Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 04:16 PM   #286  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Wow - I miss a lot not checking in as often as I would like! Welcome to all the newcomers and hi daks! Good to hear from you!

Between work, home and PT I have been running, running, running. Doing whatever is easy for food but still hitting my goals so that is good. So grateful for this board for helping me figure out maintenance so that when things get super hectic I don't have to put a lot of thought into it. Now, I just need to work on cutting my coffee and upping my water.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:09 AM   #287  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi Ruth Ann; sounds like your life is hectic and that is one challenge in maintaining but you are doing great. And I'm with you on getting in more water. I'm drinking but its just harder in winter.

I'm having a pretty good week so far. I am trying to focus on a couple goals. I need to get more vegies and fruit, so should go and stalk up. And getting my water in. Its so dry here in the winter, I should probably drink even more! I'm following my schedule for exercise and it makes such a difference in how I feel.

Have a great day all you maintainers and those soon to join!
Old 11-20-2014, 08:43 AM   #288  
Started IP 04/22/2013

I'm with you Hawaii - regular exercise always makes me feel better! I have to hit the grocery store today - realized last night I have plenty of mushrooms, peppers and onions and that's about it for veggies (well, except lettuce). Time to re-stock!
Old 11-20-2014, 08:56 AM   #289  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey Friends!

Eek....carving out a little time to check in here as things have been CRAZY for me this week. I have worked until 8:30pm every night trying to fit in all my patients....tonight is my last late night before my trip....HOORAY!!!!!!!!!

My food is suffering this week for sure....bah! Good news is I haven't eaten off plan, but I just can't seem to get all my food in that I have planned for the day. Yesterday, I grabbed a very quick lunch from Subway - had a turkey sub as my carb meal (no cheese). It was ok....but I had a terrible stomachache last night after switching my fat meal to dinner. My tummy just doesn't do well with a lot of fat in the evening OR too much wheat (ugh, talk about carb loading with all that bread. I know my ratios were off yesterday...and the day before that I skipped dinner altogether and just had a shake.

Good news is most weeks are no so crazy, so I'm not going to be too hard on myself since I have yet to eat the entire container of Keebler Toffee/Pecan Sandies that are sitting on my kitchen counter, lol!

Welcome to all our new or transitioning maintainers! Love that this thread is so active as I know being with all of you keeps me honest with my food and exercise choices!

Still haven't gotten my bathing suit I ordered from Land's End....fingers crossed it gets here before we leave very early on Saturday morning. We shipped two HUGE boxes to our condo with most of our winter gear, so at least packing should not be such an issue since we're just taking a few suitcases with us!

Practicing my relaxation breathing these past few days!!!!!
Old 11-20-2014, 09:18 AM   #290  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Wow everyone seems to be dealing with a lot of stress and running around. But even though things are so crazy, you all seem to be able to keep things under control, which is so inspiring for those of us about to step into the great unknown of maintenance. Thanks for sharing your wisdom with all of us!

Evemomma, hope your suit makes it in time. Love that feeling before vacation, though it can be quite hectic.

P4 is right around the corner, I can't believe it! I'm trying to break down P4 in my head to simplify things. So basically, I'll keep P3 breakfast, one P2 meal with extra fat (fattier meat, more oil, butter, avocado, full fat yogurt, etc), one P2 meal with extra carbs (rice, quinoa, potato, whole wheat pasta etc), and add a carb snack (fruit, veggies, popcorn, etc.) and/or fat snack (celery w/ peanut butter, nuts, cheese, protein bar, etc.). I'll be aiming for 500 calories for each main meal and 125 calories for each snack. I know things might not line up exactly for each meal but I think those general guidelines will help me out.

Have been trying to plan out some meals as I'll be going grocery shopping this weekend, but it's definitely hard. Have bookmarked a few recipes and figured out how to add carbs or fat to adjust the ratios, but not sure how much cooking time I'll actually have my first week of P4 given the holiday and traveling. What are some staple items that you guys always have around if you're in a pinch?

