Old 04-08-2007, 08:44 PM   #241  

Well, I weighed myself today. I was getting our scale out for something else and I looked at it for a while, and got on it.

It isn't good. I think I've been at the same weight since I started this, what, two years ago? Year and a half?

I know I haven't been doing the right things. I need to not use this as a license to do whatever. Not that I have done that all the time, but I guess enough to maintain this weight and not lose.

So perhaps I need to do a periodic weighing to keep on track. How often does everyone weigh here?

I suppose I should put it in my sig as well. Maybe.
Wiffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:52 AM   #242  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Red face

I started out weighing once a month, than twice a month and now once every 2 weeks. The reason for increases were to see what happened before and after the TOM and if I was doing something wrong looking at the scale usually helped me stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiffle View Post
Well, I weighed myself today. I was getting our scale out for something else and I looked at it for a while, and got on it.

It isn't good. I think I've been at the same weight since I started this, what, two years ago? Year and a half?

I know I haven't been doing the right things. I need to not use this as a license to do whatever. Not that I have done that all the time, but I guess enough to maintain this weight and not lose.

So perhaps I need to do a periodic weighing to keep on track. How often does everyone weigh here?

I suppose I should put it in my sig as well. Maybe.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:33 AM   #243  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I'm getting back on track since Easter has ended. I was reading a book about intuitive eating in Indigo and it had the different types of eaters listed at the beginning. Somehow I'm a mix of a few! I'm staying positive and will reach my goal! I hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to say hello.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:54 AM   #244  
Tallahasss

Hi there!
I'm so glad I found this! I've lost almost 60 pounds in the past year by counting calories, exercising and recording everything in Fitday. I was getting sick of being hungry all the time and noticed this book, "Intuitive Eating" on my shelf. I don't even know how it got there! I've bought a lot of diet books over the years, so it must have seemed like a good idea at some time.

Anyhoo, I finished reading it and have started trying to listen to my body's cues. It's been interesting! It's very difficult for me not to count calories after doing it for so long and to really just *feel* if I need to eat or not. It's almost impossible to tell if I'm hungry most the time or when I'm actually full. I'm so used to only eating if I'm starving or because I planned ahead to have x amount of calories at a given time.

Wow, I'm really glad I found a group of folks doing this! I had a friend I was counting calories with and I think it's one reason I was able to stick with it for so long. I was able to read through this thread today since I'm home with a bad cold. You all seem like a really cool group of people!

A little about me: I'm 27, from Seattle and have an office job. I've become kind of a fitness nut, but have had some injuries the past month, so I can't exercise outside of physical therapy. I'm really scared of regaining weight because I can't exercise and now I'm eating whatever I want. Unchartered territory!

Well, thanks for reading all this and I look forward to posting here, getting to know you all, etc. And using all these nifty little smileys!

Theresa
ulapie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:24 AM   #245  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello all! Had a good couple of IE days and a bad couple of IE days. But I think it will all balance out. The bad ones were because I was just so exhausted. We were travelling over the long bank holiday weekend and that just always tires me out. I think once I get back into the groove I'll be fine. I've got some of my Easter chocolate with me at work, so I don't risk going back into "diet" mode.

My jeans still fit, so it's all good.

Whoever asked about weighing - I just don't anymore. If I feel good, look good then that's all that matters.

I had a couple of depressing moments with clothes shopping over the weekend. I tried on this FAB dress in green jersey and it was cut really well for me, it had a funky back but it was about 1/2" too small They didn't DO a bigger size. I think the old me would've bought it and said, "I'll lose weight to get into it" but the new me thinks it isn't worth wasting the money because there's always plenty of clothes around that DO fit.

Then we went to Gap yesterday and I tried on some trousers and they were all too small. I tried on a size bigger than usual too! So in Gap I am a UK 18, but then we went to another shop and I bought shorts, jeans, vest and dress in my usual size and they are all a little baggy. So in that shop I am a UK 14 How's a girl supposed to feel good about herself when in one shop you're bigger than their biggest size, in the next you're 2 sizes bigger than usual, but in another your usual size is just a little bit big.

2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:21 PM   #246  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Welcome ulapie!

2Fru – I have given up on trying to figure out clothing sizes. Each manufacturer seems to have their own individual guidelines. Makes me wonder what’s the point of having sizes at all?

