Old 10-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #451  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWarm View Post
Thanks BD & hyrysk. I wonder how much of that warmth-retaining at a higher wait is from human fat as insulation, and how much of it is surface-area-to-mass ratio. From what I understand, human fat isn't actually a very good insulator, at least not the kind we're trying to lose; the kind of fat around the internal organs may help insulate against heat & cold rather more.

One reason small animals and people get cold is that they have a high surface-area-to-mass ratio; i.e. they have more surface for each unit of mass. You'll often see a chihuahua dog shivering. One reason for that (not the only reason, but one) is that it's not very far from any internal part of the chihuahua to the outside, and that the poor little pup has a lot of skin to lose heat through for each lb of weight. Of course, there are other factors, but...

At any rate, I'm hoping to reduce my surface-area-to-mass ratio!

Day 1 of IP: it has been 18 hours since I ate anything other than protein pouches and salad. I'm hungry and possibly a bit grouchy, but I've certainly gone longer than this without eating at all, so I'd imagine the worst is yet to come... but the IP success stories speak for themselves, so I'm in this to become one of those!

Thanks everyone for all the welcomes, and Chunk Yeager, keep the stories coming!
I'm cold now too. Where is my sweater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth357 View Post
Welcome back to the program brother Vet! And nice job keeping it within 5 lbs that whole time...awesome! Now that you are seriously back op, you will drop weight hard & fast I bet! Good job bro!

Howdy Big Ron! You have some nice loss going there...congrats!

Cold: I have been feeling COLD also...I find I am wearing a sweat shirt more and more even in the dang house! Too funny! Other times I feel like I am burning up! I am thinking maybe its the "change" as the ladies call it....the old Menopause! Haha! So long as I don't start getting a time of month!

Cheers
Jake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
holy briefs batman good deal VET.....
I read that thinking of you saying it with a thick southern drawl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrysk View Post
I can remember it taking longer to tuck in my shorts than it did my shirt. I know what my wife means by getting your panties in a wad
I knew it was time for new underwear when mine were all bunched up and hanging out the top of my pants waist band. Kinda ridiculous.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:25 AM   #452  

S/C/G: 304/219.6/200

Height: 6'

That's awesome guys. I haven't bought new undies, but I did have to buy new pants. I had a size 36 that my twin brother bought ad gave to me because he didn't like them. Well now they fit and are a bit loose. I went to the store to buy some new jeans and I grabbed a size 36 and a size 34 just to see. Well the 34s fit we'll. I was so happy. I got another pair and came home. When I got home and tried on the 2nd pair, they were tight, by I could do them up. I remember wearing size 36 pants when I was in grade 10 about 17 years ago.

I also bought some new shirts. Down to 2xl. Can't wait to be down to XL and be able to shop in normal stores.

Had my Wi today. Down a little over 3 lbs again. I sure miss seeing the 6 and 7s but I'm still losing and feeling great.

You guys have a great weekend!! I'm heading to Edmonton to wath the Riders kick some Eskimo ***. Should be a great time.
ddd849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:48 AM   #453  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I'm cold now too. Where is my sweater!

I read that thinking of you saying it with a thick southern drawl.

I knew it was time for new underwear when mine were all bunched up and hanging out the top of my pants waist band. Kinda ridiculous.
With a good coonass twaing.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:15 AM   #454  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
With a good coonass twaing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd849 View Post
That's awesome guys. I haven't bought new undies, but I did have to buy new pants. I had a size 36 that my twin brother bought ad gave to me because he didn't like them. Well now they fit and are a bit loose. I went to the store to buy some new jeans and I grabbed a size 36 and a size 34 just to see. Well the 34s fit we'll. I was so happy. I got another pair and came home. When I got home and tried on the 2nd pair, they were tight, by I could do them up. I remember wearing size 36 pants when I was in grade 10 about 17 years ago.

I also bought some new shirts. Down to 2xl. Can't wait to be down to XL and be able to shop in normal stores.

Had my Wi today. Down a little over 3 lbs again. I sure miss seeing the 6 and 7s but I'm still losing and feeling great.

You guys have a great weekend!! I'm heading to Edmonton to wath the Riders kick some Eskimo ***. Should be a great time.
Yeah forgot to mention I bought new 3X tshirts My 5X were ridiculously loose.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #455  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Yeah forgot to mention I bought new 3X tshirts My 5X were ridiculously loose.

