Old 02-25-2016, 05:14 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiWi View Post
Linda Cool!!!

Feeling kinda' gloomy today. Most likely due to the rainy, dark day. One of those days I'm glad I'm on IP because in the past I'd get some candy from the convenience store downstairs and eat away! But at least on IP I can't do that sort of stuff. It scares me though for maintenance, but I will have to change so that's that. On a positive note, I am going to the hairdresser for the very first time in a year, which is a really long time for me. He hasn't seen me since the very beginning of IP last year, so I can't wait to show him the new me!

Wishing everyone a happy hump day. I am going to save this since I have attempted to post three or four times in the past week and had it all erased.
CONGRATULATIONS on showing such great willpower!! I hope that you are very proud of yourself!! How did the hairdresser go? Did you do anything dramatic? Sometimes it is great fun just to throw caution to the wind and go for it. I am thinking of doing one of those little shocks of color in the back underneath-perhaps a hot pink- (my color) but at 51-almost 52 - maybe I am a little too old to do that? ODG- I can't believe I have finally started to think like that... and oh how I feel your pain- I hate what they haave done to this site...I even messages the admin (at least I think she is the admin) about the problem. Haven't heard anything back- oh well. I hope I remember to copy before I post just in case- but the storm is getting ready to move through so we'll probably lose power and I'll lose it all anyways- oh Lindajean- way to be the positive girl....not...arrgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
Hi everyone...just having a little quiet time this afternoon and taking a few minutes to get caught up with you all. Vacation is great, so nice to be away from winter, and hats and coats and boots and mittens
P4 is OK so far, my weight has been holding steady (Ok, 5 days so far, so I'm not getting cocky ) I've been tracking on MFP and not quite getting that 3:1 carb-fat ratio, especially lunch, even when I consciously add fat, seems that carbs are always higher than I expected. It's harder away from home, for sure, and I don't like to always have my phone out, checking food. Still, whatever I'm doing seems to be OK, so I'm just trying to be reasonable with my choices. And of course, more restaurant meals than we'd have at home. Yesterday was a higher calorie day, so today I'm trying to be lower calorie, more P3-ish than P4-ish.
We're visiting at my sisters all week, then heading over to the Gulf side for a few weeks.
Good to read everyone's news...Beth, that 2lb will be gone, no way it's fat, just sodium and Tom and all that stuff, for sure..... jenny, yay for transitioning, and glad that you're happy with how you look and feel; it'll be interesting to see how your plan goes ...HIS, glad you had a nice trip, sorry you had more pain, but hopefully it will be just that one day...Linda for the bathing suit and leggings NSV ...sorry if I missed anyone.
OK, DH and BIL just got back. Have a nice rest-of-the-week! I'll catch up with you all again when I can!
So glad you had some time to check in. I'll bet you'll make up for the "over" days when you are able to make your own meals- and actually you're probably eating better than you think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdawheel View Post
Happy Hump Day...
Destony - Congrats on the thigh gap and leggings. . (I am not sure I ever owned either of these ) I am glad you enjoyed the Aquazumba, it sounds like fun.

mezmerelda - Welcome to the group. I have found that I seem to do a bit better with some exercise (walking higher distances), when I ran on my cruise I did not see as big of loss (but I was also eating some cheese and sugar free desserts).
HIS - I am happy to hear that you had a nice trip. A salad at a famous restaurant - awesome willpower, you must have brought some with you. Do you have your MRI tomorrow?
Several long days at work for me -- did not get home till 830 last evening (left at 6:30 am). I prepped some meals on Sunday because I anticipated this - so it was nice to grab Jeneva's buritto casserole. I ended up eating an extra packet yesterday due to not bringing supper with me to work -- I was getting hungry and already had 2.5 packets so I ate a packet instead of getting too hungry or eating off plan . DH was so nice to drive me to work today (1 hour drive), he then went to the library to catch up on his reading (then picked me back up). We are making Jimica and steak for supper. I think it will be a vanilla crispy square or mug cake for dessert.

There was a facebook post about spacing out IP foods by 1 hour or 3 hours - do you / did you do this? What about the protein meal and IP foods?

Weigh-in tomorrow. I looked at my lab results on line and my glucose is down to 80 from 90 (would have like to see it lower) Triglycerides are down but LDL and total cholesterol were up. (I guess the doc researched this and believes this is normal for this phase of the diet). I have been colder lately and told my coach this -- she said she can get an order for a thyroid panel if I want. I also read that being cold is a side effect of ketosis. I did a quick search and could not find anything to support this.

