Old 05-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #271  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

Oh and I've added you three to my buddy list
Old 05-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Sunflower 135 was my all time lowest in adulthood as well.......overweight all my life. I would love to get to 130 too, but wow I would take 140 right now:s. I too think about food ALL day long which is why I am researching IE, and non restriction eating.....trying to find a good healthy relationship with food....maybe have a plan in place for when I phase off?? I feel like it is wishful thinking because I have had an unhealthy relationship with food since literally elementary school....I remember as early as grade 5 or before. It is a tough journey for sure. I am hoping to survive my girls weekend away this weekend. Everyone thinks the drinking is a hard one to stay away from.....I could care less about alcohol....eating is the issue. I just keep thinking I stayed on plan the first time for like 24 weeks......many occasions in the mix.....I can do it again, especially since the scale has moved!

Claustin, do you workout regularly on IP and if so do you have an extra packet?
Old 05-26-2013, 10:43 PM   #273  
My Own Worst Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Sunflower 135 was my all time lowest in adulthood as well.......overweight all my life. I would love to get to 130 too, but wow I would take 140 right now:s. I too think about food ALL day long which is why I am researching IE, and non restriction eating.....trying to find a good healthy relationship with food....maybe have a plan in place for when I phase off?? I feel like it is wishful thinking because I have had an unhealthy relationship with food since literally elementary school....I remember as early as grade 5 or before. It is a tough journey for sure. I am hoping to survive my girls weekend away this weekend. Everyone thinks the drinking is a hard one to stay away from.....I could care less about alcohol....eating is the issue. I just keep thinking I stayed on plan the first time for like 24 weeks......many occasions in the mix.....I can do it again, especially since the scale has moved!

Claustin, do you workout regularly on IP and if so do you have an extra packet?

I try not to exercise because I was told it will hinder/slow weight loss. I do have two young girls (5&3) so we go for walks around the block or a small bike ride but try not to do much more then that. This week me and a neighbor walked 5 km and I was so hungry the next day I had an extra packet. But when I weighed in the morning the scale never moved. So I don't know if it was the walk or the extra packet?! I weighed everyday this week just to make sure I lost the 8-10 lbs I put on from my "leave". I don't normally weigh in between weigh ins. But I was nervous and scared and curious lol it went down every single day, today included but that day I walked and the next day I added the packet so I know something on those 2 days effected it.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

The trouble I have with strict Phase I is, yes you lose the weight, but once you incorporate carbs, even small amts, you gain so easily. I can do strict Phase I for 5 days and go from 150-145. But I can just as easily go from 145-150 by eating a few carby meals on the weekend, which is what I did and now I'm scared to step on the scale lol. I weighed on Friday, I only weight once per week btw, and I was 147, but I had rice this weekend, a little too much bread and fruit so I know I must be back at 150 again. I will do Phase I for 5 days and get back to 145 by Friday, atleast I hope so.

I need to get to 140 atleast by July 2nd, as I have a wedding to attend. I'm going to try and do strict Phase I after this week to atleast get to 140, not sure I will continue after that though, I want to not use packets again, I want to eat fruits, I want to eat bread, I want to eat healthy basically, but not sure I can do that without being 150 all the time.

Sighhhhhhh this sucks lol
Old 05-26-2013, 10:58 PM   #275  

Claustin where in Alberta are you? I'm from Edmonton...
Old 05-26-2013, 11:00 PM   #276  
My Own Worst Enemy

We sound so much a like. It's like reading my own thoughts. I am a carb person. Home made bread, rice (mmmmm) pasta, fruit (mmmm). It's so hard. My coach told me when I'm done the packets I'll have to limit carbs to once or twice a week max or I'll gain it all back faster then I lost it. I am not looking forward to it either. But I can do phase one for a week to loose 10 lbs!! IF it works like that everytime haha
Old 05-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #277  
My Own Worst Enemy

I'm in mcmurray
Old 05-26-2013, 11:05 PM   #278  

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post
We sound so much a like. It's like reading my own thoughts. I am a carb person. Home made bread, rice (mmmmm) pasta, fruit (mmmm). It's so hard. My coach told me when I'm done the packets I'll have to limit carbs to once or twice a week max or I'll gain it all back faster then I lost it. I am not looking forward to it either. But I can do phase one for a week to loose 10 lbs!! IF it works like that everytime haha
It would take me 4 weeks to get to 140 again, the first week I would lose 5, then another 3 weeks to lose 5 more.

I just love food period!! and it's not like I eat unhealthy, I have the brown rice, I have the rye bread with salmon and tuna and lots of veggies, I have the sweet potatoes instead of the white, but it's not enough. I could probably maintain at 150 eating this way, but I won't lose weight.

We can't give up! Looking good is worth it. Having your husband love you just the way you are is not enough, we have to love ourselves the way we are and for now I don't. Period.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:05 PM   #279  

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post
I'm in mcmurray
oh making lots of money up there lol
Old 05-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #280  

Have you guys tried not using packets at all? instead doing more of an Atkins style of diet. Low carb, but cutting back on the fats/calories.

I did Atkins for a couple of weeks and was averaging 2000 calories a day (wasn't doing low fat) and never gained an oz. It was all low carb choices though, I ate eggs, avocado, bacon, all types of meat, cheese, olives, veggies (no carrots or corn) and didn't gain weight.

Hmm maybe I should give that a try again, except this time use low fat cheeses and turkey bacon.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #281  
My Own Worst Enemy

I eat healthy normally to. Usually my period week I tend to crave bad things lol but the other 3 weeks a month is well balanced. I have tried to maintain around 1200-1400 calories a day and that didn't work, I eat a nice healthy big breakfast then only snack on fruit or raisins or veggies and healthy lunches/suppers. But it doesn't matter. It's like my body wants to be at 150. I don't go over it much. I was 152 for most my late teens to last year. But it's being in the 130's that's a struggle. I feel best in the 130's but I'm so tired of the struggle.

I'll stick it out though. I'm debating now weather to phase off tomorrow or give phase 1 one more week. I think I'll let the scale decide. If I'm 136 still I'll phase off. But if I'm 135 or less ill give it one more week and decide then. Tomorrow is week 5 for me. I said 8 weeks when I started. But we'll see.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:16 PM   #282  
My Own Worst Enemy

Haha yes making the money lol I lucked out and get to work from home I get to raise my kids myself and still make decent/excellent money my hubby works at the plants as a welder so excellent job there too.

My friends have done Atkins. But I have never really looked into the program at all. I have a problem with textures and things lol I don't like dairy. I don't like fish or red meat. I do love eggs and chicken (my basics) and the only veggies I eat is broccoli, carrots, cucumber & cauliflower. So I find most diets hard to stick to
Old 05-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #283  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

I have a wedding July 20, hoping I could get to 140 or below by then. I am having a hard time not exercising. I can control my appetite much better when I do, and I feel really good when I exercise. I always have an extra pack, but the scale isn't moving as fast as it should. Such a pain. I gain fat back fast after phasing off........my binging was the worst it had ever been, so no wonder!!!!!!!!!! I am going to have to be the same way, carbs 2 times a week or so. I am also thinking I should have my carbs with my supper..........only because if I have them in the morning I crave them all day long. So at least having them in the evening, I go to bed a few hours later so I can't do as much damage.lol The thoughts are always eat carbs early so you can burn them off, but you can't burn them until they are digested. YOur body doesn't use carbs as fuel as soon as you eat them. So that is another avenue I may take when I phase off................still researching tho lol Will this be never ending???? I fear likely.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #284  
My Own Worst Enemy

I have been told that the saying "don't eat after _____ time" is a horrible myth. If you don't eat say from 6pm till you wake at say 6am that is 12 hours with no food. Your body will go into starvation mode at night and store everything your had at 6pm to use as fuel thru the night. I gave up listening to what people think is right and did what I know my body needs. If I was hungry before bed I'd eat something. I would just make sure it was healthy (1/2 banana, handful of raisins or nuts, I make peanut butter granola crumble Yummy! and would take a handful of that) I think your body needs continuous 'fuel' to function and if we eat every couple of hours your body will think that it will get more eventually so it wont need to harbour every last bite. But that's just my opinion.

I get how this diet works and most other diets. If you eat less then you burn then you have no choice but to lose weight. But its when you start getting back into the habit of eating and eating normal amounts, that's what scares me. Because your going to put it all back on. I have yet to find where my bodies 'comfort' zone is. eat what you burn to maintain. That's what Im trying to figure out. Right now I eat between 800-1000 calories a day and on average Im loosing weight every week. But when I eat 1200-1300 calories a day I gain weight till im back in the 150's then I level off. So I guess I should stay around 1000-1100 a day?? but its not recommended to go below 1200. See why I'm frustrated??? UGH!

Exercising will slow your weight loss especially on IP because all of the protein you eat, when you exercise, feeds your muscles. So you bulk up/gain muscle mass, faster then you would normally. If you don't exercise then your body will use the protein as energy and let you body burn the bad fats which will cause weight loss. If you exercise I think you will see inches drop faster then the scale. But if you don't exercise then the scale should drop pretty even with the inches. That's how my coach explained it to me.

I go for my Week 5 WI today at noon. I am nervous. But I am not sure what I want to do. I am (according to my home scale) 6lbs from goal. Do I stay on Phase 1 till I reach goal or do I go into phase 2 and hope to keep loosing??

Any Advice?

Last edited by claustin; 05-27-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 169/140/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm trying to do phase 1 today but I keep thinking a bite of this or that won't hurt and it will get rid of my headache. I have a wedding next weekend and I'll be traveling with my sister for 10 hours each way. I hope to be smart but I'm not planning on staying in ketosis so I'm not sure if getting there today is worth it! However, as I look ahead on my calendar, there is no good time. I don't know what to do!
Closed Thread