Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 12:00 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/210/145

Height: 5'4

Hey All,
I had a hard day yesterday. I had to go to the dentist and get a filing which I am scared of the dentist. My appt wasn't till the afternoon so I was nervous all day. I also had pms at the same time. I ate more than I should have yesterday. I feel better today. No pms so far and I survived the dentist. I have one more appt next week and then I am done. I am dying to go to the gym tonight. I never thought those words would come out of my mouth. Sounds like ya'll are both doing great. I told my hubby that I think most women deal with being overweight because they have to deal with pms unlike men.
Shrink,
My hubby is in the navy and we are stationed here. We got here in March and lived in a lodge till May. We love it here. The people are great and there is allot to do.
Vicki
Old 07-22-2005, 03:59 PM   #17  

Default You All Are Doing Great!!!

I was just wondering if you all are following a plan or what?
I am trying to get back on the ww. program!! Today has been my first day...
It has went pretty well since "TOM" made a surprize visit!!!!
Keep up the good work!!
Thanks Amy

Last edited by AMYC; 07-22-2005 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:13 AM   #18  
Holly

hey guys...my internet has been down the last couple of days, so i haven't been able to post.
vicki - i'm glad you are getting excited aboutthe gym. i can remember days of yore when i was excited to work out. i hope they will come for me soon. (melanie has been pumped up for tae bo ever since she started though, i think )
i have a buddy on here who has started something i really like. she challenges me to things for the day or for the week. it is a big motivator esp when i think that she is meeting her part of the challenge. what do you guys think about finding some small thing we struggle with and making it a challenge?

vicki - i thought you must be a military wife...my hubby was in the marine corps. we were in north carolina for nearly the whole four years. (we went out to cali for 3 months near the beginning) he thought he was going to get orders for okinawa, but he managed to trade since i wouldn't have been able to go with him (it was only a year tour). so we stayed in jacksonville the whole time. we liked it though.

amy - i am doing a combo richard simmon's food mover and ww. it's a food pyramid based exchange plan...and i allow myself to save up exchanges for things. (like i'll eat one less starch everyday for a week because i know my anniversary is friday) works well for me. i lost 50lbs with it before i got pregnant. we'll see if it works again.

well, i have been doing good with my diet since i last posted. i am sticking to it, and even *gasp* excercizing a little...and i am down to 160 again...this is one of those trouble weights for me...if i can just get down into the 150's i can keep going...
Old 07-24-2005, 07:03 PM   #19  

Weigh in day for me. I am down one. It is a big one. I am no longer 200 pds. 199 sounds good but I can't wait to hear 189.
I would love for us to set up a challenge. I am gonna go to the gym 5 nights this week.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:47 PM   #20  
The one called Physh

Default May I join the challenge?

Hi,
I just came across your thread while looking for a short term challenge. My husband is OOT for 3 weeks and thought it is a perfect time to start-again. My husband and I recently started the SBD and did great up until the last week. Things just got busy and I got lazy. So I am up a bit now. If I can commit to this week, then next week, then the week after. . . .

Vicki-how long have you been in Okinawa? I am in Sasebo. My girlfriend and I took a mini vacation to Okinawa a few months ago. Have you been to the mainland proper?
Old 07-24-2005, 08:14 PM   #21  

Hey 1nceagain,
Sure you can join. I would love to have someone on at the same time. I haven't been to mainland yet but my hubby was there for 3 weeks for work. I will go next time. We have only been here since March but I love it so far. So, did you like Okinawa?
Glad to here you are back on so to speak. About 7 weeks ago my hubby and I made a decision to go to the gym 5 nights a week and to change the type of food we buy. I wasn't feeling good and my doctor was upset with my labs. The gym has been the key for me. It is a must or I will have horrible cravings. Well, I am off to Japanese class. Chat with you soon.
Vicki
Old 07-24-2005, 09:21 PM   #22  
The one called Physh

Talking Interesting!

