Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #361  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Hey everyone! WOWWWWWOWOWOWO!!! What HUGE milestones coming up...10 months for Ishbel and 1.5yr for Mailie...that is very inspirational.

greeniris - good luck with hosting Easter!

kitkat - I hope you work through your work stress - I know you've been feeling that strain for a while.

Lesley - yeah for IP round 2! I am almost 4 months along with #2 and already know that I'll have another go at Phase 1 in the future!

evepet - I TOTALLY understand being obsessed about Phase 3 breakfasts!!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #362  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

evepet- those breakfasts are REALLY filling! It took a while before my tummy was up to the task of 3 full meals a day without feeling overfull. I'm still trying to figure out a good balance of meals and snacks and total calories.

Been working on retooling my freezer meals recipes to fit the maintenance guidelines better. I LIVED on stocking my freezer before IP, and really need to find a way to make it work again within the framework of IP maintenance. I save so much money that way, and it helps take something off my task list on really busy days!

Today is a P1 day after a pretty ambitious fun day yesterday. I low-carbed it for breakfast and lunch (Egg/egg white omelet with veggies and FF Feta, canadian bacon for breakfast, salad with chicken for lunch) then let go of the reins for dinner. I made a big Guinness beef stew, homemade Irish brown bread, and cupcakes. Ate all of it, and washed it down with a few Guinness bottles. Felt SUPER overstuffed last night, passed out in a food coma after the kids went to bed. P1 was a welcome friend this morning The good news is, I think my body took it really well. My sister in law took me on a shopping excursion (I need a dress for Easter, I'm singing that morning in 3 church services) and I was still able to wear size 8s comfortably. Not too much bloat to wash away!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:30 AM   #363  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Scorbette: I have always wanted to make Guinness Stew. It sounded like a delightful Irish feast.. I think eating low carb for the first two meals is excellent planning. Did you find an Easter dress..Yeah for fitting size 8.

Hi Lizrr: Hope you are feeling well and enjoying your running.

I am in my range and feeling positive.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #364  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I think you are all doing great and I look forward to joining the maintainers soon! I plan to start phasing off in another week or so. I'm nervous about the breakfasts as that's never been a meal I ate often but I'm determined to do everything right.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #365  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Maile - thank you for the specific suggestions to add to Easter dinner. I will certainly check them out. And a big CONGRATULATIONS on a year and a half of maintenance! Thank you for staying with us to help everyone navigate through in your footsteps!

Cheekyskeeter - You're almost here! WTG!!!

Last edited by greeniris; 03-19-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #366  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Great job everyone on maintaining and awesome milestones!
I had TOM last week after he disappeared for a few months. My weight went up which kind of freaked me out but it went back down. I had a weekend get away with my sisters this past weekend. I had a few glasses of wine and did a little snacking but not much. My weight was up from TOM before I left so I was afraid to get on the scale Monday morn but I was down! All is well!

I made some greek yogurt pancakes this morn which were good.
1 egg, one container yogurt, 1/2 cup SF pancake mix and 1 tsp baking soda. It made 6 pancakes!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #367  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Beck I'll have to try your pancake recipe. So many good P3 breakfast ideas.... it's a good thing that these breakfasts extend into maintenance, so I have time to try them all!

Breakfast for me today was one of my extra lean ground beef patties (to which I had added some oat bran), served on 1/2 a whole wheat english muffin, topped with a slice of veggie cheese, thin slices of red onion, mustard and a dollop of Heintz LC catsup. I ate my apple slices with ricotta cheese & cinnamon, as my 'dessert'. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole meal. Definitely a repeater... which is good because I have 3 more of these patties in my freezer, and as I added oat bran to them I wouldn't want to use them for a lunch or dinner meal.

Hope everyone's having a good day. I'm still preoccupied with reviewing all these delicious sounding P3 recipes.

Last edited by evepet; 03-19-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #368  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Beck I'll have to try your pancake recipe. So many good P3 breakfast ideas.... it's a good thing that these breakfasts extend into maintenance, so I have time to try them all!

Breakfast for me today was one of my extra lean ground beef patties (to which I had added some oat bran), served on 1/2 a whole wheat english muffin, topped with a slice of veggie cheese, thin slices of red onion, mustard and a dollop of Heintz LC catsup. I ate my apple slices with ricotta cheese & cinnamon, as my 'dessert'. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole meal. Definitely a repeater... which is good because I have 3 more of these patties in my freezer, and as I added oat bran to them I wouldn't want to use them for a lunch or dinner meal.

Hope everyone's having a good day. I'm still preoccupied with reviewing all these delicious sounding P3 recipes.
Eve, glad you are enjoying your P3 breakfasts. You are pretty creative already. I was pretty simple with them at first just trying to get the hang of it. I still keep it simple most of the time but I do enjoy them.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #369  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
Great job everyone on maintaining and awesome milestones!
I had TOM last week after he disappeared for a few months. My weight went up which kind of freaked me out but it went back down. I had a weekend get away with my sisters this past weekend. I had a few glasses of wine and did a little snacking but not much. My weight was up from TOM before I left so I was afraid to get on the scale Monday morn but I was down! All is well!

I made some greek yogurt pancakes this morn which were good.
1 egg, one container yogurt, 1/2 cup SF pancake mix and 1 tsp baking soda. It made 6 pancakes!
That sounds really yummy!!! I made LizRR's lemon ricotta pancakes the other day and couldn't believe how many I got out of the batter - this sounds similar! I think I know what I'm having for brekkie tomorrow
Old 03-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #370  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

A bit of good news ... What I thought was 5 lbs of vacation gain is only 3 lbs, now that I got brave enough to actually step on the scale. I have been off plan since mid January, but apparently not too too far off. First day back to P1 was easy because I was sick from allergies which developed into a migraine, so I certainly wasn't tempted to eat. Stayed in bed most of the day. Today was also easy to stay OP because I was stuck in a day-long meeting which kept me out of the snack bar. So tomorrow's the real test, although it would senseless to sabotage 2 days worth of prep.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #371  
Maintenance 2/1/2013

S/C/G: 208/148/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I'm still preoccupied with reviewing all these delicious sounding P3 recipes.
I did the same thing! I even made a document with all of the "worksheet" values for the breakfasts that I liked to keep in the kitchen for reference...LOL! I think that thinking so much about the P3 breakfasts really helped me when it came to figuring out the 2 distinct maintenance meals for P4.

Malie and Ishbel- Congrats on your upcoming anniversaries! You are both so inspiring!

Scorbett- Next St Paddys day I'm coming to your house!

Welcome to the newcomers...you are in good hands! These ladies are so wonderful and supportive!

I went to my primary care doc today for my annual check-up and she was shocked and pleased! In the past year I have given up alcohol, lost my 60lbs, lowered my BP and heart rate and the blood tests should come back with even more good news Her assessment was "you fixed yourself!" A+!

I've noticed that if I don't eat for ~4hrs, I get really irritable and even angry...which is really unlike me. Anyone else experience this?
Old 03-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #372  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Mommak8: That is wonderful news about your lab work and losing 60 pounds. What a successful year for you. My heart rate has slowed down also..thought it was from exercise. I do get very hungry after not eating for four hours..not irritable, but very hungry!

Fishette: Good luck on staying on Phase 1 another day.

Beck: Those pancakes sound good. I never would have thought to use Greek yogurt.

Evepet: I could see a burger for breakfast! I love burgers.

Thanks to everyone for your support. One more week and I am there with a year and a half. I am planning to buy a new pair of colorful spring leggings.

Now if we would just stop having snow!
Old 03-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #373  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommak8 View Post
I did the same thing! I even made a document with all of the "worksheet" values for the breakfasts that I liked to keep in the kitchen for reference...LOL! I think that thinking so much about the P3 breakfasts really helped me when it came to figuring out the 2 distinct maintenance meals for P4.

I went to my primary care doc today for my annual check-up and she was shocked and pleased! In the past year I have given up alcohol, lost my 60lbs, lowered my BP and heart rate and the blood tests should come back with even more good news Her assessment was "you fixed yourself!" A+!

I've noticed that if I don't eat for ~4hrs, I get really irritable and even angry...which is really unlike me. Anyone else experience this?
So many delicious sounding recipes. It really is easy to get preoccupied and suddenly it's hours later....... I have my annual checkup with my Dr. tomorrow... went in a couple of weeks ago and had the blood tests done in advance so she can review them with me tomorrow. I know she'll be surprised that I stuck to it and reached my goal, and I'm very curious to hear my test results. Hopefully I get great news like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Evepet: I could see a burger for breakfast! I love burgers.

Now if we would just stop having snow!
Yes.. I see more burger breakfasts in my future. We had another snow fall just these last couple of days. I'm sooo tired of this winter - thank goodness Spring is almost here. Now if the weather would only cooperate!
---------------

Gads, I'm turning into a foodie... seems all I can talk about right now is breakfasts!! LOL. This morning I made LizRR's Baked Apple Pancake - it was delicious. I did alter the pancake mixture ingredients to fit what I had in hand, and went with a combo of carbquik, almond flour, flax meal, and oat bran. Plus used just 1 egg + 1/4 cup egg whites + 1/4 cup of greek yogourt. I turned it out of the small casserole dish I'd baked it in, then dolloped on top a mixture of 2 tbsp ricotta cheese and 3 of greek yogourt, with some WF pancake syrup poured on top of that. Plus a shake of cinnamon. My goodness though - I'm so full! I find that after eating these breakfasts (granted, I've only had 3 so far) I'm not very hungry for the rest of the day. During P1 I really wanted a 3pm snack, but since going P3 I don't need it at all.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #374  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Cheekyskeeter So close to those breakfasts!

Mommak8 WOOHOO for an A+ from the doc! I get irriable too if I get to hungry....still call it HANGRY! (I'm sorry I chuckled at your post lol)

evepet mmmm burgers for brekkie...sounds great...those lemon pancakes scorbett was mentioning sound fab too...you guys might just inspire me to switch it up lol

Fishette YAY! Only 3 lbs is VERY reasonable...won't take you long to get rid of that!
Old 03-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #375  
Maintenance 2/1/2013

S/C/G: 208/148/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
WOOHOO for an A+ from the doc! I get irriable too if I get to hungry....still call it HANGRY! (I'm sorry I chuckled at your post lol)
I love that you call it HANGRY! My family will use it, I'm sure!

I'm having my blood sugars looked at to see if I'm hypoglycemic. I know that alcoholism and obesity (both of which i have dealt with) can both be ways that people "manage" low blood sugar dips and my MD was willing to indulge my request for more info... I'll keep you all posted with the results.

On breakfasts... My 10yo son made himself a huge breakfast yesterday and looked at it all and said "this looks like one of your breakfasts!" They learn early!
Closed Thread