Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #421  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Lesley: I'm glad your enjoyed your taco. There is a burrito place I'm looking forward to once on P4. I only have the naked burrito because I can't have flour tortillas but I prefer it with the corn and black beans so it has to wait until I can have evening carbs.

LizRR: Nice to see you and your little bump. How did your half marathon go?

Maile: Good to hear things are on track for you. Hearing about other maintenance success stories makes me feel more encouraged.

Delgen: I'm glad to hear the reboot is going well.

Evepet: I'm finding P3 challenging this week - so many yummy recipes to try, which ones do I make first??? I had to look up the Baked Apple Pancake recipe because it wasn't one I had copied to my computer but realized it is because of the pancake mix. I've marked it now but will have to try alternative flour options. I gained my first week of P3 but it may have been water retention and Big C problems because the weekend my scale was showing me down again.

Beck81: Always nice to hear from you.

P3 is mostly well although I find I am getting a little loose with evening breakfast prep, i.e. licking the spoon after dishing out yogurt, etc. These are habits that I've had under control for the past year but now I'm feeling lax because in a week, I can have an evening yogurt snack. Not a good mindset. Tomorrow morning will be blueberry oatmeal and a chicken patty. Then I have two batches of cranberry/blueberry baked custards with granola bases. It is a slight variation of LizRR's cranberry custard. I bought a couple new custard dishes that are just the right size for this recipe and pumpkin pie, etc.

I had a busy weekend of shopping, cooking and cleaning. I bought a new bed mattress which was delivered 30 minutes later (awesome service!) so I slept better last night than the rest of the week. Today I'm tired from a day of frenzied cleaning so I'm on my way to a hot bath.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #422  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Hey everyone, I finished my half-marathon this morning....waaaay slower than a few months ago, but I am in a different "condition" now! Plus I took it really easy, along with a lot of bathroom breaks, and was with my running group who brought their spouses that walked some, so the pressure was off me to be the slowest in the group! I finished with plenty of steam left and feel fantastic!

Mailie you continue to be a source of inspiration and reassurance! After a lifetime of being overweight I keep you as my great example...even though I am in a different situation at the moment!

Delgen great to see you again! It's good to know the reboot is there...I will definitely be there in a while!

Beck81 I can't believe you are going to be a grandmother! Super hawt!

Patns I am not crazy for rice, but I do have steel cut oats most mornings, one of the few meals that can keep me full through lunch!

evepet glad you have enjoyed the breakfasts! I had fun putting them together, but it was work...a good way to get the P3 anxiety out! Thanks for the almond milk info, I drink it a lot and good to know how to DIY it.

Ishbel sooooooooo excited to see our beautiful IP bride!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #423  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Hi everyone! I'm back to Maintenance after my miscarriage. My coach and I decided that since we are going to try again right away, it makes sense to just stay on maintenance instead of back to P1 to lose the last 10lbs. I actually lost 2lbs in my first week, plus I am exercising, which I am really happy about.

I have a question about the 'fun' day (another question!). Do you do a strict P1 day the day after with IP or alt. foods, or do you do a 'clean day', IE: no carbs (like eggs, chicken breast, veggies)?

My coach said I could do a 'clean day' instead of strict P1, but that's not really the protocol, not sure if that's for my specific situation or if everyone on maintenance can do that.

Yesterday was my first 'fun day'. I had some Easter candy, a small amount of potato chips and dip, hummus and some homemade meatballs. I have to tell you, I didn't feel well afterward...bloated and gassy, uncomfortable. Not really worth the taste (except for the homemade meatballs, lol), since my taste buds have changed.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #424  

S/C/G: 180/148.0/160

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone! I enjoy reading the posts and keeping updated on everyone's progress!

LizRR: I am so amazed that you can do all that you do! Congrats on your half marathon!

KitKat: I appreciate hearing about your breakfasts. I wish I was more adventurous, but I have pretty much stuck with greek yogurt, muesli, berries and half an english muffin with almond butter.

EPAPRN: I had my first "fun day" yesterday, and it really did not go well. I also feel bloated, crampy and really bad. I think that I overdid things. Today I am planning a strict P1 day and then back to P3 for a few days. I also think I will plan on relaxed evening meals over the weekend and not really doing a whole "fun day" in the future. I guess this is just a constant experiment. I do appreciate all of the advice from everyone here!

