Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 07:48 AM   #226  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning: thanks for all the support. It felt good just to say it all and then to have a plan that's much better than wringing my hands.

RuthAnn: you continue to inspire. Thanks for the hug. Sorry you won't see family for thanksgiving. Though sometimes it's fun to do something a little different.

Hawaii: I went back and read through some old threads and your notes when you were having a similar issue convinced me to own it and do something. Thanks!

Thanks for the hug westwillow. It's great to have everyone's support. I know I can do it.

Canadjineh: love that shaking finger. I suspect I need it for wine. It's never 'one glass' ... I think I need to work on that. ( swimsuit shopping - gah! I'm never ready)

Slipfree: thank you for the support and thank you for being one of those great people who teach. I can't imagine how hard it must be some days. Hope your year gets better.

Happy Friday all. Appointment today to pick up some IP food and get this P1 thing going for reals.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:49 AM   #227  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Good morning all !
I had my first P3 breakfast today. Two eggs, half cup of egg whites scrambled,toast with butter,medium apple,and string cheese. I will have to see what the scale says and how I feel during the day.

It looked like so much food. My DH is still on P1 ,he has lost 120 plus pounds and wants to loose another 16 or so. He wanted to see my breakfast which is hard because he has another four weeks or so to go before he can have it.

I wanted to wait to phase out but as a IP coach I needed to go through the phases and not wait for that magic number I carry in my head. I will lose 0.4 pounds so that my lose will 90 pounds. That I will do but at age 64 I do not have to weigh under 115 which is my magic number.
My clinic talked me into phasing out and said I can lose more weight if I want but to give myself a little time in maintenance and see how things go. I have a lot of loose skin so I am going to try toning up and maybe even yoga.
Maybe after six months my sagging skin won't be an issue and I can live happily weighing in the 120's. I vow never to weight in the 130's. That is my rumble strip that Dr. Wilkinson's term.
I am talking too too much.
How everyone has a great weekend.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:26 AM   #228  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi all, just wanted to check in. Half way through my first P3 week. Scale has been holding steady in the 162-163 range, hoping it will stay there. Enjoying the breakfasts but it's almost too much food, and I feel a little sick toward the end. Have been eating breakfast sandwiches + yogurt and fruit. Going to see if I can work in some denser foods so the volume isn't quite so much.

I've been having trouble sticking to the outdoor exercise, which comes as no surprise to me, I've always been a slug. It's been pretty cold here in the mornings and by the time I get home it's pitch black and my neighborhood isn't very pedestrian friendly. Thinking of joining the gym up the street, but $$. Then again, maybe I just need to suck it up prioritize my fitness over some extra spending money each month, just like I did with IP.

Anyway, hope ya'll have had a great week and have some fun weekend plans. Slip, sorry your class is giving you such a hard time. My mom is a teacher and she has had some years where she was just living from break to break, I know how stressful that can be. Hope things let up for you. Thanksgiving is right around the corner!
Old 11-14-2014, 10:37 AM   #229  
Start: 5/7/14

S/C/G: 205/137/145

Height: 5'6"

Today marks two full weeks of maintenance for me. I’m down 5 lbs from where I started phasing off. I eat mostly P3 with a little added fat at lunch, no added carb at dinner and low carb snacks scattered throughout the day. I have been trying to stay between 1500 and 1700 calories but think that’s probably too low for me. I walk 6+ miles/day during the week and have been doing the 30-day Shred daily.

I’m still trying to read through all of the previous Maintainers threads. I’m in the middle of Vol. 7 – somewhere in mid 2012. I’ve found lots of good ideas, information and inspiration.

It’s “donut day” again at work (donuts on 15th payday / bagels on the 30th payday). I went for it … and had an apple. The first apple I’ve had in six months and it was glorious. No lie, I loved it so much I almost ate the core and stem.

Hope everyone is keeping warm and staying focused. I know I’m trying!
Old 11-14-2014, 11:22 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Good morning Maintainers!

How nice to see so many posting! It starts the weekend on a good note as we all continue in our healthy journey of maintenance.

