Old 04-16-2007, 09:22 PM   #286  

Hi everybody, I am trying the IE approach, because all the other 'rules' made me obsessive and lead me to binges!
Hi everyone, I will be visiting often
carolva77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:41 PM   #287  

Welcome, Carol. My name is Carol, too. Good to have you here.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:01 AM   #288  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Obi - thank goodness I've found a Frances Kuffel non-fan too! She's practically GOD over in Maintainers, but I just think she's really not got her head on right at all. I kinda feel sorry for her that she hasn't got her head sorted, and I just feel sad that the OA thing probably won't work the 2nd time round either. JMHO. I read the article and thought, "Yeah. So?" Lots of people over there were really empathising with her and crying over the post... I just can't identify with her at all.

Welcome newbie carol!

Sooooo I had a non-hungry day yesterday. Which is a shame since I'd made a special dinner, but I just wasn't hungry. However I DID eat it because I'd spent loads of time making it and DH had helped and I really did need some food, but it was probably a little bit of head stress making me not want to eat. I only ate a small piece of dinner, so I'm not too worried at all. However DH really liked what we made and had 2 big servings! Then he's lying in bed groaning about how much he ate And I'm lying there feeling all smug, and I said, "Don't worry, we all overeat sometimes..." In my best I'm-not-patronising-you voice

Anyway, so I've got leftovers for lunch! YAY!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:17 AM   #289  

Hello Carol. I am trying to stop dieting and change my whole mentality when it comes to food. Eat more balanced but also balance my life....
Old 04-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #290  
Tallahasss

Hi everyone!
The calorie counting is going well. I'm giving myself a much bigger range, so it seems a little less insane than when I was doing it before. I'm continuing to listen to my hunger to decide when to eat and when to stop. I went kind of crazy at Mc D's yesterday though... I don't know if it's because I'm dieting now or if it was an emotional episode. I think I'm going to read the Karen Koenig book that Rock Chalk recommended. She also has a workbook with exercises about emotional eating that I want to pick up.

I remember reading in Inuitive Eating that there are a few times when you should eat even though you aren't hungry. One of those times is breakfast (other times were while sick or if you won't have time later to eat). I was wondering, do you all eat breakfast even if you aren't hungry? How much do you eat?

I hope you're all well!

Theresa
ulapie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:09 PM   #291  
Tallahasss

Oh! I'm down two pounds as of this morning. It might have something to do with drinking 3 liters of water yesterday. I'm far from dehydrated.
ulapie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:15 PM   #292  

I am not expert but I guess, you should eat when hungry
Old 04-17-2007, 07:25 PM   #293  

Congratulations, Theresa, on the weight loss. I've been really hungry today but usually when that happens I am not hungry at night. So it all evens out. I sometimes think I wait to long to eat in the morning only because I have some breathing exercises that I do on an empty stomach. I have a chronic lung disease and they just seem to make me feel better. Carol, I think you should eat when hungry, too. 2frus, I had never heard of that lady you were writing about and I have read a lot of diet books.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:00 PM   #294  

Today I was reading a thread about "your most unusual weight loss tip" and found this one interesting.

Two things for me:

1) If I think I'm hungry, I ask myself what exactly am I hungry for?
-activity, something to chew on, veggies, solid protein, just a little fat, water, something liquid but not water, something sweet, real chocolate? These are all valid answers, with healthy solutions. Typical solutions (in order):
-playing piano, chewing gum, huge salad, leftover roast, 3 almonds, water, chai raspberry-leaf tea, apple, (70% cocoa solids) chocolate square.

I allow myself the one item. If I'm not satisfied afterward, then I need to do better analysis next time, and not eat something else (-unless it's meal/ snack time). This way, I try to learn my real needs.

2) I know that pretty much all animals testable seem to live 50% longer than normal, and don't seem to get the typical diseases of aging, if they eat about 30% less than they would normally feed themselves. Lately a large-sample, well-rated study came out which confirms this for humans, too!

So now I'm trying to move toward "what will be just enough?" to replace "what makes me feel comfortably well fed?" My grandparents used to say, "Push away from the table, BEFORE you feel done!" They lived long, very healthy lives.... Now, I understand!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:12 PM   #295  

Today I felt really good when I ate and I also saw some 'forbidden' food in the kitchen and it did not appeal to me at all, I guess because I know I can have it if I want to
Old 04-18-2007, 01:42 AM   #296  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Talking

I eat when I'm hungry and I don't always eat "typical" breakfast foods. I am rarely hungry first thing in the morning so I usually don't eat until almost noon. I wait till I feel hungry then I eat. I'm not ravenous or anything. With IE I have kinda of gotten out of the time to eat mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulapie View Post
Hi everyone!

I remember reading in Inuitive Eating that there are a few times when you should eat even though you aren't hungry. One of those times is breakfast (other times were while sick or if you won't have time later to eat). I was wondering, do you all eat breakfast even if you aren't hungry? How much do you eat?

I hope you're all well!

Theresa
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:10 PM   #297