Old 04-02-2007, 03:55 PM   #211  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Talking

Between no internet because of a stupid splitter and more drama with the boyfriend haven't been posting.
For me I use the scale as a guide of what I am doing. Since I don't measure and I can't always tell the difference in my clothes its helped. I don't use it as a way to determine success or failure though. When I gain I look at what I've been doing and say ok lets try something different. I don't think I believe in failure as long as I've learned something from it. I don't think life is that cut and dry and neither is weight loss.

Ok ya'll are making me think...stop it
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:24 AM   #212  

Fiddler, I really hope that no one slips up and tells me my weight! Ugh!

When I started my temp job (it is the same seasonal temp job I had last year) a few people mentioned I had lost weight. And, I went to a specialty bra store and the fitting lady told me that I am not that big in my band measurement (38" or 40") but wow, my cup size is big. But I did take it as encouraging that she thought my band size was not that big. So there were two "good things".

Curves has been great. I thought it would be too "lightweight" for me but it seems just right. This is my third week going and my heartrate is getting better. I can put effort into my routine and still keep the heart rate around 20. The first week there I was alarmed by how high my heart rate was going when I was doing next to nothing.

Over the weekend we bought a lot of fruit and I am determined that we will stop wasting food. We are shooting for two pieces of fruit a day. I've decided to put fruit out at dinner instead of having it when we get around to it.

Obsidian, I'm going to let the lady at Curves weigh me and put it in my chart and if I get comfortable with myself I may want to go back and look. But for now it is too likely to upset me.

I am sorry to hear about your boyfriend. I know that is so upsetting. The last breakup I had was terrible. I need to go back and read your story. It is so hard to read all the posts after any absence.

2frustrated, who in the world is being your food police??? That is so funny, yet annoying. About the gaining weight, your "Beyond Chocolate" sounds like Overcoming Overeating in so many ways. The gaining weight part is when you eat the chocolate biscuits when you feel like it and then gain some weight with the confidence that it will drop off later when the biscuits aren't such a big deal anymore. But maybe there is a difference in the programs after all! Regardless, it sounds very close and I look forward to your writings.

Well must sleep now!
Wiffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:05 AM   #213  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Heh! It was a lady who work who called me on eating choccy biccies! They all think I'm a super-healthy fitness freak who doesn't eat pizza and stuff. Well they're only right on one front - I AM a super-healthy fitness freak, but I DO eat pizza and stuff. And I think I will eat less if I "officially" let myself eat it, rather than rebelling, or "treating" myself with a pizza. It's JUST FOOD!!!!!

So yesterday I "tuned in" and journalled my little heart out for most of the work day

This morning I did the naked mirror thing and I thought, "Oooh I look good today!" I'm sure it's 100% mental since I haven't lost 7lbs overnight, but my stomach, I thought, was looking flatter! Maybe TOM is de-bloating me today

Yeah, so it's all good. I'm feeling balanced.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #214  
Intuituve Eater

Wink

Wiffle- The only thing you can do wrong is not do what is right for you. Hope that makes sense, glad to see you're enjoying the exercise.

Short story on the boyfriend. We've known each other for 7 years, dated for 6 months, stoppped, got back together when he said he was going to iraq been dating for a year and 2 months. The last 3 months have been ****. Yesterday he told me he was annoyed I wouldn't get with the program. Trust and believe no one wants to get with his program. I have stopped caring. I don't believe in being unhappy its against my religion so my phones are off and he can talk to the answering machine and maybe IT will get with the program cuz there is no way I am.

Something interesting I've probably experienced every emotion in the last 3 months and none really had an effect on my hunger, but rage and anger have been great appetite suppressant.

2Frus speaking of the food police. The guys at work have been monitoring me and the girl scout cookies, which I have been doing pretty good with. Every one of them has asked me once while I was eating the cookies. Hey you're not supposed to eat that.

