Old 02-22-2016, 12:34 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Alright ladies...I need to be held accountable! I have to get away from the scale before I end up saying "*bleep* it all to *bleep*"
Yup - I have goals and a dress I absolutely must fit into in 4 months...but Jenny is so right on target - that d@mn # is a mind-motherf'er

Especially when you KNOW you are holding yourself accountable...Saturday, I had nachos - even if the entire plate was 2,000 calories, it was split 5 ways and close to 1/2 wasn't even eaten! & I had 1/2 a thai-shrimp flatbread sandwich - it was skimpy, with one little tiny shrimp on each slice & idk what else truthfully, but it wasn't much...mostly bread & what I ate wasn't more than 1,000 calories...and I didn't have lunch.
For the running I did that morning (11 miles), it wasn't even really a splurge (except for not separating carb/fat for that meal)
Regardless, I ate low carb yesterday (under 50 net grams) and the #*%&!#*&@#$%*&#%(@#%* scale was STILL up 2.5 pounds this morning - creeping closer to that "oh sh!t" weight!

Oh - and I don't think its a "waste passage" issue, fwiw...the probiotics have really helped with regularity
Don't I know it!!!

FWIW- I think you are actually dealing with a sodium issue right now. Asian dishes tend to be a lot higher in sodium and nachos are high in sodium too. I say give it a few days and I think you will see a decrease. For me, if I have a very high sodium meal, it usually takes 3-4 full days for it to make it's way out of my system.

OH- and don't forget that your muscles will hold a lot of water after long runs.

Last edited by jennydoodle; 02-22-2016 at 12:35 PM.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:28 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Beth - It sure sounds like you are doing everything that you should be. The struggle that you are going through is what I fear. You have invested a lot of time, energy and emotion into this journey and none of us want to end up back where we started. Thanks again for the information on the clothing. It is reassuring to know that I am not alone. I also was pouring my self into my old clothing (hence the spandex mixed in).

I]You got this, [/I]sodium with water retention and muscle inflammation seems like a reasonable explanation. How has your water consumption been? How are those jeans fitting? How about your measurements? Last time you posted they were going down? Have you been measuring your BF % along the journey if so what is happening in that arena?

MiWi - Is DH with you on this journey too? When you are on your trip, remember to ask for what you need, hold the starch / extra vegetables. For functions you can tell them that you have allergies. Maybe DH employer will help you out with letting the organizer know that you have special needs.

It will be a couple of months before my fresh rhubarb will be ready, I keep forgetting to look for it when I am at the store.

Slightly better day at work, but it is still going to be a long week.

Sue

Last edited by smdawheel; 02-23-2016 at 06:36 AM.
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:33 AM   #228  
Hi!

Hey all. I've been posting in the 2016 thread, but this one seems more active still.

Had another WI yesterday, and I'm disappointed. It's been 2 weeks since my WI (need that periodically due to travel, etc) and I'm only down 1 lb. I'm wondering if it's due to the strength training I'm doing, as I know water can be held in the muscles. My coach said no, but I'm still not sure. I've been 100% on plan, no cheats, etc. I had TOM in that 2 week window, but the issues should be gone by now. I started, w/the coach's blessing, the 21 day fix workouts in there, and I don't think it's a good thing. So I'm dropping that and going back to daily hikes with a periodic DVD workout in there. I'm traveling again next week, so I'll weigh myself at home to see where I am.
mezmerelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:43 AM   #229  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezmerelda View Post
Hey all. I've been posting in the 2016 thread, but this one seems more active still.

Had another WI yesterday, and I'm disappointed. It's been 2 weeks since my WI (need that periodically due to travel, etc) and I'm only down 1 lb. I'm wondering if it's due to the strength training I'm doing, as I know water can be held in the muscles. My coach said no, but I'm still not sure. I've been 100% on plan, no cheats, etc. I had TOM in that 2 week window, but the issues should be gone by now. I started, w/the coach's blessing, the 21 day fix workouts in there, and I don't think it's a good thing. So I'm dropping that and going back to daily hikes with a periodic DVD workout in there. I'm traveling again next week, so I'll weigh myself at home to see where I am.
Welcome! Can you give us some more background on you? How long have you been on IP? How much weight have you lost? Goal? Stuff like that. As for what you've said, I wonder if you are using an extra packet or even a hard boiled egg on days that you are working out? My coworker started adding extra protein on work out days and has had big losses every since. Wishing you well!
MiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:47 AM   #230  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

I'm home and trying to catch up....

