3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday 08/02/2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/263967-ip-daily-chat-thursday-08-02-2012-a.html)

mom2hi 08-02-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmstacy (Post 4424901)
I need some tough love...the past couple weeks I have cheated a day or two..last week i ended up with a 1 pound loss and WI is later today and by my scale I am the same..I don't know what my problem is..its like most of the week I do great then a day or two before WI we go out to eat and I tell myself it will be ok but its not..people have been commenting on my weight loss so i don't know if the compliments went to my head or what...why am I sabotaging myself ??and how to I get myself 100 percent back on track? has anyone else been thru this? please help! I feel like I am going crazy

Have you read the thread "The real cost of cheating" it really does a great job of explaining the true impact of not staying 100% OP.

SheenaB 08-02-2012 12:34 PM

Good morning everyone!

My poor little boy (7 months old) was up all night with a cough and really congested, so we sat in the bathroom for a good hour with the steam on. It seemed to help. I hope we have a better night tonight because my daughter (4 years old) is a ball of energy and I dont think this mama can handle another day like this... sooo tired hahaha!

This morning for breakfast I made the crispy pancake it was SOOOO YUMMY!!! I only wish tere was another one! I found it wasnt as filling as the omelett or drinks. So I think I will use that as my snack instead of main meal. But it was pretty darn good!

It's a rainy day here so my hubby will want a hearty meal (he's a carpenter) because he will be super tired and famished after working outside for 10 hours in the rain. So needless to say my family is going to have this yummy curried culiflower and ham casserole with stovetop on the top..

I am going to make myself grilled chicken with roasted garlic mash, and sauted zucinni. It will be good! And for desert maybe a blended shake.

Its amazing how even after only 3 weeks I dont really have cravings and I dont have the temptation to eat the cfrap that everone else is. Because when Im eating my really healthy dinner I KNOW IM CANGING MY LIFE FOREVER!!! And that what makes it 'easy'!

Now that I am getting the hang of things. IP is the best thing I could have done fore myself.

:):):):):):):):):):)

scorbett1103 08-02-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hgamroth (Post 4424913)
Thanks for the info on the chia seeds! I figured they would be high in carbs, what isn't?! My littlest one is 3 as well and my magic bullet started getting used and abused when I started this program. I have now upgraded to a Ninja and LOVE IT!

no problem! I'm kinda obsessive about hunting down information. I'd make a great game show researcher :) I actually ended up bookmarking that site, it had a lot of nutritional info on natural foods that I know I'll find handy as I progress!

I was thinking about a Ninja, but for now the Bullet does the trick :) There are so many other things I can get that I DON'T have yet, why replace something that still works! :)

samachi 08-02-2012 12:50 PM

Good Morning All!

It's my first post on this site and I just want to say, thank you to everyone who does post here! I feel like in my times of need, this site has helped me more than anything else!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I'm on vacation and it's been quite a struggle eating every 4 hours, I lost 0.2lbs today in my own WI. I did go down 3 inches! It was still an incredible feeling!!! :dizzy:

Hope you all have a great day!! I'm off to enjoy some vanilla pudding!

mompattie 08-02-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aimeed3 (Post 4424828)
Good Morning everyone!

I am starting to get nervous about this camping trip. I mean I will only be gone one full day from home. I know I can stay OP but I am worried about getting all my veggies in. I'll just have to make sure I packed everything I need (which will have to be done tonight) since we are leaving right after work tomorrow.

Looks like alot of you have had some aweome losses this week so far. That it great.

I am starting to feel my pants falling down. I can tell when I am walking b/c I end up walking on the back part of my pants. What a good feeling!

Sunday is the day. First preseason football game! WHO DAT!!

Hope everyone has a good OP day!!

"Pants on the ground, pants on the ground.... Lookin like a fooh witch your pants on the ground" Best American Idol episode EVER!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4424911)
[/COLOR]

You asked for it so here it goes......lol.....YOU are the ONLY one to control what you put in your mouth.....Think about why you are eating it....are you bored? eating it just because it is there? are you really tasting it? probably NOT.....Even though you are getting your compliments you are NOT done yet, you are just getting started. You need to STOP re-evaluate WHY are you doing this....are you doing it for YOU or someone else? If you are doing it for YOU, then YOU need to TALK to yourself.....ALOT....when you go to take that bite say....OH NO YOU DON"T....this will set you back from all of the hard work you have done....I AM WORTH IT.....You are spending a LOT of money, each time you "cheat" you are throwing money away!!!.....make yourself a jar....each time you think about cheating put $1 in it.....before long you will see just how much money you are wasting. GO BACK to the BASICS.....YOU CAN DO THIS....BELIEVE IN YOURSELF......NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!.......ok...I am done....lol

YOU ROCK WUV!!!! That's it, sooo good for everyone to hear!!!

Jodster 08-02-2012 01:09 PM

Hi All......WI #4 is tomorrow...(biting fingernails in anticipation)....BUT..my pants are definitely looser today..YAY....AND even better news..I think my mom is going to start IP next week!! This is awesome....and I love you all!! (I am having a super emotional day)...Love and Hugs to everyone!!

Good luck on your day and any WI's.....

locopollo 08-02-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samachi (Post 4425023)
Good Morning All!

It's my first post on this site and I just want to say, thank you to everyone who does post here! I feel like in my times of need, this site has helped me more than anything else!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I'm on vacation and it's been quite a struggle eating every 4 hours, I lost 0.2lbs today in my own WI. I did go down 3 inches! It was still an incredible feeling!!! :dizzy:

Hope you all have a great day!! I'm off to enjoy some vanilla pudding!

We are in the same spot with similar stats! My WI for Week 5 is tomorrow. :D Also, I lived in Calgary in the 80's.

locopollo 08-02-2012 01:18 PM

Apple fritter, no thank you.

Osohealthy 08-02-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodster (Post 4425052)
Hi All......WI #4 is tomorrow...(biting fingernails in anticipation)....BUT..my pants are definitely looser today..YAY....AND even better news..I think my mom is going to start IP next week!! This is awesome....and I love you all!! (I am having a super emotional day)...Love and Hugs to everyone!!

Good luck on your day and any WI's.....

Back at you!... :hug:

patns 08-02-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4424888)
So today I'm debating between an Actifry (I read abut it on other threads) and a countertop convection oven (CCO). I used to have a CCO and used it regularly for years until it broke. It's so hot in St Louis in the summer, it would be nice to be able to bake (or roast veggies) without turning on the whole oven and heating up several rooms!

I'm thinking a CCO will do for me what an Actifry will do but will be more versatile.

I have have tons of kitchen gadgets which make this new lifestyle easier. I lusted after a Vitamix for years until I finally took the plunge (literally about 25 years). Really glad I did. It liquifies the spinach in my smoothies in seconds. Other helpful items include my food processor, stick blender, and George Foreman grill.

If I get the CCO, I'll probably get rid of the rotisserie. I just can't keep it all! My hubby already commented about counter space for another gadget, although they aren't All on the counters!

I looked carefully at the Actifry this week as they are on sale here. That is one thing that held me back, storage for so many gadgets. But the thing that really decided me not to get it is I knew I would not be able to resist the making the french fries for hubby and then would not be able to resist having some myself.

patns 08-02-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmstacy (Post 4424901)
I need some tough love...the past couple weeks I have cheated a day or two..last week i ended up with a 1 pound loss and WI is later today and by my scale I am the same..I don't know what my problem is..its like most of the week I do great then a day or two before WI we go out to eat and I tell myself it will be ok but its not..people have been commenting on my weight loss so i don't know if the compliments went to my head or what...why am I sabotaging myself ??and how to I get myself 100 percent back on track? has anyone else been thru this? please help! I feel like I am going crazy

You are likely letting some mental baggage from previous diets creep in. So many of them are all about the weight in. Then cheat a bit after or try to calculate what bit you can get away with before the next weigh in. I have years of WW and TOPS behind me and that's how many people seemed to approach weigh ins. Most people in my TOPS group were about when to go after the meeting to have a big meal because they had a week to go until next weigh in.

fourstubbs 08-02-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4424888)
So today I'm debating between an Actifry (I read abut it on other threads) and a countertop convection oven (CCO). I used to have a CCO and used it regularly for years until it broke. It's so hot in St Louis in the summer, it would be nice to be able to bake (or roast veggies) without turning on the whole oven and heating up several rooms!

I'm thinking a CCO will do for me what an Actifry will do but will be more versatile.

I have have tons of kitchen gadgets which make this new lifestyle easier. I lusted after a Vitamix for years until I finally took the plunge (literally about 25 years). Really glad I did. It liquifies the spinach in my smoothies in seconds. Other helpful items include my food processor, stick blender, and George Foreman grill.

If I get the CCO, I'll probably get rid of the rotisserie. I just can't keep it all! My hubby already commented about counter space for another gadget, although they aren't All on the counters!

I LOVE my Vitamix! I also wanted one for a long time, finally decided to get one, they are fantastic! I've been using it a lot since I started IP. I'm thinking of getting one for each of my kids for Christmas... :) I love gadgets...another good one is the machine that makes ribbons of zucchini to make "pasta"...

pianonan 08-02-2012 02:17 PM

Happy Thursday! Had WI #3 today; down 2.5 lbs :)

Struggling with lots of social outings and trying to stay OP. I am someone that really doesn't want people to know when I'm on a diet. I've failed so many times in the past I don't want to have to explain myself again. Does anyone else feel this way?

Thanks to all for the encouraging words and sharing of wisdom!

locopollo 08-02-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pianonan (Post 4425125)
Happy Thursday! Had WI #3 today; down 2.5 lbs :)

Struggling with lots of social outings and trying to stay OP. I am someone that really doesn't want people to know when I'm on a diet. I've failed so many times in the past I don't want to have to explain myself again. Does anyone else feel this way?

Thanks to all for the encouraging words and sharing of wisdom!

I hate diet discussions! And it doesn't matter what diet it is or if it's to lose weight. People love to debate it. I remember someone who tried to engage me in a debate about vegetarianism. I don't need to defend my choices! So, my best advice is change the subject and start asking questions to whomever has brought up the subject. Change the focus to them.

ragdoll74 08-02-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4424891)
HAHA I can relate! I had a lot of gadgets before, but I've only been OP for a week and there's already a shiny new ricer and mandolin sitting in my kitchen. I also pulled out the Magic Bullet for the first time since making baby food for my littlest (now 3 yrs)!

I never thought about using my ricer for anything other than potatoes. Have you used yours to make mashed cauliflower? I'm wondering what else I can use it for on IP.