Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hi ladies! Day 3 down. I made the cauliflower Bread sticks. The taste was great but they were light and fluffy with crispy edges so they need work. I also will try making them sweet. The texture seemed more like a pancake SO, I may add a packet of a sweetener and dunk them in WF Pancake syrup. I'm a dunker and cheese fan so I think the bread sticks will be great in P4.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hope you're all doing great!!!

SaraBean Great to see you!!! Well, you know what I mean! Have fun at the concert! Mom and I are planning a day trip to Providence for the Italian food...She's heading to Newport this fall with her sisters. If you have any recommendations on great eateries I'd love to pass them on to her!

swerdna59 You will be down so fast your head will spin!!! Get going and keep at it!!!

Hgamroth Doesn't sound silly at all! My motivation after the new year was a trip to Ireland with my mom. It was my third time and the other two I was morbidly obese! I was so happy to have photos taken with a healthy me!!! Enjoy your cute skirt and boots!!! WOO HOO!!!

Sunflower40 Pure protein is the one I could not remember for the life of me!!! Good one! When you get the shakes just make sure they're the low carb ones. I didn't realize that 'til someone pointed it out on here. You won't die if they don't carry low carb but they are preferred. I know how you feel about sizes. I think we're all in the same boat. I was an 8 now I'm a 12...oops I'd be happy at a 10! Soon!
Old 06-15-2013, 08:24 AM   #377  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Hi ladies! Day 3 down. I made the cauliflower Bread sticks. The taste was great but they were light and fluffy with crispy edges so they need work. I also will try making them sweet. The texture seemed more like a pancake SO, I may add a packet of a sweetener and dunk them in WF Pancake syrup. I'm a dunker and cheese fan so I think the bread sticks will be great in P4.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hope you're all doing great!!!

SaraBean Great to see you!!! Well, you know what I mean! Have fun at the concert! Mom and I are planning a day trip to Providence for the Italian food...She's heading to Newport this fall with her sisters. If you have any recommendations on great eateries I'd love to pass them on to her!

swerdna59 You will be down so fast your head will spin!!! Get going and keep at it!!!

Hgamroth Doesn't sound silly at all! My motivation after the new year was a trip to Ireland with my mom. It was my third time and the other two I was morbidly obese! I was so happy to have photos taken with a healthy me!!! Enjoy your cute skirt and boots!!! WOO HOO!!!

Sunflower40 Pure protein is the one I could not remember for the life of me!!! Good one! When you get the shakes just make sure they're the low carb ones. I didn't realize that 'til someone pointed it out on here. You won't die if they don't carry low carb but they are preferred. I know how you feel about sizes. I think we're all in the same boat. I was an 8 now I'm a 12...oops I'd be happy at a 10! Soon!
they only had the chocolate ones so I bought 4 of those and 4 Atkins shakes (will only drink those as a restricted for the day cause I know they're high). Looking forward to starting back on Monday full swing. Atleast for the next 4 weeks anyhow, if I could get my weight back to 140 for that wedding I'll be one happy camper. I actually don't feel all that bad at 140 but my ultimate goal is 130 (someday)
Old 06-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #378  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
they only had the chocolate ones so I bought 4 of those and 4 Atkins shakes (will only drink those as a restricted for the day cause I know they're high). Looking forward to starting back on Monday full swing. Atleast for the next 4 weeks anyhow, if I could get my weight back to 140 for that wedding I'll be one happy camper. I actually don't feel all that bad at 140 but my ultimate goal is 130 (someday)
Monday it is!!! Get ready!!! Can't wait to have you going 110%!!! You'll do great! Sounds like you're prepped and ready to go!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #379  

