Old 01-05-2008, 08:37 PM   #16  

Nicole, I don't know what Deliciously Yours is. I changed eating habits for several days before I started taking Alli in August. I didn't have any of the problems (TE) that are talked about.

Racegrl, your 80 pound loss is terrific!! That amount you gained will come off quickly with the Alli boost and your willpower. Glad you found the group!!

Sue, I'm glad that I'm going back to the Y also. I know that I'll feel better. Also eating healthier again and taking the Alli will be a plus. I still find that I eat when hubby eats. He is supposed to eat more often, and I end up doing the same thing only I eat too much!

Hey Bionic! Glad to have you here. I ordered Alli from Amazon.com. It was cheaper than what I saw in any of the stores especially since I ordered other things and was able to get free shipping. Did some Christmas shopping then. I'm 52, and I didn't have any problems when I started taking it. I'm on different meds for fibromyalgia, arthritis, and blood pressure, and there has been no problems.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:11 AM   #17  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Well I'm off to a slow start this year. Didn't lose last week, but didn't gain either. If I remember correctly, that's what happened last year when I started alli. I'll admit that I splurged a couple of times last week so that's more than likely the reason I didn't lose anything! I'll be better this week now that the holidays are really over.
bobbigene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:58 PM   #18  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
Nicole, I don't know what Deliciously Yours is. I changed eating habits for several days before I started taking Alli in August. I didn't have any of the problems (TE) that are talked about.

Racegrl, your 80 pound loss is terrific!! That amount you gained will come off quickly with the Alli boost and your willpower. Glad you found the group!!

Sue, I'm glad that I'm going back to the Y also. I know that I'll feel better. Also eating healthier again and taking the Alli will be a plus. I still find that I eat when hubby eats. He is supposed to eat more often, and I end up doing the same thing only I eat too much!

Hey Bionic! Glad to have you here. I ordered Alli from Amazon.com. It was cheaper than what I saw in any of the stores especially since I ordered other things and was able to get free shipping. Did some Christmas shopping then. I'm 52, and I didn't have any problems when I started taking it. I'm on different meds for fibromyalgia, arthritis, and blood pressure, and there has been no problems.
That's the ediets delivery program.
BabyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:44 PM   #19  

Bobbigene and Tammy - glad you are both still on board whew !

the only "problem" i had with alli is eating a higher fat amount than i ever did when dieting. Unless the fat was in a form of a pizza or a cookie i never ate alot of fat. i switched to higher fat dairy but found out that was the wrong fat to have ( low fat dairy) So you see this board will help us all when we get confuzed keep posting and we will get there.
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:54 AM   #20  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

OK, You all are GREAT! I will stay and POST.. I did take it for a while...and it DOES WORK! SO i will be here to support you all and all of the new people who begin taking it! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:20 PM   #21  

I just lost my post. Now I have to remember what I said!

bobbigene, I agree about the holiday goodies. I kept thinking things would disappear, and they did. Right into my mouth!!! It has to be better for all of us getting back into a routine with normal foods.

Nicole, I didn't know that ediets had a meal delivery thing. I am so out of the loop most of the time.

Have to agree about the higher fat issue. There were some meals, especially breakfast, when there is no way I would ever eat that much fat. I tried to increase it where I could in order to take the alli. I have always used the low fat Yogurt. I like to use skim or 1% milk. I'm the only one who uses it, and it always goes bad before I can get it used.

Still, I am totally thrilled that you are staying around!!! It just wouldn't be the same without you here. You can give us all advice and tell us about the plan that you are doing.

I did start again today. I planned to go to the Y this morning, and I haven't been there yet. Haven't felt the best. We ate at Red Lobster for dinner yesterday, and I don't know if it's the after affects of the seafood or what. I am starting to feel better, so after I get some things out of the dryer, I might head for the Y.

Hope you are all having a great Alli day!!
Old 01-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #22  
Lose Weight in 2008!

