Old 02-18-2016, 11:50 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
I'm seeing ads too (mostly jenny craig), I just ignore...

low-carb protein wraps I don't know about these. Why don't i know about these Details please

So, second last day of P3, it's gone by fast, and I had so many more breakfasts planned that I haven't had a chance to try But I am so-o-o-o looking forward to P4.
Fantastic job maintaining through P3 Blue!

The low carb protein wraps I use are by FlatOut Bread http://www.flatoutbread.com/protein-up/ - HIS?
Mmmmm - a wrap with some turkey, avocado and dijon

Not sure about your breakfast comment? You know P4 'guidelines' are to continue P3 breakfasts, right? You have the rest of your life to keep trying new breakfasts

Your vacation sounds fantastic! I know you're gonna rock it!

Linda - oh, how I envy a couple ounces I was ready to remove the batteries from my scale yesterday and am still considering it...

ok - so you were still hungry after your afternoon Combat bar - gotcha. Still think it's something to note / watch after P1 splurge day resets. One thing P1 should have taught us was "free veggies" - and this continues into maintenance. I always keep celery and cucumbers around at home and work. & 1T of the PBFit or PB2 is only 20 / 25 calories (if thats your thing...) - I also found a greek yogurt cream cheese (as I complain about dairy products...) at Safeway that is amazing and only 45 calories for 2T

Aqua-Zumba - let us know how that goes...the rec center offers that class - DH was like 'thats ALL you honey'

Sue - hope your WI / labs go well

HIS - glad you like / trust the ortho and sending positive thoughts for the MRI. I hear you on the 10K - get your swag either way, just no PR's

Very happy to read about your successful reboot! One of the base principals of a LCHF / high protein diet is that it naturally suppresses calories b/c fat satiates more than carbs. Also, sorry if I missed it, but are you going to push goal weight down a bit for more wiggle room?

Worked until 10p last night and then this morning woke up to DD11 harking and sniffing...she's come down with ANOTHER upper respiratory, just as DH is finally clearing his, and I can't just avoid her the way I could DH...trying not to jinx myself, but I would be so bummed if something happens 3 weeks out from the RnR 1/2
That said, DH is returning to the doctors today b/c he can't shake the cough. His sinuses are much better, but he's still coughing up a bunch of junk and had a hard time running 3 miles yesterday. I don't hear rattling, he said it doesn't hurt to cough or breathe...but I'm a little worried he's developed walking pneumonia / or slight bronchitis?

I'm not joking about tossing the scale out the window though...or at least removing the batteries. My problem is I know I'm eating ok / better than ok... and feel good until I step on the scale and see numbers I don't want to see anymore and obsess over wtf I could have done wrong, again...

I need to reassess my mental space and find my happy place again...this isn't it
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 01:50 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
But I'm also hesistant to NOT weigh every day, and if not for a week, then see a 3 or 4 lb gain... So where's the balance between obsessing and being too complacent?
My happy place is 2x a week. Sat. morning is my "official" weigh in and what I use and consider as "my weight". I also do a check on Tuesday morning to see where I am at and if there needs to be a reevaluation.

It works for me and it keeps me sane. I am not mentally stable enough to handle weighing every day and seeing normal fluctuations. Unfortunately, I let the number on the scale dictate my mood, regardless of how fabulous I am feeling.

Like today for example, I am feeling really good, my pants are fitting so good, I LOOK skinny and I feel very positive about myself. If I had weighed myself this morning and saw a number that I didn't deem acceptable, I would be sad and upset all day and would feel like a big, fat blimp. It's stupid, when you think about it. But I can't help it.

However, having that one day mid week to check in and see where I am let's me evaluate if I had made any changes, added anything new that may not be agreeing with me and gives me 4 full days to make adjustments before my actual weigh in.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:20 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,
Good weigh in today, another 4# gone. That gives me a new avatar chick. Only 3.8 # to 50# loss and less than 8 to onderland.

I decided to fast till my appointment. Another crazy day at work.

