Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Thought I'd post this here too for all of us on alternatives:

Yikes! Weigh-in this morning shows I am .8 away from goal! Can't believe how fast this part of the journey has gone! Definitely nervous and excited about the real battle ahead!
Heading to LA with the hubs for a weekend of museums, botanical gardens, a play and some good food, and of course watching the Wimbledon finals, go Federer!
CONGRATULATIONS MAMA! I KNOW YOU HAVE WORKED HARD, AND BEING THE FOODY THAT YOU ARE, THIS IS SUCH AN ACCOMPLISHMENT, THANKS FOR BLAZING THE TRAIL! HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!
Old 07-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Thanks Pat and MomPattie for saying that..because i myself had looked into ordering those..cause out of all the bars..they looked like they could be tolerable..good to know they wont be...Thats one more packet i wont have to throw out!! Phew!

Whats the calorie count on the Premier Nutrition Drinks from Cosco??? I heard they were higher then IP...how many???
The Premier Nutrition Drinks are actually the same as IP drinks made by the same company. (Dr. B's are also the same thing)

All the counts for the premier Drinks are higher because there is 11 ounces in a serving, the IP drinks have 8 ounces I think. I had a complete serving most mornings while I was on phase 1. I liked the good amount of protein to start the day.

The nutritional info is
Calories 160
Fat 3 g
Carbs 5
Fibre 3 g
Sugar 1 g
Protein 30 g

Pat
Old 07-07-2012, 12:36 AM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zartas View Post
I had the peanut butter simply bar today and I think I will count it as non-restricted. What do others think?
Cal 160
Fat 4
Carb 9
Fiber 4
Sugar 3
Protein 16

It's right on the line for restricted/non restricted. Personally I'd use it as a non restricted.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #79  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Oh man! BLEHHH!!(COUGH HACK WEEZE COUGH GAG) I hear that this "simply bar" is great..so while i was down island in a city area, i went to the local Thrifty Foods and low and behold i found a Simply Bar...Hearing that it was good... i picked one up to try out...I chose the chocolate raspberry...I got it into the car, and ravenously was ready to devour the whole thing..I open the package( sniff sniff) and take my first bite...and BLEHHHH!! It was horrible..How do you guys stand the taste of soy???? I can taste the soy in it like crazy...its got a horrible taste...the cocoa and the raspberry flavours couldnt even mask it... Yuck! I will never buy these again..especially not for the amount of carbs in it...

I think i have resolved that i just cant do bars of any kind...they just never taste right...
Old 07-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #80  

I know mompattie and I didn't give good advertising to the protidiet chocolate dream bars but we all have different tastes. If anyone in Canada wants to give them a shot I will send you two boxes. I'd rather pay postage than throw food away.

Pat
Old 07-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Oh man! BLEHHH!!(COUGH HACK WEEZE COUGH GAG) I hear that this "simply bar" is great..so while i was down island in a city area, i went to the local Thrifty Foods and low and behold i found a Simply Bar...Hearing that it was good... i picked one up to try out...I chose the chocolate raspberry...I got it into the car, and ravenously was ready to devour the whole thing..I open the package( sniff sniff) and take my first bite...and BLEHHHH!! It was horrible..How do you guys stand the taste of soy???? I can taste the soy in it like crazy...its got a horrible taste...the cocoa and the raspberry flavours couldnt even mask it... Yuck! I will never buy these again..especially not for the amount of carbs in it...

I think i have resolved that i just cant do bars of any kind...they just never taste right...
I think different people have different sensitivities. I eat lots of things with soy and have no problem with it.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #82  
Dieting Since Birth!

S/C/G: 308/ Ticker /208

SOY? OMG you mean we eat SOY? haha! oh by the "Whey", it would seem we can find many products that contain all kinds of natural things and many chemistry set ingredients too...mostly I stick to real food like salad, veggies, and of course my cherished 8oz of meat each day!
I like my shakes pretty much: EAS low carb RTD, and now have the healthsmart chocoRite powder (fudge brownie) and it is AWESOME...have the peanut butter powder shake also and can't wait to try it!
cheers!
Jake
Old 07-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #83  

If anyone is interested in the ProtiDiet lemon dream bars I have 2 boxes that I dont care for. I'd be happy to ship them somewhere, like pat I'd prefer not to waste them as someone may like them. We all have different tastes.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
If anyone is interested in the ProtiDiet lemon dream bars I have 2 boxes that I dont care for. I'd be happy to ship them somewhere, like pat I'd prefer not to waste them as someone may like them. We all have different tastes.
That is funny mom. I guess along with the name we have the same tastes!
I gave away two boxes of the lemon bars some months ago to someone who had them before and loved them.
So I guess a rule of thumb for us is don't order any protidiet product with dream in the name!

Pat
Old 07-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Pure protein s'mores bar??

Hi and happy weekend. Yesterday I miscalculated how many premier protein shakes from Costco I had at work and ran out. So I zipped to Walmart and picked up a box of these s'mores bars. Too sweet!!!! Had a headache for a couple hours. Anyone else with similar issue??
Old 07-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I know mompattie and I didn't give good advertising to the protidiet chocolate dream bars but we all have different tastes. If anyone in Canada wants to give them a shot I will send you two boxes. I'd rather pay postage than throw food away.

Pat
Are they still available?
Old 07-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
Hi and happy weekend. Yesterday I miscalculated how many premier protein shakes from Costco I had at work and ran out. So I zipped to Walmart and picked up a box of these s'mores bars. Too sweet!!!! Had a headache for a couple hours. Anyone else with similar issue??
I love the S'Mores bars, enjoy them with my afternoon coffee.

Last edited by MaMaZu; 07-08-2012 at 02:44 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #88  

I have just received my first order from Nashua and noticed they've sent me the original version of the cocomint cream shake & pudding even though I asked for the aspartame free one.There's no way I can afford to buy anything else at the moment and I'm wondering how screwed I am with the weight loss if I take it?Am I just not going to lose anything?First time with alternatives too,am a bit stressed out to begin with.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #89  
Start date: 5/17/12

S/C/G: 188/172/135

Height: 5'6"

Default White cheddar ridges

Does anyone know of a alternative to the IP white cheddar ridges?? I looooove them, but can't see paying $30 a box

I heard somewhere on here also that 8 carbs = restricted...well my chocolate powder IP drink is 8 and IP considers it unrestricted?? A little confused?
Old 07-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 200/145/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Okay Alternative IPeeps,

I just wanted to let you know that I am working on a spreadsheet for the Alternative Products for quick reference.

YA!!! I would be interested in your spreadsheet!!!
Closed Thread