Old 04-27-2007, 02:27 PM   #346  
Tallahasss

Hi everyone!
Obie - I love doing squats! The heavier the weight, the better. Good luck with your ex.

I'm soooo frickin hungry today! I just can't seem to get full. Yesterday afternoon I ate several things when I wasn't hungry. In "Overcoming Overeating" they tell you to be nice and not beat yourself up over binges, but it's hard to do. I think that's a great book for anyone who thinks they binge for emotional reasons. They really emphasize being nice to yourself with your self talk and stuff.

It's so crazy, I feel like I've been eating for years when I haven't been hungry but never really noticed. What an eye opener!

I walked my friend's dog yesterday and the day before. She brings her dogs to work with her and I can walk them. It's fun and right on the way home. I think I'm going to start walking dogs at the shelter a couple days a week too.

Have a nice weekend everyone! TGIF!
ulapie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:59 PM   #347  

S/C/G: Size 26W/Size 24W/Size 8

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hi folks -
I'm trying IE for the first time (though I've done WW Core before). What can I say... I love it! Today has been in the 90s and I have a cold (no appetite), so all I've had all day (it's 6 PM) is asparagus and bread with spaghetti sauce. Still not hungry. If I were still counting points, I would get ill with what I would have to consume, heehee. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Vanessa
rubberlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:20 AM   #348  

S/C/G: 198/165/143

Height: 5"8.5

Hi All,
Just wanted to ask you guys a quick question.

Some of you are more experienced at IE than others, and I was wanting to know.. How do you stop that internal dialogue every time you decide to eat something? I've been trying to honour my hunger signals for the past few days, and I find I'm still so anxious about what I truly feel like eating. Should I go for this, it's lower in fat, yeah but that's full of carbs, etc, etc...

It defeats the purpose to worry like that, but I can't seem to snap out of the diet mentality. And then I feel fat all the time, which I'm sure is just psychological, but I feel sure I'm gaining weight every day that I allow myself to enjoy eating!

Oh, and I personally love that burn in your butt when you do leg lifts. But my preferred aerobic activity is aerobics. Turn up the music and watch me go!
Diana the Hun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:02 PM   #349  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Talking

I think this is a personal decision. For me. I usually pick the thing that I actually want, most times this is the healthy choice.There are times when I purposely do not pick what I want. This weekend i wanted a pint of ben and jerrys instead I have some oreos. The issue was sweetness didn't matter what the source was and the oreos were just enough to get ride of the feeling and i didn't feel deprived.

Not sure if it helped, but I say pick what you want, just stick to the basic idea of stopping when your satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana the Hun View Post
Hi All,
Just wanted to ask you guys a quick question.

Some of you are more experienced at IE than others, and I was wanting to know.. How do you stop that internal dialogue every time you decide to eat something? I've been trying to honour my hunger signals for the past few days, and I find I'm still so anxious about what I truly feel like eating. Should I go for this, it's lower in fat, yeah but that's full of carbs, etc, etc...

It defeats the purpose to worry like that, but I can't seem to snap out of the diet mentality. And then I feel fat all the time, which I'm sure is just psychological, but I feel sure I'm gaining weight every day that I allow myself to enjoy eating!

Oh, and I personally love that burn in your butt when you do leg lifts. But my preferred aerobic activity is aerobics. Turn up the music and watch me go!
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:08 AM   #350  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidianbbw View Post
Not sure if it helped, but I say pick what you want, just stick to the basic idea of stopping when your satisfied.
Thanks Obie!
That last sentence really resonated with me. That should be my focus - Eat what I truly want (still need to figure out which internal voice is the one I'm meant to listen to!), just stop when I feel satisfied.... NOT stuffed... that's going to be a toughie...
Old 04-30-2007, 09:10 AM   #351  
Intuituve Eater

Talking

Quick post, made my 800 exercise goal, can feel the inches going down, rather amazing. Not weighing myself until the 15th of the month, so putting the scale under my bed since I've been a little obsessed with it of late.

I think IE has become more second nature, went to dinner, had an appetizer i didn't finish, had 3/4 of dinner and took the home with the appetizer. I didn't ask myself over and over again was I hungry I kind of just decided ok I'm done. When I finished dinner i was satisfied and since I had my binge from a week ago, no desire what so ever to order anything else. I mentioned the Oreo story. They are sitting on the fridge. No desire to eat them so we'll see what happens with them.

tried on more clothes that I haven't been able to in the last 3-10 years (big gap I know) and haven't hit anything I couldn't put on. My ex laughed because there was one dress I kept twirling around in because not only could I get into it, it was loose.