I try to spend one night in the city where I work (versus doing the drive 3 days). My husband came with me so we went out to eat. Rather than eating at Red Robin again we went to a Mongolian BBQ. We asked for an orientation before deciding to eat, and I was able to get a specialty diet sheet. You pick your protein and veggies, then add sauces. They had several flavored broths (garlic and ginger), garlic hot sauce, soy sauce. Then they cooked it for you. It was hard for me to tell how much meat and veggies would weigh. I might have went over a bit.

Sue

Last edited by smdawheel; 02-18-2016 at 11:00 PM.
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:37 AM   #199  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Sue - hope your WI / labs go well

HIS
Very happy to read about your successful reboot! One of the base principals of a LCHF / high protein diet is that it naturally suppresses calories b/c fat satiates more than carbs. Also, sorry if I missed it, but are you going to push goal weight down a bit for more wiggle room?

Worked until 10p last night and then this morning woke up to DD11 harking and sniffing...she's come down with ANOTHER upper respiratory, just as DH is finally clearing his, and I can't just avoid her the way I could DH...trying not to jinx myself, but I would be so bummed if something happens 3 weeks out from the RnR 1/2
That said, DH is returning to the doctors today b/c he can't shake the cough. His sinuses are much better, but he's still coughing up a bunch of junk and had a hard time running 3 miles yesterday. I don't hear rattling, he said it doesn't hurt to cough or breathe...but I'm a little worried he's developed walking pneumonia / or slight bronchitis?

I'm not joking about tossing the scale out the window though...or at least removing the batteries. My problem is I know I'm eating ok / better than ok... and feel good until I step on the scale and see numbers I don't want to see anymore and obsess over wtf I could have done wrong, again...

I need to reassess my mental space and find my happy place again...this isn't it
Yeah, I'm going to try to get lower than my previous goal weight. I don't know how sustainable it will be.... especially when I get back to running. But it's worth a shot. It's weird, I'm actually exercising for more time now (a 3 mile run took 30-ish minutes; swimming and aqua jogging takes 45-50 minutes every day), but I'm not as hungry. Don't know if that's the added dietary fat or if it just feels different swimming vs. running.

How's your DH? That nasty stuff hit my family last week. My daughter missed almost a whole week of work, and DH had it bad enough that I thought he had bronchitis, but he finally turned a corner after about 4 days.

I hope you get it figured out with your scale. No good to start every day mad/frustrated/dismayed over that number. Maybe just a week break from the scale would be helpful? I think you're probably in the same place I was 10 days ago, when the number was scary high and I was just getting SO DANG TIRED of thinking about food and weight. A week away from the scale was like a mini-vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Like today for example, I am feeling really good, my pants are fitting so good, I LOOK skinny and I feel very positive about myself. If I had weighed myself this morning and saw a number that I didn't deem acceptable, I would be sad and upset all day and would feel like a big, fat blimp. It's stupid, when you think about it. But I can't help it.
I never fail to be amazed at how we can be deceived by our thoughts and feelings, in the face of facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smdawheel View Post
Hi all,
Good weigh in today, another 4# gone. That gives me a new avatar chick. Only 3.8 # to 50# loss and less than 8 to onderland.
I don't know about you, but I always found it so gratifying to change my ticker. I love seeing your new chicks.

_____

My schedule for the next 4 days is crazy busy, don't know how much time I'll have to check in. On Saturday I'm sharing hosting duties for a women's brunch for 40 ladies, then clean-up, then exercise if I have time. On Sunday/Monday, DH & I are going to Oklahoma to see some old friends, and DH has been invited to speak at an aeronautical engineering class at OSU on Monday morning. On Tuesday, I have to sew a bunch of burp cloths for a friend's baby shower and give the devotional at the shower that evening, and get my swimming done sometime in-between. And hopefully have an MRI!

