Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 07:32 AM   #481  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Well once again the fun day/p1 day formula proves itself! I had a little giggle on the scale this morning, yesterday I was a couple of pounds over goal weight, did a strict P1 day yesterday, and POOF - back under goal! Going to do a P3-ish day today just to be on the safe side, and stick with veggies for my snacks. But things are back where they need to be!
Old 04-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #482  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Scorbette: You formula is working. You are doing great!

Sunnymae: i was inspired by your post. You are making such gains in being positive in your life. I agree with you...compassion for yourself is so important. I spent too much time condemning myself for not being perfect.

My newest motto is:
"A winner is not someone who never fails, a winner is
someone who never quits." - Unknown

Grealakes86: That was an amazing story about the impact of being gluten free and depression. What a discovery. My son is eating gluten free and it has lessoned his anxiety attacks.

Kitkat: I hope you enjoyed the yellow curry. I love to make Indian food. Good for you jumping on the scale when you are worried about the results. Not easy.

Evepet: How fun to receive all of those compliments. 10 pounds can make a difference.

Leslie: Good luck on Phase 1. I agree with Momto2cs..throw out the Easter candy.

Momto2cs: I did not have mimosas but the spanish coffees did not help on Easter.

Gazelle: I generally do a fun meal and do not track calories or carbs for it.

I tried on all of my spring clothes from last year. They did fit. Hooray. Now to wear them with sweaters until it is really warm.

Last edited by Maile; 04-02-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #483  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Hey Hey Everyone,

Hope everyone had a good easter and it wasn't too stressful. My 'fun day' was a little more 'relaxed' as in I was super hungry for supper and it's shown on the scale. My mom eats paleo so it was generally 'easy' to get through this Easter, she's always been so supportive though. I don't think my Auntie knows what to do with the two of us. Our family supper was on Saturday and on Sunday after church we all had left overs and since mom and I couldn't have the hashbrown casserole my sister and auntie high fived each other and said "WHOOP - more for us!" lol

I had five little chocolate eggs spread out over the day, first chocolate I've had for over a month. It was really TOO good lol. Found a 'some eecard' that said "CHOCOLATE DOES TASTE BETTER THEN BEING SKINNY" lol!!

maile Love the weather, but this is the type that you never know which jacket to wear in the morning! Sometimes I'm cold and put on my winter jacket and then it's too hot when I go home...lol But it's a good thing!

KitKat My mom made some chicken curry for supper on the Friday...may have to make some up for lunches it had a can of coconut milk in it...YUMMO!

Grealakes86 I met a little guy (~8 years old?) who was telling me all about his diet ("sugar free" "fat is good for you" AND "my family eats gluten free and my autistic brother is MUCH better and can say words now!")...I think that some people are saying "ppppfff" to gluten free but I don't think it's a phase. Some people just can't have it (me included).

gazelle I don't track my 'fun day' or my 'phase 1 day'. I track every other day though. I generally didn't want to know what I ate on my fun day lol and well now that even fun days are more relaxed I just take the weekend off from tracking. My tracking during the rest of the week DOES help me stay less anxious.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Ishbel; 04-02-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #484  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Scorbette - It's so good to hear that you've had success on maintenance so far. I will be starting maintenance May 4th, and like most people, am quite nervous! I wish there was an exact formula to maintenance, but with everyone's bodies and activity levels being different I realize I just have to figure out what works for me.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #485  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
Scorbette - It's so good to hear that you've had success on maintenance so far. I will be starting maintenance May 4th, and like most people, am quite nervous! I wish there was an exact formula to maintenance, but with everyone's bodies and activity levels being different I realize I just have to figure out what works for me.
Thanks - you WILL figure it out, it just takes some trial-and-error! The one thing I would encourage is that you don't get stressed about the scale in maintenance. ALWAYS remember that you have Phase 1 in your back pocket whenever you need it - and if you are paying attention to your body and checking in with the scale periodically, you don't have to be afraid of things getting out of control again.

I found that just picking a "top" number (a weight where if I go over it, it's time to do P1 until I'm back under) has kept me from being too hyperfocused on the scale. I step on, and as long as I'm under that number, what the scale tells me doesn't matter as much. You will find what works for you!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #486  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Scorbett: nice to hear that P1 day works. I haven't yet had a fun day but I'm considering it for this Friday. It's a girls night out and the friend I'm going out with came by my desk at lunch and was shocked when she saw gravy on my roast beef. She is letting me pick the place for Friday so I can decide if I want to stay conservative or go all out for a meal.

Maile: I'm glad your spring clothes fit. I'm looking forward to buying a whole new spring / summer wardrobe this year as I have given away everything I wore last year. Just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit.

Ishbel: love the quote about chocolate. I still haven't broken into the bar I bought last week. I almost had a square last night but decided I didn't really want it. It is something that I want to make sure I savor.

No other news for me today. Have a great day!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #487  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
ooooooooo May the 4th be with you!!! (sorry couldn't help it!)
Old 04-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #488  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
ooooooooo May the 4th be with you!!! (sorry couldn't help it!)
ROFL!!!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #489  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

I would really appreciate some advice from all those maintaining...

