Old 01-08-2008, 03:17 PM   #31  

Height: 5'4"

Thank you for all the answers....as far as meds I take...Just Celebrex...and all kinds of Vitamins....other than the joints i am in very good health.

I see on Amazon.com you can buy Alli (starter kit) for as low as 99 cents plus about $8 shipping...but looks like it comes from other countries...If I buy Alli and pay the full price of around $46.00 is it made here in our country. After the scare of things from China I wonder....

I understand by your letters, you are to stay away from junk food, Which is good.

Thank you for sharing the information. Looks like a great group of people here. Best to you all.

Going to travel to Target Thursday...Our Walmart is 120 miles away. Darn!
Bionic Beach Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:38 PM   #32  

Hi all ! bionic if something is too good to be true it probably is.. i wouldnt go there ! amazon.com is a great site but dont pay lower than the going rate of alli ! make sure you get the starter kit !!

going for a walk take care.......sue
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:53 PM   #33  

Nicole, this is my first year of retirement after teaching for 30 years. I can relate about using the restroom. If you are doing the alli program right, you shouldn't have any emergencies. Only if you overdo on the fat.

bionic, I took celebrex at one time, and it did absolutely nothing for me. I was put on relafen, and that worked much better. I'm with you on the ordering. I wouldn't go for the 99cents alli.

Well, I thought this morning that I'd take the dog for a walk today after I finished all of my errands & meetings for the day. Not. It is pouring down rain. We're supposed to get some nasty thunderstorms and wind later this evening. I have another meeting at 7:00. I really don't want to go out in the rain, but I will.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #34  

Height: 5'4"

Thanks both of you. Will price it at Costco...Walgreens is 47.95 but that is with mailing in a $12 rebate...Rite Aid is 49.95....and no mailing in any thing...So unless Costco is much cheaper...It will be Rite Aid for sure.

Tammy: Thanks for telling me about the Relafen. I will look into it though Celebrex has been good for me these past 8 years....

Told my sister about this site and she might join us on Alli...thanks you for being so kind....
Bionic Beach Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:17 PM   #35  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Hi everyone! Glad to see all the posts and the joint is jumping! I had a pretty good day today - no splurges and stayed in my fat limits. It feels good to be back on plan, writing things down, looking at the nutrition labels, etc. Routine can be a good thing after the chaos of the holidays.
bobbigene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:08 AM   #36  

bionic, we'd be glad to welcome your sister to the site!!! The more, the merrier!! We can get more ideas and help from each other that way.

bobbigene, I have to agree that it does feel good to be back into a routine after the holidays. I was on the go all day yesterday, and even with eating out I feel like I did well with my choices. I sure hope today isn't as hectic. I can't handle 2 days in a row like that!! lol

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!!!
Old 01-09-2008, 08:59 PM   #37  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

My gosh I haven't been able to find you all the whole year. Since there is no way I can catch up lol. Hope everyone is doing well. Weight loss happened if with the holidays and your lives are happy and healthy.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:10 AM   #38  

Shy, glad that you caught up with the group!!!

I told hubby last night to push me out of the house about 8:00 to go to the Y. I have to get back into the habit of doing that at least 3 days a week. That was part of my new year's goal.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:30 PM   #39  

Shy... there you are i was worried about you ! how are you doing ?

Tammy i know going to the y is tough right now but you and i know that after a week or so you will feel bad if you dont go ! good luck on keep on keeping on !!

i am going to get back on alli soon. i thought i could "just do it myself" and go from there, that was until i was face to face with a huge bean and cheese burrito with sour cream and guacamole ! although i only ate half and gave the rest to my son, i know i wouldnt have even thought to eat it if i was on alli ! gad could you just imagine what that would have happened . Then there was the coconut choclate chip cookie , i lesson i needed to learn.

have a great day allicats !! How are our newbies doing ? dont forget to chat with us !!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:40 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 269/250/135

Height: 5ft3

Hello everyone I just started Alli today after gaining around 20 pounds since summer... I think its due to stress and emotional eating. I was doing so well over the summer too... with no help just calorie counting and walking. Hopefully I can stick to this because I never thought I'd weigh this much. But anyway I just wanted to say hello and talk to people taking Alli as well
mdm20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #41  

Welcome Mdm...we are all here to support each other, so any questions, hints defeats or success we all are here waiting to hear. good luck...sue
Old 01-11-2008, 12:38 AM   #42  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

got2
Doing pretty good. Weight loss is slow but at least it is there. I really want the secret of eating the calories and such we are suppose to eat and still losing 5lbs a week lol. Thank you for talking about that burrito, oh yuck I don't want to eat now lol. How have you been?

Tammy
I don't know why I couldn't find everyone. Glad I did. I have missed you all. Exercise is good for us. I do walking/aerobic videos a couple of times a day and resistance training a couple times a week. I don't have to leave the house. We don't even have a gym anywhere close except the Y and it is 500 dollars a year to go there.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:04 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 328/?/140

Height: 5'3"

Talking Alli User Here

I ALL JUST WANTED TO JOIN YOU ALL.... I BEEN TAKING ALLI FOR ABOUT ONE AND HALF WEEKS NO WEIGHT CHANGE BUT I THINK I HAVE LOST INCHES .... SO WHAT ARE YOU ALL EATTING??? I BEEN WALKING 2 MILES EVERYDAY AND NOT GETTING ANYWHERE...... BIG HUGS TONYA
chubbystress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:15 AM   #44  

shy..i noticed ANOTHER cheerleader !! congratulations- 40 pounds wow. i long for just 5. i have been walking to try to lose weight and get out of the house, but today at the final check up for my knee, he gave me another 10 weeks off. and no walking ! so now what.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:18 AM   #45  

tonya, walking may be giving you some leg muscles that is why you are not showing a loss yet.. my weight loss is very slow then suddenly i will have a 3 - 5 pound weight loss. be sure to eat you calorie range and drink the water too. What is your food intake like ?