3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday 08/02/2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/263967-ip-daily-chat-thursday-08-02-2012-a.html)

fourstubbs 08-02-2012 02:25 PM

Tomorrow is weigh in #2...I hope I see some movement on the scale after my .6 pound loss last week! I've been completely OP so I should hope so! One fantastic thing for me is that this morning my blood sugar was 102!! That is :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:!! I had a butterscotch shake this morning, couldn't finish the whole thing! Phase 1 is not too hard, easy to stick to, except the first couple days when I wanted to stick my head in a jar of peanut butter! :D

rainbowsmiles 08-02-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4425043)
"Pants on the ground, pants on the ground.... Lookin like a fool with your pants on the ground" Best American Idol episode EVER!!!

oooo i will never forget that older man singing that!!! :D:D

scorbett1103 08-02-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4425128)
I never thought about using my ricer for anything other than potatoes. Have you used yours to make mashed cauliflower? I'm wondering what else I can use it for on IP.

I was planning on trying it to make the mashed cauli with, but I'm also thinking stuff that works like a potato (I.E. turnips) might also be able to go through the ricer if I cook them well enough. Since I won't be making anything in huge batches the ricer is easier to pull out than some of the other appliances :)

kamikazecat 08-02-2012 02:26 PM

Hi everyone! Just checking in. I am on day 2 and am feeling pretty good, just really tired and a slight headache but I know those will go away shortly. I hope everyone has an awesome OP day!

Hgamroth 08-02-2012 02:29 PM

I decided to make mashed cauliflower for my whole family so I did the entire head of cauliflower instead of measuring out my 2 cups and cooking that. I don't think I can have 2 cups mashed can I since we are supposed to measure veggies raw? Does anyone have an idea on how much I should have that would equal the equivalent of 2 cups?

Blueskywyoming 08-02-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2hi (Post 4425002)
Have you read the thread "The real cost of cheating" it really does a great job of explaining the true impact of not staying 100% OP.

Thanks for the reference to this thread, Mom2hi, well worth the read.

1tangigirl 08-02-2012 02:36 PM

Hello all, Congrats to everyone on those loose clothes. What a good feeling!!! I started a month ago but took a week off due to some very upsetting news but even still have lost 15 pounds according to my scale. (I also am addicted to weighing every day, but I have faith that as long as I am following the diet I will be losing no matter what mr. scale says). I am confessing my sins...I don't think I am actually op because I have been mostly eating only the ip packets and none of the vege. I started out with this thinking I would do a few days of ip boot camp but it is soooo easy and working so well that I just kept on and am eating a meal only when going out or I feel the need which isn't often. (I really hate preparing meals). How bad is it for me and what might be the consequences.... Thanks all for the post. Love hearing all the good news and pep talks. 1tangi...WHO DAT!!! I am ready for some football,

scorbett1103 08-02-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hgamroth (Post 4425137)
I decided to make mashed cauliflower for my whole family so I did the entire head of cauliflower instead of measuring out my 2 cups and cooking that. I don't think I can have 2 cups mashed can I since we are supposed to measure veggies raw? Does anyone have an idea on how much I should have that would equal the equivalent of 2 cups?

I ballparked it and reduced it by half. I am trying not to over-intellectualize the 1 cup rule (for example, 1 cup of big chunks of cauliflower is going to be less actual veggie than 1 cup of cauliflower diced kind of small - but the difference isn't going to kill me) but with mashed it's a pretty significant difference so the "half' rule makes it easier :)

greeniris 08-02-2012 02:47 PM

Had my WI this morning...down 4 lbs & 3"! (I only WI every 2 weeks)
Overall, I'm down 28 1/2 lbs & 24", and my BMI has dropped from 36.2 to 29.1! % of fat dropped from 43.7 to 38.8 (though they say this one may not always be accurate).

Shatham - think you sent your tummy ache up north...actually think it might be the Benefiber I've been taking. Will have to switch to something else to see if it helps.

Congrats to all with NSVs and good WIs today!

wuv2bloved 08-02-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamikazecat (Post 4425135)
Hi everyone! Just checking in. I am on day 2 and am feeling pretty good, just really tired and a slight headache but I know those will go away shortly. I hope everyone has an awesome OP day!

put 1/4 tsp of sea salt in the palm of your hand, lick it then drink some water within 15 mins your headache will be gone. Your BP and electrolytes are low....try it if you haven't already :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1tangigirl (Post 4425141)
Hello all, Congrats to everyone on those loose clothes. What a good feeling!!! I started a month ago but took a week off due to some very upsetting news but even still have lost 15 pounds according to my scale. (I also am addicted to weighing every day, but I have faith that as long as I am following the diet I will be losing no matter what mr. scale says). I am confessing my sins...I don't think I am actually op because I have been mostly eating only the ip packets and none of the vege. I started out with this thinking I would do a few days of ip boot camp but it is soooo easy and working so well that I just kept on and am eating a meal only when going out or I feel the need which isn't often. (I really hate preparing meals). How bad is it for me and what might be the consequences.... Thanks all for the post. Love hearing all the good news and pep talks. 1tangi...WHO DAT!!! I am ready for some football,

Where in LA are you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeniris (Post 4425151)
Had my WI this morning...down 4 lbs & 3"! (I only WI every 2 weeks)
Overall, I'm down 28 1/2 lbs & 24", and my BMI has dropped from 36.2 to 29.1! % of fat dropped from 43.7 to 38.8 (though they say this one may not always be accurate).

Shatham - think you sent your tummy ache up north...actually think it might be the Benefiber I've been taking. Will have to switch to something else to see if it helps.

Congrats to all with NSVs and good WIs today!

COngrats on a great WI!

greeniris 08-02-2012 02:53 PM

Rainbow - You look fantastic!!!! WOW:woohoo:

Hgamroth 08-02-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4425142)
I ballparked it and reduced it by half. I am trying not to over-intellectualize the 1 cup rule (for example, 1 cup of big chunks of cauliflower is going to be less actual veggie than 1 cup of cauliflower diced kind of small - but the difference isn't going to kill me) but with mashed it's a pretty significant difference so the "half' rule makes it easier :)

That is what I figured too. I don't want to overanalyze but my coach thinks I go over on my veggies at times so I am really trying to carefully measure everything. I am 100% OP and I am wanting to get the most loss for my $$$ I can!

aimeed3 08-02-2012 03:04 PM

Oh my! I CANNOT wait for tomorrow's breakfast. It's the strawberry wafers. YUMMMM!!
Just thinking out loud, LOL

Oh and Wuv, I am going to freeze them tonight..

greeniris 08-02-2012 03:12 PM

Forgot to say - I (just barely) dropped into the next decade today. Next WI I hope to make my goal of making the halfway point (even if I do have a cast on my foot by then :o)!

clh99002 08-02-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hgamroth (Post 4425137)

I had mashed cauliflower/turnip last night and 2 cups was a fist and a half for me...seemed like a lot, but I weighed it prior to cooking and only added Olivio spray butter and seasoning.