Funny how they go from to small with your belly hanging out the bottom to looking like a dress.
hyrysk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #456  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWarm View Post
Thanks BD & hyrysk. Day 1 of IP: it has been 18 hours since I ate anything other than protein pouches and salad. I'm hungry and possibly a bit grouchy, but I've certainly gone longer than this without eating at all, so I'd imagine the worst is yet to come... but the IP success stories speak for themselves, so I'm in this to become one of those!

Thanks everyone for all the welcomes, and Chunk Yeager, keep the stories coming!
Warm, make sure you are getting enough of that sea salt. For me at least, it really helps with the headaches. I even eat some of the sea salt by itself when I feel a headache coming on, just like an aspirin. Helps a lot. Good luck, seems like you are on the right track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ron 43 View Post
Hi Guys, just popping in to say hello.......... I've been checking the site out for a couple weeks now, finally bit the bullet and joined. Many of you have been an inspiration...........and I thought it only fair to say thanks.

So thanks

Ron
Hi there Ron, welcome. This site is truly amazing. The folks here aren't too bad either.

Quote:
Down a total of 144 now. It's been quite a while since I've seen a loss. I'm working the program right again instead of just maintaining.
Yo VET, great to hear you are back in the wagon with everyone. Good job at maintaining.

Quote:
Had to share.
She must have had fun with it though because she sent me a text after it was over telling me she was trying to see how long it would take them to figure it out but no one did. I kept texting her in the meeting and all I got was a dirty look from across the room. Guess you have to have fun with things like that.
I would have so much fun with this. Totally cool how you could just sit there and listen with them not knowing you were there. LOL

Quote:
Awesome NSV's. Here is mine.
Well I bought six new pair of underwear today. Boxer briefs! I just got home and tried a pair on. Heavenly and they're 2X down from tight 4X!
I've not bought new underwear, yet, but sure did enjoy buying new blue jeans. I had bought a new belt a few weeks ago before my weekend trip to Atlanta. I'm both mad and super happy about it, I'm already on the last holes! I sure hope that store has the same belt in a smaller size.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #457  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post

I've not bought new underwear, yet, but sure did enjoy buying new blue jeans. I had bought a new belt a few weeks ago before my weekend trip to Atlanta. I'm both mad and super happy about it, I'm already on the last holes! I sure hope that store has the same belt in a smaller size.
SO take it to the leather shop and get them to add a few holes to it. I think Vet has done that a few times now...Cheaper than buying a new one
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #458  
Started IP on 10/06/2012

S/C/G: 266/249/175

Height: 68"

Default What a Crappy Day 6 (Part I)

Well, I finally had a crappy day....or a lack of crap day.

Yup....I got the big colorectal refusal, the big bloated belly blockage, the gut plug, the Government Cheese Traffic Jam.......

Woke up yesterday and had my first shake/drink. No problems.

4 cups of Romaine, WF Caesar Dressing, couple of BAP's (Big AaSsSSed Pickles) and the ever-present Cauliflower.

I tend to like my Second IP Product a couple of hours after lunch once the lettuce smushes down in my stomach and I have more room.

30 minutes later........DISCOMFORT. I KNOW this discomfort. I'm familiar with it....I have grown to have a seething disdain for it. I know what it is, and it is TROUBLE.

So I look up on the "what to do if your body does (insert nasty bodily function malfunction here)" sheet I got in my $225 Folder of paper.

It says take (insert name of some Draino type product I've never heard of before) a couple of times and It'll clean you out. I'm considering more radical methods such as garden hoses, enemas, colonics in California (hey, what the *********, if I'm going to have someone shoot coffee up my butt, I might as well go to California and make a trip out of it right?)

But yet I do nothing.......I'm busy at my desk (I work from home) all day and I just sit and stew. And get cranky, crankier and Crankiest. Oh...and at some point I managed to force drink #2 down - and continued drinking my 190+ oz of water a day that I've been doing.

Dog groomer calls at 4:20 pm (Vet's office closes at 5pm) to confirm Lucky Dog's appointment Friday at 1300 hours. Yep, I respond, I'm ready. They respond, well they checked with our Vet, and Lucky Dog didn't get a kennel cough shot the last time she was there. (I stopped the Kennel Cough shots as we wont board our dogs and she's never around dogs other that our own). Well, I say.......that's ok, she's never around other dogs. They respond....well, you cant bring her in if she doesnt have the shot. WHAT??????? I ask......when did you call the vet? Last week they say. Why the Fu*k did you wait till 30 minutes BEFORE THE VET CLOSES TO CALL ME AND TELL ME THIS??????? (Poor dog was COVERED in hair - they are so busy that they're booking appts. 6 months out for grooming and they have a waiting list of over 30 dogs so getting another appointment in the next few days is impossible.