NSV - my DH told me I was getting skinny today (far from skinny but it was nice to hear)-- until he said we are going to need to take me somewhere to fatten me up. UGH...

Sue
Thank you and I was always cold- actually still am. I have read that it was a side effect- but also now, it's (so I am told) a side effect of not having all that fat to insulate me. I hope that's the case. I'm not going to worry too much about it. My cholesterol was up too- but yes, with all the meat- my doctor totally expected it. I was told every 4ish hours I should be eating something (P1) and I tried to stick with that- even though my 9AM snack was not something that was "caloric" if you will- usually cukes, 530 breakfast, 9 snack, 11ish lunch, 3 IP snack, dinner 630-7 and then bed not long after was my typical (m-f) schedule - hope this helps?
LOVE dh- what a guy! I'm sure you deserve it!!!!!!! (fatten you up- lol- no way no how- we're 3FC on a mission!!

It's Thursday- I hope that everyone has a great day- I can hear the thunder in the distance so I am going to wrap this up- Take care of you!!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 05:15 AM   #242  

Interesting- I copied- and then hit "post quick reply" it bounced me but when I logged back on, my post was there.....whatevs...so not enjoying the "mechanics" of the site anymore.......
Old 02-25-2016, 07:24 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Destony - weird thing, I could see that you posted on the main screen but could not see your post until I logged in. I too have lost posts so I also try to copy before I post (I am signed in but then it wants me to sign in again).

Sue
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:27 AM   #244  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Linda You are totally not too old to do the pink dye. Bright colors are the in thing right now. Some 20-somethings are dying their hair white! I love hot pink too. I love pink! I got married in a pink wedding dress. I am going to the hairdresser tomorrow. No color. I'm going to do a keratin treatment to smooth out my frizz and a cut. I will go back in April probably for some highlights.

smda Your DH rocks even if he said he wants to fatten you up! Clearly he loves you no matter what.

I feel better today. We had the most gorgeous rainbow in Central Maryland this morning after all the storms last night. It was nice to see on my way to work this morning. Wishing everyone well.

I am glad I copied my message last time because I would have lost it otherwise.
MiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:56 AM   #245  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Linda, do the pink. Life is short.

Sue, when I was about 15 pounds from goal, my dh got worried about how much more weight I was going to lose and started making comments. I told him I was trying to get to a healthy weight and that I'd stop when I got there. He settled down once he saw I wasn't anorexic.

MRI at 1:30 today. I probably won't be able to get the films until Monday. My follow-up appointment isn't for 2 weeks, but I'm pretty sure I can read the films well enough to see a fracture, if there is one, before my appointment.

I did my two weeks of P1 + fat, and then went off protocol while we were in OK. The P1 eating got my back down a little below my goal weight, and then going back to normal food... I popped right back up to 158. That seems to be the weight my body likes to stay at. With some moderate daily exercise, I can eat most of the things I like, at least occasionally, and stay right around 158, so I think I need to accept that going below 155 just isn't in the cards for me.

No time to get to the pool today - they have limited hours on Thursdays. I'm going to go do a 4-mile walk and then head out for the MRI. Still holding out hope I can run my 10K next Saturday.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:37 PM   #246  
Ready to Reboot!

HIS Wishing you all the luck in the world that you can do the 10K as you would like. Hope the MRI goes well. Is it one of the open ones? I am not bothered by the regular ones, but I hear the open ones are more comfy.

I work in a Medical Center, and one of the doctors in leadership saw me yesterday and said, "Stop losing weight!" Are you kidding me? I will try to take it as a compliment, but seriously, my goal weight isn't even in a normal BMI range...I could lose a lot more, ya know, and not be too thin. I just think it's weird that a physician would say that to me.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:48 PM   #247  

Quote:
Linda You are totally not too old to do the pink dye. Bright colors are the in thing right now. Some 20-somethings are dying their hair white! I love hot pink too. I love pink! I got married in a pink wedding dress. I am going to the hairdresser tomorrow. No color. I'm going to do a keratin treatment to smooth out my frizz and a cut. I will go back in April probably for some highlights.
I feel better today. We had the most gorgeous rainbow in Central Maryland this morning after all the storms last night. It was nice to see on my way to work this morning. Wishing everyone well.
I am glad I copied my message last time because I would have lost it otherwise.
I may have to do it! I don't have another appointment for a while, but....I hope that you enjoyed yours!! I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. Rainbows- there's something about them ☺
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
Linda, do the pink. Life is short.
MRI at 1:30 today. I probably won't be able to get the films until Monday. My follow-up appointment isn't for 2 weeks, but I'm pretty sure I can read the films well enough to see a fracture, if there is one, before my appointment.
I did my two weeks of P1 + fat, and then went off protocol while we were in OK. The P1 eating got my back down a little below my goal weight, and then going back to normal food... I popped right back up to 158. That seems to be the weight my body likes to stay at. With some moderate daily exercise, I can eat most of the things I like, at least occasionally, and stay right around 158, so I think I need to accept that going below 155 just isn't in the cards for me.
No time to get to the pool today - they have limited hours on Thursdays. I'm going to go do a 4-mile walk and then head out for the MRI. Still holding out hope I can run my 10K next Saturday.
Thanks for the Yes vote ☺ I hope that the MRI went well. Maybe that is just your body saying this is where I need to be. I'm sorry you can't make the pool today, but if it's as nice there as it is here today- your 4 miles sounds wonderful!! I do hope you'll be able to do your 10K the way you want to. Fingers, toes and eyes are crossed for you.

Quote:
I work in a Medical Center, and one of the doctors in leadership saw me yesterday and said, "Stop losing weight!" Are you kidding me? I will try to take it as a compliment, but seriously, my goal weight isn't even in a normal BMI range...I could lose a lot more, ya know, and not be too thin. I just think it's weird that a physician would say that to me.
That's one thing that irritated me, people saying you've lost too much weight, or you are too skinny- it drove me nuts!! lol-I suppose there are worse things in life...
Old 02-25-2016, 04:54 PM   #248  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Quick update: they gave me a disk of images right after the appointment. I won't see the ortho doc again until March 7 for an official report, but .... I'm sure it's a stress fracture. There's a big ol' black crack in the bottom of the pelvic bone, right where the pain is centralized, and lots of white inflammation around it.

So that means no running next Saturday, and no running for a few more weeks. I already have a "return to running" plan from the doc, and it's a 4-week program that will slowly get me back to jogging - not running - which I can start once I have no pain at all. From what I've read online, these fractures can take anywhere from 8 weeks to 8 months to heal. I guess I will miss most of the spring racing season.... So I have to give some serious thought to maybe giving up on long distance running (since this is my 3rd stress fracture when I increase mileage), and just stick to 5Ks. I'm also thinking about finding a running coach who can give me some help on stride and form and maybe figure out why I keep having this problem. I did all the other things right: good shoes, slow increase of mileage, not running on concrete, taking plenty of rest days, consuming extra calcium, etc.

Thinking positively - I can still WALK. Something to be thankful for, since so many people can't even do that. And the swimming helps with keeping my fitness level up, so I'm grateful I have access to an indoor pool. My walk today was lovely and my mental health is improved if I can at least get outside to walk, so I just have to focus on what I can do rather than what I can't.

miwi, I think docs are just like the rest of us: they've become culturally accustomed to people being not at normal weight/size. So when you see someone who really is at the mid- or low-end of their recommend weight range, they look too skinny. Just keep on keepin' on.

Last edited by HereIStand; 02-26-2016 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:11 AM   #249  

Quote:
Quick update: they gave me a disk of images right after the appointment. I won't see the ortho doc again until March 7 for an official report, but .... I'm sure it's a stress fracture. There's a big ol' black crack in the bottom of the pelvic bone, right where the pain is centralized, and lots of white inflammation around it.

So that means no running next Saturday, and no running for a few more weeks. I already have a "return to running" plan from the doc, and it's a 4-week program that will slowly get me back to jogging - not running - which I can start once I have no pain at all. From what I've read online, these fractures can take anywhere from 8 weeks to 8 months to heal. I guess I will miss most of the spring racing season.... So I have to give some serious thought to maybe giving up on long distance running (since this is my 3rd stress fracture when I increase mileage), and just stick to 5Ks. I'm also thinking about finding a running coach who can give me some help on stride and form and maybe figure out why I keep having this problem. I did all the other things right: good shoes, slow increase of mileage, not running on concrete, taking plenty of rest days, consuming extra calcium, etc.
HIS - I decided to search stress fractures because I don't know much about them. WOW according to this article http://running.competitor.com/2014/0...-runners_94730 the risks of a stress fracture is higher from running. Interesting thought in article about the muscle strength / conditioning as related to stress fractures (but he does not seem to be talking about pelvic fractures).

Last edited by smdawheel; 02-26-2016 at 06:12 AM.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:43 AM   #250  

Happy Friday Everyone -- another quick week.

