Old 03-21-2007, 02:46 PM   #166  

Sorry to jump in here, just wondering if there is a beginning thread here that kind of explains how this works. Having a hard time counting calories because I obsess too much, wondering if I should try this out.

Have a great day.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:56 PM   #167  
-

S/C/G: 245/178/150?

Height: 5'10"

Hi Shelby,

Check out this thread

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90266

that's where I fist started reading about it. There are a few references to books in that thread that can help you too!

Beth
CinnamonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:15 PM   #168  

Thanks!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:08 PM   #169  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Talking

Hey everyone, welcome new people.

Eating has returned to normal. Jumped on the scale just to see and doing ok. Not an official weigh-in but I think the gain was more TOM than anything else. I seem to be back to pre-TOM weight. I broke down and bought the 100 calories snacks. I seemed to have a problem on my late nights at work about an hour before I was supposed to leave work. I would hit the vending machine only to find nothing I wanted and settling for something ( I still have a half finished bag of wheat thins). Only thing I try and eat all my fruit for the day and if I am still hungry I eat the 100 calorie pack. Funny, I haven't touched the pack I through in my bag on Monday.

Off Topic. BF and I had a VERY long talk so we're going to maintain until he heads to IRAQ. I think I can't just walk away knowing he might not come back again...no make up in 6 months..he might not be alive. Anyway....still marinating, but looks like things will be ok.

ok NSV-Back in Jan I ordered Girl Scout cookies. I had completely forgotten. So the wicked cookies (75 calories a cookie). While I am doing IE...all I could think when I looked at the content was the 2 lb gain. So I gave away three quarters of the box. Had 4 cookies over 2 days and was fine.

Working out has been kind of a trial. Mostly because of wacky schedule and late nights, but managed 20 min last night. Something else. While I used to LOVE WATP. I absolutely can't stand watching her now. Just too much chatting, can we sweat already?

Lastly, anyone make sushi at home? It's one of my favorite snacks and thinking if I could do it at home I could have it for lunch a lot every week.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:43 PM   #170  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi Shelby!
Beth - thanks for that link you posted for Shelby - it makes me wonder where all those people went, though...
Carol - I just clicked on the "quote" box on the right of the post I wanted to quote
Obi - I make my own sushi! I will post some recipes later when I get to my home recipes. Most important thing if you use raw fish is to use sushi-grade fish. I would not use any fish I got at the regular supermarkets. I would go to fish markets or directly to the fishermen who dock here. Maybe in NYC you have good access to sushi-grade.
Also I use brown rice and honey instead of white rice and sugar to make the sticky-rice. I'll post more details later!
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:50 PM   #171  

Obi, I know how you feel about WATP. I gave mine away. I'm into long walks right now but since it rained today, I road the stationary bike. At least I can read to my hearts content on that. We have lost of hills in WI and sometimes I take a pocket book to get me up the big ones. ha! I've never tried sushi. The raw fish always scared me away. Welcome, Shelby. How's everything going, Beth? Thanks, Jo, I finally see how to do the quote thing.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:55 PM   #172  
Intuituve Eater

Unhappy

Ok Spiny Mold me, shape me..

What exactly is sushi grade fish, just so I know when people try and jerk me around. I am going to try the whole food market and see if they have it.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:46 PM   #173  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidianbbw View Post
Ok Spiny Mold me, shape me..

What exactly is sushi grade fish, just so I know when people try and jerk me around. I am going to try the whole food market and see if they have it.
Since Spiny is probably off dreaming up yet another entry for the Pillsbury Bake-off contest so she can win $1 million and retire, here's a link for you, Obie

http://ask.yahoo.com/20040513.html

Hey, Spiny, what about a corn muffin with a chili filling instead of the traditional chili with cornbread? You could "frost" them with some kind of sour cream/chipotle chile/cheese mixture.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:21 AM   #174  
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
Obi, I know how you feel about WATP. I gave mine away. I'm into long walks right now but since it rained today, I road the stationary bike. At least I can read to my hearts content on that. We have lost of hills in WI and sometimes I take a pocket book to get me up the big ones. ha! I've never tried sushi. The raw fish always scared me away. Welcome, Shelby. How's everything going, Beth? Thanks, Jo, I finally see how to do the quote thing.
Oh, I'm really off! I've been off for over a week now. Can't seem to eat right (types of foods are good but too much and for the wrong reasons), not exercising much to speak of, sleep's been really bad. We're trying to get a bunch of work done for a gallery and we're pushing waaaaay too hard so everything else has fallen to the wayside. My days and nights are all mixed up so YUCK! I need to get my balance back.

My goal for tomorrow: eat a "normal" amount of food because I'm hungry NOT tired and get outside for a walk! Also NO Kashi Go Lean - it's become an obsession, I'm eating waaaaay to much of it and is not doing me any favors trigger-wise. I've got to somehow find my motivation that has gone missing over the past few weeks. I feel like I'm on the edge of that ***HORROR*** slippery slope and don't want to go there!

Any help or words or motivation would be greatly appreciated you guys!