Sue, yes, I definitely have 3 weight numbers that are significant. 155 is my desired goal weight, where I'd like to stay. 158 is my cautionary weight. 160 is my FLASHING RED LIGHT weight.

Beth, I'm the same - I definitely do a lot better if I have a goal to work toward, whether it's an running event or a social event. I'm looking forward to seeing a pic of you in your dress. I bet it's beautiful.

I agree with Jenny, your scale is probably reflecting sodium intake. I had a few (maybe 12-15?) corn chips w/ guacamole at our friends' house this weekend, and the next day I could barely get my rings on.

Our little two-day trip was nice. We stayed with friends we hadn't seen in 10 years. They cooked for us, so I wasn't able to eat as well as I do at home, but didn't go too far off the rails. My big splurges were an Arby's jr. sandwich and 5 curly fries while we were on the road on Sunday, and a brownie and a small serving of sherbet on Sunday night. Otherwise I had pretty healthy foods. Didn't get to do any walking, but while we were on campus yesterday I took the stairs between classrooms and offices as often as I could. Unfortunately, that made my pelvis ache so it probably aggravated my injury a little bit. The scale was up 2 pounds this morning but I'm sure some of it is fluid retention. I'll eat extra carefully today - although I plan to have baby shower cake tonight - and tomorrow if necessary.

We went to a restaurant called "Eskimo Joe's" in Stillwater, OK, for lunch yesterday. You may have seen their t-shirts; they're kind of a cultural icon and are seen all over the USA. The restaurant opened in 1975 and I've been wanting to go there for 40 years. LOL. Finally made it, and what did I have? A SALAD. Oh well, the experience and sharing the meal with friends was more important than the food itself.

We're having lots of rain today. I'll hit the pool around 2 pm. I wanted to do a trial jog later this week, but since stair climbing produced a little pain yesterday, I think I'll wait a few more days.

Last edited by HereIStand; 02-23-2016 at 09:48 AM.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:01 AM   #231  
Hi!

I've been on IP since 1/4. I had lost 14 pounds in my first 5 weeks. Started at 192, down to 177, aiming to get to 145 or so. Adding an additional non-restricted packet on workout days, plus having part of my protein right after the workout.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:04 AM   #232  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