I have noticed more comments about the diet and my weight from my DH lately. I know he wants me to be healthy, but I do think he is scared a bit too. He is scared that I will regain the weight, he is scared that I might have control of food (I have never had this in our 8.5 years of marriage - I have been known to have hangry episodes). I think he is also scared that I will want to / need to be more active and that he will not be able to be. I have been trying to get him to do some IP as I think losing 20 - 30 # would help his back issues. He looses weight but I am afraid that when he does it he is loosing fat too. It needs to be his decision not mine. He might make the move if I weigh less than he does (I have another 30# to loose to get there).

Another great weigh in and I had to hire a avatar. WOW 50# lost in 15 weeks. I new I would be close when I stepped on the home scale yesterday, but I got it exactly . I am so close to onderland and my initial goal that I can't believe it is real.

DH and I were asked to attend an awards event for work last evening. I wore a dress that I wore on my first valentines date with my husband 11 years ago. (it was one item that was not purged 6 months ago) I was also able to wear my size 12 dress coat and button the buttons.

Interesting conversation at work yesterday. My manager was wondering how much I lost as it was really becoming noticeable. I was happy to share that I had just reached 50#. Both of the ladies I was talking to at the time are thinner, run or work out. The conversation changed to maintenance and how the scale seems to mess with peoples minds. I explained to them that I need to learn to compensate the next day when I have a big meal or a splurge and then said to them that you probably do it naturally. They both shared with me that it is something that they think about each day / week. They both gave me examples of how they were adjusting their eating for a week or day based on what is going on or planned in their life. I did not ask them if this was something they were taught or something they learned. I can say this was not something I ever thought about before IP. In fact 1 splurge meal frequently led to another.

I feel very different about my weight loss this time, I wish I could understand what is different. I am sure that this group has something to do with it, being able to watch my IP friends move into maintenance and learn from your struggles and successes while I am still loosing is very helpful. I also think the posting (really journalling ) helps too. When I did weight watchers -- very few people that were maintaining were around. I also think the numbers of before and after photos are helpful -- If I were just seeing your current photos I would think that each of you has never been fat, or if you were at a ww meeting, I would wonder why you were there.

Sorry for the early morning rambling. I need to go start my husbands coffee and take a shower. Have 1.5 hour commute today as I am going to visit the northern most hospital in our division. DH is going to be my chauffeur again today. I love that he is willing to do this for me. We are looking for a house about 50 minutes north from where I currently live so that I would have a shorter commute -- but it is hard because we spent so much time fixing up our current house.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:48 AM   #251  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Sue: 50 pounds is an amazing accomplishment! I enjoyed reading your early morning rambling. Sometimes that free flow of thought is when we have our "ah ha!" moments.

I've never talked to my thin friends about how they eat, although I've noticed that one of them does little things like she doesn't eat the top of the bun when she has a hamburger. I do know that most thin people don't eat at fast food restaurants, ever. I really packed the weight on when my son was playing hockey at a rink 1 1/2 hours from our home, and we ate at fast food places 4 or 5 nights a week.

At my last appointment with the orthopedist, I asked him about healing time, and he said the pelvis is well supplied with blood and could heal in 6-8 weeks. But then I read on several running forums that people who had HAD stress fractures needed 3- 12 (!) months to be pain free. Gosh, I don't want to think about this taking more than 3-4 months to get better.

I'm also really in a dilemma about my running shoes. I have two pair; both were recommend to me in a running store for my gait and size, and according to everything I read online, the recommendation was accurate. But now I'm wondering if I need shoes with a lot more cushioning. I'd like to not spend another $100+ on shoes, but will do whatever it takes to be able to keep running.

I have to get to the pool today. The weather is beautiful and I'd rather do another 4 mile walk, but that doesn't give me a good cardio workout.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:14 AM   #252  

Quote:

Thinking positively - I can still WALK. Something to be thankful for, since so many people can't even do that. And the swimming helps with keeping my fitness level up, so I'm grateful I have access to an indoor pool. My walk today was lovely and my mental health is improved if I can at least get outside to walk, so I just have to focus on what I can do rather than what I can't.
At least at this point yo have a pretty concrete idea what it is. I am so sorry that it limits what you enjoy most. I'm glad that you have the pool and that you could get out and walk yesterday. It definitely helps my mood - no matter how hard I fight it. You know, maybe with a coach, you might find that you won't have to give up the longer distances. I know nothing about running, but I hope that this is a truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smdawheel View Post
Happy Friday Everyone -- another quick week.