I need to discuss with my coach, but as of now my plan is to start phase 3 April 13th. If all goes according to plan I should be in maintenance April 27th. I have decided to phase off because I have been having a lot of slips lately and feel it's better to phase off properly and maintain for a while until I get my motivation back and can fully commit (realistically I'm thinking this won't be until the fall).

I'm wondering if I can follow a phase 2 type plan during the week while on maintenance (in hopes to maybe lose some more weight), but be able to enjoy the weekends and some nights out (all within the maintenance guidelines of course). My concern is that if I'm not eating much or any carbs and fats for 4 days a week and then I add them back for 3 days straight if my body will hold on to them the way it would if I had 3 cheat days while on phase 1 or 2 normally. Has anyone tried an approach like this while in maintenace? Any luck? Any chance you continued to lose weight or inches?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #490  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Knm
This is pretty much how I have maintained. During the week I eat a phase 1 or 2 type diet. I exercise every day.

On the weekends I try to stay low carb whenever possible, but I include alcohol and some snacks. I take one of these days off from the gym.

I am up on Mondays and usually back down by Wednesday or Thursday.

It works for me.

Last edited by Momto2cs; 04-02-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #491  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
I would really appreciate some advice from all those maintaining...

I need to discuss with my coach, but as of now my plan is to start phase 3 April 13th. If all goes according to plan I should be in maintenance April 27th. I have decided to phase off because I have been having a lot of slips lately and feel it's better to phase off properly and maintain for a while until I get my motivation back and can fully commit (realistically I'm thinking this won't be until the fall).

I'm wondering if I can follow a phase 2 type plan during the week while on maintenance (in hopes to maybe lose some more weight), but be able to enjoy the weekends and some nights out (all within the maintenance guidelines of course). My concern is that if I'm not eating much or any carbs and fats for 4 days a week and then I add them back for 3 days straight if my body will hold on to them the way it would if I had 3 cheat days while on phase 1 or 2 normally. Has anyone tried an approach like this while in maintenace? Any luck? Any chance you continued to lose weight or inches?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Phase 2 is a bit too low in calories to make sense for what you're trying to do. There's not much difference between P1 and P2. You would be better off doing a more P3 style of eating (so that your body gets its glycogen stores back) and then controlling your weekends.

Losing weight/inches is going to be based on what the difference in calories is between what you are eating, and what your body needs to function. If you are no carb/no fat during the week but go all-out for 3 days over the weekend, your end resulting calories are going have a huge influence over whether you still lose or gain. You may also experience water weight gain from loading up for 3 days straight.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend it - but you have to find what you can live with and see how your body responds.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #492  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Knm
This is pretty much how I have maintained. During the week I eat a phase 1 or 2 type diet. I exercise every day.

On the weekends I try to stay low carb whenever possible, but I include alcohol and some snacks. I take one of these days off from the gym.

I am up on Mondays and usually back down by Wednesday or Thursday.

It works for me.
Mom,

I can see how that totally works. Are you up by allot on Mondays, or like 2-3 lbs? I was up 4 lbs when I cheated for my brothers wedding, I really went overboard though
Old 04-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #493  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

It varies, but up to 5 pounds.
I spend all day Tuesday peeing.
I consider it carb cycling.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #494  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Ugh...so today was WI, and I'm up 4.6 lbs from last week after the carb fest called Easter and a daily dose of Easter candy for the past 3 days. I have thrown out the candy as of this afternoon. My coach thinks its water weight from all the salt and carbs over the weekend...plus I've been to the gym for the past 3 days straight.

I have not done well with my fun day/P1 day (I've only done 2 so far) I am usually starving on that P1 day and end up over eating toward dinner time despite snacking and watering. The first time I did a strict P1 with packets and veggies, until about 4 pm when I went wild because I was so hungry (old habits). It's time I did a low carb day (eggs, plain yogurt, meat and veggies for lunch and dinner), but still hungry at 3-4 pm - even after my snack.

I wonder if its more mental?

Anyway, she has be doing P3 for a week to see what happens with my weight. I'm also due for TOM so that probably has some part as well.

Any tips/ideas?
Old 04-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #495  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

I'm a little frustrated. My weight seems to want to creep up fairly easy. I have only had 3 fun days in the two months on maintenance and they have been very mild. I do one to two P1 days after. I haven't added very many carbs back into my night meal. MFP says I should be eating 1590 calories a day and I hardly ever go over 1200. I do Jillian 30 day shred or now some walk, jogs 5 to 6 days a week. Do you think I am in starvation mode? I'm afraid to eat more that I continue to go up. Easter I took it fairly easy and was only at around 1200 calories. I was up on Monday, did P1 and was up .4 more this morn! I did another P1 today so I'll see what tomorrow brings. Sorry for going on and on but I don't know what to do.

Scorbett is my only friend on MFP so if you could look at my diary and see what you think I'd appreciate it. One extra I do have is some SF syrups in my coffee.

Thanks gals!
Closed Thread