So disgusted with whatever they did for maintenance on the site- I typed a bunch of stuff, especially in response to Beth, and forgot that I need to copy it in case the site bounced me- which it did....basically, what everyone else has said about the sodium, water retention in your muscles and clothes fit were things that I had typed also. I also firmly believe that you are building more muscle and we all know that that weighs more than fat. Maybe DH or someone could periodically take your measurements for you? I need to have someone do that for me too. I swore I was only going to get on the scale Monday and either Wednesday or Thursday. Well, that didn't pan out. But, in my defense- I took a killer core class last night- I wanted to see how my body reacted to the intense workout this morning. I am going to make more of an effort to not be the daily weigher. It (the foolish little ounces) is a complete mindf*@ck Beth, I agree with you. I joined the Y last night for 3 months, but looking in retrospect to what IP cost me for the year, I am going to up it to the year. The aquazumba class was great! We had a ball. I also felt like I looked better in the bathing suit than I did back on January 1st for the polarplunge. skin is still very baggy- don't get me wrong- but i felt a little noticeable difference. Glad that you had a good trip HIS- sounds like you had a great time- and very controlled in your eating. I am very sorry to hear that the injury is rearing it's ugly head. Sue, thanks for posting that pdf- I think my "rumble strip" is about 135. BUT, that being said, I think that there is room for negotiation in that weight WHEN/IF muscle builds- does that make sense? I am having that week at work too- I have a ton of stuff for people to review before the season starts and no one has done anything, suddlenly they are going to be "oh sh8$$ers" and I am going to have to attend to them - oh don't get me started. No stress----ooohhhmmmmmm........Sorry I can't remember the other stuff I wanted to respond to...oh, and Sue- I agree- use the food allergy thing- I have done that a couple of times- noting that "we haven't figured the culprits out completely yet, so I have to be super careful" I hope that everyone has a good Tuesday- Hey- has anyone heard anything from FrawnieMae?? I hope she is having the most wonderful adventures!! arrrghhh Good thing I remembered to copy and paste it this time....it bounced me again- HATE THE FIX!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:10 AM   #233  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezmerelda View Post
I've been on IP since 1/4. I had lost 14 pounds in my first 5 weeks. Started at 192, down to 177, aiming to get to 145 or so. Adding an additional non-restricted packet on workout days, plus having part of my protein right after the workout.
Hi mez - Welcome I've been peeking in over on the 2016 starters board and saw your post about the 21 Day Fix workouts - personally, I limited my exercise in P1 to walking - I didn't start running until P3.
The 21 Day Fix is a fairly intense workout, isn't it? Were you exercising intensely prior to IP?
I find this is a YMMV issue - Jenny has done fantastic adding some extra protein and a packet on her workout days - and she does more than walking (CrossFit Jenny? Sorry, I forget ). I've seen other people post that WL has slowed - and building / repairing muscle will definitely cause water retention.
You could also be retaining fluid from traveling - especially if you were eating out a lot.
Also, you are still averaging 2 pounds a week and the average for women is 2 - 3 pounds per week

HIS - happy to read you had a good trip to OK and it sounds like you kept your food choices in check You'll be back down those 2#'s in no time! Do you have a follow up with your ortho soon? I know he gave you a wink*wink about the 10K...you know yourself / your limits but waiting a little longer seems like a wise choice
Also, thank you for the reassurance

Sue - I don't really track my water anymore - but I generally go through 1.5 liters when I'm at work M-F and have a 44oz cup at home I keep full. I never did track measurements - but yes, I can compare side by side pictures an see a difference - and the bioimped. scale at the gym showed I was losing body fat and increasing muscle.

Apparently part of my weight increase / bloating is TOM related *sigh* I really wish I was a bit more regular. I stepped on the scale again today - weight was steady at 151.2 but this is still 3 #'s above my comfort zone...

I did put the scale up though and won't pull it back out until Saturday after my long run - out of sight, out of mind.

& I am wearing my uh-oh jeans today - not as loose as they were & I can tell there is more muffin top, but not uncomfortable. I am drinking decaf tea and am going for a full 2L of water.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 12:27 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
I find this is a YMMV issue - Jenny has done fantastic adding some extra protein and a packet on her workout days - and she does more than walking (CrossFit Jenny? Sorry, I forget ).
Yup! I do Crossfit 5x a week and do hot yoga 1x a week. I workout first thing in the morning (6 am) and usually have (2) hardboiled egg whites pre-workout and a protein shake post-workout. I do not count either of these as any of my IP packets.

I have had great success with working out and IP, but I should preface this with the fact that I have been a regular exerciser for at least 10 years, which was long before I found IP. I had been intensely exercising (running, spin class, crossfit, kickboxing) 5-6x a week for at least 5 years before I discovered IP for the first time.

This may or may not be a game changer.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:15 PM   #235  
Hi!

hysteria_625 - thanks for the feedback. I was exercising intensely before IP, but I stopped leading into it, doing hikes only until last week. I've been a 5+ day a week exerciser since 1991. I think I'll just stick with the hikes until I'm done w/phase 1. I have had dinner out twice in 7 weeks, so it's not that. But I'm going to go back to what I was doing prior to this slow 2 weeks and go from there.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:39 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

NSV I just have to share....in leggings and someone said, OMG- you have a thigh gap!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:56 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
NSV I just have to share....in leggings and someone said, OMG- you have a thigh gap!!

That is FANTASTIC Linda!!!!
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:02 AM   #238  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Linda Cool!!!

