Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #151  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

I use a lot of the Wonder Slim products from http://www.dietdirect.com/
anyway, made the chocolate cake the other day - it was pretty good, but not gooey enough for me. So, threw a bit of WF chocolate syrup on top last night and it was awesome.

I'm not following the Wonder Slim protocol, but the IP protocol - I just substitute the shakes and soups, etc for the IP products often. I see the bars I'm using aren't really a good match, I'll have to switch them out to proti-diet ones or something else using IP-alternatives.pdf. I'm doing 3 packets a day usually using one restricted a day as one of those packs and of course the veggie, meat, water, salt, supplements. I probably don't have as powerful supplements as I should, but from being a non-supplement user in the past, I've come a long ways. As I use up what I have I'll replace with better stuff if available. No leg cramps or hair falling but I am taking supplements for those things already too - just not as high powered as I see IP uses.

I use my fitness pal http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/ instead of a written journal. I put my BP in the comments box, and notes - and I keep that page private for me. However it's interesting to me I'm almost always under 800 calories a day, yet I'm not feeling that restricted. This isn't about the calories - well I suppose it is, but it's not the point of tracking my foods. I just want to make sure I'm getting my food and supplements in (i put those in too) and the water.

Alternatives & 100% OP. I'm very happy with the results. I have a lot to loose, it will slow down as I go I'm sure.
WI#1 -10
WI#2 -5.7
WI#3 -6.8
WI#4 -2.6
WI#5 -5
WI#6 -6.4

Last edited by Halfagain; 08-11-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #152  

Question Mio?

Hello!

I have done IP for 6 weeks now and am switching to alternative products this week because of cost.

I read through all 30+ pages of the old thread and now 11 pages of the new thread looking to see if Mio is ok to use with my water.

Does anybody know?
Old 09-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #153  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeylon View Post
Hello!

I have done IP for 6 weeks now and am switching to alternative products this week because of cost.

I read through all 30+ pages of the old thread and now 11 pages of the new thread looking to see if Mio is ok to use with my water.

Does anybody know?
Yes, it is allowed
Old 10-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 204/192/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Yuck!

This is my first post on this forum. I just started IP 1 week ago today, and have my first weigh in tomorrow. I am really having a problem with all the lunch foods. I do not like any of them. Do I have to eat them or can I substitute it for a snack or breakfast? I have been eating my 4 cups of veg still, just having a really hard time choking down lunch. Please helphttp://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/do-not-link-to-our-images/confused.gif
Old 10-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #155  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauibound2010 View Post
This is my first post on this forum. I just started IP 1 week ago today, and have my first weigh in tomorrow. I am really having a problem with all the lunch foods. I do not like any of them. Do I have to eat them or can I substitute it for a snack or breakfast? I have been eating my 4 cups of veg still, just having a really hard time choking down lunch. Please helphttp://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/do-not-link-to-our-images/confused.gif
I don't do too many of the soups. I usually eat a big lettuce salad with 1 1/2 cups chopped veggies and evoo and vin. Then eat a bar or other snack a couple hours later. I LOVE my salads. I only add 1 1/2 cups veggies so that I can have my jicama snack at some point when I need a munchie.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #156  
SMB

S/C/G: 205/189/140

Height: 5'4"

I need clarification. I buy Premier Protein chocolate shakes from Costco, but people often refer to Pure Protein chocolate shakes from Costco. Are they the same?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 271/201/130

Height: 5' 5"

My favorite alternative food that I'm using so far is 3/4 of a scoop Syntrax Nectar mixed in 6 oz of Almond breeze unsweetened original almond milk.

The nutrition info for this is;
  • Calories 105
  • Fat 2g
  • Cholesterol 8mg
  • Sodium 255mg
  • Potassium 180mg
  • Carbs 2g
  • Sugar 0g
  • Fiber 1g
  • Protein 19g

This is pretty comparable to most dring mixes and syntrax comes in 17 flavors so you can change things up a bit.

I mix mine in a blender with a bit of ice and I also sometimes add different flavorings often Almond extract. But there are lots of different ones out there, today I tried a drop of apple and a drop of cinnamon roll flavors and it was interesting not sure I would go with delightful.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #158  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauibound2010 View Post
I've never done any of the "foods", only drinks, shakes made with puddings and bars. I try to eat 2 cups of veggies for lunch, maybe some of my protein. So far so good!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 204/192/145

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the help gals! My nutritionist let me switch out the packets that I didnt like and I can do drinks and any breakfast food I like as long as I dont do 2 restricted foods in one day
Old 10-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #160  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMB View Post
I need clarification. I buy Premier Protein chocolate shakes from Costco, but people often refer to Pure Protein chocolate shakes from Costco. Are they the same?
Two different products.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #161  
Back to the old me :)

S/C/G: 138.4/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6 1/2

Quote:
Yes, they are different products. However, Premiere Protein may also sometimes appear as Premiere Nutrition shakes.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #162  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceinseattle View Post
Yes, they are different products. However, Premiere Protein may also sometimes appear as Premiere Nutrition shakes.
So which one is the one to buy?
Old 10-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Not sure about that. I never know what people are talking about with Pure Protein drinks but thought it maybe something available in the US.
I just wanted to say that Premier Nutrition drinks are $6 off this weekend at Costco, maybe this is just in Canada.

I have heard from a very good sourse in IP that Premier Nutrition, Dr Berenstein and IP ready to drink drinks are all the same product made at the same place. The Premier Nutrition are bigger at 11 ounces so their cals etc seem higher. I used them all through phase 1 for breakfast because I did not get hungry before lunch like I did with the smaller IP ones.

Last edited by patns; 10-12-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #164  

So excited! I just got my first major box in from Nashua Nutrition. I did a small order with Diet Direct a few weeks ago to mix in with the last of my IP products. I still have a few IP left, but can I tell you.... after 4 months OP, I'm happy to have some different things to try. I'll add my reviews to the reviews thread, but had to say something here! Got the raspberry hot chocolate as a sample, that'll be breakfast tomorrow.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #165  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustasmom View Post
So which one is the one to buy?
They're both fine. I use Pure Protein vanilla shakes (or EAS Carb AdvantEDGE vanilla) as my coffee creamer.
Closed Thread