I release a string of expletives that would make my mother blush (she can make the Pope blush with her curses) and then SLAM the phone down on the Grooming people caller.

Hmmmmmmmm......maybe I'm a little cranky too. Who knew?

Gotta stop typing and run to take the beastie to the groomers and try not to bite anyone's head off. Will try and finish up the story when I get back.
Chunk Yeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #459  
In from the cold

S/C/G: 277 / ticker / 235

Height: 6'3 / 191cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk Yeager View Post
Well, I finally had a crappy day....
Quote:
DISCOMFORT. I KNOW this discomfort. I'm familiar with it....I have grown to have a seething disdain for it. I know what it is, and it is TROUBLE.
Aww no - sounds like it was no good for you or anyone around you. Hope things improve and soon.

Quote:
continued drinking my 190+ oz of water a day that I've been doing.
That is a lot of water. I'm no doctor, but it'll be really, really important to get your electrolytes in.

Quote:
the Government Cheese Traffic Jam.......
Quote:
(hey, what the *********, if I'm going to have someone shoot coffee up my butt, I might as well go to California and make a trip out of it right?)
Haha, genius! A bad day and you still have a sense of humour, so bravo

As for me, well: Day 3 and I'm still not too hungry. Ate [just over] a pound of mussels & about 4 cups of roasted cauliflower for dinner last night.

I currently feel: empty (but not hungry?), light (almost breezy?) and a little bit wooly-headed. Some slight headache, but I'm having some salt & salad right now. I wonder if my blood pressure has dropped already? It's normally OK for a guy my size, but it'd be interesting to know. I might stop into the pharmacy this evening to check.

Quote:
Warm, make sure you are getting enough of that sea salt. For me at least, it really helps with the headaches. I even eat some of the sea salt by itself when I feel a headache coming on, just like an aspirin. Helps a lot. Good luck, seems like you are on the right track!
Thanks JW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
SO take it to the leather shop and get them to add a few holes to it. I think Vet has done that a few times now...Cheaper than buying a new one
Haha, I just stretched out the belt with some clamps and used a cordless drill last time (found a nice cheap belt that was a bit too big for me). I'm sure the leather shop would do a neater job, so I'm taking your advice next time.

...and VET, everyone here has done good things (apart from me - too early to tell) but I'm still especially amazed at what you've already achieved. Look forward to hearing further successes!

-WW
WinterWarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #460  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Funny how they go from to small with your belly hanging out the bottom to looking like a dress.
Year most of my crew neck tshirts look like vnecks they hang so low. It really makes me feel better wearing stuff that fits!

Quote:

Hi there Ron, welcome. This site is truly amazing. The folks here aren't too bad either.

Yo VET, great to hear you are back in the wagon with everyone. Good job at maintaining.

I really need new skivies! They're so much more comfortable. I was scared buying 2XL but they fit perfecly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I've gone to the local leather shop several times and the last few times they had a hole punch at my IP clinic, pretty cool.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #461  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

Height: 5'11"

I realized it was time to buy skivies when mine wouldn't stay up by themselves.
hyrysk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #462  
Started IP on 10/06/2012

Quote:
I realized it was time to buy skivies when mine wouldn't stay up by themselves.

Skivvies? Who wears SKIVVIES?

Last edited by Chunk Yeager; 10-12-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #463  
Started IP on 10/06/2012

Default What a Crappy Day 6 (Part II)

I'm back -

And I continue........

My afternoon became evening, and my discomfort grew. Dinner was not going to happen, but I tried to at least get my #3 product down.

I mixed up a $4 Chocolate drink, poured it into a glass and carried it to my desk where I was working late.

One sip later, I discovered that I'd just wasted $4. I was NOT going to be drinking any more choco-prote-diet drink that night. So I put the glass off to the side and tried to keep my mind occupied so I could ignore the Gastric Cha-Cha going on.

Has anyone ever shaken an IP drink before and then just left it there?

If you have ANY Questions how you can drink 200 CC's of water mixed with 28-30gm of powder and NOT FEEL HUNGRY?

I challenge you to dig out a nasty flavor that you'll never use and mix it up and leave it.