Today was the first day in 3 weeks I had no pain at all, all day. Maybe whatever is broken is finally starting to heal.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 06:06 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

And again it did it to me this morning ....if that doesn't just grind.my.gears!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:45 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiWi View Post
So my hubby won a big safety award in construction on one of his big projects, so the company is sending him and ME for FREE to PUERTO RICO for the awards ceremony...just a weekend, but still pretty awesome. Now I am wondering what the heck I am going to do about the diet. Mini phase off and keep the carbs to a minimum while I'm there? Stay Phase 1? Switch to Phase 2 to allow more options? *Sigh*
Awesome trip! Going away is always a problem decision, isn't it? maybe go with the idea of staying P2 if you can, but forgive yourself in advance if you stray, and get right back to P1 after the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
There are a couple of different brands, I believe, but I found Flat Out Light wraps at Walmart. 90 calories, 10 calories from fat, 6 g net carbs, and 9 g of protein. (I think there's also a higher protein version.) Some people just use them for veggie wraps, but I want more protein so I add chicken or tuna. The taste and texture is good and I really feel like I've had a meal when I eat one. You could use them as a breakfast wrap, with eggs, too. There's also an herb flavored one that I'm going to try as a pizza base, just adding sauce and some cheese and meat.
Thanks for that. I was thinking about sandwiches in P4 and the low carb lunch seemed to make that difficult. These sound like a good solution.

Quote:
I did my BF measurements last night. Repeated several times to make sure I was getting consistent measurements. I tested at 17% BF, but I'd like to have my daughter do the 4-point measurements on me to compare results. Even if I'm off by 5%, I'm still in a healthy range so I'm really thrilled about that. I had estimated myself to be around 20%. I know this swimming is really giving me a upper body and ab workout, and I think my arms are getting more toned. Gotta look on the bright side of having an injury!
Great numbers, and you've worked so hard to get them
Have you thought about keeping some of the swimming/aqua jogging in your exercise plan once your injury has healed? It sounds like it's really doing a good job for you, and it might be less stressful on your body once you get back to running.

Quote:

Not sure about your breakfast comment? You know P4 'guidelines' are to continue P3 breakfasts, right? You have the rest of your life to keep trying new breakfasts

One thing P1 should have taught us was "free veggies" - and this continues into maintenance. I always keep celery and cucumbers around at home and work. & 1T of the PBFit or PB2 is only 20 / 25 calories (if thats your thing...) - I also found a greek yogurt cream cheese (as I complain about dairy products...) at Safeway that is amazing and only 45 calories for 2T

Oh yeah, I know I can have breakfasts forever it's just that I spent days figuring all these meals for P3, charting them out with all the calories, fat, protein carb guidelines...I had more than 14 different ones, and my plan was to try as many of them as I could. And I didn't of course. Hence the disappointment But I am looking forward to breakfasts over the next few weeks, for sure, amazing how quickly you get used to them
... greek yogurt cream cheese I am finding all sorts of new things to try this week Thanks for sharing.
Sorry to hear everyone has been sick at your house, take care of you! My DH has always been prone to bronchitis, always used to say it was just a cold, and when he'd finally see the doctor, his doc would yell at him and tell him he should have come in much sooner! Not something to be ignored
Hope everyone is better soon.

Quote:
My happy place is 2x a week. Sat. morning is my "official" weigh in and what I use and consider as "my weight". I also do a check on Tuesday morning to see where I am at and if there needs to be a reevaluation.

However, having that one day mid week to check in and see where I am let's me evaluate if I had made any changes, added anything new that may not be agreeing with me and gives me 4 full days to make adjustments before my actual weigh in.
jenny you always have great ideas. I know I'm going to weight every day for the first while on P4 just to make sure I'm not messing it up, but this feels like a nice balance for long term.

Quote:
Hi all,
for your new chick, and HELLO onederland, just around the corner!!!

Quote:

My schedule for the next 4 days is crazy busy, don't know how much time I'll have to check in. On Saturday I'm sharing hosting duties for a women's brunch for 40 ladies, then clean-up, then exercise if I have time. On Sunday/Monday, DH & I are going to Oklahoma to see some old friends, and DH has been invited to speak at an aeronautical engineering class at OSU on Monday morning. On Tuesday, I have to sew a bunch of burp cloths for a friend's baby shower and give the devotional at the shower that evening, and get my swimming done sometime in-between. And hopefully have an MRI!

Today was the first day in 3 weeks I had no pain at all, all day. Maybe whatever is broken is finally starting to heal.
HIS you have the most interesting and varied life
So glad to hear the pain is gone, fingers crossed for you that it is all healing!

