Old 01-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #151  

Height: 5'4"

Hey someone. How about a new thread for the week? Sure would be nice.

Only lost 1 lb this past week...Disappointed but I know!!!! its better than gaining!!! and the problem I bet is I still am not drinking enough water.
I will try to do that this week...

Would you believe snow still on the ground here...only 2nd time in 20 years and they say the earth is warming!!! not here !

I want to say to all of you, hang in there together and we shall do it. one lb at a time if need be, but we shall do it !!!

To all of you, have a wonderful day...

Sis: HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MANY MORE !!! I hope the birth of my puppy takes place today. Very special...I love you sis!
Bionic Beach Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #152  
Brighten

Height: 5.1

Default Thanks sis

Thanks for the b'day greeting sis...and the phone call!

Shy, I know how important it is to keep track, I use Alli for that even though I know there are other good trackers. Good for you!

Bobbijean, gfallo, mdm, Tammy, Way, Barb...where are you? Miss you all when you don't sign in. Maybe I'm on the wrong thread again!

I stayed the same this week even though I stuck to the plan...but "Hey" eight lbs for two weeks is okay with me. I think it was because of lack of water and too much salt! I most likely will drop a lb or two in a day or two but will not get on that scale until my next weigh-in - Feb 4th.

Sis we are headed to Walmart this afternoon...will p/u our pedometers.
Congrats on your 1lb loss!

Brighten

Brighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #153  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

brighten
Each of us use what helps us keep track and stay on the trail. I don't think there is anything wrong with using anything as long as it is healthy and we understand this journey we take is for a lifetime not just until we get to a certain point on the scale.

I normally loose 1lb a week. I don't find this a disappointment lol. I am doing it consistently. Every two week weigh in 2lbs less to lose than I had before. Would be nice to keep this up until I have lost all of it I want to lose . It is funny sometimes ( not very often ) I lose the 2lbs in a week sometimes the first week sometimes the second. I don't think I have ever lost more than 2lbs in two weeks.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:53 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 269/250/135

Height: 5ft3

Thanks Everyone sorry it has taken me so long to reply back I hope I have better luck this week... i dont think i did so good last week and the past two days I've been slacking on the excercise... I think i need more motivation though I did walk 35 mins on the treadmill last night. Does everyone excerise daily or just like 3 times a week? I don't want to over do it because I dont wanna make myself so tired that Ill stop... but I wanna do enough to lose I only lost 2lbs last week Its ok though I'll take what i can get! lol Hope everyone is having a great day
mdm20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:30 PM   #155  

Brighten, those are some good changes for that recipe. I try to make changes in some of ours also. Every little bit helps. Staying the same weight is better than a gain, but it sure isn't fun, is it? Happy Birthday!!!!

Bionic, enjoy the snow while you have it!! We've had plenty already this year. Congrats on losing a pound!

Shy, I also am happy if I lose 1 pound a week. I know at my age and with the meds, that I need to take it as I get it! lol

mdm, my goal at the beginning of January was to go to the Y at least 3 times a week. If I go more than that, I'm happy. I think starting out with an exercise plan of 3 days as a minimum is a good start. If you increase the time on each of those days and then add another day later, it is better than going crazy right at first. Congrats on the 2 pounds!!!!

I agree about the thread getting long. It will be February on Friday. Should we just wait until then to start another thread????

We are leaving in the morning, but I'm not sure what time. I don't know if I'll have time to get on here or not. I won't be back on till later in the week when we get to the place in Georgia where we are staying. I have my alli packed, I have workout clothes packed, we have plans for lots of walking on the beach. Hubby and I chatted tonight about splitting meals when we go out to eat. Since he has been sick, he barely eats anything. Cheaper to split meals or we can each get our own and bring food back and have it the next day.

If I don't get back on tonight or in the morning, have a great week!!! Behave yourselves!!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:00 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Happy Birthday Bright!
I am here, just got done weighing in. Only down a pound this week, but 6 for the 2 weeks, I'll take it. Havent been near a restaurant or fast food for 2 weeks, that is really the biggest change for me. I tried to stay away from the scale this week, but it seems I do better watching it everyday. Weird. I have a pedometer too, my goal is for 10000 steps a day. Most days is in the 8500 range, so shouldnt have to add too much. Getting ready for a snow storm here tonight too, and I have to go to work at 10pm... should be interesting.

mdm - I am going to wait until 10lbs lost until I focus more on the exercise. The diet is enough of a adjustment for me for now.

Bionic - no puppy yet???

Last edited by barbmarie; 01-28-2008 at 08:07 PM.
barbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:21 PM   #157  
Rennie

I think one of the reasons I have been doing so well getting this weight off is that I have never been on a diet before. Which means I have no bad dieting habits. I have changed how I eat. I incorporate everything i love and don't do without anything. I also have NO preconceived notions of losing weight. Old notions....you can't eat after a certain time in the evening, you have to drink x amount of glasses of water, at my age......

Ladies and gentlemen, it is basically calories taken in and calories burnt off. THAT is it. As we get older and the body does slow down, we need to take less in lol. There are a million excuses why people don't lose weight. Meds of course are not one of those excuses. Most of us know what a good steroid or cortisone will do for the body lol. For me, I went from a skinny twig to a large tree trunk lol.