Slip: Congrads on the up lbs! I knew you would have no problem getting those off although doing P1 days aren't fun but a necessary thing to continue maintaining. Much better than weeks and months of P1 again.

tyranny: It sounds like you have got this! And good for you in choosing an apple and enjoying it so much! I love my apples too with a bit of peanut butter.

Pishposh; Yes, exercise is not always an easy thing but its worth the investment when it comes to our health. Walking can do a lot, start out slow and make goals along the way. I keep trying to do that.

Notsofat; Congrads on phasing off. I lost weight on all phases. And I remember that first P3 breakfast. It did seem like a lot of food but tasted wonderful. Picking a weight is tough as I too have compared myself to how much I weighed when I was first got married and younger ages. I realize that I'm not that age anymore! And we all know what a happy weight that we can maintain is. Its very individual.

Vachinyc: Thanks for your kind words! This forum is what helps me to 'vent' and realize that we all go through the same thoughts and challenges at times and its truly this support group that helps me in making good choices everyday and work at maintenance. It helps to know that I'm not alone and I appreciate others suggestions when they are at that point of panic in knowing its time to get back in control again and get rid of those lbs before they are out of control.

Ruth Ann: Yes, that annoying 'panic' feeling but I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone in having it. I have to say, I am feeling much better after my reboot and the panic is going away. Not to say it won't come back but I feel more in control in what I can do if it does!

Chip: You are doing great. Keeping ourselves healthy will help us in the end be better at helping others. If we burn out, we are good to no one especially ourselves. But, its a challenge when you are used to helping which is a great quality but balancing it out with looking after ourselves is key. Thats easier said than done! hee hee

Hi Jenny, Eve, Liana,Westwillow and anyone else I may have forgotten. I read all of your posts, they truly are what help me! Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 11-14-2014, 12:06 PM   #231  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post

I've been having trouble sticking to the outdoor exercise, which comes as no surprise to me, I've always been a slug. It's been pretty cold here in the mornings and by the time I get home it's pitch black and my neighborhood isn't very pedestrian friendly. Thinking of joining the gym up the street, but $$. Then again, maybe I just need to suck it up prioritize my fitness over some extra spending money each month, just like I did with IP.
I'm not maintaining yet but I lurk here often, especially now that I hit 10lbs to goal - won't be long now!

Pishposh - I have the same issue getting outside to exercise when it's cold (and many times when it's not!). A friend told me that Leslie Sansone has FREE videos on YouTube....it's basically walking in your living room with a little bit of old-school aerobics thrown in to keep your heart rate up. She has a 2-mile, 3-mile and 4-mile program, I've tried the 2 mile and it IS a pretty good workout! Might be just the thing to save you Gym $$ but still get you moving until the nicer weather

Here's the link to all of her videos on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...alk+full+video
Old 11-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

I am nearing my end to P3 and loving it! I can't wait for maintenance! I am reading the maintenance threads every day and it helps so much with getting my menus together, etc! I can't wait to join you all!
Old 11-14-2014, 07:30 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Vachinyc-I'm so glad you posted your struggles, a lot of what you wrote resignated with me. I think the first few months of maintenance can be easier because it's exciting but then we lose track. Good for you for getting back on track and stopping at 10lbs and not the 60lbs. For sure post your struggles and know that no one is judgeing and we are all supporting each other.

Hawaii- your running is really coming along. I am not looking forward to -20.

Eve- love your daughter shaking her hips. Mine shakes her bootie all the time. When do you head off to Colorado?

Slip- Sounds like you had a busy week with your 30 kids, yikes. Good for you for not losing yourself and eating the Ben and Jerry's. It sounds like a huge year you are having. Hang in there.

Westwillow - how was your walk to work day?

Ruth ann- That's great your back to your PT, take it easy as you get back into it.

Chip - I know from an earlier post that you are busy working and then have 2 or 3 kids at home who are very busy, I can't imagine how hard that it to keep up with all that and do the food prep etc. it's true, in maintenance we still need to prioritize us and you deserve to keep looking after yourself. I find I buy a lot of the bagged salads just for convience and variety, i send the extra money but in the end i stay on track. Can you do your meals when the kids make their lunch?

Not so fat anymore - Congrats on P3, your breakfast sounds yum.