I’m starting to weigh every day again. It’s safe for me to do because I don’t tend to obsess or freak out at the little fluctuations. Like today I weigh 2 pounds more than I did last Friday, but I know that’s due to all the high sodium food I ate yesterday and it’ll be back down after a couple days of eating my usual healthy foods and drinking plenty of water. It just helps me keep things in perspective, without that little check-in every morning it’s too easy for me to head into denial and eat whatever and as much as I possibly can.

Back on track today. Need to buy some groceries.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:06 PM   #247  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Today I only ate half of what i brought for my lunch and then just ate the second half a couple hours later! I was happy with that choice since i was satisfied with the first half at the time. I'm trying really hard to eat more small meals throughout the day. Last night I couldn't eat for a while and ended up eating past my full point when I was able to get to my kitchen. not good. Today is a new day though and I'm paying attention to my own hunger.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:50 PM   #248  
Intuituve Eater

Talking

Well I finally have internet back at home. It would only be on from 12am - 6am and since my sleep clock was off I would be up, LOL. Funny thing I've been sick for about a week and missed three work out days. I will say that IE kept me from trying to get in a workout sick. Felt like my body needed to rest. I finally for in an hour today and don't feel any worse for it.

My weird eating kept up. I have been eating a foot long subway sandwich and either apple or orange juice and thats pretty much it all day. I was curious so I got on the scale and its down. So seems to be ok. Back to work tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:37 PM   #249  
Tallahasss

Hi y'all!
Well, I've been eating really unhealthy food today, but it's part of the adjustment, right? Did you all go through days at the beginning when you just ate a lot of nutritionally devoid food?? I'm only eating when I'm hungry and I'm not stuffing myself, so I guess I'm on the right track.

Obie, I'm sick too and I haven't wanted much food. Nothing really sounds good. When I do want something, it's been sweets. I went out and bought Top Ramen too! I think it's cause it's soup, it sounds good when you're ill. And it takes 3 minutes, which fits the bill when you're low energy.

Shananigans, I like to weigh myself every day too but I'm wondering if I should give that up. The IE book says to get rid of your scale because it's all part of the diet mentality. I don't want to give it up though! I feel like the scale motivates me to drink plenty of water, exercise and eat right. "Eating right" now means only when I'm hungry, so I don't think it's such a bad thing.

Theresa
ulapie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:37 PM   #250  

Hi and welcome, ulape!

Wow, you are abandoning the Fitday and calories, and I am just starting it.

I am not going to obsess over calories, but if I want to be in better shape I think I need to get a handle on what I am doing. I don't want to stay at this weight forever. So I packed my lunch for tomorrow with more than what I would normally eat, plugged it all into Fitday and whatever I don't eat I can just subtract back out when I get home.

Been going to Curves four days a week. I haven't been obsessing over that either but I really like it. I see the same faces there almost everyday. One girl is quite an inspiration and all she has been doing is Curves.

I don't feel I have a lot of writing in me. I'm tired and I don't feel that great.
Wiffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:49 AM   #251  
Intuituve Eater

Talking

ulapie- When I first started IE I was obsessed with the idea of eating hamburgers. As soon as I realized I could have anything the feeling wore off. Eventually you'll get used to it. Also I read the overfed head and one thing that really stayed with me was he didn't have a FAQ section about his "diet" because only your body can tell you want it needs. I think the same goes for how often you weight yourself and how often you exercise. Also as you progress you'll change and adapt. So basically do whatever works for you.

Wiffle-hope you're feeling better

I am ok, not healthy but functional enough to go back to work. Hope everyone else 2frus, spiny, fiddler Cinn, and anyone else I forgot is doing ok.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:17 AM   #252  
aka Superwoman!

Hello!

Had a really odd day yesterday - felt an odd burning in my throat like hunger. I ate TONS and wasn't really satisfied but had to leave work. Then I went kickboxing and after that I came home and wasn't at all hungry for dinner. In fact I was getting a bit hungry at about 11pm. It was very very odd!

Today I've had breakfast and I'm still hungry, but I am defragging the comp and doing some stuff. I have a meeting at 10am, so I will take a load of food into it and munch away happily! My meetings are so boring that concentrating on the taste of my food will be easy!
Old 04-11-2007, 07:52 AM   #253  
aka Superwoman!

I took a tea-plate full of bread and butter, cheese and an apple into my meeting. They all laughed at me, so I just said, "Breakfast was a long time ago." It was delicious though and now it's lunchtime I'm not really that hungry, especially since I ate an apple and some pecans and cranberries about half an hour ago.

Feeling good. Am re-reading Beyond Chocolate for about the 5th time. I carry it with me everywhere and read it all the time. It's so uplifting
Old 04-11-2007, 11:19 AM   #254