Have a great week everyone!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #425  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post

Evepet: I'm finding P3 challenging this week - so many yummy recipes to try, which ones do I make first??? I had to look up the Baked Apple Pancake recipe because it wasn't one I had copied to my computer but realized it is because of the pancake mix. I've marked it now but will have to try alternative flour options. I gained my first week of P3 but it may have been water retention and Big C problems because the weekend my scale was showing me down again.

I had a busy weekend of shopping, cooking and cleaning. I bought a new bed mattress which was delivered 30 minutes later (awesome service!) so I slept better last night than the rest of the week. Today I'm tired from a day of frenzied cleaning so I'm on my way to a hot bath.
I know! So many new breakfast options to try! I had my beef patty option this am, but I'm thinking maybe one of the quinoa pancake recipes will be on the menu tomorrow. Glad you got a good sleep last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
evepet glad you have enjoyed the breakfasts! I had fun putting them together, but it was work...a good way to get the P3 anxiety out! Thanks for the almond milk info, I drink it a lot and good to know how to DIY it.
Congrats on the marathon Liz! You are doing fabulously! Thanks again for all those great recipes. BTW, I really like the almond milk when it's first made - it IS really delicious. I'm not so thrilled with it the next day though... it kind of separates and looks like spoiled milk on the top of my coffee. Tastes ok - but looks bad. So I think home-made almond milk will be just a special treat on occasion in small batches, when I know I'll use it up immediately.
---------

Have a good day everyone. Cheers for now.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #426  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Starting P3

Hey Everyone! Hope you are all doing well. I've decided to move to phase 3 and work on adding in more exercise.

Had my second breakfast today, it was divine Scale is holding steady so far!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #427  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Lizz What a cute little momma belly...if I get prego Martha won't look like that! haha Have you named your bump? My sister named hers wedgie. You are some gorgeous girl!

EPAPRN When I do a phase 1 day, I keep it COMPLETELY phase 1, not even a restricted. I have decided that I have one day to make one fun day balance out. So no root veggies no restricted, nothing 'extra'. Right now I'm ADDICTED to the RTD Chocolate drink so I have three of those on phase 1 day. Also A-D-D-I-C-T-E-D to 4 shots of starbucks espresso with an RTD on Phase 1 morning. I get A LOT of cleaning done on Phase 1 day HAHA

Delgen How long was your Phase 1 at Christmas? My coach wants me to do a mini phase in if I'm doing Phase 1 for 5-7 days.

maile yay for you having a plan, you make me feel less alone ALL the time. You're such an awesome IP friend! I'm finding that people are more 'used' to my choices now...but just two weeks ago someone said "yah, he said you must be 100 lbs now"...so they are not as much on the commenting...eventually their brains will catch up to mine!

So I walked into Walmart this weekend and stopped by the easter candy because a massive reese's pieces easter egg was yelling my name and I said to the VIP "ooooo...look at THIS" and he said "well, we should have SOMETHING for easter" and I said "yeah but not that...it looks good but I'd probably puke" and walked away....how far I've come. "NSV"
Old 03-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #428  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Evepet: you are ambitious making your own almond milk! I likke breakfast wraps also with eggs. Your Phase 3 is going well..with you losing. Way to go.

Beck81: You will be a very attractive grandma!

Patns: Many people are very happy with Paleo eating. Hope that goes well for you.

Ishbel: Great NSV victory on that Reese's egg! I loved those also. I am finding that people have stopped commenting on my choices at work. This is good. I also have stopped receiving comments on being too thin. Maybe they are getting used to the new me!

Epaprn: I don't do the packet Phase 1..unless I am really worried about the pounds not going down. I do a very very low carb day. However, I would do what you are most comfortable with.

Lizrr: Thanks for your support. I have spent a lifetime being overweight as well. This time I am going to maintain for good. You are in great shape finishing the half marathon!

Kitkat: I also made the custard with blueberries and raspberries. It was good.
It is also nice to have things made ahead.