Also, fun days: do you try to stay within your allotted calories and just don't pay attention to carb/fat separation or do you just not track at all? Thanks!
Old 11-20-2014, 12:45 PM   #291  
Evemomma

PishPosh....Yay for P4!!!!!!

You have the "P4 shorthand" idea down! The trickiest part is the carb/fat separation. Using MFP has been the most helpful for me in getting it right. What I normally do is plan my menu for the next day so I can see how the macros even out. It is a challenge to get in all the protein that keeps our calories high enough but our overall carb ratios lower....because of that, I think you'll notice that most of use use protein as a part of our snacks and supplement with shakes/bars.

I generally try to combine my snacks with protein: protein/carb (such as quest bar, nf greek yogurt with fuit, crackers and hummus) or fat/protein snack (cheese, nuts).

I have done fun days both ways: within my set calories and above and beyond. I record everything in MFP even on a fun day. I find that it keeps me accountable even when I indulge, and it teaches me why the foods I choose are FUN day foods. Knowledge is power.....being in the dark and secretive (to myself) is how I gained weight in the first place!

I do try to make sure I get in enough protein on fun days....I find it just helps me feel better. I also limit my calories to no more than 2100 (so 300 above my normal daily caloric intake). I have been doing fun days since I started maintenance in September and have not suffered any gains with my fun days. I feel like they keep me on plan during the week - and now that I have quite a few fun days under my belt, I find that I really am not craving indulges the way I was in P1 or in the start of P4.

Good luck!
Old 11-20-2014, 01:51 PM   #292  
Started IP 04/22/2013

evemomma - yikes you have a lot going on! Fingers crossed that your suit comes in. I have not yet ventured into swimsuits although I want to start swimming again soon (I love swimming). Someday I'll brave it.

pishposhappelsauce - Sounds like you are doing great planning for P4 - good job!

I try to make double recipes of things when I can and freeze a portion. Like if I'm making taco meat I'll double it up and stick one portion in the freezer for later. I try to keep pre-portioned chicken breasts in the freezer along with pre-made hamburger patties and turkey patties. Makes for really quick meals when I don't feel like cooking. I try to do the same with soups, chili, etc. but I haven't had a lot of cooking time lately so just doubling up whenever I can is really helpful.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:12 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I'm with you Ruth Ann, I like to make extra portions - only 1/2 as much cooking that way - and there are only 2 of us and there's always extra room in the oven, on the BBQ, or in the pans, so why waste the energy from cooking by doing only 2 portions. I like to have HB eggs on hand in the fridge, and little tubs of greek yogourt (but it may not work for you posh if your tummy is not happy with dairy). I also like my snacks with protein like evemomma.

Sending a Hellllooooo out to Mars, Maile, and 65x65 - hope you gals are all doing well and life is not throwing too much your way.
Totally jealous of the gals going on vacation, but our turn will come.... I just need a little patience. Nice work, not so fat, those ladies will be glad of your assistance for sure. Good going on the exercise, Hawaii! Say Hi to Hiker88 - hope she's doing well too!

Liana
Old 11-20-2014, 09:25 PM   #294  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hello

I don't know if it the cold weather or what but I'm having a hungry week and find myself reaching for extra snacks and being a little to lose with the portions. Twice I have eaten in the night which I have hardly done in a year. Then I get on the scale and when it has been up I think clearly it's broken. Unfortunately my eating off maintenance plan is showing and I'm up 2 I don't know if this week has been busier than others, perhaps. I know I also got a little lazy with putting my meals in MFP this clearly makes a difference. I have my wi tomorrow and although it is tempting to avoid and re book it I will go and the get back on track and work at maintenance.

I have my meals planned for tomorrow and this weekend should be be easy.