Have you ever seen the movie "Flubber" - the goo just grows and grows and grows? I had to dump my 1 drink into 2 glasses. and then left them again. By the time I was ready for bed, they'd both foamed up/thickened up that they'd topped the glasses!!!!!!!

WOW.

Sleep was uneventful till I woke at 5am today to release some ketones and I laid back down and STARED at the cieling......."PLEASE GOD.....JUST LET ME SLEEP!!!" that went on till around 6:50 (the last time I remember looking at the clock) till I awakened at 10:20 this morning!!!!!!

My traffic jam moved slightly after I awoke, but was looking at day II of "Plugageddon". Then I had an epiphany!!!!!!!

IP Chicken Soup, Mixed with chicken broth, pureed cauliflower is like a natural colonic for me. Mixed up a batch for lunch...........and............

As the little short lady said at the end of "Poltergeist:"

"THIS HOUSE IS CLEAN." http://youtu.be/fWiVQ5cVBMg

Quote:
Well, I finally had a crappy day....or a lack of crap day.

Yup....I got the big colorectal refusal, the big bloated belly blockage, the gut plug, the Government Cheese Traffic Jam.......

Woke up yesterday and had my first shake/drink. No problems.

4 cups of Romaine, WF Caesar Dressing, couple of BAP's (Big AaSsSSed Pickles) and the ever-present Cauliflower.

I tend to like my Second IP Product a couple of hours after lunch once the lettuce smushes down in my stomach and I have more room.

30 minutes later........DISCOMFORT. I KNOW this discomfort. I'm familiar with it....I have grown to have a seething disdain for it. I know what it is, and it is TROUBLE.

So I look up on the "what to do if your body does (insert nasty bodily function malfunction here)" sheet I got in my $225 Folder of paper.

It says take (insert name of some Draino type product I've never heard of before) a couple of times and It'll clean you out. I'm considering more radical methods such as garden hoses, enemas, colonics in California (hey, what the *********, if I'm going to have someone shoot coffee up my butt, I might as well go to California and make a trip out of it right?)

But yet I do nothing.......I'm busy at my desk (I work from home) all day and I just sit and stew. And get cranky, crankier and Crankiest. Oh...and at some point I managed to force drink #2 down - and continued drinking my 190+ oz of water a day that I've been doing.

Dog groomer calls at 4:20 pm (Vet's office closes at 5pm) to confirm Lucky Dog's appointment Friday at 1300 hours. Yep, I respond, I'm ready. They respond, well they checked with our Vet, and Lucky Dog didn't get a kennel cough shot the last time she was there. (I stopped the Kennel Cough shots as we wont board our dogs and she's never around dogs other that our own). Well, I say.......that's ok, she's never around other dogs. They respond....well, you cant bring her in if she doesnt have the shot. WHAT??????? I ask......when did you call the vet? Last week they say. Why the Fu*k did you wait till 30 minutes BEFORE THE VET CLOSES TO CALL ME AND TELL ME THIS??????? (Poor dog was COVERED in hair - they are so busy that they're booking appts. 6 months out for grooming and they have a waiting list of over 30 dogs so getting another appointment in the next few days is impossible.

I release a string of expletives that would make my mother blush (she can make the Pope blush with her curses) and then SLAM the phone down on the Grooming people caller.

Hmmmmmmmm......maybe I'm a little cranky too. Who knew?

Gotta stop typing and run to take the beastie to the groomers and try not to bite anyone's head off. Will try and finish up the story when I get back.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #464  
Dieting Since Birth!

S/C/G: 308/ Ticker /208

Congrats on the smaller sizes gang...awesome!

Belts: I have 2 that were favorites...took them to my tool bench...cut them to new length with sharp sheet rock knife...trimmed the edge and shaped...took drill and drilled new holes...used reamer to clean drilled holes...problem fixed!

Chunk: So glad to hear your colon survived the onslaught! I use Mag07 (google it)...natural and non-habit forming (not a laxative)...I take 3 every night at bedtime and in the morning BANGO....1 visit a day to the head and feel great! Read online reviews about Mag07...all amazing! I give it A+ and nothing ever worked for me before. Nothing.

Well....I am down to 42 jeans...which is a freakin miracle for me...hoping when I get to goal to get to 38's....shirts are 2x now but I like loose shirts so can prob get into xl but don't want to yet.

Looking forward to the weekend...my brother is coming to visit and always a great time!

have a good one gents (and Luv!)....see you all Monday!
cheers
jake
mammoth357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #465  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Good night folks.