Old 01-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #91  

Jaimie, I know there are several people who have been using alli and following the program and having great luck. I started the end of July, and I lost 15 pounds by mid-September. I went off of it (and watching my food intake) when my husband was extremely ill and hospitalized. I'm just now starting back on it. Have you started an exercise program yet? Walking is one of the best things to do.

Brighten, well I guess you and the sis aren't too close then. That is smart to fix things you don't care for!!! Why haven't I thought of that??

Bionic, we saw a commercial for the movie tonight. Hubby said we HAVE to see that!! Maybe we can go to see it when we go south. Right now things are hectic trying to get things done around here.

I'm planning to get up and go to the Y and ride the bike and do the treadmill tomorrow. Since I did cardio machines today, I'll take a break from them.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:35 PM   #92  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic Beach Babe View Post
Hi All. Back from town and dinner all over.

Tammy: The movie "The Bucket List" was very good. Serious in places but also so funny in other places. Jack Nickleson said one thing that was so cute. "When you get old you have to remember 3 things. 1. Here I forgot what he said, will have to check it out. I was two busy laughing at the other two things. 2: Remember never to pass by a Rest Room and 3. Remember when you fart, it may mean more than you think.
The language was more than I really like but then again they played two very different men who look at life very different from each other, Go see it. Makes a person think.

My sister and I are very close knit. We are all we have left in that part of the family. We live a little over 700 miles apart but Email sometimes 2-4 times a day.

Sis: Will try to get the picture in tomorrow. Glad you got the rubber on your cane. I miss you.

Jamie: Welcome ! check back Monday when I weight in and I will tell you how I did. I want to weight in but will wait until my first week is over. My sis and I are new on Alli this week.

Nicole: Glad to have you with us too...
Thanks! I've actually been off Alli for two days because I've been sick with Bronchitis and haven't been eating low fat foods. But, I will be back on my "diet" tomorrow. When I'm sick (other than a stomach flu) I have to eat "bad" food.
BabyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:16 PM   #93  

Nicole, sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I can relate to the "bad" food!

I have been a slug this morning. I told hubby last night that I thought my ears were plugging up, sinus infection or something. This morning I was so dizzy, so I took medicine and went back to bed. I feel better now, so I'm heading for the Y. Better late than never I guess.

AND I am sitting here drinking a REAL Pepsi. I already journaled the calories.

Hope to hear from everyone!!
Old 01-18-2008, 12:43 PM   #94  
Brighten

Height: 5.1

Default Cheers!

The title is for you Tammy and your Diet Pepsi! Sorry about your dizzyness, hope it's okay now? The dessert went well last night...it's all gone except for about three slices of carrot cake DH's favorite so no chance of me sneaking them!

Get well fast Nicole! Our little Maltese is four years old in March, his name is "Lil Bear" and he runs this house!

Sis I miss you so very much...cannot wait for the puppy to be born so I can go see and pick her out for you...and you come up to get her!

Slight headache today again...had part of a diet pepsi last night to try to quell it. I know it's from withdrawal from the caffein.

Well off to the showers!

Oh, Sis, I too have not weighed, I do not want to until Monday. When I went to the doctor on Wednesday she had to weigh me so I told her I would get on and close my eyes then she could weigh me...she made sure the thingys were slid back to start before I opened my eyes. tee hee I am still 5'1 so a least I have not lost more height!

See you all later......

Brighten
Brighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:44 PM   #95  

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Girls, Just back from water class. Got a good work out.
B - was 1 cup Shreaded Wheat, non fat milk, 1 banana and 1 T. PB
Got some Cooked Chicken out of the freezer, so will do lunch with that.

Tammy,Baby, sorry you are both not feeling up to par. Get well fast.

I thought I was done with Spring Cleaning but remembered I still have 2 drawers in the Utility Room to do....Hubby and I are going through our books and VCRs today...Hope to finish this all up today and move on to more interesting things...Maybe weather will break for good and I can get Roses trimmed, moved and more new ones in the ground next week. Always busy here.

Sis: I posted the picture under Bionic Beach Babe. Try to post it under your name too. GIRlS: Now you can see what we look like before Alli. Sis is the one on the left and I am the one on the right.
Bionic Beach Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:49 PM   #96  

Hey Sis: Good girl on the desserts last night.
Only 11 more days and my puppy will be born...Counting the days.

Glad you didn't see the weight at the doctor's office...Monday is our day.