Pishposh- can you get an exercise buddy to go out with you at night? If you do don't forget your reflective wear. Do whatever is going to work for you, if it's too cold you won't go outside so maybe the gym is worth it. I have never been good at exercising in my own home. I do stretching now but need the gym.

- Tyranny - congrats on your first 2 full weeks of maintanence. It sounds like you are exercising a lot, do you need to increase your calories or take protein shake after?

Sally- Congratulations on coming to the end of P2

Busy week so it was great to catch up with you all, sorry for the long post.
I went to Lulu Lemon today, it's an over priced athletic store, to get a scarf to warm the air when i run. Tried on a great pair of running pants for the cold. Anyway, i told the girl how much weight I'd lost and after I agreed to buy the pants she came back with a bag and said "here it's our gift to you" because I'd gotten healthy. My eyes water. I was so touched and at a loss for words. How generous and thoughtful and totally unexpected.

I'm going to try to post a before and after pic.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:43 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I'm not maintaining yet but I lurk here often, especially now that I hit 10lbs to goal - won't be long now!

Pishposh - I have the same issue getting outside to exercise when it's cold (and many times when it's not!). A friend told me that Leslie Sansone has FREE videos on YouTube....it's basically walking in your living room with a little bit of old-school aerobics thrown in to keep your heart rate up. She has a 2-mile, 3-mile and 4-mile program, I've tried the 2 mile and it IS a pretty good workout! Might be just the thing to save you Gym $$ but still get you moving until the nicer weather

Here's the link to all of her videos on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...alk+full+video
I am a big fan of Leslie Sansone. Her videos are great! I have 2 of them. You can also get them on Amazon. I used the one that has a total of 5 miles walking but they are broken up into 1 mile increments. Each one lasts about 12 minutes and you can really get your heart rate up. It's a full body work out as well. Once I get to P2 I'm back at it for cardio as well as throwing in some strength training. I'm hoping that won't be too much longer. 10 lbs to go. No drop so far this week.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:01 PM   #235  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Busy week so it was great to catch up with you all, sorry for the long post.
I went to Lulu Lemon today, it's an over priced athletic store, to get a scarf to warm the air when i run. Tried on a great pair of running pants for the cold. Anyway, i told the girl how much weight I'd lost and after I agreed to buy the pants she came back with a bag and said "here it's our gift to you" because I'd gotten healthy. My eyes water. I was so touched and at a loss for words. How generous and thoughtful and totally unexpected.

I'm going to try to post a before and after pic.
Jenny! Did they give you the pants for free!? That's awesome!!! I really hope you post your before/after pics. You have done such an awesome job with IP and your running. I bet you're a hot babe
Old 11-14-2014, 08:01 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

The day was better. The kid that went off on me yesterday, came to apologize. Thank you all for your support. Venting here has helped me avoid emotional eating.

Jenny, such a wonderful recognition of your effort. Made me want to happy cry.

Tyranny, great job choosing the apple. Sounds like a great start in maintenance
For you.

SallyE- your are almost there! Try to enjoy the transition. Introducing foods back into your diet can be so fun.

Pishposh and Not so fat anymore, I did not always feel good after a big breakfast. I settled into a routine of choices and made breakfast a little larger on the weekends. I am never hungry at 6:00 am.

Hawaii, thanks for always having faith in me!

Scorbett, congrats on you successful reboot

Vachinyc, hope the appt went well and that your UP pounds are gone in no time at all.

Ruth Ann, sorry to hear that your Turkey day plans changed. Hopefully things will settle down and you will enjoy your day.

Eve, how is your trip prep going? Any luck with the bathing suit?
Old 11-14-2014, 08:11 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

It goes without saying that my coach took the "after" pic with the backdrop of ideal protein food LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0285.jpg (32.7 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0254.jpg (26.3 KB, 73 views)
Old 11-14-2014, 08:14 PM   #238  

Height: 5'2

Holy smokes Jenny, you are fit. Well done. You deserve those overpriced Lulu's!
Old 11-14-2014, 08:35 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Jenny, you look fabulous!!!!
Old 11-14-2014, 08:39 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Wow Jenny! You look amazing!! And congrats on getting the free lulu's! I agree with Steph, you deserve it!!
Closed Thread