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Monday it is!!! Get ready!!! Can't wait to have you going 110%!!! You'll do great! Sounds like you're prepped and ready to go!!!
Yeah I'm carbing up til then LMAO
it's probably the last thing I need to be doing but I'll be strict for atleast a month after that
Old 06-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #380  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
Yeah I'm carbing up til then LMAO
it's probably the last thing I need to be doing but I'll be strict for atleast a month after that
LOL!!!! I made my hubby a pepperoni roll, tuna fish with red peppers and carrots, and cold peanut noodles! Now I'm dying to take a piece of the roll!!! ugh!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #381  

well I had cake and sandwiches yesterday at a bday party so today I feel yuck, so I'm anxious to start tomorrow!!
Phase I here we come. Le'ts keep each other ac****able. I can't wait to see a 14 on the scale next week

Last edited by Sunflower40; 06-16-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #382  

Good Afternoon! I have been doing really well for the past 3 days and can already tell it's making a difference...just needed to be more mentally ready for getting back to the basics I guess. I am staying off the scale until I get home from a work-related trip so will weigh myself on Saturday morning and see how my reboot week #1 went! Not sure what changed my attitude or mood about what I was eating but I think I just didn't want to undo all of my hard work last summer plus I didn't want to have to buy all new work slacks once school started this fall either. I know that they say you shouldn't exercise on IP but except for maybe the 1st 2 weeks of my journey last spring 2012 I have done "IP" with "real" food except for Pure Protein bars and EAS Lean 15 Protein Powder and have exercised almost daily. I recently tried a spinning class and found something I like and never thought I would. I cannot imagine trying to lose weight or maintain it without exercising so that is just what works for me both mentally and physically. All I know is if I cut out the carbs that get me off track (rice, snack crackers, chocolate, etc.) and stick to protein and veggies I stay full and satisfied...I also do a lot of boiled eggs for lunches which is so easy, filling and inexpensive! Hope everyone is having a great Father's Day...we had family over yesterday and grilled steaks and so I had that and raw veggies...very easy to stay on track and wasn't even tempted by the pasta salad or corn on the cob or Texas toast...not even the dessert...very proud of myself. Here's to keeping on the reboot path! WOO HOO!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #383  

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerdna59 View Post
Good Afternoon! I have been doing really well for the past 3 days and can already tell it's making a difference...just needed to be more mentally ready for getting back to the basics I guess. I am staying off the scale until I get home from a work-related trip so will weigh myself on Saturday morning and see how my reboot week #1 went! Not sure what changed my attitude or mood about what I was eating but I think I just didn't want to undo all of my hard work last summer plus I didn't want to have to buy all new work slacks once school started this fall either. I know that they say you shouldn't exercise on IP but except for maybe the 1st 2 weeks of my journey last spring 2012 I have done "IP" with "real" food except for Pure Protein bars and EAS Lean 15 Protein Powder and have exercised almost daily. I recently tried a spinning class and found something I like and never thought I would. I cannot imagine trying to lose weight or maintain it without exercising so that is just what works for me both mentally and physically. All I know is if I cut out the carbs that get me off track (rice, snack crackers, chocolate, etc.) and stick to protein and veggies I stay full and satisfied...I also do a lot of boiled eggs for lunches which is so easy, filling and inexpensive! Hope everyone is having a great Father's Day...we had family over yesterday and grilled steaks and so I had that and raw veggies...very easy to stay on track and wasn't even tempted by the pasta salad or corn on the cob or Texas toast...not even the dessert...very proud of myself. Here's to keeping on the reboot path! WOO HOO!!!
I can't wait to get started myself tomorrow and get past day 3, I'm dreading it. I also love to exercise and have rejoined the gym recently. Are you saying that you plan to continue exercising while on Phase I? because I was thinking that once I get past the first week I will like to exercise and see how I feel. I can't imagine not exercising again, now that I have found my groove back at the gym, but it does not help me lose weight and I need to lose atleast 10 by July 20th.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #384  