Words can't express how much I miss you and finding it hard to wait until end of March to see you and pick up my puppy....

have a wonderful day...will write Email soon. It looks like we were typing at the same time again. I love you so much.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:13 PM   #97  

Bionic, you look like a friend's mother!! No kidding! You could be twins!! Are you sure you don't live in Ohio???? Good for you for getting your workout in!!

Brighten, I am drinking a Diet Mt. Dew right now, and it has caffeine. Most of the time I drink Diet Pepsi with no caffeine, but to be honest with you, there are days that the caffeine helps with some of my aches and pains. And you look like a woman that I worked with last spring on an Emmaus Walk. Too funny!!

Lil Bear is adorable!! We have a 14 year old dachsund named Kramer. He is really getting on my husband's nerves lately. Hubby is retired and since he has been sick, he rarely leaves the house. I think they are together too much. I keep trying to encourage hubby to get out of the house even if it's just to go for a drive, but it rarely happens.
That's funny about getting weighed at the doctor. I used to do that when I went to WW meetings. I told them to just write it down, and I would stuff my card in my purse. Glad to hear you are stil 5'1"!! I am 5'8".

I went to the Y, and I rode the recumbant bike for 35 min. and walked on the treadmill for 20. Not sure if I'll get there tomorrow. I plan to go visit our son where he goes to college, about an hour from here. Hubby isn't going, so son and I plan to go out to eat, hit the mall and use my giftcard for CJBanks that he bought me for Christmas, and basically just hang out and visit. We are leaving the 29th for GA, and I am going to miss him so much. It's silly because we usually see him maybe once a month because of his class and work schedule. We'll be gone 6 weeks, and he is flying down one weekend to visit. Wish he could bring the dog. He's going to the doggy hotel.

That's all for now ladies.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:47 PM   #98  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighten View Post
The title is for you Tammy and your Diet Pepsi! Sorry about your dizzyness, hope it's okay now? The dessert went well last night...it's all gone except for about three slices of carrot cake DH's favorite so no chance of me sneaking them!

Get well fast Nicole! Our little Maltese is four years old in March, his name is "Lil Bear" and he runs this house!

Sis I miss you so very much...cannot wait for the puppy to be born so I can go see and pick her out for you...and you come up to get her!

Slight headache today again...had part of a diet pepsi last night to try to quell it. I know it's from withdrawal from the caffein.

Well off to the showers!

Oh, Sis, I too have not weighed, I do not want to until Monday. When I went to the doctor on Wednesday she had to weigh me so I told her I would get on and close my eyes then she could weigh me...she made sure the thingys were slid back to start before I opened my eyes. tee hee I am still 5'1 so a least I have not lost more height!

See you all later......

Brighten
Thanks everyone, I'm feeling better today.

And your Maltese is so cute!!!!!!!! I keep looking at his picture!!!!!! I have a Yorkie. She's 2 years old, and she runs the house too!

Here's a recent pic of her in her Christmas dress.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:50 PM   #99  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
Bionic, you look like a friend's mother!! No kidding! You could be twins!! Are you sure you don't live in Ohio???? Good for you for getting your workout in!!

Brighten, I am drinking a Diet Mt. Dew right now, and it has caffeine. Most of the time I drink Diet Pepsi with no caffeine, but to be honest with you, there are days that the caffeine helps with some of my aches and pains. And you look like a woman that I worked with last spring on an Emmaus Walk. Too funny!!

Lil Bear is adorable!! We have a 14 year old dachsund named Kramer. He is really getting on my husband's nerves lately. Hubby is retired and since he has been sick, he rarely leaves the house. I think they are together too much. I keep trying to encourage hubby to get out of the house even if it's just to go for a drive, but it rarely happens.
That's funny about getting weighed at the doctor. I used to do that when I went to WW meetings. I told them to just write it down, and I would stuff my card in my purse. Glad to hear you are stil 5'1"!! I am 5'8".

I went to the Y, and I rode the recumbant bike for 35 min. and walked on the treadmill for 20. Not sure if I'll get there tomorrow. I plan to go visit our son where he goes to college, about an hour from here. Hubby isn't going, so son and I plan to go out to eat, hit the mall and use my giftcard for CJBanks that he bought me for Christmas, and basically just hang out and visit. We are leaving the 29th for GA, and I am going to miss him so much. It's silly because we usually see him maybe once a month because of his class and work schedule. We'll be gone 6 weeks, and he is flying down one weekend to visit. Wish he could bring the dog. He's going to the doggy hotel.