Ohio Gozaimasu!
Yes, It would be great to have someone on the same timezone!
We are on a similar path. . .
Yes, I enjoyed Okinawa. A bit different than here though. Do you live on base? I have been here a year this month. I enjoy it very much. Are you enjoying your Japanese class? I took 101 through the Univ.of MD on base. I know enough to get around, shop, etc. . .would like to take level 2 but am not happy with the instructor. I try to study on my own, but I need motivation and a study partner.

My husband is in CA getting his annual qualifications checked off. So I am going to try to take advantage of just having the time to focus on myself. Sounds selfish-but If I feel better about myself I will be happier-then he will be happier. He is great anyway. Doing good on his diet and goes to the gym M-F. I go with most days, but need to really be more consistant.

So, I will join you on your challenge. I will go to the gym 5 times this week!
I am also doing a 21 day challenge-Sticking to the SBD.

It's a perfect day to start. It's Monday and I started my "." today, so I should weigh less by the end of the week anyway!

Is anyone else doing this challenge?
Old 07-24-2005, 09:35 PM   #23  
Holly

oooh....work out everyday....ok...if you guys can do it, so can i!

i don't have a gym anymore since hubby got out of the marines...so i will do a workout tape...at least an hour a day.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:58 PM   #24  

Default simmon's food mover

"Quote" amy - i am doing a combo richard simmon's food mover and ww. it's a food pyramid based exchange plan...and i allow myself to save up exchanges for things. (like i'll eat one less starch everyday for a week because i know my anniversary is friday) works well for me. i lost 50lbs with it before i got pregnant. we'll see if it works again.

So can you tell me how this works along with ww?? Sounds like you had wonderful success before......
Tomorrow is getting back to the gym 4-5 x's per week. Although I am going to Dollywood tomorrow(theme park).So I will be wearing my pedometer to see if I will still need a work out after that!!!!
Keep up the good work!
Amy
Old 07-25-2005, 03:13 AM   #25  
Holly

amy,

well, the food mover doesn't really work *with* ww, i just used some of the concepts from ww. if you're doing ww and you have, say 25 points a day, you can eat 22 points a day to save up to go out for dinner and eat vast amounts of food, or to go to a social event or buffet, or have drinks or whatever you want to do that most diets would call a no-no...the food mover has food exchanges. i have this little card that has pictures of foods (like a little bowl of cereal for a carb or a drumstick for a protein). for my calorie plan (1400 cals), i have 5 carbs, 5 proteins, 2 fruits, 5 veggies, and 2 fats allotted per day. i have a wedding to go to next weekend where i will more than likely eat some cake - with icing. so i will eat one less starch and one less fat every day this week so that i won't really go over my calories. it's not something that's in the diet plan, i just liked that about ww, so i found a wayto incorporate it into the food mover. food mover works for me because it helps me to see how to budget my food. if i eat all my carbs in the beginning of the day, i crash at the end. if i save all of them, i crash before i get to the end...it's kindof like budgeting my food. i don't do well on ww because i am very visual. food mover has the little pics, and i can see at a glance what i have left to eat so i can plan my next meal. when i did the diet before, i stopped carrying around the little card after a while, and just remembered...it was a lifestyle change, and i honestly believe i would still be in those size four pants if i had not gotten pregnant. (or if i had retained even a shred of common sense about "eating for two" - lol)
I hope that explains a little better...
so you're going to dollywood? i have only been there once about 12 years ago, but i love gatlinburg/pigeon forge/cherokee...we used to go there all the time growing up, and my hubby and i have been several times as well. hmm...i'm remembering the fresh apple cider and apple chips at dollywood...(a sure sign that it's late and i need to go to bed before i eat something!!!) anyway, have a good time on your vacation!
Old 07-25-2005, 07:22 AM   #26  
The one called Physh

Thumbs up I know it's till today. . .

. . but I get to check it off my list cause I just got back from the gym! Did 65 minutes on the elliptical! Only 4 more days to go!!!!!

Amy-Where is Dollywood? Is it in Branson? I know you will get your walking in for sure.