Have a great trip Eve, hope the swim suit arrives.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:02 AM   #295  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Jenny - I hear you! I think the cold weather combined with being busy (and maybe restarting PT) has me feeling the hungries a lot more than usual. BUT you probably didn't really gain 2 pounds in a week unless you ate about 7000 calories more than maintenance. I bounce between 130 and 134 pretty regularly depending on what I ate - sodium is always my big culprit. That and not getting enough water in.

If I'm up higher than I'd like more than a day or two, I tighten up my logging, really watch my carbs and really push the water.

It's really good that you're keeping a close eye on it - that's how you keep 2 pounds from becoming 20 pounds!

I am so glad it's Friday! Boss is gone all next week so I have three glorious days to get things done without interruptions. Well, except for those pesky clients.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 11-21-2014, 08:43 AM   #296  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Good morning everyone!

I agree Ruth Ann, sodium and carbs will make a person retain for sure and you can get back down by limiting those things for a couple days and focus on water. Not panicking is key and giving yourself a couple days to work on things. But, its great to be on it Jenny. And if a person feels that they are getting out of control, work at being more strict for a bit. Its a neverending thing. Its great to have each other to vent to and get support.

I hope that you get that bathing suit Eve! And holidays soon! Yay! Cabo San Lucas sounds great Liane. I've never been but I have heard wonderful things. And I've noticed the deals this year going there.

You sound organized Pishposh, you'll do well in maintenance.

I didn't have a great day yesterday as far as carbs but a friend invited me for lunch and of course most of it was very carb heavy and fried in oil. I can't blame her for my eating too much of it though. hee hee So, today will be a strict day and plan to get a run in as well. And get that water in. I've been having shakes for breakfast the last couple of days and I really like that. A lighter breakfast and it gives me energy. Have a good Friday everyone.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:12 AM   #297  
Evemomma

Good Morning friends!!!!!!!

My bathing suit came yesterday....yippee! And it fits! Double yippee!!! So glad that I got a smaller size even though it felt WAY weird. The swim skirt is almost nearly a little loose (hope it doesn't stretch in the water). Very happy with Land's End quality which includes underwire support. I have some unfortunate spider veins on my upper thighs that I may consider having zapped. When I was heavy, I had just resigned myself to NEVER showing that skin again....but who knows now?

Great to hear from everyone...

Hawaii: Your lunch sounds like it was a treat....good going on a plan to help you get back on track! I love that maintenance allows us to be flexible like this, though. It's hard to think about living on a strict diet forever and ever.

RuthAnn.....I do hope you get some relief next week with the big boss gone, lol! Especially now that you don't have to prepare for a BIG get together or traveling. Maybe there's a few shows you might want to catch up on?

Liana......Hope you are feeling better this week with your pain and your jaw. Do you have any vacations or traveling in the works?

Jenny.....Like RuthAnn, I have a pretty big weight range. I don't get concerned unless I hit my "current" high for more than two days. I hit my highest weight in three weeks earlier this week at 127.5....and then oddly, I hit my lowest weight ever (since IP) today at 124. I think that odd weight up was sodium and also ovulation (I was having a lot of pain that day). Sometimes I notice I go up to a higher weight before I have a bigger drop. So weird! If you are hungrier, maybe you can strategically menu plan some hearty snacks for yourself when the munchies hit. I find popcorn filling and also get satisfied by a nice piece of BabyBel cheese.

Eating still not great this week...admittedly skipped most of my dinner again last night as I didn't get home again until 9pm. Not a habit I want to continue, but better than the reverse of sucking down everything in sight (what I used to do before IP)!

Off to get my son ready for school and then to furiously get things ready for our trip! I will still be checking in with everyone here as I know it will help me stay accountable when traveling.