Yes, I plan to continue to exercise as much as I can, I just know it makes a difference for me and my experience was it did not hinder how I lost weight last summer...I started on 5/3/2012 and lost about 25 pounds by the end of June 2012...I did get down to 140 pounds for a very short-lived period of time but for awhile was able to hover around 145 and then it went up to about 150 and lately, it was inching up and up...so I knew I had to do something or I was going to undo it all! So, I am back to my version of P1 which is fairly consistent with the official IP protocol but w/o their food, too expensive...and yes, I exercised all last year while I was losing and into maintaining...I know what others will say about exercising but for me I have to do that for a variety of reasons so it's what I can figure out what works for me. I just got way off track for about 2 months and luckily I know P1 can get me back down fairly fast. Not sure what derailed me but just a variety of things and then it's very easy to get back into the mindless snacking...that is what does me in. So, if I focus on having my EAS Lean 15 protein smoothie for breakfast, boiled eggs or protein/veggies for lunch and same for dinner and then a Pure Protein bar for snack if I need it, the magic of IP does happen. I am almost 54 years old, 5'10" and found a weight of about 145 was fairly easy for me to maintain for almost 9 months I guess, then it just got off track...so I am back on P1 trying to get those 5-8 pounds back off. I think my fun day turned into DAYS and that meant any weight gained from a fun day stuck more on me because it was DAYS not a day. Sorry for rambling on here...
Old 06-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #385  

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerdna59 View Post
Yes, I plan to continue to exercise as much as I can, I just know it makes a difference for me and my experience was it did not hinder how I lost weight last summer...I started on 5/3/2012 and lost about 25 pounds by the end of June 2012...I did get down to 140 pounds for a very short-lived period of time but for awhile was able to hover around 145 and then it went up to about 150 and lately, it was inching up and up...so I knew I had to do something or I was going to undo it all! So, I am back to my version of P1 which is fairly consistent with the official IP protocol but w/o their food, too expensive...and yes, I exercised all last year while I was losing and into maintaining...I know what others will say about exercising but for me I have to do that for a variety of reasons so it's what I can figure out what works for me. I just got way off track for about 2 months and luckily I know P1 can get me back down fairly fast. Not sure what derailed me but just a variety of things and then it's very easy to get back into the mindless snacking...that is what does me in. So, if I focus on having my EAS Lean 15 protein smoothie for breakfast, boiled eggs or protein/veggies for lunch and same for dinner and then a Pure Protein bar for snack if I need it, the magic of IP does happen. I am almost 54 years old, 5'10" and found a weight of about 145 was fairly easy for me to maintain for almost 9 months I guess, then it just got off track...so I am back on P1 trying to get those 5-8 pounds back off. I think my fun day turned into DAYS and that meant any weight gained from a fun day stuck more on me because it was DAYS not a day. Sorry for rambling on here...

sounds like you have an excellent plan, I'm sure you'll do well, keep us posted. What type of exercise do you do and for how long and how often?

I am also using some alternatives, but still have a few IP shakes and bars I will finish out before buying others.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #386  

S/C/G: 169/140/130

Height: 5'3"

Today is my day 1 on phase 1. I have to be successful this time! I have one week until I'm on a 1 week church project where eating my own foods will be tricky, especially since I'm the lunch lady! Thanks for the advice and help! Hopefully I'll be in a place to help others soon!
Old 06-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #387  

S/C/G: 169/140/130

Height: 5'3"

So frustrating! Just ate handfuls of Reese's pieces. Blah.....
Old 06-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #388  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Lori, just curious but are your stats correct? If they are you are two pounds below goal, so why are you rebooting?
If you read DR Tien's new book phase 1 was not meant to be long long term, so a handful of Reece's pieces should not upset the applecart.

Maybe I missed something as to why you are rebooting.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #389  

First day of Phase I and so far so good.
I think tomorrow will be bad from withdrawals, but today was fine. Won't weigh until next Monday as I'm not a daily weigher. Here's to day two!!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #390  

Height: 5'4"

I havent been able to get on here in a while. I survived camping on Phase 1 although I did have more meat one day. I also goofed and had 2 restricteds today grrrrr. My weight is still going down slowly so I cannot complain. Hope everyone is doing well. NewEnglander where are you? :0)
Closed Thread