--------------

P4 tomorrow
Feels like P2 and P3 have lasted f-o-r-e-v-e-r. I am so ready for this.
I am seesawing between thinking it will be easy-peasy and worrying that I'm going to totally mess up the next month.
But today I am telling myself, one day at a time. And it's vacation, I am going to have fun and NOT think about food every minute. I'm taking some bars/shakes in case I need a P1 day, and for snacks, but otherwise just real food. Wish me luck
Yesterday, I treated myself to a spray tan. A first for me. Anyone ever had one? It was kind of a strange experience, stripping down to undies and getting sprayed like a piece of furniture I know it won't last more than a week, and I only did it because a friend gave me a coupon, but it actually looks good.
It takes 2 full days to drive down to FL from here, but there shouldn't be any weather problems along the way.
I'll check in here to see how everyone is doing but may not be posting much while I'm away (hate trying to do it on my phone).

have a great weekend, everyone!
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:48 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
And again it did it to me this morning ....if that doesn't just grind.my.gears!!
It almost did it to me too So annoying!! I was signed in and when I went to submit, it told me I wasn't signed it. maybe the changes to the boards have made it glitchy.
I'm learning to copy my post before I actually post, just in case
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:17 AM   #203  

I meant to do it this morning and I forgot-
Old 02-19-2016, 09:44 AM   #204  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

blue, yes, I was thinking yesterday that I need to swim at least once a week as a cross-training exercise, once I can run again. It's just a hassle to have to drive to the gym. But the upper body workout is so good for me, and you're right, it would ease the stress on my bones.

Just a funny for this morning: Bra Lady posted today that she enjoys her naked body now, and likes to sit outside to have her morning coffee in the nude. Thankfully there were no pictures with this post!!! hahahaha Don't sit on the patio chairs at her house!

Last edited by HereIStand; 02-19-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:43 AM   #205  

Somewhere along the line I missed a bunch of posts...

MiWi - congrats to your hubby & I would echo HIS on how to handle the weekend. Just be sure to check back in here on the 14th / 15th so we can cheer you on to the finish

Linda - for you & empathize! Darn glitchy technology

Blue - You made it!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you! I know you're going to rock this - you don't stress as bad as some of us

HIS - Those BF measurements are great! DH uses the Italian Herb Flat Out wraps and they are very tasty! Great idea about pizza! I keep forgetting this is maintenance now and I can branch out
I bought 2 Oh Yeah Victory bars last night...I can't stand the Combat cookies and cream flavor so figured I would try the Victory to see if I can find a replacement for Quest. I was super-underwhelmed by the freebie Double Chocolate Chunk, but my favorites are Cookies and Cream and the Mint Chocolate Chip. I'll give them another try once the reformulated bars are available. Wonder if they'll be packaged differently or if it will just be checking expiration dates again...
Wow lady - full plate! Happy to read you had a pain-free day!
Running / hunger...wonder if its b/c you are getting so much more overall resistance in the water - less cardio, more fat burn? My hunger has actually been in check this week, even after 17 miles over 4 days.

Sue - onedeland is just around the corner!

Jenny - you echoed every thought I was / am having about the scale right now...

So DH has a sinus infection and got a Z-Pack - took the first double dose last night and said he was already feeling better this morning. I was thankful it wasn't lung / bronchial related with a longer recovery time.

DD11 is still sniffly...and then woke up complaining about her tummy - she ate & we waited around about an hour this morning to make sure she wasn't going to puke. Personally, I think she might have been a little *ahem* stopped up...everything seemed fine by the time I got her to school

& yes, I stepped on the scale this morning, after telling myself not to...but I felt good! Like Jenny mentioned, I woke up feeling skinny this morning and thought it would translate onto the scale...nope, up a pound - and this makes day 5 of being almost 2 pounds past my comfort zone.

I wrote a bunch of stuff but it all boils back to not being in a good head-space right now

Long run tomorrow - 10/11 miles and then fitting for a bridesmaid dress - excited to be part of my friends wedding in July and it will be incentive for me to stay on track - easier to take-in than to get let-out
Old 02-19-2016, 10:45 AM   #206  

Quote:

Just a funny for this morning: Bra Lady posted today that she enjoys her naked body now, and likes to sit outside to have her morning coffee in the nude. Thankfully there were no pictures with this post!!! hahahaha Don't sit on the patio chairs at her house!
Oh gosh - I just saw that and was like WTH????????

