Old 01-30-2008, 04:54 PM   #166  

Height: 5'4"

Oh Girls, The walking sticks are wonderful...First walk was 4 blocks...I am going out in a few minutes and try another 8 blocks...that should be 1 mile.

With 2 fake knees and 2 fake hips I think that is going good...I found even with all the water classes and stretching with Body Electric, it is not the same as walking...quite differents. I will be glad when sis gets the Pedometer and I can wear it...

One thing about the walking sticks is it kept me from leaning over to the right..more support and noticed they have good shock absorbers.

Made the Chocolate Meringues with Chocolate chips...they are wonderful...Only had one for today....23 cals a piece and .6 fats...

Shy: Thanks for the tip about the treadmill...but I had two in my life time and both ended up being clothes hangers....they are so boring...at least outside I can breathe in the fresh air and see different things...Bless you !

Still no puppy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bionic Beach Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:28 PM   #167  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Bionic
That is wonderful. I am so happy for you. It is so nice to be able to get out and just walk around. Something most of us take for granted.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:40 AM   #168  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

HEY EVERYONE!!! I NEED HELP! As you can see by my ticker I have EXPLODED!! I am back to 180 YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED TO DO SOMETHING!! HELP!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:58 PM   #169  
Brighten

Height: 5.1

Default hang in there

Stilltrying...please hang in there and get back on track...we all have one step forward and three back from time to time...but we cannot give up!
You know you can do it by looking back at what you've accomplised...go for it!

Sis, so glad the skiwalkers are working for you. I wrote to Ruth about my signature but she never answered me so I guess I will just have to wait until either 30 days or 30 posts!

Okay girls/boys...let's step it up...drink the water, count the calories/fats and exercise ...we have a long beautiful summer coming up!

Brighten

8 lb lost

Brighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:07 PM   #170  
Rennie

Still
Going backwards does happen from time to time for many of us. We know how to lose the weight. Sometimes, we just give ourself to much leeway and backwards we go. Now is the time to take a deep breath. Look at what you have been doing and then get back on the trail. Falling off the wagon isn't so bad, letting the wagon roll over you is another story. Get back on the seat and let the horses see YOU are the one in control not them.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:35 PM   #171  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

THANKS SHY!!!
THANKS BRIGHTEN!

I am starting OVER again now so I PLAN to be back down to my 160lb mark by spring (april-may)
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:20 PM   #172  
Rennie

I think, it might be, at this time of year we find we have worked so hard to get through the holidays that many of us are starting to slack off just a bit. Now might be a good time for each and everyone of us to look at what we have been doing. I know, for me, it is a time to tweak everything into shape and get back in line.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:15 PM   #173  

Hi all! We are in GA, and we move into the condo tomorrow. It will be nice to get settled and make a trip to the store to stock up on healthy foods. I have tried to make good choices while eating out and with snacks that we've had.

Hang in there everyone!! We can do this!!!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:16 AM   #174  

Everyone!!!Proud parents of a baby girl puppy....Finally she was born....The mama had 5 boys and this one girl!!!! Wonderful how it worked out that we got the only little girl...Hubby and I are riding high!!!!! Picture coming soon....Thank you Lord....
Old 02-01-2008, 01:49 AM   #175  
Reclaiming Me

S/C/G: 198/193/130

Height: 5'5"

Hello all! I'm new to Alli, so I thought I'd join in. So far I haven't noticed ANY of the TEs. I haven't been especially good either. Not especially bad, but not great. I think it is helping though. I started last Sunday and I think I have lost 2 lbs already, maybe more.

Anyone get headaches on it?

Before I ask too many more questions, I need to take the time to peruse all of the posts to see if they've already been answered.
Enigma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:17 PM   #176  

Hi Eni77: Welcome to our site...A new site is to be started today sometime so watch for it....usually have the date on it...

One thing about the pills (capsul) is, sis and I find it keeps us more on track because we don't want to suffer from any accidents, especially away from home!!! So far no problem with that.

My biggest problem is still not drinking enough water and eating the amount of Calories they want you to eat....somedays I get the fats in but not the Calories....Have you ever made Macaroni and Cheese with non fat Cheese and blue milk? Terrible...Next time I make it I will use Low fat....

The Alli Pizza Recipe is good so is the Pineapple Salad. Stick with the program, and you will go down...so far 8 lbs here...but already down a size in my Jeans.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:24 PM   #177  
Reclaiming Me

"blue milk"? What on earth is that? Normally our mac & cheese is the box crap. it's cheap. speaking of which - why are all the healthier foods SO much more expensive??? drives me nuts! Especially, the weeks taht we have to be careful what we spend. It used to cost more for the convenience processed junk... not anymore!
Old 02-01-2008, 02:30 PM   #178  
Rennie

I find the mac and cheese in a box is expensive for what you get. Much cheaper to get the ingredients and make it yourself. Tastes better and you can control the amount of fat and carbs you put into a serving.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-01-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #179  
Reclaiming Me

my homemade mac & cheese has always been fairly expensive per serving than the box crap... and, indeed it is crap, so yes, if by "for what you get", you mean quality - i have to agree. lol
Old 02-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #180  
Reclaiming Me

I took over my mom's starter pack, as she decided she loves her burgers and hot dogs too much. I think there must be something missing from it, even though it looked like all the little support booklets and instructions were there. i have seen people talking about their fat/cal they are supposed to get on Alli - where is this info found?