Here are my responses.
I don't remember asking you if I could eat the cookie.
Really well losing 30 lbs says I can.
I'm happy leave me alone.

No they aren't the most diplomatic answers. LOL...but they only ask me once.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:04 AM   #215  
aka Superwoman!

Perhaps, "You're not supposed to put your foot in your mouth but you do it anyway!"
Old 04-03-2007, 11:23 AM   #216  
Intuituve Eater

thanks I needed that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated View Post
Perhaps, "You're not supposed to put your foot in your mouth but you do it anyway!"
Old 04-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #217  
aka Superwoman!

Glad to help!

I'm coming to a revelation... I don't want to eat anything else sweet today! I probably mentioned that I was doing the thing with the "forbidden" foods... Well I've been eating a few biccies, but not as much as I could've done. Nor as much as I would've done if they were still forbidden. Anyway, so I've had about 3.5 biccies today. I had a banana caramel pancake for brekky, some biccies, then beef bagel for lunch, another half biccie, then a yoghurt with nuts & cranberries, a kiwi and some strawberries and now I'm a bit gutted because I think I'll probably be hungry while I'm training tonight and I've only got chocolate biccies to take with me I have a pot of rice pudding too, but that's pretty sweet. Although I might take that with me since it'll be a bit nicer than flippin choccy biccies!

Oooh I never thought I'd be here, but I think my sweet tooth's going! Which is good because I've been eating sweet stuff since the weekend! YAY! I love this intuitive eating thing! I'm going to have some cauliflower for tea!
Old 04-03-2007, 01:02 PM   #218  

Well, something wierd happened. I usually put a shortcut to the page we are on and then when the next page comes up it show up. This time it didn't show up and I thought everyone had quit posting. boo hoo. Well, when I was looking at the main page I saw Obi posted and then logged off.....can't remember why. When I logged on I couldn't find her post. I was so frustrated (he he 2frus!) so I clicked on her name to find all her posts and low and behold there was a page 15. So now I'm not trusting this page thing anymore. Good to hear all your stories. What are biccies? I tried to buy the Beyond Chocolate book and it was $26 for a paper back book!!! A bit much, I think. Isn't it funny how some days you feel thinner? I'm not sure that's a good thing, ha! Now here's a question. Yesterday my dd and I went shopping and didn't eat until we were starving. Shopping is more important, right? Well, 2 hr. after we ate I was still hungry. The cool thing is that I ate soup and was really satisfied for the rest of the night. I never dreamed it would hold off till morning. I usually wake up really hungry. So would you, in general, eat if you were hungry and had just had a big meal 2 hr earlier?
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:05 PM   #219  

Dear Obi, I know all about the food police. If it wasn't my mom then it was my dh........or my 10kids!!!!!!!!!
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:12 PM   #220  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Good morning all.

Food police huh??? They are so annoying trying to be helpful but really being a hindrance.

I have been working a lot the last few days. Had our weigh in at TOPS last night and I managed to get rid of one half pound. At least it was downward.

Besides working I have been trying to find a foster home or assisted living unit with a bed for my mil. Feeling very very

One of the issues I am having with the intuitive eating is that I am not supposed to eat white flour, sugar, or artificial sweetners so that narrows the food field considerably. I will do this though.

Carol on getting through the night on the soup.

Obi: Sorry about the boyfriend troubles. He is probably nervous and not acting himself. I know I would be if I were heading for Iraq. I am sure you nervous about it too.

2fru: Did you get through yesterday without anything else sweet? It was good that you recognized that you didn't want anything else sweet.

wiffle: I agree that weighing yourself can be harmful to this WOE. I also think that is an individual decision and I would encourage you to post here and join us as there are many many NSV's to report along the way. Hope you decide to stay.

fiddler: Glad you are enjoying Curves. I belonged two years ago and decided to join the gym instead but I don't go to that either and unfortunately just having a gym membership doesn't change anything.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:01 PM   #221