I think I'm gonna go to CVS today and get the Alli starter pack.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:52 PM   #23  

Nicole, you go girl!! We'll be here for you to answer any questions. Just let us know!!
Old 01-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #24  

Height: 5'4"

Hi Girls. I am back and still debating about the Alli...Thanks for telling me about the lower price at Amazon. I need to know, Can you eat chicken or its that too fat? Are you suppose to eat more fat or less? Can some of you tell me what you eat?

I have Good BP...but have 2 Artificial Knees and Hips because of Osteoarthritis...Bad joints but good bones...My hubby and I go to Water Arobics 3 times a week and going to try a dance exercise class.

Also another question...How do I find this site each time...."Alli Group" Thanks loads...
Bionic Beach Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #25  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
Nicole, you go girl!! We'll be here for you to answer any questions. Just let us know!!
I just got it! I paid $49.99 for the 90 pill starter kit and my mom, cousin, and I are starting tomorrow! I hope I don't get too many "runny" side effects. LOL

Last edited by BabyNicole; 01-07-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #26  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic Beach Babe View Post
Hi Girls. I am back and still debating about the Alli...Thanks for telling me about the lower price at Amazon. I need to know, Can you eat chicken or its that too fat? Are you suppose to eat more fat or less? Can some of you tell me what you eat?

I have Good BP...but have 2 Artificial Knees and Hips because of Osteoarthritis...Bad joints but good bones...My hubby and I go to Water Arobics 3 times a week and going to try a dance exercise class.

Also another question...How do I find this site each time...."Alli Group" Thanks loads...
On Alli you have to eat a low fat diet or else you will get some oily stools. I do recommend, though, that since you have some preexisting health conditions, you speak to your primary care physician just to be on the safe side!
Old 01-07-2008, 08:07 PM   #27  

Still - I am soooo happy you are with us !!! we all love you so !!

Bionic--you should get the starter pack first too i think. go only to target.com, walmart.com cvs.com any of those site will send it too you and it wont be as much out of pocket. the information is really needed to understand the plan.. i dont see why bad joints would be a problem. but i think you should check with the doc if you are taking meds for anything.

i lost 2 pounds last week !!! so walking is helping me lose a little faster.

chicken is ok to eat. just watch salad dressings fried foods cookies cakes and pizza !!! dont eat those on alli!

i started school today to learn office programs at an adult education place. i was sooo nervous. almost chickened out but i didnt and i really enjoyed it
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:13 PM   #28  
Eye of the Tiger!

S/C/G: 205/175/146

Height: 5'10

I have been wanting to take Alli for a while now, but I was pregnant and now I am still breastfeeding so I can't take it until I stop breastfeeding. But I am planning on breastfeeding until June, unfortunatly though I want to be at my goal weight by June. But if I am not you will hear from me then!
wannabeahotmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:02 PM   #29  

Bionic, the starter kit comes with lots of information about the program. When I have chicken, I usually bake or broil or grill a breast without skin. I know for my height and weight, I am supposed to eat 1800 calories a day and 19 grams of fat per meal. I started Alli during the summer, but stopped taking it and really watching when my hubby was ill in September. Today is my first day back on!
I have osteoarthritis in my knees and lower spine. I've had no problems taking the Alli with the meds that I'm on. I have been taking water aerobics classes for a couple years. Good for you for getting in the exercise!!

To find this place, go to Diet Central, then to General Diet Plans and Questions. Just scroll through the list and look for the most recent Alli thread. The month will be in the title. (I hope.)

Nicole, good for all of you!! Keep us posted on what you think! I haven't had those side effects even when I have gone way over on the fat for a meal. Everyone is different. The people I know who have been taking it, haven't had any of those problems either.

got2, (it's sue, right?), good for you on the 2 pounds!! Good for you for not chickening out for the classes!!! You be so proud of yourself when you get finished.

wannabe, cute baby!! Good luck on getting to your goal weight!!

I made it to the Y this afternoon. Bad time to go. Too many people!!! I did use the machines in the cardio room for a little over 30 minutes. Came home, and then the dog and I took a walk.

Last edited by Tammy; 01-07-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #30  
Lose Weight in 2008!

So I took my first pill this morning! I hope I don't have to run to the bathroom during class! That's the worst thing about being a teacher...I can't just go to the bathroom when I want! LOLOL