3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday 08/02/2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/263967-ip-daily-chat-thursday-08-02-2012-a.html)

rissimo 08-02-2012 06:26 AM

IP Daily Chat Thursday 08/02/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Sonyasbug 08-02-2012 06:50 AM

Good morning. Have a fantastic OP day everyone, it's almost Friday!!:carrot:

drakegirl 08-02-2012 07:01 AM

Good morning IPeeps! Well the good news is my 16's are TOO BIG!!! The bad news is that now I have nothing to wear to work again... but that's okay - I guess it's time to hit Nordstrom Rack and hope to find stuff.
Happy OP Day all!

chremme 08-02-2012 07:29 AM

Lost...

drakegirl - Big congrats! Shopping for smaller clothes - what a drag ;) And fantastic excuse!

Questions : is anyone here on or done with Phase 3? I'm so lost...

I'm about to make my second breakfast on Phase 3 this morning and was wondering if I could get some feedback on it as I'm still super confused and unsure about how to handle this phase.

BREAKFAST YESTERDAY:
1 slice of bread: 35 cal 0 fat 8 carb 2 protein
1 hard-boiled egg: 78 cal 5.3 fat .5 carb 6.29 protein
Yogurt cup: 45 cal 2 fat 3 carb 5 protein
1 cup of strawberries: 53 cal .5 fat 12.75 carb 1.11 protein
1/2 IP vanilla pudding: 45 cal .5 fat 1 carb 9 protein
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
256 cal 8.3 fat 25.25 carb 21.6 protein

BREAKFAST TODAY:
3.25 oz (6 tbsp) egg white: 50 cal 0 fat 0 carb 10 protein
1 oz neufchatel cheese 70 cal 6 fat 1 carb 2 protein
.5 cup of strawberries: 26.5 cal .25 fat 6.375 carb .555 protein
.5 cup of rhubarb 13 cal 0.12 fat 2.77 carb .55 protein
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------grand total: 194.5 cal 6.37 fat 18.145 carb 15.10 protein

I've fallen in love with mixing IP vanilla pudding packets with iced coffee in the morning, so used a half pack yesterday morning (since I noticed my protein levels were low anyway). Is this okay to do again today?

I still have an IP Crispy Cereal packet as well as an Omelet IP packet, can I use these at breakfast to supplement the rest of my meal?

Same goes for dinner... I have a ton of Chicken soup packets left, if I use one to cook with, should I still be getting my 8 oz. of meat protein with that meal?

I apologize for so many questions, just want to make sure I don't screw this up and backtrack!

Thanks, all. Have a great day!
Christine

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakegirl (Post 4424621)
Good morning IPeeps! Well the good news is my 16's are TOO BIG!!! The bad news is that now I have nothing to wear to work again... but that's okay - I guess it's time to hit Nordstrom Rack and hope to find stuff.
Happy OP Day all!

SewingMomma 08-02-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Happy OP Day all!

Gotta love the too big clothes! Congrats. Hope you find some good deals today!:carrot::carrot:

lisa32989 08-02-2012 07:39 AM

Hi all. Day 4 here.

So far the structure of the program has been exactly what I was looking for. Smooth sailing. Let's hope I didn't just jinx myself!

Today's plan starts with a spinach/cappuccino shake. I'm gonna try to go in to my center to buy some different packets b/c IMHO I have too many sweets and not enough savories. I don't like the idea of sweet with veggies (unless I'm making pancakes/muffins, but I'm not always home to cook & it's just too doggone hot in St Louis to bake right now).

Congrats on too big clothes and Phase 3!

Have a 100% day everyone! ttyl

SewingMomma 08-02-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4424649)
Hi all. Day 4 here.

So far the structure of the program has been exactly what I was looking for. Smooth sailing.

The structure is what's kept me on the program for 8 months. Just follow the rules, and the weight will come off! If I can stick to a program for this long w/o cheating anyone can!:)

scorbett1103 08-02-2012 08:18 AM

Happy Thursday! Hope everyone has a little fun planned in their day!

Quote:

Happy OP Day all!

An excuse to shop is NEVER bad news :) Congrats on the new size!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4424649)
Hi all. Day 4 here.

So far the structure of the program has been exactly what I was looking for. Smooth sailing. Let's hope I didn't just jinx myself!

Today's plan starts with a spinach/cappuccino shake. I'm gonna try to go in to my center to buy some different packets b/c IMHO I have too many sweets and not enough savories. I don't like the idea of sweet with veggies (unless I'm making pancakes/muffins, but I'm not always home to cook & it's just too doggone hot in St Louis to bake right now).

Congrats on too big clothes and Phase 3!

Good luck! I just finished my first week and I totally agree, the way the program is structured makes it so easy to follow. The (few) people I know who were unsuccessful were really just closed-minded about making new food choices, there are SO many good ideas on these boards to keep things interesting and stay OP!

RE: Savory choices - have you tried the Fine Herb & Cheese omelette yet? It's one of my favorites and easy to doctor with additional seasonings and veggies for a big variety of non-sweet breakfasts!

missa1013 08-02-2012 08:46 AM

Starting on 4th week....

