Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 06:54 PM   #196  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii69 View Post
Hey Chip! I hear ya! And yes, maintenance is all about figuring out what works best for each of us as individuals. It sounds like you are doing well.

This may be a crazy question and I think I know the answer but I have had organic oatmeal with a tbsp of peanut butter and stevia for breakie then decided that I shouldn't be combining the fat with the carbs. What do you think?
It was my understanding that Breakfast is the time of day where anything goes. Based on P3, trying to limit grams of fat to 15 was my assumption but combining fat and carbs is ok.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:09 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Thanks for your answer! Thats great! I am loving the oatmeal and peanut butter combo as it makes me feel full for so long and I needed a break from eggs!
Old 11-09-2014, 09:57 PM   #198  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Hi all, I am still lurking. I haven't been posting much as I am feeling conflicted. I did lose my weight with IP but so far in my maintenance the only rules I am following are fun day followed by P1 day so I haven't felt right contributing on the maintenance thread. IP has taught me so much and was the key to me getting the weight off. I am struggling so much with the fat carb ratios and they never seem to work for me. I am maintaining, actually losing through the week. Last weekend was more of two fun days and I was getting worried but today I'm at my lowest 153. I'm really just focusing on portions and staying at 1600 calories and trying not to overdue the carbs. I've convinced myself that just as there are lots of ways to lose weight there are just as many ways to maintain. I guess I will let the scale be my guide.
Hey Chip! I was wondering how you were doing. You sound like you are losing in maintenance and staying on top of your calories....awesome! I have been losing and am also trying to find a balance so I don't gain but don't really lose any more either.

The practice of carb/fat separation is a challenge. Of course, breakfast doesn't matter, so I can scratch the off my worry list! The only way I can make the "fat" meal work for me (easily that is) is to only get my carbs from veggies, or maybe very little from dairy or nuts. I generally do a salad at lunch with grilled meat of some sort and yummy extra fats such as evoo, avocado, nuts, and cheese. I've gotten to where I don't fastidiously count my ratios anymore once I surrendered to salad only at lunch (I used to try to add things like tortillas, crackers, etc).

For dinner, I find the carb/fat easier as I just eat "low fat"....I do eat more processed grains than some other maintainers, and my body seems to be do ok with this thus far.

I say post away here if it's going to help you stay accountable to healthy eating! Everyone has to learn how to work maintenance for themselves, so we all end up on our own specialized plan in the long run!
Old 11-09-2014, 10:11 PM   #199  
Evemomma

Happy Sunday evening, Maintainers!

Had a great weekend and on to P1 tomorrow....wahoo! I found today I just enjoyed snacking without any big "cheat" meal, but still was over on my regular calories and way higher in carbs/fat than I would normally be.

I FINALLY bought myself a new winter coat today! I found one I like that is more form-fitting than my huge coats from last year. I decided to get a medium, though, so it will still fit comfortably over bulky sweaters and sweatshirts. I got my order of warm clothes from Old Navy and did a little more shopping at Kohl's on Friday for a few sweaters to help get me through the winter.

I had a day of reorganizing cleaning closets, decluttering craft cabinet, cleaning the kitchen and living room....phew! I'm happily exhausted! I need to lose quite a bit of weight in JUNK from our house. THIS needs to be my next diet!!!!
Old 11-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I don't think I could stand having a salad every day as a must for my fat meal...
Although I can't talk much today as my ratios are a little off, more like 2:1 for both meals. But that worked fine for me early in maintenance so who knows.
I'm so cold all the time (but I was before IP too) I wish I'd get some hot flashes, lol. These days I have been sleeping under a quilt, two blankets (one of which is an Hudson Bay Point Blanket) and a sheet while dressed in a long sleeve T-shirt with a fleece hoody and sweatpants and wool socks. I also start off with a fleece scarf around my neck but 'get too warm' by about 3 am and unwind it. I think my husband has forgotten what my body actually looks & feels like, lol.
Is this not weird or what? Our room temp is 17C. Maybe it's the fibro. I know it screws up the heating/cooling system while exercising - my core temperature actually drops during and after exercise.

Liana
Old 11-10-2014, 04:22 AM   #201  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Hi Maintainers
Just popped on to see how everyone was doing & couldn't go to bed without wishing you well, Liana, with your first support group tomorrow. I really hope it goes well for you & that you do find some support there, if not right away then further down the road. Sending

And I hear you about being cold! Just climbed out of a hot bathtub so that I can go to bed warm. And bought a heating pad yesterday for my perennially cold feet. But your sleep attire leaves much to be desired, woman! Fibro or thyroid a possibility? 17 would be OK at night but too low for the day in my house - ? I am up to 22 in the evening & often under a fleecy blanket with fleece loungers & down booties. Sending

I will post more another time, but I do peek in occasionally & will do some catching up on these threads. It's good to see such positive postings.

Sending all around. Talk soon
Old 11-10-2014, 08:23 AM   #202  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Just a quick good morning! All is well, hopefully craziness will be reduced one day soon (we can hope, right?).

Don't know how many of you have seen this website but I love the recipes!

http://www.lowfatlowcarb.com/

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 11-10-2014, 09:46 AM   #203  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Just a quick good morning! All is well, hopefully craziness will be reduced one day soon (we can hope, right?).