Ok off to wash off workout sweat.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:57 AM   #352  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Well done for you Obi
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:26 AM   #353  
New mom, aspiring DVM

S/C/G: 280/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Diana - I think Obie summed it up pretty well: the right thing to eat is what you're hungry for. It definitely takes a while to learn to cope with the "little voice" that questions calories or fat or nutrition or whatever, especially after years of "I shouldn't/should eat that" mentality. Give yourself some time and give yourself credit when you move in the right direction - it's easy to miss the small accomplishments and feel like you're never going to change.

Speaking of not changing.... does anyone else here ever feel like going back into "diet mode" for a short time... "just 'til I lose a few pounds" or whatever? I'm starting to get impatient to lose weight, even though I know I'm losing slowly and I'm SO much better mentally and physically than I was 6 months ago - it's hard to not get tempted when I see dieters around me losing weight at a rapid pace.

Even though I know it's likely to be a "quick fix", even though I know that I respond to deprivation by overeating after a while, even though I know I'd likely gain the weight back..... I still get tempted sometimes to start cutting my calories and limit my food. Anyone else do this? Any advice?
Rock Chalk Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:56 AM   #354  
aka Superwoman!

Hello! One for "diet mode" over here...

Man I've had such a cwap weekend that I thought about it today after eating lots more... Usually the feeling passes, because I think "tomorrow I'll diet..." But today I said, "Today, this instant, I will start honouring my hunger again."

So FWIW - diets start "tomorrow" IE starts, RIGHT NOW
Old 04-30-2007, 12:04 PM   #355  
Intuituve Eater

Red face

I was thinking about that. I have been at 321 for about 2 + weeks, not a long time, but kind of feeling stalled and was wondering if I tried strict calorie counting would it push me lower. I realized it was my bumps in the road over the last 2 weeks that have kept me bouncing around 321 so going to try strict IE till the 15th and see how i feel about it then. So 15 days of no bumps is really my goal. I just have no desire to count EVERYTHING and force myself not to eat somethings.

Anyway, not sure if that helped, but there it is..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk Chick View Post

Speaking of not changing.... does anyone else here ever feel like going back into "diet mode" for a short time... "just 'til I lose a few pounds" or whatever? I'm starting to get impatient to lose weight, even though I know I'm losing slowly and I'm SO much better mentally and physically than I was 6 months ago - it's hard to not get tempted when I see dieters around me losing weight at a rapid pace.

Even though I know it's likely to be a "quick fix", even though I know that I respond to deprivation by overeating after a while, even though I know I'd likely gain the weight back..... I still get tempted sometimes to start cutting my calories and limit my food. Anyone else do this? Any advice?

Last edited by Obsidianbbw; 04-30-2007 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:17 AM   #356  
aka Superwoman!

Well I seem to be straightening out my 3 days of binging.

I had a lovely breakfast of scrambled eggs on lovely toast, and a small snack of Ritz crackers and strawberries!

Hopefully I'm off to the gym at lunch - I mainly seem to be working on stretching, but I will throw in some heavy weights too!
Old 05-01-2007, 06:45 AM   #357  

Rock Talk Chick, thanks for the advice, I'll really try to focus on what I feel like eating, not what I'm "supposed" to be eating.

Even as I get myself into the swing of IE, I find myself thinking (pretty much every day) that I would be better off dieting. I just came out of Jenny Craig a few weeks ago, having dipped into some terribly low moods. I simply didn't have the emotional strength to maintain that way of eating. Every time I think about starting a diet again I'm filled with anxiety and it stops me in my tracks. It only renews my commitment to eat like a thin person, not like an overweight person trying to get thin.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:23 AM   #358  
Intuituve Eater

Talking

Diana-I was thinking I don't think of myself as a calorie counter but I like to know I am under 2000 in a given day. Could you make your own plan something that combined IE and calorie counting? a hybrid?

Ok, since I seem to have the eating when I an satisfied thing sort of down, working on only eating when I'm hungry which hasn't gone completely out the window, but I haven't been completely honest about either.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:55 AM   #359  
Intuituve Eater

Question

I found the website through a post on here. Just found it interesting. She found a way that worked for her.

http://nrx101270.googlepages.com/home
Old 05-01-2007, 01:15 PM   #360  
Tallahasss

Hi everyone,
I've been struggling with the IE! I keep telling myself this is a learning process and I just need to be patient. Which is the truth, can't become a different person overnight. I'm counting each time I eat because of physical hunger as a victory.

On a really, really fabulous note: physical therapy is going great! I'm not having back or leg pain now and the therapist has ok'd squats and lunges. Yay! I can't wait to workout tonight!

I hope y'all have a great day!
ulapie is offline   Reply With Quote