More power to you - but WHY post something like that???? I know she's looking for validation but c'mon...
Old 02-19-2016, 12:05 PM   #207  

Okay, we're going to try this again....third time is a charm right??? OY-VEY!!!!
Quote:
Linda and Beth very interesting about the hunger you both experience on P1 days. I expect to have P1 days once I get into P4 so this is good to know. So maybe the thing to do is make sure there are some snacks handy all day. I really like what HIS is finding with her P1 reboot, adding extra fat and protein. This makes sense, I know that for me, all during P1, any straying off plan was adding extra fat or protein, and it didn't seem to hurt the losses, and sometimes actually helped. If it helps with the hunger issue, this is something to remember for sure.
I don't know what I think about daily weighing I know that for me during this P3 week, I've been weighing every day and it's been up and down a few oz - of course, same thing in P1 when I weighed every day. So P4 will be the same. I'm thinking less than a lb hopefully shouldn't freak anyone out (easy to say, harder to do ). But I'm also hesistant to NOT weigh every day, and if not for a week, then see a 3 or 4 lb gain... So where's the balance between obsessing and being too complacent?
Linda - have fun at the Aqua Zumba (sounds like fun!) You'll look fine in a bathing suit, OMG, look how tiny you are now. And spandex sucks things in a LOT
So, second last day of P3, it's gone by fast, and I had so many more breakfasts planned that I haven't had a chance to try But I am so-o-o-o looking forward to P4. Weight this morning was 135.8, so it's been pretty good. Sure hope I can keep it there for the next month
The weather is looking good for driving this weekend, so we'll be headed to Florida on Saturday morning. Going to get packed today, get the house tidied up, and laundry done (hate coming home to a messy house). We're looking forward to getting away from winter, though I have to admit it hasn't been much to complain about here this year. We'll probably be back about mid-March, but it's flexible since we're driving, and may meander a bit coming back Looking forward to visiting my sister, haven't seen her since Sept, so she'll notice a difference. And my brother is also there for a few months, we'll head over to see him for a few days. Haven't seen him since late summer. Funny we all have to be so far from home to have a reunion...well, mini-reunion, there are still a few of us missing; my family is scattered around all over and getting us all together doesn't happen often.
It actually was 2 days after that I felt ravenous. So, I'm not sure what to make of it and as Beth said-just keep track of it -Have a wonderful vacation!!! I hope that you'll be able to stay in touch! I'm envious- not of the driving, but the warm weather!! I always do the same thing when I go away- everything is clean and spiffy for when I get home from vacation- nothing worse than having to do your laundry and everything from vaca- but add the rest of the normal house crap to it?? No thank you very much!!
YAY for phase 4- you'll do great!!!!! Don't get maniacal like I did-
I don't know about healthy balance- but if you discover the secret to it-please share it with me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiWi View Post
So my hubby won a big safety award in construction on one of his big projects, so the company is sending him and ME for FREE to PUERTO RICO for the awards ceremony...just a weekend, but still pretty awesome. Now I am wondering what the heck I am going to do about the diet. Mini phase off and keep the carbs to a minimum while I'm there? Stay Phase 1? Switch to Phase 2 to allow more options? *Sigh*
If it were me, because you're only going for a brief time- just go, be mindful, know you might knock yourself out of ketosis, but again, be mindful and jump back 100% OP when you get home. I didn't phase off when I went away over the summer and that was over 10 days and I just was thoughtful with my choices- no problem. Just my .02 cents - that I've been trying to share since yesterday lol
Quote:
There are a couple of different brands, I believe, but I found Flat Out Light wraps at Walmart. 90 calories, 10 calories from fat, 6 g net carbs, and 9 g of protein. (I think there's also a higher protein version.) Some people just use them for veggie wraps, but I want more protein so I add chicken or tuna. The taste and texture is good and I really feel like I've had a meal when I eat one. You could use them as a breakfast wrap, with eggs, too. There's also an herb flavored one that I'm going to try as a pizza base, just adding sauce and some cheese and meat.
The weighing issue... that's the big question, where's the balance between obsession and complacency? I think you figure it out after a while in maintenance, and it looks different for everyone. I needed a break from the near-constant focus on weight, it really was becoming an obsession. And like I said yesterday, I know by my feelings about the scale whether I need to be more watchful. If I'm confident I've been eating well and don't fear the scale, I can probably back off from weighing every day. But if I know I've been lax in my diet and dread the scale, I probably need to hop on it daily (for a while) until I get things under control.
Linda, maybe as you get further into P4, you'll be okay with those little fluctuations of the scale. I know you know that +/- a few ounces - or even a couple of pounds - don't mean you're "fat" or "skinny."
Don't worry about how you look at the aqua Zumba class! If your pool is anything like mine, most of the women in the water classes are over 60 and well over 200 pounds. They'll probably be jealous of you, baggy skin and all.
I did my BF measurements last night. Repeated several times to make sure I was getting consistent measurements. I tested at 17% BF, but I'd like to have my daughter do the 4-point measurements on me to compare results. Even if I'm off by 5%, I'm still in a healthy range so I'm really thrilled about that. I had estimated myself to be around 20%. I know this swimming is really giving me a upper body and ab workout, and I think my arms are getting more toned. Gotta look on the bright side of having an injury!
Thank you for the info on the wraps- I'll pick something up tonight when I go grocery shopping. Cant wait. Yup, I just have to get my head in a good place, and stop the daily weighing. I'll choose my 2 days and go from there...easier said than done- but I'll get there. GREAT #'s on the BF measurements. I shuld probably do that soon too- so I can get out of my head that the loose skin is more fat.....