Don't know how many of you have seen this website but I love the recipes!

http://www.lowfatlowcarb.com/

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
I just looked at that web site. It is our old friend Chef Verati. I also like the tools which include a Bmi ,Calorie counter and nutritional counters. The recipes are for one serving which I like better than his cookbooks. Everything in the cookbooks is for four so math comes into play.

I am in P2 and not loving it. I will happily go to P3 on Friday .

I need a high protein low card recipe for pancakes. I currently am using the crispy cereal to make pancakes. I would like to be able to use a regular grocery store for the items. Any suggestions? You guys are the pros and I am sure have all the answers. You people inspire me.

I do not email a lot but I do read your emails.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:22 PM   #204  
Evemomma

Good to see you, Westwillow! Stay warm....I hear you Canadians are going to be blowing some artic cold our way tomorrow!

RuthAnn....Hang in there and make sure you take a little time to pamper yourself (even if it's just 5 minutes). I checked out the site you linked....love that most of the meals are one pan dinners! That's what I'm talking about!!!!

NotSoFatAnymore....Hooray for P3!!!! I hated P2. In fact, I don't know anyone who said they liked (at least on the boards here). I use a website called "Running with Spoons" and enjoy several of her simple recipes. Some are gluten free, some sugar free, some high protein.

She has a greek yogurt/oatmeal/banana pancake recipe that I've use that is very good. I have made it with the bananas mashed in and also with banana slices cut into the batter as it cooks. I also plan to replace the banana with pumpkin for a different take (though you may have to sweeten a little more since bananas offer more natural sweetness).

I've seen a few recipes using protein powder but never tried. This recipe gives you natural protein from the oatmeal, egg whites, and greek yogurt. I use a lot of greek yogurt as a natural source of extra protein.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hi

At work till 8 tonight, doing an ADHD parent group we are week 2 of 6 tonight. The good news is the Dr is coming in to speak so my role is very minimal.

Eve, thanks for post the recipe, will give it a try this weekend.

Chip- I don't think too much about the ratios because I suck at math and the whole # thing throws me off when if comes to figuring out portions. I mix it up for breakfast and then stick fairly low carb (except for the vegies) for the rest of the day. I have at dinner it is a small portion and do what Eve was saying and go low fat. Whatever you are doing is working and post away.

Congrats Tryanny on P4.

I am on my second reset day, would like to see one more 1lb before I go back to P4. I went had some very yummy cheese on my fun meal Sunday and extra protein and carbs. My P1 yesterday could have gone better and I didn't get all my water in so thought one more day is ok.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:16 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

5 UP pounds after a 1.5 free day. Phase 1 today and most likely tomorrow. TOM is not helping with the water retention. Oh well, you play, you pay.

Jenny- sometimes free day is worth a couple of days Phase 1.

Chip- how you maintain is an individual choice. Posting just helps keep maintaining in focus.

Ruth Ann, sorry to hear that things are still crazy for you. Sure hope that things settle down soon for you. I will def. check out the recipes, thx for posting the link.

Not so fat anymore- I hated phase 2 also! Phase 3 seems like a party after all that protein.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #207  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi everyone,

5 UP pounds after a 1.5 free day. Phase 1 today and most likely tomorrow. TOM is not helping with the water retention. Oh well, you play, you pay.

Jenny- sometimes free day is worth a couple of days Phase 1.

Chip- how you maintain is an individual choice. Posting just helps keep maintaining in focus.

Ruth Ann, sorry to hear that things are still crazy for you. Sure hope that things settle down soon for you. I will def. check out the recipes, thx for posting the link.

Not so fat anymore- I hated phase 2 also! Phase 3 seems like a party after all that protein.
Paying to play is so fun!!!!!! Hope you have a great week!
Old 11-11-2014, 06:07 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hey Maintainers!

Hope you are all having a great day. I'm getting back into my exercise schedule. I hope to do weights twice a week, zumba once a week and run 3 times. I had a good run on Sunday which felt great and started doing weights yesterday. I am feeling my muscles today! Winter is definately here so the exercise will help me to deal with the cold days and eating healthy will help keep my energy up. It feels good to move again, now to keep on top of my eating and continue to be in control!
Old 11-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

Day 2 of Phase 1. Hoping the scale will be back at goal tomorrow. Enjoyed Greek chicken for dinner with the last of my homegrown tomatoes and an arugula salad.

Hawaii, your exercise regime is impressive. I keep using your sugar mantra to stay healthy food centered.

Eve, I do not mind one day of paying, but two makes me cranky
Old 11-12-2014, 03:41 AM   #210  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Late night seems to be my posting time...sigh.

Slip - envying you those homegrown tomatoes - hang in with your 2nd 'payday'.

Eve - I checked out your link & I will be trying some of those recipes.

Chip - good for you to be finding what works, even if it is unorthodox. Yes, please post, if you feel like it. I am going to start posting more of my food days, just to keep myself more accountable. But sounds like you are doing well.

Jenny - are you continuing to run after your big race??

Ruth Ann - wishing you breathing room - I am impressed you check in to say hello!

Starting to log my food with MFP again, as I am up a bit. Not drastic, but enough to keep me alert. I seem to be OK if I go over on fat, but my body won't easily forgive the carbs.

Will also up my exercise by walking to & from work 2x/week (30-40 min each way, with some serious elevation), run-walking 2x/week, 1 yoga class & adding a night with aquacises - Hawaii, you have inspired me with your exercise regime!

Day off today (Remembrance Day), so after the local ceremonies I came home & made some food for the rest of the week - sure helps! Garden will wait for the weekend.
Closed Thread