Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

My coach told me 'no' to unsweetened almond milk. I HATE skim milk and it's loaded w/sugar...maybe I will try some this week.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #182  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPRN View Post
My coach told me 'no' to unsweetened almond milk. I HATE skim milk and it's loaded w/sugar...maybe I will try some this week.
I goofed on my last post unintentionally! Almond milk is NOT approved but I know some people use it instead of the skim milk.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #183  

Height: 5'4"

Tried the ProtiThin BBQ soy puffs...MEH. Not bad if you want something not sweet and unrestricted. Left a funny aftertaste.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 165/158/120

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Thanks Patns! I just saved that one - now to find frozen rhubarb....
I have tried and CANNOT find frozen rhubarb at my grocery store! It's in the frozen veggies section, correct?

Is there an alternatives recipe thread, or is it mixed in with the other, IP one? I've heard certain non-IP packets not coming out correctly.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #185  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirStories View Post
I have tried and CANNOT find frozen rhubarb at my grocery store! It's in the frozen veggies section, correct?

Is there an alternatives recipe thread, or is it mixed in with the other, IP one? I've heard certain non-IP packets not coming out correctly.
Not all stores carry frozen rhubarb. More in the north than we have in the south. Check places like Whole Foods, if you have one around you.

There is not an alternative recipe thread. You have heard correctly, alternatives are not exactly like IP packets and don't always cook the same way. Rainbow's recipes use a few packs and evepet created one that is on her blog. A couple of people have made some cookies. Sorry there is no one place to point you.

Molly
Old 10-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
It is NOT officially approved. My daughter drinks it and I wanted my cereal to look like it had milk in it vs. water. The serving size is 8 oz and has 2 carbs, 1 fiber 1 protein and 3.5 Fat. I didn't use an ounce but I hear many people use this instead of the 1oz skim milk. I may try it in my coffee tomorrow.

I goofed!!! I meant to say it is NOT officially approved! So sorry!
I usually mix a 1/2 c of unsweetened almond milk with a 1/2 c of water to cut the calories to 20. I have never liked cow's milk.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 150/134/115

Height: 5'1

I have gone through so many threads and still am having trouble....can a Canadian be so kind as to tell me what alternatives they like and where to get them. I have a costco membership...I also do not mind buying online but would only buy from a Canadian store because I do not want to pay import fees.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #188  

I just made the Healthsmart cheesecake. I popped it in the freezer for about fifteen minutes, added some strawberry WF syrup... Delicious! I've never liked the IP pudding this much!
Old 10-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:

In Canada we only seem to be able to get it at Safeway. But it also grows here so I have a lot right now from a neighbour's garden. I have the freezer filled with it.
This recipe works fine with eith IP or alternative oatmeal.Pat
Old 10-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #190  

Quote:
I just made the Healthsmart cheesecake. I popped it in the freezer for about fifteen minutes, added some strawberry WF syrup... Delicious! I've never liked the IP pudding this much!
Weird how our tastes are all so different
I'm a huge cheesecake lover & this came highly recommended but I'm only: meh
Now, the cocomint slightly frozen...ooohhh yeah! Can you say thin mint????
Old 10-15-2012, 12:18 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortneyMarie622 View Post
I have gone through so many threads and still am having trouble....can a Canadian be so kind as to tell me what alternatives they like and where to get them. I have a costco membership...I also do not mind buying online but would only buy from a Canadian store because I do not want to pay import fees.
From Costco I buy Premier Nutrition drinks. I also buy thr Detour protein bars. I found an easy place to start to order onlin was proteinwell.ca.
there is also the low carb grocery but I found that a bit more confusing at first.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:13 AM   #192  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm definitely against mint in food form. An actual mint -- I'm okay with it. But mint chocolate chip? Thin Mint? Yuck!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #193  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I didn't like the healthsmart cheesecake pudding either. I thought it tasted like it was made with goat cheese.

Looking forwarding to my shipment from Nashua arriving tomorrow. I ordered the cocomint pudding and also the WLS cheesecake based on some of the posts last week.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #194  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Try it with the juice of a half of lemon in the freezer, pretty good. Or with blended cooked rhubarb and WF strawberry syrup, yummy!

Last edited by Beck81; 10-15-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #195  

Quote:
I'm definitely against mint in food form. An actual mint -- I'm okay with it. But mint chocolate chip? Thin Mint? Yuck!
There is something WRONG with you woman!

(j/k...to each taste bud our own taste! I wish I had something to trade these cheesecakes I DO.NOT.LIKE.
I'll figure something out to do with them...
Whoever said lemon...that would just make it worse. I'll try some almond, tho.)
Closed Thread