That's all for now ladies.
I drink Diet Coke. I like it so much better than Diet Pepsi. I used to HATE diet soda! Now I'm one of those "idiots" who orders a Big Mac, Fries, and a Diet Coke. LOLOLOL

PS. I mean, uhhh, was one of those "idiots." hehehehe
Old 01-18-2008, 06:24 PM   #100  

Funny how we used to order fat food and diet drink...we all did it.

I envy you who have dogs...We had to put our puffin down last Aug. and we are lost with out her. We are expecting a baby girl, black and white, ShihPoo, on Jan. 29th. I hope it comes a day sooner on sis's birthday.
We are nameing her "Sweetpea LuAn" Lu is after me and An is Andy my hubby.

I warn you now, before your dogs get too old get another...if we had two and lost puffin, at least we would have been able to hold the other dog and cry with it.

We will travel to WA State to visit my sis, and pick up our Pupply when it is around 8 weeks old...Counting the days until her birth.

Gives your doggies a big hug from me. I still envy you.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:09 PM   #101  

Nicole, your Yorkie is adorable!! Cute dress!! I switch back and forth between diet sodas. I think I like Diet Pepsi best though. LOL to the Big Mac.

Bionic, we won't be getting another dog after Kramer. Now that we are retired, we are on the go all the time. We can't take him everywhere we go, and it isn't fair to him to leave him at the doggy hotel all the time. I know they take special care of him there because they think he is pretty special. That helps me with leaving him while we head south.

Thought I'd check messages and then get started on my Bible reading and study for the day. I try to do it earlier in the day, but today was just crazy. Not even sure why!
Old 01-18-2008, 10:29 PM   #102  
Brighten

Default Cute

Nicole, yes your yorkie is adorable too! Lil Bear would have a fit if I dressed him up like that but he does get a bow in his top knot when he's groomed. People make fun of him because he's a boy! Really if I put clothes on him he would mat so can't do the dress up thing.

Tammy, DH and I read every morning...first I read out loud from whatever book we are in at the time (we love Helmut Thielicke's books) I read a chapter...then DH reads a chapter out of the Bible and they we take turns praying. I would be lost without the start in God's word each day.

Sis, are you sure you want to get the puppy at eight weeks? When they are that small it's really best to wait for 12 weeks. I know it's hard on you but so much better the puppy to be with mama...mama potty breaks them and they are less likely to get sick. Just a thought.

I am tired...one more load to fold then off for the day!

Love you sis...see you all tomorrow
Brighten
Old 01-19-2008, 12:58 AM   #103  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Diet anything is yucky and would never cross my lips lol I don't even eat artificial sweeteners in anything.

I would love to have a Yorke. They HATE me. I always wanted one. We decided to get me a another dog. We looked at dozens of them ( I am not kidding ) they are the only dog I have ever seen that doesn't like me lol. I was heart broken. Nicole yours is beautiful.

Tammy
I haven't forgotten you. Had two birthdays this month so money was a bit tight. Will get that shipped out as soon as I can.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Sorry I haven't been around. I have been having a terrible time. Hard drives going POOF POOF POOF. I have it all held together with bubble gum and bailing wire until my new parts come in.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:04 PM   #104  
Brighten

Shy, nice to see you back
. We too looked at Yorkies but our Lil Bear came up at the same time, he was 8 mo. old and the lady who bought him did not want him...what a fool she was to give up this precious loving dog...we are happy she did!

Baby, my daughter is a diet coke fan also and teases me about my diet pepsi...actually I believe she'd rather have the real thing.

Sis, we truly enjoyed the Bucket List, thanks for recommending it.

Tammy, two more days until I weigh-in for the first time on Alli.

See you all on Monday...sis we are going to do it!

Brighten
Old 01-19-2008, 12:11 PM   #105  

Shy Moment: Nice to read you here. As soon as you get that hard drive all fixed I hope you will be back with us more.

Nicole: Your Yorkie is beautiful...One of my daughter and hubby have one that weighs 3 lbs...A very tiny one filled with vim and vigor. His name is Sam. What name did you give your sweet girl?

I am off to my church today. Going to sing with all my heart praises to Him who loves us regardless. Blessings to you all.

I tried another of Alli's breakfasts and through it out and made it over to my so called liking...It was called "Cinnamon-Raisin Toast with Ricotta Cheese".
didn't really care for my make over either but ate it..Threw the recipe away. So far the other breakfasts have been fine.

Some of the recipes on 2-fat chicks are better. just have to check the fats.
2 more days until weigh in...Hope sis and I lost some weight.