Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

I am really struggling today. No exercise all weekend except little walks and small bike rides= not getting a forth pack and wanting to eat all day long. Exercise really controls my appetite but it is said not too, so I am trying that. I exercised when I did phase 1 the first time around, maybe a month and a half into it or so and lost, but the second time around or tenth...:S is soooo much harder. I could easily talk my way out of eating the first time, now it is a constant conversation in my head....angel/devil.....give me strength:S
Old 05-28-2013, 07:38 AM   #287  

Decided today that yesterday was too hard so I am going to exercise....if I don't lose then I will move to phase 3. I will add an extra protein packets or 2, but I need to exercise to help control my appetite and to get into the routine of exercising for when I phase off. I love exercising I feel better doing it, even on a restricted diet like this so that's my plan.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #288  

I agree on the exercising...it makes me feel better in so many ways. When I was doing P1 I exercised most every day and have always found that when I am regular in exercising I am not as apt to go nuts eating snacks.

I had a solid day of lo-carb eating yesterday so hope that continues through today.

I still haven't decided if I got down to a weight that I cannot easily maintain or if I am just being sloppy about things.

I am going to see what happens during the month of June and make a decision about what weight I want to maintain.

Hope everyone has a good one today!!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 169/140/130

Height: 5'3"

Have a great day everyone!! Yesterday I didn't do too bad, won't go into ketosis because I grabbed a handful of chips while I was waiting for supper to cook. I'm going to try again today but the weekend is getting closer so I'm still not sure it's worth ketosis. Also, after having a good day yesterday I gained a pound. Grrr.... I was removing old flooring and painting yesterday and every muscle in my body hurts today. Maybe I have water retention???
Old 05-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

We have all been there. I'm the same as all of you
Old 05-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

I am going to start reboot. I have gained 15 lbs but have refused to move up a size in my slacks. I figured the seams are going have to rip before I size up or I am going back on Phase 1. So far, I seem to be in a tug of war with the two options. Reading the thread is giving me some encouragement to opt for Phase 1. I will be posting more.
Brenda
Old 05-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #292  

Good luck Blueskywyoming on the reboot! I am about the same height as you, 5'10" and have put back on about a 5 pounds but it is enough that certain slacks are not comfortable to wear...I am currently trying to decide if I am "up" for a hardcore P1 eating plan for awhile or if the weight I got down to was too low...I got down to 145 and am now up to 150 which for my height is fine...I exercise most every day as well and my eating isn't all that "off" but getting 5 pounds off this time around seems almost impossible but I know I am not as dedicated to eating P1 as I was a year ago. Sigh.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:59 AM   #293  

S/C/G: 169/140/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm back down that pound, but not any extra! I ate some granola yesterday so no ketosis for me! I'm going to give it up for now and try again next Monday. I'm just going to eat smart and healthy for the rest of this week!
Old 05-29-2013, 12:02 PM   #294  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerdna59 View Post
Good luck Blueskywyoming on the reboot! I am about the same height as you, 5'10" and have put back on about a 5 pounds but it is enough that certain slacks are not comfortable to wear...I am currently trying to decide if I am "up" for a hardcore P1 eating plan for awhile or if the weight I got down to was too low...I got down to 145 and am now up to 150 which for my height is fine...I exercise most every day as well and my eating isn't all that "off" but getting 5 pounds off this time around seems almost impossible but I know I am not as dedicated to eating P1 as I was a year ago. Sigh.
Thanks Swerdna59. I am going to buddy up with a friend that lives by me. She does not want to start until after her vacation ending June 19.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

You really don't need to be in ketosis to lose. Especially when you are closer to your goal. Minimize carbs as best you can. Don't eat more than you need to satisfy your hunger.

It has taken me 2 years of experimentation to get to eating normal food with no bars or packets (excerpt in emergencies). I eat lots o veggies and protein and enough fat to feel satisfied.

I also exercise 6 days a week, and have found adding resistance training has definitely made my gym time shorter buy WAY more effective.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #296  

Claustin
I'm in mcmurray too!
I am similar. I am extremely muscular. I have exercised and lifted weights all through ip an in maintenance. My bodyfat is consistebtly in the 16-18% range. at 41 i am pretty happy with that.

Carbs like bread and rice and wine, my main carb vice, will cause me to retain water for a few days. Noticeably.

It is very hard to find satisfaction when you know you could find ways to make the scale move. I once went 8 weeks on full phase 1 with no loss during a reboot, eventually the scale dropped and by the end I was leaner than before.

I have found I can add a few carbs in post work out. And occasionally some berries with no issues.

At 145 I am an easy size 6. I could almost get to a 4, but after 2 years of maintaining I know this would require constant dieting.

Until January I maintained basically by doin phase 1 Monday to Thursday and then eating more carbs including the wine, on the weekends. My scale would go up at least 3 or 4 pounds on Monday and they would be gone on Thursday.

In January I decided to do something different. I can't live on packets forever. I am doing precision nutritious lean eating program and really believe by the end of 2013 I will have figured out how to make food work for me.

Maintains is just so much trial and error.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:39 AM   #297  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Mom, I really enjoy reading your input. I am struggling in maintenance, I've been on a 5 day binge, I'm not stepping on the scale I've been struggling with my job. I've been here 3 weeks and I already got negative input. The boss told me that they feel like I am "zoning out" in meetings. Like ok???? Please. I was in there for 5 hrs. Things like that have been bothering me. I really can't deal with stress. And kids. And husband and my home. Just allot. So I'm going on phase 1 today. It sux because I had a girls night planned Saturday night oh well. I really have to chill with food. That's about all I know.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #298  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Hey ladies! I'm baaaack! I phased off the first couple weeks of May. I've been sort of doing maintenance, sort of not. Some days I'll follow phase 1 except for a bit of fat at lunch and an extra snack or two at night/after work. Trying to avoid carbs as much as possible and doing pretty well except the odd day I wake up starving and want a full P3 breakfast. I started working out a ton, I was just doing pilates before, but am now doing bootcamp type classes and I can tell my muscles are retaining a ton of water. I haven't stepped on the scale because I'm worried about what I'm going to see. Clothes feel a bit tighter some days and then fine other days, again I'm hoping it's the water I'm retaining though. I have my WI tomorrow, so will have a better idea how well maintenance is working for me once I get measured.
My biggest challenge is after work or in the evening when I want a snack, I need to find a few options that are quick and easy. I was craving fruit yesterday after work but didn't have any fresh in the house so I grabbed a granola bar, and then a second - not good. I'm realizing maintenance is just like P1-3, in order to make smart food choices you really need to be prepared and have healthy food ready to go so it's convenient.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #299  

Being prepared is 99% of the battle.

Lexi. Stop the binge. Start tomorrow fresh.

Start looking for a new job. I bet a lot of your family stress is just the unhappiness from the job spilling into your regular life. We all make the wrong choices sometimes. Find something better.

I hope things improve. Stress hurts you mentally and physically.

Maybe you should plan to enjoy your ladies night. It can be very discouraging and frustrating to go out with friend who don't seem so concerned wth weight, fitness, etc and be "on the diet". Just try to stick to protein and veggies until then. Drink lots of water. Take some extra vitamin D. And keep up the Omega 3s They are supposed to help counter stress, anxiety and depression. Just like exercise.

Hug!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #300  

Great reading your post mom. I am assuming you lost ok doing P1 and exercising? I am working out weight training 3x a week and high incline treadmill 2-3 times a week. I worked out near the end I think of my P1 weightless the first time but not from the get go like I am now. Hope it works.

Lexi feel better, so sorry your having a rough go.
Closed Thread