Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #511  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
lol yep, I'm from the caribbean
I only use a little piece of one pepper though, not the whole thing

I found Curry Powder in my freezer! I asked my DH about it and he said "I think we have some in the freezer". Who knew!!! Can't wait to try it!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #512  

Good morning! Day 14 of my reboot!!! Down to 191.6...can't wait to see the 180s. Still around TOM...just patiently waiting for it to come and be over with so I can see how much it impacted my weight...

have a great day all!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #513  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post

I found Curry Powder in my freezer! I asked my DH about it and he said "I think we have some in the freezer". Who knew!!! Can't wait to try it!
awesome, let me know how it taste.
keep in mind the eggplant will melt so that thickens the sauce and makes it yummy and sweet. I usually use the chinese eggplant, the long skinny ones, or you can simply use the regular fat ones, they'r both good.

Congrats on the continued weight loss, you're doing great!!!! keep it up, you will be in the 180's in no time.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #514  

Quote:
awesome, let me know how it taste.
keep in mind the eggplant will melt so that thickens the sauce and makes it yummy and sweet. I usually use the chinese eggplant, the long skinny ones, or you can simply use the regular fat ones, they'r both good.

Congrats on the continued weight loss, you're doing great!!!! keep it up, you will be in the 180's in no time.
Can't wait to try it! Right now I have ground chicken I'll eat for the next couple of days. So sometime over the weekend or next week I'll give it a shot!!! Will let you know!!!
Old 07-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #515  

NE I made these tonight for supper along with pork, can you guess what they are? they were wicked good!!!A little burnt but I like them that way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3468.jpg (38.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3470.jpg (38.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3471.jpg (42.7 KB, 14 views)
Old 07-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #516  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

day 5 of reboot I feel so much better when I stay on plan.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:19 AM   #517  

Quote:
NE I made these tonight for supper along with pork, can you guess what they are? they were wicked good!!!A little burnt but I like them that way.
At first I thought it was tofu...but then I looked at the cooked version and it looks like a root veggie...hmmm...turnip??? You got me what is it?!?!

OMG I made the Curry chicken last night and am in love!!! I used the ground chicken and added the seasonings...made little meatballs using 8 oz. I browned them in 2 tsp of EVOO. Then I added 1 1/2 tbsp. of Curry Power! Then I mixed that around to cover the pan...then I added the chopped tomato and eggplant (it was a baby eggplant)...I sauteed for a minute or two...Then I added water and covered for 25 minutes. I noticed it wasn't thickening so I removed the chicken and cranked the heat to high and boiled the curry water mixture...It thickened within a few minutes. I returned the chicken meatballs and mixed for another couple of minutes!!!

I have to say that was the BEST dinner I've yet to have on IP!!! I love sauces and it was so tasty!!! THANK YOU so much for sharing!!!

Oh..I just had another thought..is that eggplant in your pics???

Last edited by New Englander; 07-12-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:22 AM   #518  

Good morning ladies!!! Day 14 of my reboot. Each day I feel more into this than ever! Thanks to a great dinner last night (Curry Chicken) I've been regenerated.

I lost 3.5 pounds during my second week. Can't wait to get into the 180's...will feel much better!!!!

Have a great day all!!!

Old 07-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #519  

Quote:
At first I thought it was tofu...but then I looked at the cooked version and it looks like a root veggie...hmmm...turnip??? You got me what is it?!?!

OMG I made the Curry chicken last night and am in love!!! I used the ground chicken and added the seasonings...made little meatballs using 8 oz. I browned them in 2 tsp of EVOO. Then I added 1 1/2 tbsp. of Curry Power! Then I mixed that around to cover the pan...then I added the chopped tomato and eggplant (it was a baby eggplant)...I sauteed for a minute or two...Then I added water and covered for 25 minutes. I noticed it wasn't thickening so I removed the chicken and cranked the heat to high and boiled the curry water mixture...It thickened within a few minutes. I returned the chicken meatballs and mixed for another couple of minutes!!!

I have to say that was the BEST dinner I've yet to have on IP!!! I love sauces and it was so tasty!!! THANK YOU so much for sharing!!!

Oh..I just had another thought..is that eggplant in your pics???
awesome, I'm so glad you tried it. When the sauces are this good, I don't need anything else to go with my meat or salad.

Good Morning Those are rutabaga in the pics. I panfried them with a bit of grape seed oil, they tasted like sweet potatoes, seasoned with paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper.

I weighed this morning and after 3 days I'm down another lb. Very happy to see that. Tummy feel nice and small (not flat yet). I am really wanting to stick to the plan as close as possible while away in BC. The only thing I've decided to have a bit of is fruit, some cherries in particular. Otherwise I'm sticking to low low carb as much as possible. I am feeling too good to have a set back right now.

Have a great day!!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #520  

Quote:
awesome, I'm so glad you tried it. When the sauces are this good, I don't need anything else to go with my meat or salad.

Good Morning Those are rutabaga in the pics. I panfried them with a bit of grape seed oil, they tasted like sweet potatoes, seasoned with paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper.

I weighed this morning and after 3 days I'm down another lb. Very happy to see that. Tummy feel nice and small (not flat yet). I am really wanting to stick to the plan as close as possible while away in BC. The only thing I've decided to have a bit of is fruit, some cherries in particular. Otherwise I'm sticking to low low carb as much as possible. I am feeling too good to have a set back right now.

Have a great day!!
Congrats on another pound lost!!!
When do you leave for your trip?

Do you boil the rutabaga first? I imagine if you went straight the pan it would take forever??? Let me know those sound delish too!
Old 07-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #521  

Quote:
Congrats on another pound lost!!!
When do you leave for your trip?

Do you boil the rutabaga first? I imagine if you went straight the pan it would take forever??? Let me know those sound delish too!
I leave on Monday morning, returning July 21.

I put them straight in the pain, cooked on low for around 35-40 mins. I like them a bit charred, when you stick your fork in them you know they're done. I really like them this way. So I throw the oil in, on high I let them "fry" for a few mins until they get some colour, then I lower it and let cook, keep turning them though cause they can burn easily seeing as you're not using much oil. Keep the stove on 2 (which is between med and low) on my stove anyhow.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #522  

S/C/G: 238.6/207.8/150

Height: 5"8

Hi all,

I was on Ideal Protein before and reached my goal weight. Due to things happening in my life, which isn't an excuse as we need to learn new behaviours and not resort to food as a coping mechanism, my weight has creeped back up again.

Any tips you guys have on rebooting?

I have been on plan for two weeks so far.

Thanks everyone
Old 11-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #523  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Hi Susanne,
Restarting is difficult, as I'm sure you know from the past two weeks. If you can, just try and remind yourself of all the positives from when you were at goal. Some days it's difficult, but just take it one day at a time, one pound at a time.

Also, there's a new Reached Goal thread if you want to post regularly. The support of this forum also helps! If you start posting daily you start to feel more accountable for your actions.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #524  

S/C/G: 238.6/207.8/150

Height: 5"8

knm Thank you for your response; do you happen to have a link to the reached goal thread?
Old 11-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #525  

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...e-else-27.html

try this
Closed Thread