I have noticed more comments about the diet and my weight from my DH lately. I know he wants me to be healthy, but I do think he is scared a bit too. He is scared that I will regain the weight, he is scared that I might have control of food (I have never had this in our 8.5 years of marriage - I have been known to have hangry episodes). I think he is also scared that I will want to / need to be more active and that he will not be able to be. I have been trying to get him to do some IP as I think losing 20 - 30 # would help his back issues. He looses weight but I am afraid that when he does it he is loosing fat too. It needs to be his decision not mine. He might make the move if I weigh less than he does (I have another 30# to loose to get there).

Another great weigh in and I had to hire a avatar. WOW 50# lost in 15 weeks. I new I would be close when I stepped on the home scale yesterday, but I got it exactly . I am so close to onderland and my initial goal that I can't believe it is real.

DH and I were asked to attend an awards event for work last evening. I wore a dress that I wore on my first valentines date with my husband 11 years ago. (it was one item that was not purged 6 months ago) I was also able to wear my size 12 dress coat and button the buttons.

Interesting conversation at work yesterday. My manager was wondering how much I lost as it was really becoming noticeable. I was happy to share that I had just reached 50#. Both of the ladies I was talking to at the time are thinner, run or work out. The conversation changed to maintenance and how the scale seems to mess with peoples minds. I explained to them that I need to learn to compensate the next day when I have a big meal or a splurge and then said to them that you probably do it naturally. They both shared with me that it is something that they think about each day / week. They both gave me examples of how they were adjusting their eating for a week or day based on what is going on or planned in their life. I did not ask them if this was something they were taught or something they learned. I can say this was not something I ever thought about before IP. In fact 1 splurge meal frequently led to another.

I feel very different about my weight loss this time, I wish I could understand what is different. I am sure that this group has something to do with it, being able to watch my IP friends move into maintenance and learn from your struggles and successes while I am still loosing is very helpful. I also think the posting (really journalling ) helps too. When I did weight watchers -- very few people that were maintaining were around. I also think the numbers of before and after photos are helpful -- If I were just seeing your current photos I would think that each of you has never been fat, or if you were at a ww meeting, I would wonder why you were there.

Sorry for the early morning rambling. I need to go start my husbands coffee and take a shower. Have 1.5 hour commute today as I am going to visit the northern most hospital in our division. DH is going to be my chauffeur again today. I love that he is willing to do this for me. We are looking for a house about 50 minutes north from where I currently live so that I would have a shorter commute -- but it is hard because we spent so much time fixing up our current house.
I enjoyed reading your "ramble" I think that it helps - like HIS said- also can create that "aha" moment. It gives lots to think about. I do so wish my DBF would lose some weight. I was so hopeful that he might kind of jump on board with me as I lost. His health is very much impacted by his weight- he - well, that's just a way too big ramble for me to get in to here right now. Congratulations on the BIG 50!!!!! Yaya for you!! I am so happy for you!! I hope that he noticed the dress He's awfully sweet to play chauffer for you!
Last night I went to the Y and since I was early for the 530 Bootcamp class....holy keerap- why didn't anyone warn me- I went upstairs to the treadmills and jumped on one-my phone said I was on week 3 day 2 of C25K so I jumped right in to that- (I haven't done C25K in a couple of weeks) I made it through, walking portions I did at 3.5 and then bumped the run to 5, then 5.5 then eventually 6 towards the last one. So when I finished I still had time to kill so I did week 1 day 1 and alternated 3.5 and 6 for the run. My running friends-does this make sense?? Then on to Boot Camp- holy smokes-what a work out- I'm surprised I'm not starving today....
Old 02-26-2016, 11:59 AM   #253  
Ready to Reboot!

smda Super duper congrats on losing 50!!! That is quite an accomplishment. I love your ramblings. I like to look at what thin/heavy people have in their grocery carts. There usually is a big difference between fresh foods and high fat, middle of the grocery store stuff. My coworker on IP told me her husband has lost 20 lbs since she's been on IP...he isn't! Can you believe that? All that's different for him is that have no carbs at dinner. But he's made tons of comments about her diet and the weight loss. Husbands worry we are changing who we are...which we are. I mean, our old pal frawnie (where is that wonderful lady?) left her marriage after realizing she wasn't happy and the weight was linked to it.

Linda Wow! Your workout sounds amazing. I haven't worked out regularly in YEARS. That's probably another reason I'm on this reboot...not enough activity for maintenance.

