3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday 08/02/2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/263967-ip-daily-chat-thursday-08-02-2012-a.html)

rainbowsmiles 08-02-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chloe222 (Post 4425284)
Right now would not eat out at all or be near people who are not a positive influence. Put yourself first.

yep....my sentiments exactly...thats the FIRST thing on my poster...i love this poster!!!

AVOID NEGATIVE SOURCES, PEOPLE, PLACES, THINGS AND HABITS

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7275/7...f7cf238e_b.jpg

i read this poster nearly everyday and can nearly recite it word for word from memory!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chloe222 (Post 4425289)
Rainbow,
Great photo!

THANK YOU:hug::hug::hug::hug:

niks42 08-02-2012 05:30 PM

Hey all - I have searched and searched but cannot find the answer to my question - does anyone know if black beans are a phase 1 approved food?

jennlnige 08-02-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porthardygurl (Post 4425193)
Goooood Afternoon from Hardy, BC

Dieter's forecast for today: Sunny! :) with a chance of "scale crime"

Now for todays TOP Dieter's Headlines:

A huge riot has taken place all over the IP dieting community.. People everywhere are taking extreme measures to get rid of there scales. According to reports, some people have been locking them up in cupboards while others have been tossing them off balconies, or locking them in car trunks. Though we can not say for the record, rumour has it, there are even scales being burnt at the stake. Our eyewitness reporter, went around the community to ask what has sparked this call for severe action on scales. One women responded by saying

"They're liars. All of them! They lie lie lie all the time to my face. I get on the scale one morning and it says "your down" and then i get on the scale the next morning and it says "your'e up" ... Well I've had it! This is the end for my scale. I will not take this rubbish of a scale anymore. It has to go!!"

Wow!! Thats quite the emotional women... Now we go over to live coverage in the court room where the judge will listen to the defense testify for why this crime against scales should stop... We were able to listen in on one testimony from a scale on the witness stand"

"I didnt do nothing wrong! I'm just a scale. My job is to tell the truth all the time. To show you up or down..to give you the real news on the weight of the matter...Why should i be punished because your body doesnt know how to let go of water? Why should i be thrown out, just because you ingested too much sodium. I have feelings too you know...I'm just sittin here doing my job..".

----------------------------------Pause---------------------------------------------------

Aaaaaand... were back folks..looks like the judge has made the verdict...We go live now back to the courtroom to hear the ruling...

Judge: I hearby find the defendent Innocent in regards to the charges of lying and going up and down.

However, since this scale issue has caused such an uproar, I am here by prohibiting you, the townspeople.. of weighing yourself on a daily basis.
Court is adjourned!!!

Well folks you heard it first here on IPTV!!

OMG, these crack me up!!!!!!

Lizzy63 08-02-2012 06:13 PM

No scale for me... I gave it away a few years ago. It just felt unhealthy to focus so much on weight... I think when I get to goal and no longer weigh at the clinic, I'll just drop by my daugter's house once a week and weigh. (That's where my scale is now.)

I'm going to try the turnip fries tonight - can't wait!!!! :)

After losing 12 lbs. the first 2 weeks, I somehow feel like it's slowed down - guess I'll find out on Monday! I'm pretty much expecting that anyhow.

locopollo 08-02-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks42 (Post 4425306)
Hey all - I have searched and searched but cannot find the answer to my question - does anyone know if black beans are a phase 1 approved food?

They have 40g of carb per cup.

scorbett1103 08-02-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

nope, no legumes or nuts allowed in phase 1. Also we can have summer squash but NOT winter squash (spaghetti squash, butternut, pumpkin, acorn).

scorbett1103 08-02-2012 06:27 PM

I want to kiss the person that came up with Big Mac in a bowl.

O.

M.

G.

wuv2bloved 08-02-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1tangigirl (Post 4425225)
Where in LA are you?

Northshore, Tangipahoa Parish and I work in Mandeville

We have a lot of La peeps on here, I myself am in Gulfport, Ms but passing through your neck of the woods tomorrow going to my mom's for the weekend 20 miles south of Lafayette in Kaplan!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoTots (Post 4425264)
Hi everyone. I wil be starting to follow the IP protocol with alternatives in a weeks time. I won't be using a coach or a clinic. When you get measured, where does your coach measure you? Top of arms, bust......? I want to take pics and measure myself when I begin. I'm excited and nervous to begin. i don't want this diet to go the way of all the others, really I'm worried that i will sabotage my self. I read someone here mentioning that people have to "white knuckle" through the cravings and take it meal by meal, day by day to begin with.