Quote:
The low carb protein wraps I use are by FlatOut Bread http://www.flatoutbread.com/protein-up/ - HIS?
Mmmmm - a wrap with some turkey, avocado and dijon
Linda - oh, how I envy a couple ounces I was ready to remove the batteries from my scale yesterday and am still considering it...
ok - so you were still hungry after your afternoon Combat bar - gotcha. Still think it's something to note / watch after P1 splurge day resets. One thing P1 should have taught us was "free veggies" - and this continues into maintenance. I always keep celery and cucumbers around at home and work. & 1T of the PBFit or PB2 is only 20 / 25 calories (if thats your thing...) - I also found a greek yogurt cream cheese (as I complain about dairy products...) at Safeway that is amazing and only 45 calories for 2T
Aqua-Zumba - let us know how that goes...the rec center offers that class - DH was like 'thats ALL you honey'
Thank you for the wrap info and snack suggestions- I need to bring myself to the point of saying it's ok to have 2 snacks....lol- We should have a battery tossing party-
Quote:
It works for me and it keeps me sane. I am not mentally stable enough to handle weighing every day and seeing normal fluctuations. Unfortunately, I let the number on the scale dictate my mood, regardless of how fabulous I am feeling.
Thank you for that suggestion- I think that that is a good idea- and one I will probably adopt. Makes such good healthy sense.

Quote:
Hi all,
I try to spend one night in the city where I work (versus doing the drive 3 days). My husband came with me so we went out to eat. Rather than eating at Red Robin again we went to a Mongolian BBQ. We asked for an orientation before deciding to eat, and I was able to get a specialty diet sheet. You pick your protein and veggies, then add sauces. They had several flavored broths (garlic and ginger), garlic hot sauce, soy sauce. Then they cooked it for you. It was hard for me to tell how much meat and veggies would weigh. I might have went over a bit.
Sue
wonderful job!!!! YAY FOR YOU!!!! mmmm I'd love to try Mongolian BBQ
Quote:
Yeah, I'm going to try to get lower than my previous goal weight. I don't know how sustainable it will be.... especially when I get back to running. But it's worth a shot. It's weird, I'm actually exercising for more time now (a 3 mile run took 30-ish minutes; swimming and aqua jogging takes 45-50 minutes every day), but I'm not as hungry. Don't know if that's the added dietary fat or if it just feels different swimming vs. running.
I never fail to be amazed at how we can be deceived by our thoughts and feelings, in the face of facts._____