HIS Could you possibly get a set of orthotics for the shoes that you have so you don't have to buy another pair of shoes?

Well tonight is the big hairdresser appointment day. I am excited and also scared...I haven't had my hair done in over a year. I'm thinking two months until I try color. Take care of all of you!!!
Old 02-26-2016, 12:34 PM   #254  

Quote:
I like to look at what thin/heavy people have in their grocery carts. There usually is a big difference between fresh foods and high fat, middle of the grocery store stuff. My coworker on IP told me her husband has lost 20 lbs since she's been on IP...he isn't! Can you believe that? All that's different for him is that have no carbs at dinner. But he's made tons of comments about her diet and the weight loss. Husbands worry we are changing who we are...which we are. I mean, our old pal frawnie (where is that wonderful lady?) left her marriage after realizing she wasn't happy and the weight was linked to it.
Linda Wow! Your workout sounds amazing. I haven't worked out regularly in YEARS. That's probably another reason I'm on this reboot...not enough activity for maintenance.
Well tonight is the big hairdresser appointment day. I am excited and also scared...I haven't had my hair done in over a year. I'm thinking two months until I try color. Take care of all of you!!!
I am going to do that tonight when I go shopping. I agree, they must worry a bit - I thought about Frawnie's situation as well. I decided I need to make sure that I exercise because that has been a common denominator with me always putting weight back on. So, I need to find things that I like, love and have variety. Best of luck tonight at the hairdressers- can't wait to hear how it goes!!
For lunch today, I had a cup of peas, 4 oz of chicken and threw a package of IP mac and cheese in- I wasn't sure how hungry I might be...anyhow...I likes the mac and cheese a lot better before...lol
Old 02-27-2016, 08:48 AM   #255  

Hello from Onderland...

I crossed the border this morning and have arrived in Onderland... at least unofficially. Officially may be challenging this week because I don't weigh in first thing in the morning this week.

Destony - Lunch sounds great. The IP mac and cheese is not my favorite, serving size is small and it is restricted, but I do like it every couple of weeks for a change - mixed with 2 cups of broccoli. Sounds like you made the most of your workout yesterday. Running and boot camp - awesome.

MiWi - How did the hair appointment go? Please consider sharing a photo. Was your hairdresser surprised by the changes you made in a year?

HIS - I am learning that it is helpful to ask some questions of my skinny friends. I have always made assumptions that they don't struggle with maintaining their weight and that they were just born with great metabolisms. Re- running shoes - how old are your current shows. The life of the shoe is limited (cant remember the mileage that is recommended). That said, if you try a different shoe with more cushioning you could use them in your rotation for longer runs possibly and still use your older shoes for shorter runs. I have been getting most of mine from road runner sports (they have a 90 day test run available on shoes with the membership). I have had problems with planter facetious which has been much better since I lost weight. I was replacing the insoles with an orthotic (one that you can just buy- superfeet and my husband likes airr orthotic from sofsole) I have to buy him a new pair and the empty box is sitting on my desk and the box states maximum shock absorption (heal and ball) plus an nylon plate for foot alignment.

HIS , MiWi - from my reading it looks like we all work in healthcare.

Beth - how are you doing?

On the long drive back yesterday I decided to talk with my DH about his comments and fears. After that I shared with him my post. I did pretty good on my guesses. Additionally, he is concerned about potential health effects of the diet (when we were visiting his friend who received a liver transplant - I was sharing with his daughter that there were pasta products that are available that are higher in protein (he likes pasta but needs more protein) and the nurse walked into our conversation and made a comments that you need to watch our for high protein diets as they have seen some kidney failure in folks that have used these diets) I corrected her that I was on a normal protein diet . He also is afraid of loose skin. I don't feel that I am seeing much so far (I do have flabby arms). His other items were keeping up with me and having to go on my diet if he can't lose weight.

Lots of comments yesterday at work about my weight loss. (I have not been to this site in 3+weeks). It is interesting that I remember reading "It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for your friends and 12 weeks for the rest of the world. Give it 12 weeks. Don't Quit!"

I have not seen a lot of my family since Christmas, so I wonder what they will think. I hope when my sister-in-law sees me she will ask about the program as I think it would be great for her. She has fibromyalgia and it is hard for her to work out. She also has an apple shape to her body. She used to be so active before the kids (and twin pregnancy). My sis too, but I have already talked with her about it, I think it would be a big life change for her and her husband.

Almost lost this post -- I remembered to copy before posting. UGH