3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday 08/02/2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/263967-ip-daily-chat-thursday-08-02-2012-a.html)

lisa32989 08-02-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SewingMomma (Post 4425438)
I want a Vitamix!!!!!!! Which model do you have?

I got mine from QVC, whichever model that is. Literally wanted one for 25 years.:carrot:

IPdivajen 08-02-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steffy1980 (Post 4425454)
I just have a question. I have been on IP for 4 weeks and just found out I am pregnant!! Does anybody know if it's okay to stay on the program or modify it or stop completely?

Congrats! Talk to your coach for sure, but I don't think the program is calorically sufficient during pregnancy.

Bellamack 08-02-2012 09:15 PM

Port, love the forcast. lol
No program while pregnant! CONGRATS!
Wuv, way to get to the point!
Yes I weigh daily.....
Local woman on the USA rowing team that got the GOLD... Yeah
A HUGE shout out to JellyMae, today was her 1 year anniversary on IP. YOu are awesome and look absolutely wonderful. :)

rainbowsmiles 08-02-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 4425498)
A HUGE shout out to JellyMae, today was her 1 year anniversary on IP. YOu are awesome and look absolutely wonderful. :)

way to go jellymae!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome job!! come post when you can!!! hugsssssss:hug::hug:

scorbett1103 08-02-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MimiLee (Post 4425458)
Haven't been on for a week or so. My coach was gone for a week and last weigh in was down 5 pounds and down 4 inches. Clothes are getting very loose!!

My coach said turkey bacon is fine so I've had BLT salads. I'm in love with tomatoes so having them only twice a week is hard. Anyone know why tomatoes are in that catagory?

Tomatoes I believe have more sugars in them than other veggies. Part of the point of Phase 1 is to reduce the sugars (natural or otherwise) that we are taking in, to give the pancreas a break.

wuv2bloved 08-02-2012 09:25 PM

Here is a link to jelly's pic
https://www.facebook.com/lisa.campis...9?notif_t=like

mompattie 08-02-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingnutandMe (Post 4425248)
Congrats on the losss. Looks like you made the correct dinner choice last night. For those who do not know, greeniris and I met and had dinner together last night. I was really great to met and spend time with another IPer. We found we also had some personal things in common, so it was a really fun time.

Molly

Meeting other 3fc IPers would be awesome!!!!! Lucky you guys!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4425345)
I want to kiss the person that came up with Big Mac in a bowl.

O.

M.

G.

Scorbett needs a private moment here. LOL.

Quote:

I just have a question. I have been on IP for 4 weeks and just found out I am pregnant!! Does anybody know if it's okay to stay on the program or modify it or stop completely?

Congratulations!!!!! No IP for pregnancy. Not enough calories to support a growing fetus. See your coach and primary health care provider soon! And congrats again!!! Very exciting!

Halfagain 08-02-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Congratulations!

kamikazecat 08-02-2012 10:09 PM

Is it ok to have a little bit of tomato on a salad everyday? I am thinking a 1/4 cup. It would add up over the week to the restricted amount or is it better for your body for it to be full shots twice a week. I love tomatoes, particularly on salads.

SewingMomma 08-02-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4425470)
I got mine from QVC, whichever model that is. Literally wanted one for 25 years.:carrot:

I'll check qvc. I'm pricing them right now.

patns 08-02-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1tangigirl (Post 4425141)
Hello all, Congrats to everyone on those loose clothes. What a good feeling!!! I started a month ago but took a week off due to some very upsetting news but even still have lost 15 pounds according to my scale. (I also am addicted to weighing every day, but I have faith that as long as I am following the diet I will be losing no matter what mr. scale says). I am confessing my sins...I don't think I am actually op because I have been mostly eating only the ip packets and none of the vege. I started out with this thinking I would do a few days of ip boot camp but it is soooo easy and working so well that I just kept on and am eating a meal only when going out or I feel the need which isn't often. (I really hate preparing meals). How bad is it for me and what might be the consequences.... Thanks all for the post. Love hearing all the good news and pep talks. 1tangi...WHO DAT!!! I am ready for some football,

I think if you are not eating the veggies you are not getting in the nutrients. But the other thing is your body is not adjusting to handling a contolled amount of carbs and the weight will come back rapidly when you go back to "regular" eating.
i have no scientific info to back up this belief but that is what always happened to me on the old style of low carb diests with no veggies.

greeniris 08-02-2012 10:15 PM

Twotots: Welcome! I get measured in 5 places at every WI...upper right arm, chest, waist (at bellybutton), hips, and right thigh (with full weight on right leg). Hope this helps.

fourstubbs 08-02-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SewingMomma (Post 4425546)
I'll check qvc. I'm pricing them right now.

Hi SewingMomma! You will LOVE your vitamix, they last forever, keep their value...I have the newer one, I've had it about a year, bought mine at Sam's club... I've been putting my shake in it with ice...turns it into a frosty...you will love it, it's worth the money. :)

scorbett1103 08-02-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4425536)
Meeting other 3fc IPers would be awesome!!!!! Lucky you guys!!!!

Scorbett needs a private moment here. LOL.

Congratulations!!!!! No IP for pregnancy. Not enough calories to support a growing fetus. See your coach and primary health care provider soon! And congrats again!!! Very exciting!

Yes, yes I did. My husband was laughing at me all through dinner because I was making "yummy faces".

I actually started IP after seeing quite a few people in my work circles have amazing results. Five women on the unit I work at are in varying phases, so it was awesome to be able to ask them questions and bounce my concerns off of them before I finally took the plunge. I would love to meet other IPers though! It's funny that so many of you are Canadian, we recently found out there's a big pocket of distant relatives from my dad's side that are from the Regina and Wishart areas.

Corazon30 08-02-2012 10:34 PM

New to IP diet...

Today was actually week one for me. I'm still fighting hunger cravings but ignoring them! Water and I are best friends. My starting weight last year was 255--->last week 228---->after WI: today -10lbs!!!! Wow

WI 1: -10lbs

Dora