I just read an article in Prevention about running and the "starving hungry feeling" vs other exercises- It was the most recent one at the grocery store. Holy smokes you are going to be busy- I hope that you have a wonderful time.
Quote:
P4 tomorrow
Feels like P2 and P3 have lasted f-o-r-e-v-e-r. I am so ready for this.
I am seesawing between thinking it will be easy-peasy and worrying that I'm going to totally mess up the next month.
But today I am telling myself, one day at a time. And it's vacation, I am going to have fun and NOT think about food every minute. I'm taking some bars/shakes in case I need a P1 day, and for snacks, but otherwise just real food. Wish me luck
Yesterday, I treated myself to a spray tan. A first for me. Anyone ever had one? It was kind of a strange experience, stripping down to undies and getting sprayed like a piece of furniture I know it won't last more than a week, and I only did it because a friend gave me a coupon, but it actually looks good.
It takes 2 full days to drive down to FL from here, but there shouldn't be any weather problems along the way.
I'll check in here to see how everyone is doing but may not be posting much while I'm away (hate trying to do it on my phone).
Wishing you ALL THE BEST!!!!!! I've never done the spray tan thing- sadly I love my sunshine and used to fake bake like it was going out of style, my skin looks it too....You'll do great on P4- heck you've got an awesome support system here!!
Quote:
Gawd, I saw that too and thought of all of us here-lol
Quote:
Linda - for you & empathize! Darn glitchy technology
So DH has a sinus infection and got a Z-Pack - took the first double dose last night and said he was already feeling better this morning. I was thankful it wasn't lung / bronchial related with a longer recovery time.
DD11 is still sniffly...and then woke up complaining about her tummy - she ate & we waited around about an hour this morning to make sure she wasn't going to puke. Personally, I think she might have been a little *ahem* stopped up...everything seemed fine by the time I got her to school
& yes, I stepped on the scale this morning, after telling myself not to...but I felt good! Like Jenny mentioned, I woke up feeling skinny this morning and thought it would translate onto the scale...nope, up a pound - and this makes day 5 of being almost 2 pounds past my comfort zone.
I wrote a bunch of stuff but it all boils back to not being in a good head-space right now
Long run tomorrow - 10/11 miles and then fitting for a bridesmaid dress - excited to be part of my friends wedding in July and it will be incentive for me to stay on track - easier to take-in than to get let-out
I can only hope that this one goes through.....Glad that DH is feeling better and that DD was ok to get to school. Head space- I wonder if ours hang out in the same place-lol
Okay so now, I gotta grab lunch and then I'll come back and catch up some more....(please don't shake your head and say-I wish she wouldn't-
Old 02-19-2016, 12:52 PM   #208  

So, my story for the week- looking back, all in all- with the splurge-I don't know WTH - I mean I know what I ate and I logged every bit, I''ll share if anyone is curious-but all in all- I pretty much maintained within a couple of ounces- so I'm not sure what's up-I don't get it- I really don't= just gotta get myself figured out. Anyhow- not going to lament over it- especially with all of us who are having issues with our minds scr*^&)ng with us. I had my carbs at lunch today and yesterday- omg- roast beef sandwich - so darn good!!
Jenny Something you said really struck a chord, about looking and feeling skinny in an outfit- I had one of those moments the other night...You know, I'm really going to try to stay conscientious of that-Thank you again for that!!
Last year I bought a bunch of skorts in Kohl's in a size 14 that I love!!! They were a 14- last night when I was in there I bought a bunch in size 6!!! Holy smokes!! I figured I would try them on at home and I could always bring them back and exchange for an 8.... OMG They fit me- I couldn't believe it!!! I just couldn't- so now I have to add the skorts that I bought last year -like 8 pairs- 2 of which I never wore to the e-bay stuff.
I made a disgusting sounding breakfast this morning that was actually really good- 1/2 c oats, container of oikos 0-0-0 salted carmel and 2 T of WF chocolate dip- mixed it last night - this morning microwaved it (which softened it) and remixed and it was good- almost decadent tasting. I had a tablespoon of peanut butter and 1/2 c of blueberries on the side...
so very glad it's Friday. I need to win the lottery. (Don't we all)
Well, I should do some more work- I hope that everyone has a great afternoon.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:16 PM   #209  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Quote:
Oh gosh - I just saw that and was like WTH????????