Happy Friday All!
Old 11-21-2014, 05:53 PM   #298  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

yay it's Fridaym

Thanks Ruth ann, Eve, and Hawaii - i know i probably didn't gain 2 lbs of fat and it is likely sodium and not enough water. I am 3lbs up from last weeks wi, which was my lowest where I phased off,157.5 this week 161. I am usually happy with anything under 160 and the scream number is 162. I told one of my closest friends at work who has been hugely supportive that I was up and P1ing it. Her response was not the greatest, calling my crazy to be worried about 3lbs and "you're not going to be one of those girls who weighs themselves everyday are you?" My response YES! People just don't get it if they haven't gone thru it.

EVE - that is awesome the bathing suit came. I'm envious that you need the underwire, my boobs are pretty much gone. Have a great trip and enjoy the family time.

Hawaii, hope you had a good run and great job getting back on track after a carb heavy day

Ruth ann, ahh well the boss is away....hope next week brings you some quiet days. It is reassuring that we all tend to go up and down in our range for sure 2 is better than 20. How long will you do PT for ?

Chip, Liana, Steph, Slip, Not so fat any more, Takers, and PishPosh, hope you have great end to the week.

I'm hoping to do 14-15km run tomorrow morning, I think it supposed to be warming up tomorrow. I hope the people in Buffalo get out from under all their snow. We are about an hour away, my husband commutes to Buffalo everyday for work. It isn't to bad where he is but horrible in many areas. 13 dead so far, many died in their cars. So horrible and sad.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:06 PM   #299  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Sounds like it's been a hungry time for most of us on here. Must be the weather, lol. Back at eating proper - I actually had a regular breakfast this morning, but I figured I'd better as I went to Aquacize at 10, then had a Vega protein shake after. Hang on Jenny, it's just a bit of water weight .

DH & I got our passport stuff sent away yesterday. The pix actually turned out pretty good, but I have a small trick of almost smiling so that I don't look grumpy and older in my driver's licence and passport photos. Instead of letting the features go slack (UGH what a horrid look), I ever so slightly open my eyes wider and lift the corners of my lips. At least I don't look like I've been dragged through a knothole backwards. I look more alert & ready for adventures, lol.
Since the gal at Service Canada assured us they should be arriving at our place in 3 weeks (5 at the latest) we went ahead & booked our Cabo flights & hotel. Now we are researching hikes to hot springs in the biosphere reserve in central Baja California Sur as well at a trip to the Cabo Pulmo Marine Park UNESCO reserve for some amazing snorkeling. I wish bubbleblower was online to guide our snorkelling choices, lol.

Whew, evemomma, glad your cute swimsuit came in time AND it fits!!
I hope everyone's weekend goes well! We are going to both shows of the Banff Mountain Film Festival this weekend (costing a bit of money, but so inspiring and energizing) and I hope to win some swag - I usually do, but my winning streak is a bit of a running joke around here. Last year I won a big gift certificate to a local outdoor equipment store, just in time for a needed new pair of great hiking boots which also happened to be on sale for half price. I do win tons of stuff all the time, but it's because I bother to fill out entries, phone the radio station, pay attention to the odds, lol. Lots of my friends & family are always saying they never win anything, but then again, they never enter!! Whadya expect!

Liana
Old 11-22-2014, 06:51 AM   #300  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Hi All,

Just checking in, my son-in-law has been away in Texas this week so for the last three days I have left my house at 5:45 to go watch my three grandson and get them off to school. My daughter is a teacher and her school starts at 7:15 so she leaves early real early.

P3 is going fine yesterday I was not planning on staying at her house but one of the boys was sick so I had to stay. I had an apple with peanut butter and I hope that was ok. My grandson was feeling better and asked for chicken Mac nuggets and doctor pepper so of course I got it for him. I got for myself two side salads and put a can of tuna on it with a packet of WH that I had in my purse.

I did this all on the fly and it worked great. When I got home I had a mint chocolate bar and then my usual supper.

I felt in control and felt I made good choices.

Off to work in 90 minutes at the IP clinic and to see my 5.2 lose friend and to introduce two new people to IP.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Closed Thread