Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 12:11 PM   #121  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Happy birthday, Slip!! Have a fabulous weekend and trip!

Chip - Thanks for the feedback & insight, I've calmed down a bit and realized this is all a part of the process. It's comforting to know that others have had the same struggles I'm dealing with regarding the cheats. I did read Beck a few months back but maybe I will revisit. Also began reading Refuse to Regain but didn't get through it before I had to return it to the library. I think I'll check that one out again. Going to stick to my plan and hit P3 on Tues, Nov. 11.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:25 PM   #122  

Height: 5'2

Hi Jenny - I'm glad to hear you are replenishing with some extra calories. I think I misunderstood your routine. Pre-reboot I was running at least 3 times/week for 20-60 minutes. I have been very hungry on my reboot so I have only done 2 short runs so far. I was hoping to go out today for about 30 mins. I just ate my big Phase 3 breakfast so I will have enough energy for my run and will just have an IP drink when I get back. I may have to leave my runs for weekend mornings when I have more time. I'm just too hungry after work during the week.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SLIPFREE!!! Enjoy your free day! Sounds like fun!
Old 11-01-2014, 12:46 PM   #123  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Happy Birthday Slipfree!!!!!!!!
So glad that you are sticking with your fun plans for this weekend! I think that it's a fine balance to treat ourselves so that we don't end up feeling deprived and get back into the binge cycle that got to most of us pre-IP. Have a grand time!!!!!!!!

Stephascope, hope you have a great run! It's getting cool here (you northerners would laugh though). I always admire the runners I see out every morning in very cold temps!

Jenny.....hope you had a great Halloween! We did some early Halloween events, which was good because my daughter (gross out alert....avert your eyes if you are the sensitive sort), yakked ALL over the backseat of out car (and herself, and the car seat, and the new library books we just borrowed) yesterday. Gaaaaaaah! It was all I could do to keep myself from partaking (in said yakking) as I cleaned her, her clothes and the like, up). My magnificent hubby, who was supposed to work late last night, came home early and tackled the car. I love that man!

PishPosh.....You hang in there! This is not an easy process. I think all we new maintainers have times of panic, doubt, and just plain fear. It is scary to not know exactly how things will go. But, facing those fears head on is the BEST way to conquer them!

ChipandDip....You sound like you are getting into the P4 groove marvelously. I also enjoy my fun days....I like that they are a part of the plan. I know they keep my cravings at bay during the week.

Liana.....I read you were down to your typical weight range again. Hooray!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

I am now getting myself in prep-mode for our upcoming trip to Vail, Colorado for Thanksgiving week. We go every other year and stay with my in-laws in their condo. The good news is we mostly prep our own food, so I will have a lot of control of what I am eating. The bad news is that my hubby and I are often in charge of food prep for the WHOLE family (including my in laws and brother in law), so it's A LOT of work. I need to spend some time coming up with quick-fix menus that will work for me but also for everyone else (don't want to spend all my time in the kitchen).

Recently, I was wondering why I was feeling so overwhelmed with housework, and I reminded myself that I am cooking three times a day when I used to do once at most. I wish I could be more efficient, but I suppose that is just part of the trade-off of healthy eating!
Old 11-01-2014, 01:44 PM   #124  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Evemomma, I have two kids in rep sports both outside of the city I live in. I don't have a lot of time to cook. I have a few things that I can cook multiple portions of when I cook so I can freeze the others for quicker meals. Chicken cutlets (like chicken fingers) that I do and the kids can reheat them just like store bought. We also have a place called supper works here. They do all the chopping and you just measure and mix to cook or freeze at home. It's expensive though so With the same idea I mind I do it on my own. I add marinades to chicken or pork before I freeze so as it thaws it marinades to go on the grill. You can chop up all the ingredients for a slow cooker meal and put the frozen brick in the crockpot or thaw in the fridge overnight. I just made a big pot of veggie soup that I have portioned and frozen. Soups, stews, chili, casseroles. My parents used to go to Florida and leave all our meals in the freezer.

For me it's not the cooking I hate as much as the dishes!
Old 11-01-2014, 02:04 PM   #125  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Evemomma, I have two kids in rep sports both outside of the city I live in. I don't have a lot of time to cook. I have a few things that I can cook multiple portions of when I cook so I can freeze the others for quicker meals. Chicken cutlets (like chicken fingers) that I do and the kids can reheat them just like store bought. We also have a place called supper works here. They do all the chopping and you just measure and mix to cook or freeze at home. It's expensive though so With the same idea I mind I do it on my own. I add marinades to chicken or pork before I freeze so as it thaws it marinades to go on the grill. You can chop up all the ingredients for a slow cooker meal and put the frozen brick in the crockpot or thaw in the fridge overnight. I just made a big pot of veggie soup that I have portioned and frozen. Soups, stews, chili, casseroles. My parents used to go to Florida and leave all our meals in the freezer.

For me it's not the cooking I hate as much as the dishes!
What great ideas! Honestly, Chip, I think that's what a lot of my issue is also....those DANG ON DISHES!!!!!

I have two kiddos who are somewhat picky. What makes it HARDER is that I have a hubby who is also picky, also. Luckily, they all love veggies and fruit - just not the same ones. It's hard to make something that EVERYONE will eat or can tolerate as we deal with some food sensitivities also.

Pork tenderloin is something that works for me and the kids (hubby won't touch pork...but he can fend for himself). I need to get some more crock pot ideas going now that's it's getting cold out. I work three evenings a week, so hubby makes the dinner meals for himself and the kids, which are never on-plan for me. So that means preparing late meals for myself and OFTEN cleaning up dinner dishes from everyone (bah).

I need to make better use of my weekend to prepare veggies and meat for the week so things are as convenient as they can be. I am often so tired from the week that I crash on the weekend.

I did make some low-carb chili (small amount of beans, fire roasted tomatoes, lean ground beef) that can be fatted up with cheese and sour cream for a fat meal or carbed out with crackers and extra veggies for a carb meal) this weekend. It's little too spicy for the kiddos though....love me some cayenne....!
Old 11-01-2014, 05:22 PM   #126  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Day 2 on Phase 2, Phase 1 was easier. I was on auto pilot since I have been on Phase 1 for 8 months.

i am afraid I will gain.

DH is still on Phase 1 he has lost 115 pounds and wants to lose another 20 so it will 5 or 6 weeks left for him on Phase 1.

So it is me alone trying to do this,it is hard.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:28 PM   #127  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not so fat anymore View Post
Day 2 on Phase 2, Phase 1 was easier. I was on auto pilot since I have been on Phase 1 for 8 months.

i am afraid I will gain.

DH is stin P2ll on Phase 1 he has lost 115 pounds and wants to lose another 20 so it will 5 or 6 weeks left for him on Phase 1.

So it is me alone trying to do this,it is hard.
Hang in there! It's scary to do something new. P2 is a means to an end. You need more calories to properly maintain, and p2 will help you get there. You won't gain fat in P2..but you may be more bloated or have C issues that feel different. It gets easier!!!!
Old 11-01-2014, 05:33 PM   #128  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Thanks for the support, it is new and I do not want to fail.

Everyone is happy that I am doing p2 but p1 was safe.

Change is hard.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:08 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hello all!

Slip - yeah for doing your wi on bday and great that you are on target. Enjoy Boston and the lovely shopping and spa.

Eve - my DH does a nice chicken catchatorri in the crock pot that is full of vegies, that may be something that could work. Your trip at thanksgiving sounds like a fair bit of work prepping on all that food but like you said better to have the control over your own meals.

Pishposh- glad things are calming for you. If you have an e reader you can get refuse to regain on it and the. Will always have it with you.

Steph - how was your run today?

Not so fat anymore- congratulations on being on P2. Your husband and you have done awesome. You aren't along, you have all of us here to support you.

I'm a daily weigher an did not bother post Chinese food for dinner although it was pretty P1 and Halloween but will Monday. Went to the race to cheer on 5 &10kers from our group and it was freezing. They were running right by the lake, the same path I will be on for the last 11km. It snowed here this moring. Tomorrow's 1/2 will be my longest and now coldest run ever. Layering up but I'm sure I will warm up quickly. Thanks for all the support my friends for my running
Old 11-01-2014, 11:27 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Thanks everyone! My actual birthday is tomorrow, but I had a great day today. It has been a few years since I had a massage, sooo relaxing. Shopped Newbury Street and did not buy anything! Amazing.

Jenny, wishing you luck with your run tomorrow.

Eve and Chip, love the food prep suggestions. My life would be easier if I cooked ahead.

Eve, so sorry about your daughter's up chuck . Your husband sounds wonderful.

Not so fat anymore, my hardest Phase was Phase 2. I hated it! Too much meat for me, but the two weeks ended quickly enough. Keep striving for Phase 3. I think it is how we embrace change that makes it either positive or negative. Just think, if we hadn't made changes in our diet, we would still be stuck with our old bodies. I know you can do this!

Last edited by Slipfree; 11-02-2014 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:42 PM   #131  

Height: 5'2

Good luck tomorrow Jenny! 21 km is amazing! Tell us how it goes!

My run today was only 30 minutes and it was cold and rainy. Glad I went when I did though because it started snowing after I got back. Don't think I want to sign up for another 10k until I'm back in full maintenance though. It's feeling harder these past 2 weeks...

Good to hear you enjoyed your massage Slipfree
Old 11-02-2014, 12:59 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Howdy, all ... I've been doing IP for eight months and will be starting Maintenance on Tuesday, after losing ... um, this morning put me at -124.8 lbs, but the official weigh-in is Monday afternoon. I'm a little nervous....
Old 11-02-2014, 09:45 AM   #133  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Good luck on your run today, Jenny! I was going to take advantage of being up an hour early due to the time change and start my couch to 5k training but the wind is gusting up to 45 mph this morning and it's 40 degrees. So...not sure if it's the best time for it. Maybe tomorrow? Then again that could be the inner brat looking for an excuse, haha. My neighborhood doesn't have a lot of sidewalks though and running next to cars with the wind gusting like that makes me nervous.

Went through my winter wardrobe yesterday and purged a lot of sweaters and holiday dresses that don't fit anymore. My mom is on IP and slimming down quick, so I pulled out a few things I thought she might like that could get her through the winter season. Put what remains of my summer clothes away in storage...a total of 5 clothing items and probably 20 pairs of sandals. I am keeping one pair of shorts (they're size 12 which is the highest I think I'd ever let myself get again) and a handful of shirts and swimsuit cover ups that I bought off clearance this year. Gonna have to start saving for the 2015 spring/summer wardrobe or I'll be running around naked next year!

Last edited by pishposhappelsauce; 11-02-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #134  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Just getting caught up - wow you've been a busy bunch!

Life has been super stressful and busy but I've managed to mostly stay on track with maintenance and actually weighed in this morning at my lowest ever - not intentionally losing, just happened.

Managed to get to the store for clothes yesterday - I really needed sweaters, guess I'm going to rebuild my wardrobe one season at a time. Found some cute stuff (still not used to being able to shop in the juniors section), on sale of course!

Have a happy Sunday all! Taking it easy today except for making dh his favorite dinner and cupcakes for his birthday.

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 11-02-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:37 AM   #135  
Evemomma

Welcome Fearciuil!!!! Your stats are AMAZING!!!!!! You will do great in maintenance!

PishPosh. ...don't get blown away, sheesh! I am pretty much out of spring/summer clothes and only have three pair of jeans that I'm wearing to work even. Time to get some fitting work pants...I just wanted to see where my weight was going to steady out. I need tons of sweaters b/c i'm FREEZING!!!!!

RuthAnn....you take it easy! What a great birthday dinner for hubby. Mmmmm....cupcakes. I haven't ventured much to juniors yet.

Getting my hair cut and colored today. Yay! Good day for a fun day!
Closed Thread