More power to you - but WHY post something like that???? I know she's looking for validation but c'mon...
(Bra Lady) - exactly. I've got no problem with someone letting it all hang out at home... But do you really need to announce that to 30,000 strangers?! I thought about posting the link to the local nudist camp in my county, and suggesting it as a vacation spot for her...

blue, I've never had a spray tan, but I advocate for them instead of outdoor tanning or tanning booths. I spent my youthful summers at the beach or in a pool, slathered in baby oil... and now I have a huge chunk of flesh missing from my back where melanoma was cut out. I still love getting some sun for Vitamin D and to help lower the risk of depression, but I'm smarter about it now - no sun between 10 and 3, I wear a hat a lot more, and use sunscreen! My brother-in-law died from melanoma so I take it seriously.

Did an hour of aqua jogging today and now I feel like my gluteus muscles are shredded. LOL.
MRI is scheduled for next Thursday. Later in the week than I'd hoped, but I'm grateful I don't live in Canada where I'd probably have to wait more than a month just to see a doctor.

And now I'm off to cut up fabric for burp cloths!
Old 02-20-2016, 06:54 AM   #210  

Quote:
(Bra Lady) - exactly. I've got no problem with someone letting it all hang out at home... But do you really need to announce that to 30,000 strangers?! I thought about posting the link to the local nudist camp in my county, and suggesting it as a vacation spot for her...

blue, I've never had a spray tan, but I advocate for them instead of outdoor tanning or tanning booths. I spent my youthful summers at the beach or in a pool, slathered in baby oil... and now I have a huge chunk of flesh missing from my back where melanoma was cut out. I still love getting some sun for Vitamin D and to help lower the risk of depression, but I'm smarter about it now - no sun between 10 and 3, I wear a hat a lot more, and use sunscreen! My brother-in-law died from melanoma so I take it seriously.

Did an hour of aqua jogging today and now I feel like my gluteus muscles are shredded. LOL.
MRI is scheduled for next Thursday. Later in the week than I'd hoped, but I'm grateful I don't live in Canada where I'd probably have to wait more than a month just to see a doctor.

And now I'm off to cut up fabric for burp cloths!
I agree with you, I don't think I would post on the book, closed group or not, about my nekkidness...it was awkward enough talking about weighing myself that way-and we all do it....
I am sorry about your brother in law. I know I should be more careful too. I was like you with the baby oil, except I used to add Anado seeds to mine (iodine back in high school) The Anado seeds really helped to give me a helluva tan. My motto had always been "tanned fat looks way better than boiled chicken" not healthy - not by a long shot.
With all of your talk about the aqua jogging, I am pretty excited to try the Zumba in the pool tomorrow. I've never taken a Zumba class before so it will be interesting to try my first in a pool....I will check out the memberships to the Y also. It's literally right around the corner from my house. I have to drive by it to come home (if I take that route) and if I did get into running I could get there in under 10 minutes. My boss started going a couple of months ago ( he had back surgery ) to use the treadmill and he really enjoys it - as much enjoyment as a miserable person can experience anyways---oh dear that came out didn't it....whoopsie.
I was glad to read that you had a good day with no pain the other day-or at least to that point (?) I hope that you are healing and that the MRI will confirm that.
Enjoy the brunch today. I hope it isn't too much work for you.
Today is check in day with my coach. Last night before grocery shopping we went to pick up dinner at Paneras and I really need to learn to plug my choices in to MFP BEFORE I walk through the door- both last Friday and last night I was horrified by my choices-AFTER I did it. I know that (or so I thought) that my dinner would be my fattier meal so I did my carb at lunch- anywho, last week it was the Cobb salad with chicken-which I had been getting all along before maintenance -but without the cheese and avacado - I don't think I'll get that again....then last night- I figured okay- I'll do a pick 2 and have a cup of the French onion soup (no croutons) they only put a sprinkle of cheese in it- and then the Asian Sesame chicken salad, holy carb laden dinner...I am assuming that the majority of the carbs for the salad was those crunchy wontony thingys-I did eat about half of them....I mean calorie wise it was fine (if that was all we based maintenance off of- no worries) I guess I should get up and get my day going. Didn't sleep well last night- was up quite a lot- glad it's Saturday - but don't want to waste it napping no matter how much I enjoy a good nap now a days.