #126  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Tammy
Maybe look closer at what you are eating. You might find you are takeing in more carbs than you think. They can really cause weight gain if you are takeing in more than you should have. Mix up what you eat a bit or maybe eat more smaller meals. That weight will come off. I do feel for you. I TOTALY understand weight gain from meds.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:33 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 215/192/150

Height: 5' 7"

Well I've restarted WW for about the 50th time. This time I'm going to use alli too. I'm doing the core but recording flex tracker because I tend to over eat on core....but I really like core as a life style....I just can't seem to lose weight on it. So far so good....
I'll mostly be lurking around because I have OLD and CRS, so I can't keep up and write personal notes to everyone on this thread so TIA for all the information and support.
Fluffy
way2fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:59 PM   #128  
Brighten

Default Okay......

Here's to my eight pound loss since I cannot get a tracker yet....thanks sis.

Yeah!

Brighten
Old 01-22-2008, 06:17 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Bright - I like that idea for a tracker anyway, makes each pound as special as it should be!

Fluffy, been there done that WW too. I am keeping track of pts as well as fat, maybe thats why I am not getting enough fat and getting constipated?

Bionic - congrats on your new baby!. Love poodles and Shihzus. Mom has both. Should make the perfect dog.

Scorpio - join us, lots of new people for the new year. Try the Alli diet first, then if you need it take the pills. They keep me away from fast food, my nemesis.

I am feeling better today,(away from the bathroom ) and easing back into solid food. Hope with all this at least I'll see some good numbers next Friday!

Anyone use myalli.com? I am on the second step. So far so good. When does it ask us to include some type of exercise into the program? I know when I started WW a few tries back, it was after the first 10lbs.

Thanks all,
Barb
barbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:46 PM   #130  

I'm using alli.com but I just started so I'll be watching you!
Old 01-22-2008, 07:47 PM   #131  

thirteen posts is unlucky! here's number 14
Old 01-22-2008, 09:46 PM   #132  

Bionic, I take an alli if my meal is over 5 grams of fat (when I remember!!). It has been rare for me to take one at breakfast. When I have had the constipation problems, I am drinking plenty of water and getting in plenty of fat grams.

Brighten, my hubby knew how upset I was about our dog dying, so that's why he got the Klondike Bar. Usually it's a card or flowers. When you click on CP at the top of this page, the next page should have a place on the left side where it says Edit Signature at the top of a list.

Shy, I'm journaling my food at another site, and it shows how much of each thing I am eating. I'm usually right on the mark with all of them. Every now and then either carbs or proteins is totally out of whack, but not often.

Welcome Fluffy!! Post when you are able!!

barb, I haven't used the alli site too much. Glad you are getting back to solid foods.

Hubby has a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so we'll be heading out for that. We may do lunch afterwards. We are getting good at splitting meals. Age thing?
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:06 AM   #133  
Brighten

Default Good Day...

Barb, I use myAlli every day, every meal...keeps me honest. I read on Alli one should start slow with exercise...walk ten min. one way, ten min. back, then work up the minutes each week.

Way...like your sense of humor - #14! tee hee

Tammy, thanks but I guess I have to wait the 30 days or 30 posts...patience Brighten! who me!!! Your DH did the right thing Tammy...praying his appt. with the doctor goes well. My DH and I most always split meals...unless he wants something I will not eat!

Sis, Good Morning pretty sis...I love you,

Good day to all...

Brighten

8lb loss
Old 01-23-2008, 10:44 AM   #134  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Brighten
Nice going on the weight loss. That is a lot to lose at one time. Congrats
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:32 PM   #135  

Morning, to all of you and happy Alli Day.

Sis and Barb: Love how you posted your weight losses...Good for you!!!

Barb: Thank you for being happy for me and my pending puppy...Due in 5 more days.. Sis is lucky in the fact she is going to get to pick it out for me..She lives near Puppy's home. I will get pictures...Too far to drive until we can go pick her up to bring her home end of March...Going to be very hard to wait...I know I am going to cry and hug her the first time I get to hold her. Her name is going to be "Sweetpea".

Way: Welcome ! Sis and I also go to Alli.com. and both on 2nd step. Love their message board too. Only thing they don't have the cute smiliey there or weight trackers.

Tammy: At the other site you keep track of your foods...Can a person just write them down there and do they figure out the fats, carbs, for you? I would love a site doing that. If so let me know please.

Sis: Sun out in N. Cal. but very cold ! I go for my 6 month mamogram. Keep me in your prayers. Daughter coming home from her last Chemo today !
Praise God! She is done...I love you and miss you more than words can say.