Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 06:36 AM   #106  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Stanski - Good for you for catching a few pounds and working on vanishing them before they bred and became a lot of pounds! I'm with Liana on maybe adding some fruit to your breakfast and varying your breakfast. There's nothing wrong with what you're eating but I have found getting some variety in my meals helps keep me satisfied and knocks down the desire to go overboard with favorites (which I totally am capable of!).

Jenny = May the extra pounds be gone before you can blink. I missed the fitbit reviews up there (blame foggy head) but I love mine. Very motivating to get all my steps in and it also gives me a reading of how many minutes I was very active. I like the sleep tracking feature even if it may not be totally accurate - I've been logging less than 5 hours sleep a night since I got it. I know that's not good and if it continues now that the new year is here I may need to do something about it.

Slipfree - Should have warned you not to get on scale after ham! I love ham but I jump 2-3 lbs every time I eat it.

That is a gorgeous table you set - looks so festive! Almost makes you want to give the guests paper plates and send them outside to eat so as to not mess it up. (I wouldn't really do that!) I'm doing the veg in my jammies most of the weekend too - have a few errands to run today and then back to my reading binge.

westwillow - what a gorgeous pic! You look so happy and have such a wonderful smile!

Thanks all for the good wishes on getting better - it's getting there. Just wish it hadn't come on right now but it's given me a good excuse to make dh wait on me!
Old 01-02-2015, 07:57 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
hey lady! I do not post in this thread because I just restarted the program after a long Hiatus. but I saw your name and just had to pop in to say hello and congrats on that lil angel.. what a beauty! good to see you old friend
Hey missy! Good to see you on here! We can do it to together this time!
Old 01-02-2015, 11:49 AM   #108  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Happy New Year Maintainers!!!!!

Ishbel....welcome back! Congrats on your new baby!!! Nursing helped my metabolism in some ways, but it also made me SOOOO HUNGRY - so I think it just got me used to eating more....and then I never stopped, lol (well, until I started IP in April). Managing a family and eating healthy is really where I fell apart, kudos to you for taking this challenge head on.

Slipfree.....Your table looked lovely! Hope your HAM pounds are quickly coming off. I had bacon yesterday and am suffering some extra water retention, too. Ugh.

WestWillow.....Your profile pic is certainly lovely! I LOVE putting faces to names on here! I always appreciate your encouraging spirit.

To everyone else.....hope you have all survived the holidays! Consumerism makes me crazy: For the holidays (starting with Halloween), it's like: Feed yourself, treat yourself, INDULGE! And now for the new year, the SAME companies are like: Eat healthy! Live Healthy! Exercise! Restrain! grrrrrrrrr

It's been great to have these two weeks off, but it's been hard on my eating. I do much better when I am in my regular routine. I find I want to have too many free meals when I'm with my family. I have been careful to stay in my caloric range, and I am thankful that this has kept me from gaining. But I feel SO much better when I am eating the P4 way.

I am feeling overwhelmed as the last of my time off is dwindling, and I feel I like I should have accomplished more than I did. But, I am taking today to spend with my kiddos (time WELL SPENT of course) to go to a toy store and to see a movie (in the movie theatre, a real treat for the kids). Even if the house is a hot mess, I won't regret my kiddo time. They're growing up too fast already!

Hope everyone is doing well. Take care!
Old 01-02-2015, 01:18 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

The scale has not budged but I am going to enjoy our last holiday event tonight. There is always tomorrow

I am really looking forward to spending my last two days of vacation in my jammies and catching up on Downton Abbey and Midwives. We are expecting a bit of icy/rainy weather so the timing for my stayjammie-cation is perfect.

Thanks for the table compliments, it is always a challenge to come up with something new. I come from a long line of generous hostesses so it is really an honor to follow their lead.

Ruth Ann, I laughed about the ham and the scale warning! I am looking forward to getting back into my clean eating routines.

Eve, you have your priorities right, kid time first! Have fun and I hope it is a good movie.

Westwillow, very pretty picture! Was your hair long when you started maintenance? I think that I remember a previous picture from the old maintainers thread.

Hoping that all of you have a great day.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:22 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Happy 2nd day of the New Year Maintainers!

I had a lovely impromptu dinner party last night with some friends. I put out all the fixings for taco salad and everybody did their thing. It was so fun to eat with friends and know that I was totally on program!

Slip That table setting! Amazing. It looks like a magazine spread. Just beautiful.

RuthAnnSorry you're sick. Feel better soon.

Westwillow Love your pic!

eveTime spent with kiddos is the best and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love my daughter, but I'm exhausted. We have 3 more days together and they are jam packed with "things to do". She goes back to Oregon on Monday. I'm looking forward to a full night's sleep.

I know now what ya'll are talking about when you say you feel "fluffy". My pants are tight today. Yesterday there were up lbs. (1.7). I'm not going to panic, I know it's those glycogen stores. It doesn't mean I have to like it.

Yesterday calories were much higher than usual so that may have a bit to do with it. I'm at work today but I think we will get out early. And they brought in fajitas for lunch. I already had my salad so I just added the chicken and beef and ate with everyone else.

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by catlady1981; 01-02-2015 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:21 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Slip - beautiful table! It's amazing how salt makes us retain. My # is slowly coming down and just talking myself thru each day. Hang in there the water weight will be off soon. Sometimes it takes more than one day😄

Westwillow - beautiful profile picture.

Eve - I am looking forward to getting back in to the same old routine and to the regular maintenance meals. I could use more time off work but I need that to structure my food and of course the money.

Ruth Ann- feel better and stay cozy. I hope you get the sleep figured out. 5 hours isn't much.

We took the kids skating yesterday, they skated we watched, and my daughter informed me that they were the only ones out on the ice without parents. It was true. So, today I went and got a pair of skates and we are going again on Sunday. DH is going to buy a pair to. I would not have done this 150lbs ago. Fingers crossed I don't break anything.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:36 PM   #112  

Thanks Jenny and Andrea!

Jenny, the UP pounds have something to do with too many fun days in a week and possibly wine, lol. Back on the straight and narrow tomorrow. All of my holiday events are done! So proud of you about the skating

Went to a wake today for a very sweet guy. He was 43 years old and had been fighting brain cancer for the past 7 years. Such a reminder that life is short and to cherish what you have.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:40 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Great that you & hubby will skate with the kids! Wow, Jenny! You will fly like a bird, zipping across the ice. I am a bit jealous - I grew up in a warmer coastal area and just never learned to skate (although I learned to ski at a very young age) at least properly. When I was an adult I bought hockey skates to try but never really did much at all and finally one year while they were hanging in the shed, a mouse got to them and totally tore up the felt liner for a nest. That was the end of skating for me, lol. Never bought another pair. DH skates but he grew up in Edmonton, Alberta - definitely a place to skate in the winter. We both roller skate though (old style, hahaha).

Slip, sorry to hear about your friend, so young, too.

Liana
Old 01-03-2015, 04:01 PM   #114  

It's snowing! First snow on the ground here this winter. Looking very pretty right now, as the trees are coated in white. Will be turning to rain and warming back up.

Good Phase 1 day so far. How is the New Year for all of you?
Old 01-03-2015, 07:29 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Feeling a little prestressed for work tomorrow night as we are expecting 20-30 cm of snow interspersed with freezing rain. A winter storm warning is in effect with "hazardous winter conditions expected. Consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve."
Four nights of work in a row plus the new daytime job. I will be dead meat by Thursday.

Liana

ps: Thanks CenTXChick for the link - quote from NYmagazine:
"Maybe diet culture could stand to take a page from sobriety culture, too. Just as you don't complete the twelve steps and celebrate with a bottle of wine, the idea that extreme weight loss has an end point after which life reverts to "normal" leaves dieters with very little recourse once the thrill of weight loss has ended. For those who have struggled with food, maintaining new habits is a lifelong, day-by-day process."
http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/11/what...ight-loss.html

Last edited by canadjineh; 01-03-2015 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:06 PM   #116  
Stanski

S/C/G: 152/144/130

Height: 5'4"

thanks for all your support, everyone, yes the weight dropped back off after xmas. Still wanna loose 1lb, OMG I'm so annal.....but have decided with a little light weights and light cardio, should be no problem. Wanna wish everyone a Happy Healthy and Slim 2015!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2015, 08:12 AM   #117  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Ishbel - What a beautiful baby you have! Congrats!

evemomma - I'm with you, I do better on my eating when I'm working and have more structure. Enjoy your kiddo time! The house will get straightened up eventually - probably after the kids are grown!

catlady1981 - Good for you for not panicking on the "up" pounds! You know how to fix it. Glad you're enjoying your daughter's visit.

Jenny - You're brave to try skating but I'll bet you do great!

Slipfree - So sorry about your friend, you have my sympathy. So hard to lose someone so young.

I like the snow when it comes down and makes everything pretty and then goes away fast. Of course, we live at the top of a hill and it makes getting anywhere a bit dicey. But I wouldn't mind a bit tonight just to extend my long weekend an extra day - nothing moves around here when it snow, just not equipped for it. (Of course, dh has a 4x4 and we really can get around if we need to, but don't tell anyone!)

Liana - Hope the night went well for you.

Stanski - Hooray for you on the pounds being back down! Amazing how that happens.

Planning to continue my book/movie fest today and maybe get a little housework done and get set up for the week. It's been nice having the time off but I really am ready to get back to my routine. Was a fairly quiet holiday season for us since dh isn't up to doing a whole lot and I haven't minded the downtime a bit. Been a crazy year.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:24 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hello there Maintainers;

Welcome back Ishbel! And congratulations on your new baby girl!! I'm happy to read all of your posts.

Just checking in on this extremely cold day, -39C!! Yikes! I'm happy to get back into my routine as well Ruth Ann, nice to have a break but always nice to get back into a schedule. I am mid range in my weight so am very happy about that. I will work at getting the 3lbs off to get back down to my low range but am happy with where I'm at right now. Its been a busy time and looking forward to getting into a more strict eating plan. I always feel so much better! And back to my exercise plan too, wasn't a great week for that. Have a great day all!
Old 01-04-2015, 01:10 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Happy Sunday Maintainers!

Ishbel What a beautiful baby girl you have. I have read so many of your posts. You are an inspiration.

Liana Stay safe and warm. That weather forecast sounds yucky and scary!

Hawaii My exercise plans this week did not go as well either. Once my daughter has gone back to school and the holiday break is over I think it will be easier to settle into a routine. Only got in two workouts this week.

RuthAnn Had a little jammie/knitting time this morning before it was time to get going with the girl child. She's getting ready now for more "fun" stuff to do before she leaves. Enjoy your down time!

Slip So sorry for your loss. It's hard to loose people, especially when they are so young.

Jenny How did the skating go? Sounds like fun. I am less than graceful so this is not something that I would ever attempt.

So when I got on the scale yesterday morning I was down 1.3 of the up lbs. (which I thought were glycogen stores)going into my Fun Meal day. And this morning I was still at 139.1. So what is the first thought that pops into my head? I don't have to do a P1 day, the fun meal didn't impact me at all. What? Where did that come from? I immediately banished that thought and went into the kitchen and made a protein shake. Sticking to the plan works and I know this. Why is bad behavior so easy to justify? Wouldn't it be great if the natural tendency was to be "good"?
Old 01-04-2015, 09:02 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Andrea- I love " wouldn't it be great if our natural tendency was to be good". I feel like quieting this acting out child is my adult journey. So annoying good for you for doing P1 and sticking to your maintainence plan.

Slip - what a horrible loss for his family and friends, too young to die. I agree you've got to live life and if feel now in we are all so much healthier.

Liana - yikes you've got a crazy schedule this week. Hope it's not too cold and the weather isn't as bad as they're calling for. Where did you get the old fashion roller blades? They can be hard to find. I have a pair of roller blades but threw them out when I reached my highest weight. Told my daughter I would do that to with her this summer. I'm envious of your skiing. I've only tried that once. Scares me.

Hawaii- brr it sounds very cold out your way. Sounds like you've done great with your weight over the holidays.

Ruth Ann - hopefully you lots of time for reading/movies tody. What kind of books do you like to read?

Stanski happy new year to you. Great work getting rid of the up lbs.

Hi Eve, hope you had a great weekend

There was no gliding are the ice for me but I got around without taking out any small children. We went skating twice! I had such fun. DH is still looking for a cheap pair. My kids got a kick out of me being on the ice. Training for my next race, 30km March 29 (last 10km hills) started this weekend. Did 15km Saturday morning. Really hoping the weather is better this winter than last year. Lbs coming down, 1 more to go and I will be at scream weight and then would like to be 2 below.

Wishing everyone a great week
Closed Thread