I am pretty much as active right now as I have been all my life. I do not sit around. There is always something to do. If there is nothing to do, there are always walls to scrub lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 01-29-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:28 PM   #158  

Barb, I'm the same way with the scales. I think it helps me to stay on track. I have our scales packed in the van already for our trip. Congrats on losing that pound!! You are on your way!!! Hope the snow doesn't cause too many problems for your drive to and from work. Be careful!! I also have my pedometer ready for the trip. I used to wear it all the time, but now I have gotten out of the habit. Need to get back into it. 8500 steps is great!

Shy, I know so many people who have dieted and given up on their favorite foods, then they go crazy eating that food when they get a chance. If we just eat less of it, it works out! And getting out and walking is one of the easiest things a person can do. Granted I can't go for long periods of time, but I can do several short periods that add up.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:30 PM   #159  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I started Alli today and had no side effects, yay! Hope you all don't mind if I join in your forum.
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:10 PM   #160  
Brighten

Height: 5.1

Default Welcome

Welcome Bikini! Nice to have you here...you will find this to be a very friendly and encouraging group.

Barb, Shy, Tammy, thanks for reminding me that the older we get we should just be grateful for every 1lb loss and/or no gain. My birthday today was my 68th so I am no young chick to say the least. I know it's more difficult to lose lbs fast since we are not as active as we used to be...but the counting calories/fats seem to be making the difference. Silly but didn't we learn that years ago? I must have forgotten by listening to all those 'quick lbs off" commercials! This time is the last time I diet...I mean eat healthly! I will never diet again. No move books, pills, shots, patches,fads, etc...just normal everyday good food measured, and cooked properly. Thanks again for all the good advice. And good for you all for sticking to it.

mdm, Congrats on the 2lb loss...I only lost 1lb this week so feel good kiddo!

Sis, I am waiting for that email telling me the puppy is here!

Brighten
Brighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:05 PM   #161  

Hi Everyone ! Rain here again in CA. so all the beautiful (cold) snow is gone.
I will admit the snow is much more beautiful than, no color rain, but the rain is warmer.

Tam: Yes, The first of Feb. is a good day to start a new thread..Almost there. Have a wonderful time on your trip. I hope you find some sunshine. It is further south so maybe? Anyway, hope so.

mdm: Congrats on the 2 lb.loss this past week.

Shy: Yea, I remember Calories in, Calories Burnt. I also find that it is harder to lose weight at 73 than it was at 43. Like you said, Our bodies slow down and require less food....Most of us "Live to Eat", and we need to rethink that saying to "Eat to Live". I think the thing you said about going from a Skinny Twig to a Large tree trunk is cute.

Barb: Congrats on your 1lb. loss. We are twins this week. No news on Puppy yet!!!

As far as being busy, ask my Brighten (my sis), how busy I stay...Already got all the drawers and closets etc, cleaned for Spring cleaning and while it is raining I plan to do blinds and curtains...Also do 3 days of Water Arobics and 2 days with Body Electric...and now as soon as my Skiwalkers get here and i view the DVD,on how to use them, I plan to walk again in the fresh air.

Sis is picking up Pedometers today and will mail me one...thanks sis..

Sis: Still working on Alli Cook book. Almost done. I am going to call about the Puppy today...Excited like a new expecting mama. Going to be so hard waiting until March to get it. Congrats on your 1 lb. loss. We are twin for sure now...Love baby, love to you.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:23 PM   #162  

Girls: What do you think of the "Go Lean" bars...for a snack on Alli?
Most of them say abot 190 Calories. and the following:
Total Fat, 5gr. Sod, 250mg. Pot, 50 mg. Total Carb, 27G. Soluble Fiber 3g
Insolube Fiber 3g. Sugar 13g. Protein: 12 g has many Vits...

They come in 3 flavors..Oatmean/Walnut....Chocolate Peanut....and Caramel Peanut.

What do you think? Snack? or meal on the run????
Old 01-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #163  
Rennie

Bionic
If you like they I guess they are fine. With that amount of fat and sodium and carbs I would want something I really like and something that there is a lot of to eat lol. My problem was I wasn't eating enough. I was so surprised when I found out how much food you needed to eat to get the required amounts of the four basic food groups in. Now it is a game to come up with a menu for the next day that has all the required amounts of food and stays within what I allow myself lol.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:22 PM   #164  

Unhappy

Shy: Havn't had one of those bars yet. One of my daughters eats them and I was just wondering if they would be good, say at the show, or if you don't have time to stop and eat a meal.

Everyone: My walking sticks came yesterday. Hubby and I watched the DVD about them, and I hope it stops raining long enough today for me to try them. Though I do water Arobics, 3 days per week and Body Electric 2, it is still not walking. I find I can't walk even around the block without leaning way to the right side and then it hurts, so am hoping the walking sticks will help me stand straight. They say, when you use the sticks, you burn up twice the calories in half the time as you are using the upper body more. You take some of the load off the bottom.

Sis: My first mag. came yesterday....Going to make some low fat Meringues
(Chocolate) today. Can have 5 for a snack on Alli. 115 Calories and 3 grams of fat. I think they would be nice with a cup of hot tea. No puppy yet!!! Here is a today for you, my darling sister.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:22 PM   #165  
Rennie

Bionic
I would say yes. They would also be nice for when you are out shopping and it takes longer than you thought it would because of long lines or traffic. Would give you something to eat ( no popping in for fast food ) and then when you get home to make your meal, you won't be starving and eat to much. Something that might be nice for you is using a treadmill that had rails to hold onto. They would help give you balance and you can walk at your own pace.