Well the first 3 weeks on IP...finally got over the hunger for the most part and managed to stick it out the whole way through. Am down 19 lbs so I am pretty darn happy about it :) Sometimes I feel the urge to cheat, but manage to power through those urges.....it is tough though.

shathom 08-02-2012 08:50 AM

Good morning all, woke up feeling great after the tummy ache yesterday. This week seems to have flown by, and the month also, already August! Well for me here in FL, just waiting for Oct and some cooler weather. Ok IP buddies, I am shooting for 15 more lbs gone by my birthday next month (25 Sep), that will put me in onederland, what a glorious birthday present that will be. Keep the fingers crossed for me!

salmongirl 08-02-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chremme (Post 4424638)
drakegirl - Big congrats! Shopping for smaller clothes - what a drag ;) And fantastic excuse!

Questions : is anyone here on or done with Phase 3? I'm so lost...

I'm about to make my second breakfast on Phase 3 this morning and was wondering if I could get some feedback on it as I'm still super confused and unsure about how to handle this phase.

BREAKFAST YESTERDAY:
1 hard-boiled egg: 78 cal 5.3 fat .5 carb 6.29 protein
Yogurt cup: 45 cal 2 fat 3 carb 5 protein
1 cup of strawberries: 53 cal .5 fat 12.75 carb 1.11 protein
1/2 IP vanilla pudding: 45 cal .5 fat 1 carb 9 protein
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
256 cal 8.3 fat 25.25 carb 21.6 protein

BREAKFAST TODAY:
3.25 oz (6 tbsp) egg white: 50 cal 0 fat 0 carb 10 protein
1 oz neufchatel cheese 70 cal 6 fat 1 carb 2 protein
.5 cup of strawberries: 26.5 cal .25 fat 6.375 carb .555 protein
.5 cup of rhubarb 13 cal 0.12 fat 2.77 carb .55 protein
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------grand total: 194.5 cal 6.37 fat 18.145 carb 15.10 protein

I've fallen in love with mixing IP vanilla pudding packets with iced coffee in the morning, so used a half pack yesterday morning (since I noticed my protein levels were low anyway). Is this okay to do again today?

I still have an IP Crispy Cereal packet as well as an Omelet IP packet, can I use these at breakfast to supplement the rest of my meal?

Same goes for dinner... I have a ton of Chicken soup packets left, if I use one to cook with, should I still be getting my 8 oz. of meat protein with that meal?

I apologize for so many questions, just want to make sure I don't screw this up and backtrack!

Thanks, all. Have a great day!
Christine

You might try posting on the maintainers thread as most of us on this thread are on phase one.

salmongirl 08-02-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SewingMomma (Post 4424658)
The structure is what's kept me on the program for 8 months. Just follow the rules, and the weight will come off! If I can stick to a program for this long w/o cheating anyone can!:)

I know I can stick to it and it really has been easier than I thought!
Quote:

Originally Posted by missa1013 (Post 4424709)
Well the first 3 weeks on IP...finally got over the hunger for the most part and managed to stick it out the whole way through. Am down 19 lbs so I am pretty darn happy about it :) Sometimes I feel the urge to cheat, but manage to power through those urges.....it is tough though.

Stick with it it becomes second nature and the rewards are gigantic !

salmongirl 08-02-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shathom (Post 4424720)
Good morning all, woke up feeling great after the tummy ache yesterday. This week seems to have flown by, and the month also, already August! Well for me here in FL, just waiting for Oct and some cooler weather. Ok IP buddies, I am shooting for 15 more lbs gone by my birthday next month (25 Sep), that will put me in onederland, what a glorious birthday present that will be. Keep the fingers crossed for me!

You got this! I will be sending energy your way!

julied31 08-02-2012 09:17 AM

Hi, my name is Julie, and I'm an every day weigher...!! I'm on my 9th week, so I've been through fluctuations, but today I was 3 pounds higher than I was on Monday. I don't like it!! Hopefully it will whoosh right off. I was REALLY hungry yesterday, but didn't cheat at all. I know I shouldn't worry about it. Maybe I'll try not to weigh again until Sunday, which is my WI day....I doubt I can do it, though!!

This week has seemed so long....not sure why! So glad tomorrow's Friday!!

jennlnige 08-02-2012 09:18 AM

Happy Thursday to everyone!!!! Just got yesterdays daily thread caught up. There were some great losses!! :cp:

Now that one of my children are back in school, it might be a bigger test for me. I don't want to fall back to what I used to do when I got tired, which was stuff my face with whatever I could find. Yesterday when I got tired, that didn't even cross my mind. I just wanted to sleep, didn't feel like eating. When it was time for dinner, had to make myself make it and eat it. So while I'm glad I didn't have the urge to pig out, I'm afraid as the days go on, that urge might sneak back. And I have never been one of those who can just take a nap. Besides having kids to look after, I get really bad headaches when I take a nap.

I think the one thing that helps is knowing how well IP is working for me. I'm still loving that despite only having a 2.6 loss, I had a 4.2 loss of fat, and 1.6 gain of muscle. That muscle gain speaks volumes to me. I mean I can actually gain muscle without exercising, that's Awesome!!

Anyway, I'm rambling!!;)

I hope everyone has a great day!!