Holly-What was your weapon of choice? Did you do the workout tape?

Vicki-how was Japanese class? What are you studying right now and what text books are you using? I need to start again-what excuse do I have?

I kind of made my own "food-mover" cards for SBD. I just put each thing on small index cards and use them the same way. I am very visual as well. A chronic list maker. I need to write everything down so I can have the satisfaction of checking it off!

day #1!
Old 07-25-2005, 07:35 AM   #27  

Hey all,
I am one down also. I went 40 min on the treadmill and 20 on the bike.
1nce,
I am almost finished with 101. I am taking it at the highschool. There are teenagers and a few older people. I am going to start level 2 soon. Tomorrow is our last day and we have a field trip. I love the instructor, she is so great. So, what kind of work do you do in Sasebo? I was the admin asst. at the O'club in the states. They do not pay well here. I have a friend who is a bus monitor for 12.50 an hr tax free. I hope ya;ll have the nice buses we have here so you know what I am talking about. I wondered why there was well dressed monitors on the bus.
Dollywood is right near where my bestfriend lives. She is in Knoxville Tenn.
Hope everyone else is doing great.
Vicki
Old 07-25-2005, 07:03 PM   #28  
The one called Physh

Thumbs up Day 2-Check!

Morning/Evening everyone!
Another day checked off! It is 7:30am and I am already done with my work-out for today. I usually do the elliptical but they were all full so I used the Precore machine. Similar but seems to be harder on my back. I pushed through another 65 minutes though. Looks like there is a storm headed our way. I need to check the weather. I get out of the loop sometimes as we don't have english television in our apartment.

Vicki-I know how you feel about the job situation. I am an Xray tech but can't work here. So I decided to teach english. I teach little ones after school very part time. Pay is great and it doesn't feel like a job. congrats on getting that first day under your belt!!!

Holli-I like your "budgeting" system. It has only been recently that I have understood just how linked my energy level is to what and when I eat. I think I definately feel better when I space out my carbs and try to combine them with a protein. Maybe age has something to do with it, but anymore, if I eat a candy bar or cinnamon roll or something like that, I just skip the sugar high and go right to the bottom. I physically need to lie down sometimes. So when I do eat simple carbs I can only tolerate small portions. Why did it take me so long to learn this-ugh!

Amy- how was Dollywood? How many steps did you get in? I bet you are exausted.

Hope everyone is great!
day 1 day 2
Old 07-25-2005, 07:18 PM   #29  
Holly

well, yesterday (sunday) i dind't work out all day, and it nagged at me. i had been doing some heavy cleaning (mucking out closets, running things up and down from the attic), but wanted to actually sit down with a tape or my gazelle...
so at 2am, i was about to get into bed, and said....no. if they can do it, i can do it.
and i did!!
i hate hate hate excercise, but i got on my gazelle for 15 minutes and then did 20 situps and 5 push ups. not the biggest thing i could have done and i will do better today. but i did it. and it's that psychological thing...
so i have not lost any more weight. it's that stupid 160lbs. i can't get past it. that means i HAVE to exercise...
you guys are already such a source of motivation for me...my hubby came into our bedroom about five minutes after i did, and was like, "uh...what are you doing? you do realize what time it is?" lol
but...note to self...there is a reason why normal ppl don't work out late at night...we can't go to sleep afterwards!!!
anyway, great going everyone!! we're getting there!!
Old 07-25-2005, 10:14 PM   #30  

1nceagain- Dollywood is in Tennessee!!!

I am totally worn out, today was the HOTTEST day of the summer and I was at a theme park!! So yeah, I wore the pedometer...can you say 11,500 steps today.(Dollywood only) I thought I would skip the gym tonight cause if you add in the extreme heat I had to burn a few more cals there!!!!

Hope you all have done well today, I am gonna chill out and get ready for tomorrow!! Good night all!
Amy

Last edited by AMYC; 07-25-2005 at 10:16 PM.
Closed Thread