Old 09-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

I know what you aresaying. i have been in the same pant for 22 years. hope it all turns out well man.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #107  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Since y'all have done outstanding jobs at losing weight on IP, I think y'all need to post y'all before and now pics on the Official Ideal Protein FB page if you are on FB. There is a contest weekly for "dieter of the week" Who ever gets the most "likes" wins the contest..I won it this week. We need to let them know that MEN can also rock out this program!!....here is a link to it....don't be shy....post your pics with PRIDE!

https://www.facebook.com/officialidealprotein
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 250/222/215

Height: 6'0"

my question of the day..... In phase 1 my exercise has been limited, but now hockey season is upon us, how do i help myself for the strenuous exercise? add an extra protein pack ? when? just before? night before?
paulfromport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

Height: 5'11"

I drink one of the higher protein drinks (Peach Mango) before and after if it is going to be for more than 2 hrs till my next meal. Everyone is different some do 1/2 before and after.
hyrysk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 250/222/215

Height: 6'0"

My 'coach' loose term just said have a bar a half hour before.... i will try because last week i felt awful despite being 30 pounds lighter.... i had been trying to cut back on the bars ...we will see
paulfromport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #111  

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfromport View Post
My 'coach' loose term just said have a bar a half hour before.... i will try because last week i felt awful despite being 30 pounds lighter.... i had been trying to cut back on the bars ...we will see
You may need to up your dinner protein as well. I know we had a guy on here, Wayward, who was very active and up his protein to 10-12oz and added a packet to his day and felt better. When you are doing your hockey you are burning way more calories than you are taking in. I would definitely do a half bar before and after .....let us know how it goes...Good luck at your games!
Old 09-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning. Very tough few days at work. Actually the last 4 years have been STRESS! They are looking to amend our Village charter to disban the Police Department. I've worked there since '95 and have been chief since '08.
Good morning,vet. So sorry about your job frustration. I have also been there. When I finished grad school I took what I thought would be my forever job, bought my forever house, etc, etc. As the years went by the job changed, the local politics changed and I changed. At some point the BS to dollar ratio become intolerable and we began to look around.. We found a geographical area with politics that suited us. I found a job with partners second to none. Fabulous tax structure. Pay structure such that DH can stay home with our DD. I get really sappy when I think about all of my blessings. Will I be here forever?? Who knows? (and in our lines of work we both know how short forever can be) My point (sorry so wordy) is that for me the good was the enemy of the best. I have a better fit for me today than I did ten yrs ago in new England. However, I never would have looked if the situation had not become unbearable. Good luck to you.
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #113  
Dieting Since Birth!

S/C/G: 308/ Ticker /208

Hey Paul: Hockey is tough man...in addition to all the great advice you already got...you could also consider splitting your days dinner protein so that you have 4oz prior to hockey with your 2 cups veggie etc...and then the other half as dinner. When I have a long day planned on the Harley with the wife, I pack my small cooler with 2 cups cold cooked veggies and 4oz cooked cold turkey and some romaine leaves to roll em up in! I skip the shake as having turkey but I bring a spare cold shake with me, so if afternoon gets too long, I have a "go-to" with me...and of course lots of water! I also include some mustard packs in the cooler to add on the turkey roll-ups and a few slices of raw onion...dang good!
So basically, I simply rearrange my days food. Try it!
Cheers
Jake
mammoth357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #114  
Dieting Since Birth!

Hi Lisa!
I will see if I have any "before" pic's of me...hard to say as for YEARS I refused to be photographed as I was so fat and it bummed me out. In addition to what I lost on IP thus far, I lost just over 100lbs on Atkins just before switching to IP....and I am very glad I did switch too after being stalled on Atkins for 3-4 months, IP got me losing again!
Anyway...if I have pic's will gladly post-up for you...will check next day or two. I really don't do the facebook thing at all....but do have an account.
You look awesome by the way and CONGRATS on winning last week (Dieter of the week) !
Cheers
Jake
Old 09-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #115  
Dieting Since Birth!

Note for JW...
Thinking of you and hoping you are well while away serving our country and helping in those areas hit hard by the storm. And don't forget to avoid the popcorn! Be well bro and back home safe...
Jake
Old 09-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #116  

Thanks Jake, I didn't like photos of myself either, now I don't mind them. In my signature the one where I was bigger was ONLY taken because it was my oldest son's 21st birthday and he wanted me to take a pic so he could keep it.

JW is back home now and should be checking in soon!!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #117  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Hi everyone. My Hurricane Duty is finally over. I just spent two weeks two hours north of where the bad effects of the hurricane were felt. We ran supplies down south to where ever they were needed. When they decided to let all the soldiers where were currently in college go, two of us drove a bus to go pick them up and deliver them back to their home units. 1188 miles in two days, that's a lot of driving.

WUV had checked with me to make sure I had enough water, what do ya think? I think we did:

If we weren't driving that bus, here was our ride, Humvee:

I am proud of myself. There wasn't really any way for me to stay 100% OP, but I did what I could. I ended up only gaining 3-4 lbs (difference between weighing last night and this morning.) I figure I'll put at least that much back on, if not a couple of more, once I hit phase 3. Anyway, here I am:
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Default Thank you JW

Thank you for your service.
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #119  
Dieting Since Birth!

Hey JW...Welcome back! You look thin and fit and obviously had some water! Must have been a tough tour seeing the damage and how people get affected by it...thanks for doing that for us all. I trust you avoided the popcorn and pizza and hey, 3-4 lbs gain is great considering the situation and the many limitations! Good Job! Good to have you back!
My weekly report: I lost 3lbs this past week (just did my weigh-in)...but lost 2 more waist inches and 2 inch off my chest. So very happy about that! Going to push very hard this week as I want a 5lb week, so I can hit 249 and break that 250 barrier down! So its spinach, kale, escarole and collard greens as veggies all week and blender salads (I drink my salads)....how exciting! haha!

Everyone have a great week! Will check in between work!
Cheers
Jake
Old 09-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Jake i too would like to break the 250 barrier soon.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote