3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday 08/02/2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/263967-ip-daily-chat-thursday-08-02-2012-a.html)

lisa32989 08-02-2012 11:00 AM

So today I'm debating between an Actifry (I read abut it on other threads) and a countertop convection oven (CCO). I used to have a CCO and used it regularly for years until it broke. It's so hot in St Louis in the summer, it would be nice to be able to bake (or roast veggies) without turning on the whole oven and heating up several rooms!

I'm thinking a CCO will do for me what an Actifry will do but will be more versatile.

I have have tons of kitchen gadgets which make this new lifestyle easier. I lusted after a Vitamix for years until I finally took the plunge (literally about 25 years). Really glad I did. It liquifies the spinach in my smoothies in seconds. Other helpful items include my food processor, stick blender, and George Foreman grill.

If I get the CCO, I'll probably get rid of the rotisserie. I just can't keep it all! My hubby already commented about counter space for another gadget, although they aren't All on the counters!

scorbett1103 08-02-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4424888)
So today I'm debating between an Actifry (I read abut it on other threads) and a countertop convection oven (CCO). I used to have a CCO and used it regularly for years until it broke. It's so hot in St Louis in the summer, it would be nice to be able to bake (or roast veggies) without turning on the whole oven and heating up several rooms!

I'm thinking a CCO will do for me what an Actifry will do but will be more versatile.

I have have tons of kitchen gadgets which make this new lifestyle easier. I lusted after a Vitamix for years until I finally took the plunge (literally about 25 years). Really glad I did. It liquifies the spinach in my smoothies in seconds. Other helpful items include my food processor, stick blender, and George Foreman grill.

If I get the CCO, I'll probably get rid of the rotisserie. I just can't keep it all! My hubby already commented about counter space for another gadget, although they aren't All on the counters!

HAHA I can relate! I had a lot of gadgets before, but I've only been OP for a week and there's already a shiny new ricer and mandolin sitting in my kitchen. I also pulled out the Magic Bullet for the first time since making baby food for my littlest (now 3 yrs)!

lisa32989 08-02-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jewels6899 (Post 4424878)
K, I started IP the end of May...I weighed in today and I'm down a total of 40lbs....I'm very excited...On the other hand...I have a job interview which is a physical hands on factory simulation for 5 hours on Tuesday. I've talked to my instructor and she is allowing me to go out of ketsosis(sp) on Monday and start back full force on Wednesday morning. I have to eat properly those 2 days so I have lots of energy to full this intererview...

Any advice?

I did Atkins back in 2002-3 & was in Ketosis for over a year while I lost 100 lbs (oh how I wish I learned how to maintain then!). I worked out pretty strenuously during that time. You might need more food that day...additional IP packets, additional fat for energy, or a Phase 2 day with two protein meals instead of one, none of which will knock you out of Ketosis. You don't really need starches tho.

kmstacy 08-02-2012 11:10 AM

I need some tough love...the past couple weeks I have cheated a day or two..last week i ended up with a 1 pound loss and WI is later today and by my scale I am the same..I don't know what my problem is..its like most of the week I do great then a day or two before WI we go out to eat and I tell myself it will be ok but its not..people have been commenting on my weight loss so i don't know if the compliments went to my head or what...why am I sabotaging myself ??and how to I get myself 100 percent back on track? has anyone else been thru this? please help! I feel like I am going crazy

lisa32989 08-02-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4424891)
HAHA I can relate! I had a lot of gadgets before, but I've only been OP for a week and there's already a shiny new ricer and mandolin sitting in my kitchen. I also pulled out the Magic Bullet for the first time since making baby food for my littlest (now 3 yrs)!

Contemplating all 3 of those, too. :sssh:
I can't do it now, we just got home from a month-long vacation in Northern MI & the bills are coming in :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

wuv2bloved 08-02-2012 11:17 AM

[/COLOR]
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmstacy (Post 4424901)
I need some tough love...the past couple weeks I have cheated a day or two..last week i ended up with a 1 pound loss and WI is later today and by my scale I am the same..I don't know what my problem is..its like most of the week I do great then a day or two before WI we go out to eat and I tell myself it will be ok but its not..people have been commenting on my weight loss so i don't know if the compliments went to my head or what...why am I sabotaging myself ??and how to I get myself 100 percent back on track? has anyone else been thru this? please help! I feel like I am going crazy

You asked for it so here it goes......lol.....YOU are the ONLY one to control what you put in your mouth.....Think about why you are eating it....are you bored? eating it just because it is there? are you really tasting it? probably NOT.....Even though you are getting your compliments you are NOT done yet, you are just getting started. You need to STOP re-evaluate WHY are you doing this....are you doing it for YOU or someone else? If you are doing it for YOU, then YOU need to TALK to yourself.....ALOT....when you go to take that bite say....OH NO YOU DON"T....this will set you back from all of the hard work you have done....I AM WORTH IT.....You are spending a LOT of money, each time you "cheat" you are throwing money away!!!.....make yourself a jar....each time you think about cheating put $1 in it.....before long you will see just how much money you are wasting. GO BACK to the BASICS.....YOU CAN DO THIS....BELIEVE IN YOURSELF......NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!.......ok...I am done....lol

AnnaBoBanna 08-02-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shathom (Post 4424720)
Good morning all, woke up feeling great after the tummy ache yesterday. This week seems to have flown by, and the month also, already August! Well for me here in FL, just waiting for Oct and some cooler weather. Ok IP buddies, I am shooting for 15 more lbs gone by my birthday next month (25 Sep), that will put me in onederland, what a glorious birthday present that will be. Keep the fingers crossed for me!

You can do it!!

My first goal is 27lbs gone by my birthday....which also happens to be Sept 25 :-)

Hgamroth 08-02-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4424891)

Thanks for the info on the chia seeds! I figured they would be high in carbs, what isn't?! My littlest one is 3 as well and my magic bullet started getting used and abused when I started this program. I have now upgraded to a Ninja and LOVE IT!

Momto2cs 08-02-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4424896)
I did Atkins back in 2002-3 & was in Ketosis for over a year while I lost 100 lbs (oh how I wish I learned how to maintain then!). I worked out pretty strenuously during that time. You might need more food that day...additional IP packets, additional fat for energy, or a Phase 2 day with two protein meals instead of one, none of which will knock you out of Ketosis. You don't really need starches tho.

I agree. There is no need for carbs for physical activity. One weekend I did a 3 hour Zumba/spin a thon. Not problem. I just added a couple of eggs.

I do at least 60 minutes of high intensity exercise every day. If you are used to ketosis the body adapts.

LizRR 08-02-2012 11:19 AM

Howdy IPeeps - yesterday was pretty tough. I forgot my lunch packet and didn't realize it until the caf at work was closed - otherwise I would have gotten a chicken breast. I had my veggie puree and 'stuck it out' until 2:30pm (I work part time) to get my hours in. Then I went home and made mock french toast, picked up my son & ran errands, had my soy puffs and made a HUGE miracle noodle stirfry with cucumber noodles, ran some more errands, then came back home & did some chores & veggie prep and had frozen IP yogurt w/a touch of stewed rhubarb. I was POOPED all day - even after eating my food - I really can't skip or prolong meals or else my energy level really suffers.

I remembered today though! Hope everyone has a great day! My final WI for Phase 1 is tomorrow - wish me a whoosh! I'd LOVE to officially be at goal! I'm pretty close now (home scale says 142.8, it said 141.6 last week though...darn TOM!).

Quote:

Originally Posted by julied31 (Post 4424753)
Hi, my name is Julie, and I'm an every day weigher...!! I'm on my 9th week, so I've been through fluctuations, but today I was 3 pounds higher than I was on Monday. I don't like it!! Hopefully it will whoosh right off. I was REALLY hungry yesterday, but didn't cheat at all. I know I shouldn't worry about it. Maybe I'll try not to weigh again until Sunday, which is my WI day....I doubt I can do it, though!!

I am a daily weigher as well - but I don't take it very personally, as I know I am 100% OP and track everything I eat and my activity. I do it more for informational purposes because I know there is no way that you can't lose on Phase 1 if you follow protocol. There is no way that you can gain 3lb of fat in a few days on this plan - I'm actually up a few pounds myself - but I know that TOM is coming soon. If you take the scale too personally it's best to step off of it, as you don't want to set yourself up for disapointment and self sabotage - because this plan WORKS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4424826)
I have always been a daily weigher. It is good in maintenance, not so good in phase 1.

Just remember that if you are staying op that it is all water fluctuations and will resolve. There is no possible way you eat enough to gain 3 pounds.

Note what foods you ate. If I eat turnip fries I am always up for a day.

LISTEN TO EVERYTHING THIS WOMAN SAYS!

kmstacy 08-02-2012 11:21 AM

Thank you WUV..I know you are right, you are such an inspiration!
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4424911)
[/COLOR]

You asked for it so here it goes......lol.....YOU are the ONLY one to control what you put in your mouth.....Think about why you are eating it....are you bored? eating it just because it is there? are you really tasting it? probably NOT.....Even though you are getting your compliments you are NOT done yet, you are just getting started. You need to STOP re-evaluate WHY are you doing this....are you doing it for YOU or someone else? If you are doing it for YOU, then YOU need to TALK to yourself.....ALOT....when you go to take that bite say....OH NO YOU DON"T....this will set you back from all of the hard work you have done....I AM WORTH IT.....You are spending a LOT of money, each time you "cheat" you are throwing money away!!!.....make yourself a jar....each time you think about cheating put $1 in it.....before long you will see just how much money you are wasting. GO BACK to the BASICS.....YOU CAN DO THIS....BELIEVE IN YOURSELF......NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!.......ok...I am done....lol

clh99002 08-02-2012 11:41 AM

Good morning/afternoon!

Where has the time gone this morning? I am looking forward to meeting some of my friends tonight for dinner. I just checked out the menu and it certainly is very carbolicious (lobster mac and cheese would be totally awesome). Grilled shrimp over salad for me. :carrot:

LizRR One of my biggest fears is forgetting my IP packets at home. I even have had dreams about this. I am going to have to start stashing emergency kits everywhere...purse, work, car...haha! Anyone else do this?

Julied31 Yesterday I went on a rant about how I am going to make my husband hide my scale. For fun (yea right) I weighed myself before bed and then again before getting in the shower this morning. No food in between and there was a -2lb difference. Really? Bodies are weird.

wuv2bloved 08-02-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aimeed3 (Post 4424828)
Good Morning everyone!

I am starting to get nervous about this camping trip. I mean I will only be gone one full day from home. I know I can stay OP but I am worried about getting all my veggies in. I'll just have to make sure I packed everything I need (which will have to be done tonight) since we are leaving right after work tomorrow.

Looks like alot of you have had some aweome losses this week so far. That it great.

I am starting to feel my pants falling down. I can tell when I am walking b/c I end up walking on the back part of my pants. What a good feeling!

Sunday is the day. First preseason football game! WHO DAT!!

Hope everyone has a good OP day!!

Bring you a bag of cut of veggies, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, bell pepper slices....the ones you don't need to put in the fridge. Its that time already??...WOW...I didn't realize that!.....I am READY for some FOOTBALL!!!!

Tigerlvr52 08-02-2012 12:07 PM

This may be complete TMI but I have to say something. Monday is my one year wedding anniversary and my TOM started yesterday. DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really wanted my goal of 50lbs down by the anniversary date to be done but since I am holding water.... It's not looking good

Sad Panda.

Well hopefully by the time I step on the scale Sunday Morning I am a bit closer. We are leaving for a trip to Levenworth. A little town in the mountains that looks like it should be in the Sound of Music. Yay anniversary. Yay almost 50lbs down... Boo TOM..... :(

CarCamMom 08-02-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julied31 (Post 4424753)
Hi, my name is Julie, and I'm an every day weigher...!! I'm on my 9th week, so I've been through fluctuations, but today I was 3 pounds higher than I was on Monday. I don't like it!! Hopefully it will whoosh right off. I was REALLY hungry yesterday, but didn't cheat at all. I know I shouldn't worry about it. Maybe I'll try not to weigh again until Sunday, which is my WI day....I doubt I can do it, though!!

This week has seemed so long....not sure why! So glad tomorrow's Friday!!

Hi Julie! Sounds like you're more on track this week...weren't you a slacker last week? ;) They say hunger means a great big whoosh is coming!!!