Feeling kinda' gloomy today. Most likely due to the rainy, dark day. One of those days I'm glad I'm on IP because in the past I'd get some candy from the convenience store downstairs and eat away! But at least on IP I can't do that sort of stuff. It scares me though for maintenance, but I will have to change so that's that. On a positive note, I am going to the hairdresser for the very first time in a year, which is a really long time for me. He hasn't seen me since the very beginning of IP last year, so I can't wait to show him the new me!

Wishing everyone a happy hump day. I am going to save this since I have attempted to post three or four times in the past week and had it all erased.
MiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 01:25 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Hi everyone...just having a little quiet time this afternoon and taking a few minutes to get caught up with you all. Vacation is great, so nice to be away from winter, and hats and coats and boots and mittens
P4 is OK so far, my weight has been holding steady (Ok, 5 days so far, so I'm not getting cocky ) I've been tracking on MFP and not quite getting that 3:1 carb-fat ratio, especially lunch, even when I consciously add fat, seems that carbs are always higher than I expected. It's harder away from home, for sure, and I don't like to always have my phone out, checking food. Still, whatever I'm doing seems to be OK, so I'm just trying to be reasonable with my choices. And of course, more restaurant meals than we'd have at home. Yesterday was a higher calorie day, so today I'm trying to be lower calorie, more P3-ish than P4-ish.
We're visiting at my sisters all week, then heading over to the Gulf side for a few weeks.
Good to read everyone's news...Beth, that 2lb will be gone, no way it's fat, just sodium and Tom and all that stuff, for sure..... jenny, yay for transitioning, and glad that you're happy with how you look and feel; it'll be interesting to see how your plan goes ...HIS, glad you had a nice trip, sorry you had more pain, but hopefully it will be just that one day...Linda for the bathing suit and leggings NSV ...sorry if I missed anyone.
OK, DH and BIL just got back. Have a nice rest-of-the-week! I'll catch up with you all again when I can!
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 08:14 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Happy Hump Day...
Blue - Glad you made it safely to your destination. Warm weather no mittens sounds fun. Glad to here P4 is going well. Enjoy the time away.

MiWi - I get what your are saying about the candy. The way the last few weeks have gone, I would have eaten a bag or 2, and maybe stopped at walmart for a cupcake too.

Destony - Congrats on the thigh gap and leggings. . (I am not sure I ever owned either of these ) I am glad you enjoyed the Aquazumba, it sounds like fun.

mezmerelda - Welcome to the group. I have found that I seem to do a bit better with some exercise (walking higher distances), when I ran on my cruise I did not see as big of loss (but I was also eating some cheese and sugar free desserts).

Jenny - how is your phase off going?

Beth - TOM - bummer -- at least it is a good explanation for weight gain and uh-oh jeans fit. Congrats on putting the scale away.

HIS - I am happy to hear that you had a nice trip. A salad at a famous restaurant - awesome willpower, you must have brought some with you. Do you have your MRI tomorrow?

Several long days at work for me -- did not get home till 830 last evening (left at 6:30 am). I prepped some meals on Sunday because I anticipated this - so it was nice to grab Jeneva's buritto casserole. I ended up eating an extra packet yesterday due to not bringing supper with me to work -- I was getting hungry and already had 2.5 packets so I ate a packet instead of getting too hungry or eating off plan . DH was so nice to drive me to work today (1 hour drive), he then went to the library to catch up on his reading (then picked me back up). We are making Jimica and steak for supper. I think it will be a vanilla crispy square or mug cake for dessert.

There was a facebook post about spacing out IP foods by 1 hour or 3 hours - do you / did you do this? What about the protein meal and IP foods?

Weigh-in tomorrow. I looked at my lab results on line and my glucose is down to 80 from 90 (would have like to see it lower) Triglycerides are down but LDL and total cholesterol were up. (I guess the doc researched this and believes this is normal for this phase of the diet). I have been colder lately and told my coach this -- she said she can get an order for a thyroid panel if I want. I also read that being cold is a side effect of ketosis. I did a quick search and could not find anything to support this.

NSV - my DH told me I was getting skinny today (far from skinny but it was nice to hear)-- until he said we are going to need to take me somewhere to fatten me up. UGH...

Sue
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote