Old 02-02-2016, 03:23 PM   #61  

HIS - I hope everything turns out ok! It doesn't sound very pleasant.
Blue - good luck with your training! It's so nice your DH does it with you. I bought a treadmill a few years ago because DH said he would use it too...he's never set foot on it. He's not terribly unhealthy though. 6'2" and 215.
Linda - I hope Phase 4 is going well! You've had such an amazing journey!
Jenny - it's good to see you on here again. It felt like you were MIA for a while.

It's been a crazy emotional week for me. I finally lost it and blew up on my family. Not how I wanted things to happen, but miraculously, when I left the house (because I needed to step away) and returned home later amazing things had happened. The house was picked up, the dishes were done, laundry was started. I did tell DH that I shouldn't have to blow up in order for them to help out around the house. He agreed. Things have been much better since then. DS even lost a bet and has to do the dishes for the next week. Then DD lost a bet yesterday and has to do them the following week. #winning

We never did go to the family funeral. My Dad fell on the ice on Sunday so he wasn't up to it. He's good now and his first chemo treatment went well.

Met my next milestone this morning!! I actually met it last Wednesday (the day after my weigh in) and didn't really lose anything the rest of the week. TOM is approaching though and history has shown I don't lose the week before, but I do the week of...weird.
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:07 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,
HIS.morning all is well when you go to doc tomorrow.

Beth. Glad you husband suggested it was time to scale back on training why does it always have to be their idea.

Blue hopefully you will be able to use your vaca time to begin to learn more about P4 and wishing you success with vaca so you don't need to go back to 01.

Mama. I don't understand why we have to yell or get angry to be heard. That happens with my husband too and staying at home is his job. Glad you found a voice and take this opportunity to split the work among all.

Trying not to panic as today scale is up 2#. I can't get my ring off easily, so I hope it is water retention. Likely using more salt that than at home. Also focusing on getting more water in today and taking my supplements and constipation meds.

Weather is nicer here now. We were in aruba yesterday and I went snorkeling. Missed my step goal by 100, but was not wearing while on snorkel tour. We were in Bonaire today for 1/2 day but just had a relaxing day on ship. Regarding treats.. They have sugar free gelato, do you think I could have a scoop? I just don't know what they sweeten it with. I would need to share with someoneb as it is 3 scopes for 3.50.

Time for dinner. I hope this early eating doesn't mess me up at home.

Sue
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:52 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Sue - MFP had a couple different brands of sugar free gelato and even though they didn't list ingredients, the macros looked ok to me - 1/2C was 120 calories, 5g fat and 6g carb
Just keep in mind it *could* cause cravings depending on how you react to the artificial sweetener - otherwise I wouldn't stress too much even if it's not 100% protocol
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:35 AM   #64  

Mama - part of me is sorry it came down to a blow-up, but part of me is like *yah, you go girl* We're not doormats and fwiw, I completely, 100% empathize...I work, am 95% in charge of getting DD11 to her 3-days-a-week dance practices, work FT, and do 90% of the cooking. DD19 is no longer home most of the time (she's pretty much moved in with her girlfriend), so her chores have been falling back on me...DH is one who doesn't take any type of criticism lightly (or kindly), so I have to pick my battles, but I finally had it out with him over the last week or so - ok, so you replaced the fence this summer...what about all the other things that have to get done around the house on a daily basis? Yeesh He's started helping a little bit and is working with DD11 on dish-duty...she's still slightly too short to unload everything, but is willing to try
Sorry about the rant, but yah - we seem to be in the same boat more-or-less...glad your family picked up the slack
BTW - how is your daughter doing?

HIS - let us know how it goes with your Dr. today

Linda - settling in ok? Gosh I wish I could just give you my daily MFP logs...but the problem is, I've truthfully been pretty lax about following P4 to a "T" - I eat reasonable, I try to stick to natural food (although this mini-reboot has taught me something about protein), and when I feel like adding fat to lunch or dinner, I do...or I feel like adding carb to either/or, I do...but I don't do it everyday and I generally try to be careful about combining them too much. Also, I like meat and was about the P4 4oz guideline. I rather trade off the carb / fat for more fish / chicken / pork

Yesterday was my last day of the mini-reboot I did to take care of last weeks indulgences.
145 this morning
My personal observances:
- it wasn't as horrible as I thought
- the protein in the Quest shakes kept me satisfied
- it didn't effect my running - in fact, both Monday and today, I ran < 10:00 miles
- Even with the probiotic, I did *ahem* stop up a bit the last 2 days...but that cleared out this morning with a little help from a full tsp of Natural Calm last night
- I am seeing what really helps keep me regular is carbs, but I am going to continue the probiotic as it does seem to have helped a bit with the other issue
- I need more protein! So whether it was the willpower kicking in, or the additional protein remains to be seen, but I believe I need more protein in general - especially after runs. S, M, & Tu, b'fast was only a scoop of Quest, blended with 1.5C Silk Almond Milk (approx 50 k/cal), and 2T pbFit - & Monday I had the 1/2 scoop pre-run since I ate so low calorie on Sunday. Evening snack was either a Quest / Combat bar or Quest shake...I really haven't been ravenously hungry like I was through most of January. We'll see how it goes today - I added 1/2C old fashioned Quaker Oats to b'fast this morning.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:52 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Yesterday was my last day of the mini-reboot I did to take care of last weeks indulgences.
145 this morning
My personal observances:
- it wasn't as horrible as I thought
- the protein in the Quest shakes kept me satisfied
- it didn't effect my running - in fact, both Monday and today, I ran < 10:00 miles
- Even with the probiotic, I did *ahem* stop up a bit the last 2 days...but that cleared out this morning with a little help from a full tsp of Natural Calm last night
- I am seeing what really helps keep me regular is carbs, but I am going to continue the probiotic as it does seem to have helped a bit with the other issue
- I need more protein! .
I agree with all of this I think the Quest Protein is super satisfying, especially when I make it into cookies.

I have also found that carbs are the KEY to regularity (if you will). I suffer tremendously from the Big C when I am on P1 (even with probiotics) and need "help" almost daily. I worry about this from time to time, but I know that P1 is short term and once I get back to eating more carbs, things will self regulate.

YES, YES, YES to more protein! Especially with your volume of running, you DO NOT want to burn and break down muscle. In maintenance, I will likely follow a macro breakdown of 40% P, 35% C and 25% F.

So, I was / am having a rough week, but I think I am over the hump. I know I have mentioned before about having diet fatigue and how I am very happy with my results. But lately, I have been STRESSING big time over the elusive goal weight (which I believe lead to the gain I saw on the scale yesterday). What is so magical about hitting 135?

This is what is going on in my head. I feel really good. All of my clothes are fitting amazing and I am wearing mostly a size 4 / small with a few size 2 & xs thrown in there. Even by losing 5-6 more pounds, I am likely not going to change clothing sizes at this point. And I am certainly not going to scrap the 4's and smalls. The only thing at this stage of the game that 135 gives me is a little cushion for maintenance.

So what I decided is this. I am committing the month of Feb. to finish P1 and whatever my weight is, it is. As I see it, where I am today is the WORST CASE SCENARIO. I may be 135 or I may be 140- so be it. Then on March 1, I am going to start phasing off, whether or not I ever hit 135. I don't know if this is the right strategy or not, but I feel at peace with this course of action. And it takes the stress out of the equation. Who knows, maybe if I am not stressing about it, I might actually lose more, but I have been a bundle of nerves lately trying to chase this number down.

All I know is that I absolutely cannot keep stressing over the scale when I feel so good. And that I cannot mentally keep this up. I really want to get back into eating healthy, whole foods and be able to get my exercise back to what I was doing before. I have been exercising the whole time, but I have been very cautious since I haven't been eating carbs. I want to put 100% effort in and add more weight to my bar.

I know this is probably not the most popular method, but it isn't it all about being healthy, feeling good and being happy with yourself? And the best thing about IP? It's going to always be there. If in a few months I realize that I need to get down to a lower weight in order to maintain where I want, I can always jump back on P1 then. This diet is so easy and effective, that you can do that. P1 is always going to be there for us to help us keep our goals.

Last edited by jennydoodle; 02-03-2016 at 11:55 AM.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:44 PM   #66  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quick update: I'm waiting to have x-rays done. No running for a month. I'm supposed to give the bones/tendons rest time. Then I can try easy running. If I still have pain, he will order an MRI and refer me to an orthopedic doctor, and maybe p.t. I guess if the X-rays show a fracture, that plan will change.
Rx for anti inflammatories and muscle relaxants.
Swimming is okay, so I will start that ASAP.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:58 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone- glad to see everyone is doing so well.
HIS keeping my fingers crossed for you that the doctor says it's nothing serious!! Been thinking about you all week.
MamaSo sorry to hear about your dad, I hope that he is ok!! I am sorry that he has to undergo chemo, I will keep you in my prayers. Sorry to hear about the blowup- hopefully though things will stay better for you. Congratulations to you!!!! No longer the "O" word !!!! So excited for you!!!
Sue I am sure it's just water retention- you sound like you are doing all of the right things- don't stress and enjoy your vacation!!!!
Beth I love how you can read yourself so well, and the fact that you share it with us. It's nothing short of inspiring!! How did the oats work out? I remember, and noticed the same with myself- the OIAJ doesn't hold me nearly as long through the morning. Give me eggs, toast, yogurt or canadian bacon -lol. Congrats on the 10:00!!! Again, you are such an inspiring person!! Especially when I read things you post and I think back and say tomyself, yeah- that was me too!!
Jenny Very insightful- thank you!!!
I wish I could tell you all that I am finding P4 a breeze. Quite the opposite actually. I'm hungry, cranky (seriously bi$@h!y is more like it) scared, stressed, confused-a mess. Too much of this, not enough of that, numbers look way out of whack- I really am a nutritional idiot- I was looking at a sheet that says that cottage cheese is a protein/fat - well, if you read the label- its got more carbs than fat...then throw looking at the totals for the day-----holy schizzle- I am doing something wrong....yet the scale, that has stayed what I will term as "ok" though I feel like my "gut" has gotten flabbier- I don't remember it being the roll is is right now over the waistband of my pants. They feel fine, not tight, but my stomach feels different-flabbier- no problems with the big "c" fortunately !! As far as 4 oz of protein???!!?? You guys, I was NEVER one of those who said, "oh I just can't eat that much" or "I get sick when I have to eat that much protein" Nope, this girl- I'll eat 8oz of beef- with pleasure- so now...it's tough, it's as though it isn't enough and by the time my snacktime rolls around at about 3, (which I used to go from 11:00 lunch to 3:00 snack- now it's noonish for lunch and still need my snack around 3. I try to push it a little because dinner is usually around 7 and bed not long after that. I have a crispy square today and I am pretty certain I won't make it to dinner with out being starved. I can't wrap my head around the 3:1, it seems as though when I try, something else goes out of whack- I am terrified that (and I think the way the pants feel, and looking down and seeing that roll has REALLY triggered an emotional thing) that, just like normal, you've lost a ton of weight and now you are back on the road to putting it all back on. Last night, I just had 2 eggs scrambled in to 2 C of caulirice. It should have been my carb meal- well, the cauliflower has the carbs, but I ate it all through P1, so my carb # would have been so off the wall, I didn't dare- and I (at that point) was ready to cry and exhausted from stressing over this so much. So, that is my tale of woe- yet again. Can't we just eat breakfast 3 times a day???

Last edited by Destony; 02-03-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:08 PM   #68  

Quote:
Mama - part of me is sorry it came down to a blow-up, but part of me is like *yah, you go girl* We're not doormats and fwiw, I completely, 100% empathize...I work, am 95% in charge of getting DD11 to her 3-days-a-week dance practices, work FT, and do 90% of the cooking. DD19 is no longer home most of the time (she's pretty much moved in with her girlfriend), so her chores have been falling back on me...DH is one who doesn't take any type of criticism lightly (or kindly), so I have to pick my battles, but I finally had it out with him over the last week or so - ok, so you replaced the fence this summer...what about all the other things that have to get done around the house on a daily basis? Yeesh He's started helping a little bit and is working with DD11 on dish-duty...she's still slightly too short to unload everything, but is willing to try
Sorry about the rant, but yah - we seem to be in the same boat more-or-less...glad your family picked up the slack
BTW - how is your daughter doing?
You could be talking about my life! DD is doing well. He ankle has really improved over the last few days. She's going to try some uneven bars and upper body conditioning at gymnastics today. We have a f/u with our favorite doc tomorrow morning. They will also do new x-rays. Thanks for asking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I agree with all of this I think the Quest Protein is super satisfying, especially when I make it into cookies.

So what I decided is this. I am committing the month of Feb. to finish P1 and whatever my weight is, it is. As I see it, where I am today is the WORST CASE SCENARIO. I may be 135 or I may be 140- so be it. Then on March 1, I am going to start phasing off, whether or not I ever hit 135. I don't know if this is the right strategy or not, but I feel at peace with this course of action. And it takes the stress out of the equation. Who knows, maybe if I am not stressing about it, I might actually lose more, but I have been a bundle of nerves lately trying to chase this number down.
I agree Quest protein = filling and delicious!

I also am struggling with my goal weight. Depending on what you use (BF%, frame size, BMI) will depend on what my goal weight is; lowest being 115 and highest being 182). I know 182 won't be it since I'm only 3lbs away from that and feel I definitely need to lose more. I have a similar thought/plan that I would do P1 February and March and phase off starting in April. That's how I feel now, we'll see what actually happens as I get closer to that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
Quick update: I'm waiting to have x-rays done. No running for a month. I'm supposed to give the bones/tendons rest time. Then I can try easy running. If I still have pain, he will order an MRI and refer me to an orthopedic doctor, and maybe p.t. I guess if the X-rays show a fracture, that plan will change.
Rx for anti inflammatories and muscle relaxants.
Swimming is okay, so I will start that ASAP.
That is such a bummer! Hopefully they figure out what's going on and you heal quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
MamaSo sorry to hear about your dad, I hope that he is ok!! I am sorry that he has to undergo chemo, I will keep you in my prayers. Sorry to hear about the blowup- hopefully though things will stay better for you. Congratulations to you!!!! No longer the "O" word !!!! So excited for you!!!
Thank you! I was too excited! I don't remember the last time I weighed this.

You will find your place in P4. From all I've read from HIS and Beth, it's trial and error; each person is different. The fact sheet gives us facts, but I really feel it's about learning how your body reacts to fats, carbs and proteins and determining what works for the new lifestyle you have post IP.

I started the C25K a few days ago. So far so good. I was really concerned since I've had problems with my low back and hip when running previously. It only has 3 plans per week. Is it wrong if I run the plan every day? I find the running to be my stress reliever. I wouldn't want to make the 8 week plan into 4 weeks, but if I chose to run every day, just repeating the days?

Last edited by mamacitaof2; 02-03-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:20 PM   #69  

Also want to add that I got my two free Quest bars in the mail the other day. The "new formula" is still the one with soluble corn fiber. The calories from fat are still too high for IP protocol, though I did use 1/2 one last night after my run.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:14 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Destony- that "flabby" feeling is carbs. In P1 you get that wonderful "flat" feeling because you do not have any carbs. But as soon as you replenish glycogen stores, you retain water too. Rest assured, it is not fat, but I totally feel your pain!

Through all of my years on trial and error, I am planning maintenance from a different approach. I don't want to go into too many details because I don't want to derail anyone from following the actual IP protocol or be a catalyst for an uproar. I have just found what I believe will work for me, based on what I have learned about myself.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:32 PM   #71  

Linda - I too went through P3 without the glycogen restore and when I went into P4, poof - back came the belly pouch. I think both of us avoided the P3 refill. Keep in mind too, seriously, stress just isn't good on the body and worrying about every gram of this and that, at the end of the day, just isn't worth it. I know you like paper but really MFP makes seeing macros and stuff so much easier - I'm sure you know it even gives you a nice little pie chart
Old 02-04-2016, 06:58 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Destony- that "flabby" feeling is carbs. In P1 you get that wonderful "flat" feeling because you do not have any carbs. But as soon as you replenish glycogen stores, you retain water too. Rest assured, it is not fat, but I totally feel your pain!

Through all of my years on trial and error, I am planning maintenance from a different approach. I don't want to go into too many details because I don't want to derail anyone from following the actual IP protocol or be a catalyst for an uproar. I have just found what I believe will work for me, based on what I have learned about myself.
Thank you Jenny- that makes sense- I wish I had known, I thought the stress was really. Making me cra-cra. Someday, I will be interested to hear your new approach. Not until I have a firm handle on maintenance, but I am always interested in all the different perspectives. I followed the Alt thread since I started back a year ago, but didn't start to toy with it until Septemeber or October.

Quote:
Linda - I too went through P3 without the glycogen restore and when I went into P4, poof - back came the belly pouch. I think both of us avoided the P3 refill. Keep in mind too, seriously, stress just isn't good on the body and worrying about every gram of this and that, at the end of the day, just isn't worth it. I know you like paper but really MFP makes seeing macros and stuff so much easier - I'm sure you know it even gives you a nice little pie chart
It's funny, because I was keeping so much paper, but I started using MFP solely after the first week of P3. So, I am seeing everything, which is freaking me out-lol. At least today, I can "lol"- although it's only about 0630....The scale (knock on wood) is staying pretty consistently 125-126-so...I guess no matter how bad I think I am doing, it might not really be all that bad. I have my W/I Saturday morning, so we shall see. I've texted back and forth with my coach a couple of times. She really is good- and she is doing to me, some of what I am doing with my friend in terms of telling me what to do, and encouraging me to "figure it out" in a good way- the difference between Steph and myself though is that I do read everything I can get my hands on, chat with you gals, you know- do my homework- or try to anyways- Steph just texts me "can I eat this?" Questions when I tell her something (alts) is a restricted, schizzle like that.
Anyhow, time to hit the streets, hopefully today will be a good day for me, and all of you too!!!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:14 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:
So, I was / am having a rough week, but I think I am over the hump. I know I have mentioned before about having diet fatigue and how I am very happy with my results...

So what I decided is this. I am committing the month of Feb. to finish P1 and whatever my weight is, it is. As I see it, where I am today is the WORST CASE SCENARIO. I may be 135 or I may be 140- so be it. Then on March 1, I am going to start phasing off, whether or not I ever hit 135. I don't know if this is the right strategy or not, but I feel at peace with this course of action. And it takes the stress out of the equation.
jenny we've been pretty much on the same path during your reboot, and boyoboy, do I hear you about diet fatigue I too had that magic 135 number in my head. For me the best thing was deciding I did not want to go on another vacation on this diet. For other trips, for a few days or a week, well, OK...but we'll be gone for close to a month. So when I started the phase off, I was not at goal, but close; and maybe when I get back, I may have some lbs to lose, but truthfully, like you, I'm Ok with where I am. I'm in 8s and 10s bottoms, small and medium tops. I don't have a tiny frame (got them big bones, even though I'm short ) and I think losing 10 more lbs wouldn't change much. I absolutely agree, at this point, we should not be so focused on that "magic number".
Your plan to set yourself a date sounds right to me. You've been losing well, you may get there but there's something so calming about having that set date, at least for me it took away a lot of stress to be following a definite plan instead of wait and hope.