The measurments taken are breast, thorax, arm, thigh, hips and waist...at least that is what I do at my clinic :)

Quote:

Nope NO beans of any kind!

shathom 08-02-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna (Post 4424912)
You can do it!!

My first goal is 27lbs gone by my birthday....which also happens to be Sept 25 :-)

You are right Anna, we can do it, love your birthday and my middle name is Ann. My granddaughter's b'day is the 24th of Sep and she will be 21 (whew I'm getting old LOL)

shathom 08-02-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizRR (Post 4424916)
My final WI for Phase 1 is tomorrow - wish me a whoosh! I'd LOVE to officially be at goal! I'm pretty close now (home scale says 142.8, it said 141.6 last week though...darn TOM!).

HUGE WOOSH being sent your way :D

shathom 08-02-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodster (Post 4425052)
Hi All......WI #4 is tomorrow...(biting fingernails in anticipation)....BUT..my pants are definitely looser today..YAY....AND even better news..I think my mom is going to start IP next week!! This is awesome....and I love you all!! (I am having a super emotional day)...Love and Hugs to everyone!!

Good luck on your day and any WI's.....

You've got this, we love you too :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeniris (Post 4425151)
Had my WI this morning...down 4 lbs & 3"! (I only WI every 2 weeks)
Overall, I'm down 28 1/2 lbs & 24", and my BMI has dropped from 36.2 to 29.1! % of fat dropped from 43.7 to 38.8 (though they say this one may not always be accurate).

Shatham - think you sent your tummy ache up north...actually think it might be the Benefiber I've been taking. Will have to switch to something else to see if it helps.

Congrats to all with NSVs and good WIs today!

Sorry about the tummy ache, thought mine was feeling better but it's been off an on again today, not sorry about the WI, woohoo, Rock it :D:D

shathom 08-02-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4425133)
oooo i will never forget that older man singing that!!! :D:D

Loving your new pic, woo hoo!

Jodster 08-02-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julied31 (Post 4424753)
Hi, my name is Julie, and I'm an every day weigher...!! I'm on my 9th week, so I've been through fluctuations, but today I was 3 pounds higher than I was on Monday. I don't like it!! Hopefully it will whoosh right off. I was REALLY hungry yesterday, but didn't cheat at all. I know I shouldn't worry about it. Maybe I'll try not to weigh again until Sunday, which is my WI day....I doubt I can do it, though!!

This week has seemed so long....not sure why! So glad tomorrow's Friday!!

LOL....Oh Julie..I was too until my DH THREW OUT our scale...he said the stress it was causing me was not helping my weight loss!! If you can "be Okay" with the changes or lack there of then it is okay....not so much for me!!

Jodster 08-02-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4424911)
[/COLOR]

You asked for it so here it goes......lol.....YOU are the ONLY one to control what you put in your mouth.....Think about why you are eating it....are you bored? eating it just because it is there? are you really tasting it? probably NOT.....Even though you are getting your compliments you are NOT done yet, you are just getting started. You need to STOP re-evaluate WHY are you doing this....are you doing it for YOU or someone else? If you are doing it for YOU, then YOU need to TALK to yourself.....ALOT....when you go to take that bite say....OH NO YOU DON"T....this will set you back from all of the hard work you have done....I AM WORTH IT.....You are spending a LOT of money, each time you "cheat" you are throwing money away!!!.....make yourself a jar....each time you think about cheating put $1 in it.....before long you will see just how much money you are wasting. GO BACK to the BASICS.....YOU CAN DO THIS....BELIEVE IN YOURSELF......NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!.......ok...I am done....lol

Oh my goodness...I am pretty brand new on here and I too love you WUV!! You are absolutely 100% right....this pep talk helped me too and I haven't and don't plan on cheating...AT ALL!!

wuv2bloved 08-02-2012 07:15 PM

[/COLOR]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodster (Post 4425383)
Oh my goodness...I am pretty brand new on here and I too love you WUV!! You are absolutely 100% right....this pep talk helped me too and I haven't and don't plan on cheating...AT ALL!!

Well I am glad Y'all didn't think I was too harsh, I only speak the truth when it comes to the program, I live, eat and breathe IP. I have for the last 65 weeks and still continue to do so!