Mandy: enjoy those breakfasts. They are wonderful.

I am on spring break and love not working and seeing my daughter! She loves to shop so we are off.

Last edited by Maile; 03-25-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #429  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone!

This board is busy lately! Loving it! It's hard to keep up with what everyone is doing!

A few of us had a free day yesterday!! It was very scary!

We (finally) pulled our ice shack off the river yesterday, and my in-laws came down. I ate phase 4 until supper - then we had Chinese food! Yum! And then ice cream! Double yum! Once we got home DH and I were laid out on the couch holding our guts though...man....my body does NOT like free days!

So, I am phase 1 today - really missed my breakfast this morning. We have had a busy day so far though so it has kept my mind off of it. My daughters pre-school had a Zumba instructor in to show us all how to do it - perfect for the morning after a cheat day. The kids LOVED it! So I'm not feeling so terrible now! Energized! Does anyone here do Zumba?
Old 03-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #430  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Evepet: you are ambitious making your own almond milk! I likke breakfast wraps also with eggs. Your Phase 3 is going well..with you losing. Way to go.

Beck81: You will be a very attractive grandma!

Patns: Many people are very happy with Paleo eating. Hope that goes well for you.

Ishbel: Great NSV victory on that Reese's egg! I loved those also. I am finding that people have stopped commenting on my choices at work. This is good. I also have stopped receiving comments on being too thin. Maybe they are getting used to the new me!

Epaprn: I don't do the packet Phase 1..unless I am really worried about the pounds not going down. I do a very very low carb day. However, I would do what you are most comfortable with.

Lizrr: Thanks for your support. I have spent a lifetime being overweight as well. This time I am going to maintain for good. You are in great shape finishing the half marathon!

Kitkat: I also made the custard with blueberries and raspberries. It was good.
It is also nice to have things made ahead.

Mandy: enjoy those breakfasts. They are wonderful.

I am on spring break and love not working and seeing my daughter! She loves to shop so we are off.

Maile: This is what my coach said to do...no carbs, but I could do eggs for breakfast/lunch, chicken or meat, veggies, string cheese...
Old 03-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #431  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I do that. I have eggs or an omelette for breakfast. and stick to vegetables and protein for the rest of the day. I also have nuts for a snack. Some people prefer to do the strict Phase 1 with the packets.

Lesley: I love to watch zumba..tried the dvd and could not keep up!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #432  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPRN View Post
Maile: This is what my coach said to do...no carbs, but I could do eggs for breakfast/lunch, chicken or meat, veggies, string cheese...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
I do that. I have eggs or an omelette for breakfast. and stick to vegetables and protein for the rest of the day. I also have nuts for a snack. Some people prefer to do the strict Phase 1 with the packets.

Lesley: I love to watch zumba..tried the dvd and could not keep up!
I've still got some P1-appropriate packets to use on the 'P1 day after Fun Day' for a while, but once they're used up I'm planning to just replace them with a very low carb day like you both describe.

Maile - I tried a zumba dvd a while back too and got hopelessly befuddled. They move so quickly! I decided Leslie Sansome's walking program suited my level of coordination better! I can follow and keep up with them and still get a workout.

------

Let's see... it's Day 9 of Phase 3 today. All is well. I'm just 'keepin on keepin on'. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #433  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I Zumba to Thursdays as it is my active recovery day. It always makes me feel good. And the kids and I love just dance on the Xbox.

I think paleo is a good choice, as long as you allow enough of the foods you enjoy in it. If you are too extreme I think it would be hard to stick with.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #434  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I Zumba to Thursdays as it is my active recovery day. It always makes me feel good. And the kids and I love just dance on the Xbox.

I think paleo is a good choice, as long as you allow enough of the foods you enjoy in it. If you are too extreme I think it would be hard to stick with.
I'm still figuring out my long term eating plan, but I am finding myself leaning towards a blend of Paleo/clean eating and weight watchers-type stuff. With a little IP thrown in for good measure I like the idea of having a less carb-heavy meal at lunch and am experimenting with some flax based recipes to have "bread" options without the high carbs in the middle of the day.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #435  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

I came across this quote of the day: "Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts." - Arnold Bennett
Closed Thread