Beth
Old 03-22-2007, 06:46 AM   #175  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Beth - We all have cruddy days/weeks etc. Giving up on the Kashi sounds like a plan at the moment. Also - TAKE A FLIPPIN NAP! I know it's hard, spesh when there's no time, but even sitting in the bathroom stall and closing your eyes for 5 mins is better than nothing (I know, I have done this!!!! I have also slept out in the car park in the back of the company car at lunchtime! ) Also, when you need to take a break, go for a nice brisk walk - it will make you feel better and you'll come back feeling refreshed. Hope things come back to normal for you soon!

Well in Frus-land things are going particularly well. My exercise plan is spot on for the week, however I am TIRED from it all - but never mind, just today and a weights workout tomorrow to get through, then it's NAP TIME!

Eating wise I blew last weekend, this week has been good even if it was a little higher in calories than I would've liked. I mentally add it up at the end of the day and most days have been coming in at around 2000, which is fine by me since I think I "naturally" burn around 2300 not including exercise. And BOY have I been exercising this week???

I'm tempted to post my scales to my mother so that I have this scared thing. I figure, if I don't want to put on weight, and I don't KNOW if I've put on weight, then I will automatically choose the healthy choice... It could work! Maybe I should just try a fortnight without weighing

Anyway... I have a good mantra now - "Running a Marathon will be easier if I'm lighter..." It's true to a certain extent and I hope it makes me more aware of what I'm shoving in my gob!

:
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:44 AM   #176  
Intuituve Eater

Red face

Beth, I'm with 2Frus sneak sleep in whenever you can and if possible take a small walk, even if it is around the block or car park. I find when I work 8 hours or more straight. I NEED to get away from my desk for sometime even if it is 10 min doing nothing on the toilet. Or sleeping in an empty office. Hope it gets better

The thing about the eating. When I was doing the whole house buying thing I tried to ask myself if I was hungry and and how much. Sometimes I ate anyway and sometimes I was able to walk away from whatever it was. I was able to maintain until it was all over. So don't be to hard on yourself

Spiny,Fiddler-ok I am now fully educated in sushi fish requirements. I am going to walk up to the whole foods supermarket since I trust them a little more than other places and see whats poppin' in the fish department.

Spiny. I was thinking about you and the exercise thing. Exercise is what you make it. and I say do it intuitively. OK no idea why I needed to say that, but there it is.

Something else I have been rolling around in the ole noggin' the whole self esteem thing. We are all beautiful women and anyone who doesn't see that can move and get the out of the way.
I spent the first 21 years of my life walking behind people and have NO self esteem I will be darned if I let anyone treat me other than the complete Queen that I am. Period.

I think we all have wishy washy days, but sometimes You need a little. I am a Diva...you should be honored to be in my presence attitude.

This is not to say go out and step on people, but I think everyone needs a little diva in them.

Ok. I am off the soapbox and will no longer subject you to my ramblings.

Obie Out...
Old 03-22-2007, 03:00 PM   #177  

Hi Beth. The other day when I got really down like you I decided to start walking again. I had been having way to many crying episodes. Since then I've been walking 5 to 6 mi. a day and though it is killing me it has stopped most of the crying and feeling sorry for myself. It seems to have lessened my appetite, too. This was my 8th day although I skip Sun. I'm amazed how quickly the soreness goes away if you skip a day. Healing is wonderful! Obi, I love reading your posts........they're not too long. 2frus, I read some of your other posts and ran into YP. She is amazing! I read some of her blog. I have a big week, too, as we are having a Bible conference for several hundred people and I'm one of the cooks. Most things we prepare ahead so it's not too bad. We also keep people in our homes so cleaning is kind of a priority right now. Good thing I have a 16 yr. old daughter who like to earn money.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:08 PM   #178  
-

Thank you, Fru, Obi and Carol! You are all so very supportive and helpful I can't thank you enough.

I will go for a walk today. It's bright and sunny and WARM here so I want to take advantage of it. I'm not much of a napper but a break is always good. It's so nice to have 3FC to come to when you really need a shoulder to cry on or an arm for support. Thank you again!

Carol, I'm glad to hear the walking is helping you!

Beth
Old 03-23-2007, 01:24 PM   #179  

Thank you, Beth. It's is getting a little easier every day although it does take quite a bit of time. When it rains, I try to use the exercise bike and my dd wants to get an eliptical. My married son has one and likes it. It's just nice to have something when the weather is bad especially in the dead of winter. I do a lot of gardening so that helps in the summer.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:29 PM   #180  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Beth - hope you're feeling better.

Stuff is straightening out for me. I had a REALLY bad binge-attack last night and it made me feel so sick I even yelled at myself in the middle of it and it made me slow down a little at least.

Well I felt ill till about 10am, so then I've had a pretty reasonable day today, lean protein, fruits and veggies. I even asked myself what I'd like for dinner and the answer was "VEGETABLES PLEASE!" so I emptied all the veggies we had onto a tray and baked the lot! I am one happy camper now! I feel like I've got all my vitamins!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote