Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 01:59 AM   #256  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Short weekend, indeed Jenny . Sounds like we have some similarites between ours. Nothing too far off plan for me either, but not nearly enough water. Herbal tea as I write.

Yes I am out west, but on Vancouver Island, which has a mild but very wet winter, usually. Nothing like further east & inland, which gets much colder. Past few days have been below 0 & frosty, though. I know your TO winters - we do have it easier. I have just become a wimp

Wishing everyone a well-maintained Monday.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:09 AM   #257  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Great job on the dress (and pouf), Liana. And you look fab-u-lous!!
Old 11-17-2014, 07:27 AM   #258  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Jenny & Liana - your pictures look gorgeous!

I hear everyone on the water as the weather gets colder - I tend to drink lots more coffee instead. Not good. Plus I always seem to do more sodium over the weekends, this weekend included. Woke up to an extra 3 pounds this morning - yikes! Really going to have to hit the water the next couple of days. Fortunately I know it's just water retention (canned soup will do that to you!). Did my monthly weigh-in with my coach last week and was still sitting at my usual weight.

thanks Westwillow for the reminder about taking care of ourselves so we can take care of others - so easy to forget when there's a lot to be done.

Although I'm going to miss seeing everyone, a quiet four days at home sounds pretty good right about now. I think I'm running on fumes.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Old 11-17-2014, 08:37 AM   #259  

Height: 5'2

Nice work on the dress Liana! You look beautiful in it I have a sewing machine and an incredibly talented mother but I didn't get the sewing gene. I would love to be able to alter clothes since I'm such a short-*** and have to hem everything! lol
Old 11-17-2014, 09:23 AM   #260  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Good morning everyone;

Nice to hear everyone is well, working hard at maintenance. We are still having cold here -18C this morning so yes, getting all that water in is hard so trying to keep up with it. Its that time of the month so scale is up which happens every month for most of my life, 3-5lbs, have to work at not panicking every month though! ha ha Hormones are not fun. I was not feeling great last week so missed one of my gym days and a running day. But, I did manage to do Jilian Michaels 30 day shred and a good walk on the treadmill on Saturday. I am hoping to get to the gym today.

You look great Lianna, very talented with sewing. That is something I could never do but admire others for sure! Sounds like a beautiful wedding.

Hope you get some rest Ruth Ann! You need it! I'm working at a P1 day today too Jenny. No one ever is happy with their height Steph! I'd like to be an inch taller!ha ha

Vancouver Island is beautiful Westwillow. My hubby grew up there. Definately milder in the winter but wet too!

Eve; don't you just love getting into those smaller sizes? So much fun!

Hi to everyone else! I am wishing I had a tropical trip planned right now! But, don't think it'll happen this year. Dreaming is free though! ha!
Old 11-17-2014, 10:12 AM   #261  

S/C/G: 144/117/120

Height: 5' 2"

[B]Liana[B] you look beautiful in that dress. Sewing is not something I can do, can barely sew a button back on. You did a fantastic job on the alterations you wouldn't even know it is the same dress.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:32 PM   #262  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello Maintainers!!!!!!

Liana....you and your hubby looked lovely! Love the dress!!! Were those cowboy boots on the bridemades?

RuthAnn.....Sounds like you need a SERIOUS rest and reboot!

Stephascope.....I hear ya on needing everything hemmed! I am not QUITE 5'4" and have short legs. Almost too tall for petite clothes and too short for regular. Waaaaah!

WestWillow....I'm finding my inner wimpdom this this year with losing all this weight. I'm c-c-c-cold! Looking to get a few more flannel shirts from Old Navy!

Hawaii......You are doing great with your workouts. I'm jealous! That water weight will be gone before you know it!

Jenny......Yes, I'm finding it harder to get my water in now that it's cold. I just want coffee! I think herbal tea is a smart choice. I may get some decaf coffee going, too.

It's a cold one here today....polar vortex....bah! I am so glad I stocked up on some winter gear early in the season. It's beautiful, though, since we got about 3" of snow yesterday. Puts me in a Christmas mood for sure!

I'm having a P1 day today. I think I may have found the calorie balance that my body needs for maintenance....but I'll admit, that it's scary to dance right on the edge of gaining. I am forgiving myself for not getting in the real work-outs I need this week knowing that next week I will be snowshoeing and hiking and swimming on our vacation. But that also means not pushing my calories any further.

I have a chipotle turkey breast tenderloin in the oven right now....smells delish for my lunch salad!

I really need to work more water in. My lips are starting to get dry, and my fingers are splitting at the nail beds from washing dishes/laundry. Water, water, water.....I need to drink lots!!!!!
Old 11-17-2014, 06:42 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Liana: Your dress is fabulous and you and your husband look wonderful together.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:18 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Thanks for the lovely comments, ladies, and the bridesmaid's boots were black knit UGG style with cream lace trim & bows. Serious dance fans in these families so there were very few high heels at this wedding, lol, and lots of those were chucked off after dinner to dance flat... lots of men & women, young & old did some pretty good line dancing too. Girls' dresses were black lace over satin. The photo is a bit fuzzy as I didn't want to be in anyone's way and just snapped it a bit too quickly.

Sounds like we all have to work on upping our water. Finally Safeway brought in Celestial Seasonings Sugar Plum Spice (my favorite seasonal) - so I got me a box!

Liana

ps: I also would like to be 2 or 3 inches taller. Almost 6 feet would be awesome, I think.

Last edited by canadjineh; 11-17-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:57 PM   #265  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Not a good day today. Wasn't that I ate too much, I actually didn't really eat. I had double my fibre toast with peanut butter for breakfast followed by an apple when I arrived at work. 1/4 cup of nuts at about 11 and then nothing until dinner. Now all I want to do is eat but I'm not even hungry. This lack of appetite is totally unheard of for me. On Saturday I wasn't hungry either but there was a buffet of food in front of me all day so I ate too much. It's obvious that I still have some issues!!
Old 11-17-2014, 09:01 PM   #266  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Thanks for the encouragement guys - I need it!

Laughing about nobody being happy with their height - I've always wanted to be taller, darn genetics!

evemomma - your lunch sounds so yummy! Reminds me I have a pork roast in the freezer. Time to pull that puppy out!
Old 11-18-2014, 07:22 AM   #267  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all: my phase 1 stint is going well so far. It's even fun to remember all the packet recipes. Had some pudding muffins last night

Liana: beautiful dress and love the uggs idea.
I too would like to be about 3" taller... 5'10" has always been my goal. Don't think IP can help me with that one. Ha!

Hang in there chipndip. I don't usually have the not-eating problem. I always keep protein bars/almonds etc with me, in my desk, etc. I think if I didn't eat all day dinner would be off the rails. I hope the rest of your week gets better.

Agree with all...Water when it's cold is harder... I drink lots of herbal tea. I like a peach one I found. Though I have to be careful not to add sucralose to all of them if I have several. I wish I could do the coffee RuthAnn - yum, coffee - but I'd never sleep. I do have to focus on the water intake - have always been 'dry' and take Zyrtec most days.

Turkey breast tenderloin...that sounds awesome evemomma. Anything special you put on that? Sounds like a nice crockpot dish.

Sorry about the TOM scale fluctuations Hawaii. I get them too. Maddening even though we know what they are. I am also getting more pms symptoms with it lately. Starving one day, insomnia the next, cramps. Just lovely. Can't wait for it to go away.
I'm also dreaming of somewhere warm and sunny. Wish I had a trip planned soon that I could focus on.

Have a great Tuesday all!
Old 11-18-2014, 08:08 AM   #268  
Started IP 04/22/2013

glad to hear your P1 days are going well vachinyc!

ChipNDip - I've had days when I just didn't feel like eating. I figure one low day here and there won't hurt me any more than a high day here and there will. I find my appetite goes away just before I come down with a cold, hope that's not the case for you.

Been cold here in the mornings but the afternoons have been sunny and gorgeous. Makes me want to get out and do yard work but, of course, it's dark by the time I get home.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:00 AM   #269  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi Maintainers;

Chip: I've actually had a couple days lately where I haven't been hungry. I keep thinking, 'whats wrong!', hee hee but I agree with Ruth Ann, I go with it. It probably isn't a bad thing having a couple days like that as they don't happen often with myself. As long as I'm not ravenous at night because then I'm in trouble!

Vachinyc: Yes, hate hormones! I have similiar issues as you! I've noticed with less carbs, things seem better though. And I think the exercise helps me too.

Ruth Ann: Don't you hate the shorter days? But, in a month or so they will be getting longer again. I don't like getting up to dark, it starts to get light around 8am.

Eve; your trip sounds so fun! You'll enjoy the break

I had a crazy eating day yesterday with eating too many carbs but at the same time I wasn't very hungry so calorie wise was probably on the low side. I'm going to have a more balanced day today and get that water in! Heading to the gym tonight so looking forward to that. Have a great day Maintainers!
Old 11-18-2014, 09:24 AM   #270  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Good morning all.

P3 is great !!! I just had oatmeal,banana, hard boiled egg, cheese stick, coffee, and of course water.

I am so glad P2 is over. I start p4 on Thanksgiving so the day after I am planning on a P1 day and hope that works out.

I have started a booklet of breakfasts with the calories,fat, carbs and protein counts. This way I can just look up a breakfast and know what to have with what. I suppose after awhile I will have this down to memory but right now I want to make sure I do it perfectly.

I never want to be fat again.
You people are great with ideas and insights on this P4.

Thanks Debby
Closed Thread