Quote:
Everyone seems to have to figure out maintenance to see what works; you've been through this and learned things about yourself. I hope this - whatever you do - is going to work for you. Once you get there, I hope you'll come back and share, we are all looking for whatever information and experiences, and IP really doesn't have a solid P4 plan, just those general guidelines that are up to each of us to navigate the best path for ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
I also am struggling with my goal weight. Depending on what you use (BF%, frame size, BMI) will depend on what my goal weight is; lowest being 115 and highest being 182). I know 182 won't be it since I'm only 3lbs away from that and feel I definitely need to lose more.
mama - I had the same struggle, and I know others did as well. when I started I just picked a number 150 out of the blue (small pun there )..
Sounded like a good goal, but when I go closer, I knew it wasn't where I wanted to live, so I revised it to 135. But with the idea that it wasn't set in stone. Last time I was in the 130s I was in my 30s - long time ago, and a much younger body. So it was hard to know what this older body would feel like or look like in the 130s. Don't be focused on the number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
I've texted back and forth with my coach a couple of times. She really is good- and she is doing to me, some of what I am doing with my friend in terms of telling me what to do, and encouraging me to "figure it out" in a good way- the difference between Steph and myself though is that I do read everything I can get my hands on, chat with you gals, you know- do my homework- or try to anyways- Steph just texts me "can I eat this?" Questions when I tell her something (alts) is a restricted, schizzle like that.
There is a lot of value in "doing the work" yourself. For me, blindly following IP did work, and I didn't really feel the need to do more (tho I probably would if I was starting again )... it wasn't until later in the journey that, like you, I added alts, started using MFP, and now of course, with P3 breakfasts, I have spent time making out menus, checking macros, and I have learned a LOT. All of which I know will help me in P4. I think especially at this stage, it isn't a favor to just be handed the answers. For your friend, though, at the beginning of her journey, maybe she just has to follow the plan blindly, no straying off course, until she starts to want more info.

-------------------
A couple on nice days away. I always enjoy some time in the "big city" and we did enjoy all the years we lived there, but it's such a zoo, makes me appreciate the quieter pace of life here. Unbelievable weather, record highs - the warmest day in Feb in Toronto - EVER!!!
Springsteen concert was A-MA-ZING! they always are! You know, we're about the same age; there are some days when my age feels "old", but I have to admit, seeing him on stage does not make me think of an "old man"
Next day we went to a play - Gaslight - also excellent. One thing I love about the city are the beautiful old theaters. Dinner out both nights, and good news, scale is still showing 135.6 this morning.
I have my official WI this morning, and I know it will be a few lb higher, but in my mind, my real number is this one.
Lots of work to catch up on today after my mini-holiday.
Have a great day, all!
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:02 AM   #74  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Linda, I got the puffy belly back, too, in P4. Wasn't happy about it, either.

I haven't gotten official news back yet on the x-rays, but I have a copy of the films and I can't see an obvious fracture. Of course, stress fractures often only show up on CT scans. I'm thinking about just going to an orthopedic doctor (I saw my primary care guy yesterday), and asking his opinion on further testing and how to proceed.

I had a crappy night. Tossed and turned all night, then woke up with a killer headache this morning. And I feel nauseated. Don't know if it's a bug or just feeling blue about the whole running thing. I don't want to eat at all. I was going to go swim today but can't work up the enthusiasm for it. I need to do at least two days of strict P1 because the scale is up to my scream weight of 160.

Jenny, I, too, would like to know what your plan is for maintenance. I think this group has shown we're definitely not opposed to protocol tweaks. Whatever it takes to stay at goal!
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:20 AM   #75  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Hi Everyone. I have a killer headache today, so this is brief. Just wanted you all to know I am reading all of your posts. I am scared for maintenance again. Like Linda said, I am not a nutritionist. I am worried that I can't eat healthy enough to keep my weight down when I feel the hunger caused by eating carbs. Jenny, I hope you share your insights...you won't derail me for sure. I need a good plan that works. HIS, I am sorry you have to go through this stupid pain and have to take a break from running. You may not ever feel like swimming, but I think the activity will make you feel happier (ugh, I can't help it if I'm a psychologist).

Talk to everyone soon!!! Just trying to get this headache under control.
MiWi is offline   Reply With Quote