Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #166  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Okay, I said that I would be fine with any weight loss, but I am not. I had my WI #2 and am only down 2.6 this week. I understand that my WI#1 was huge-at 12 lbs, but I really expected at least 3. Now my mind is racing thinking about what I did wrong or what I should do different. I am really disappointed. I have been 100% on program. The only thing I can think of is perhaps skimping on my vegetables here and there....but not really.
I had a 12:15 WI so I did not eat until I got home : (
Sorry for the Debbie-Downer.....I will work through this.http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/imag...s/confused.gif
I certainly can identify as I've done, and continue to do, my share of second guessing (which I think just stems from a desperation to be successful!), and this is why I'm glad my coach uses an "old fashioned" balance ("Doctor's") scale for weigh-ins - not a digital one with a readout in tenths of lbs. We use pretty much full or half pound increments, no less. You "round" the other losses. Which, if you were to "round" your number (over 2.5lbs), it would be rounded to 3.0!

For me, seeing a 187.6 on the digital scale would likely feel more exciting than seeing 188 on the balance scale, but as you've seen, seeing a 2.6 loss can equally seem more disapointing than a 3.0 lb loss. IMO, these weekly increments are unimportant in the long run as it is the ultimate goal you are working toward - not the weeklys, and not even necessarily on the scale. By the fit of my clothes I know I have lost more in inches than it shows on the scale.

Hang in there and don't sweat the small stuff (easier said than done - I'm a perfect example! ). But I'm trying hard to accept this. You know you are doing everything right, so it will come.

Last edited by 3sisters; 04-29-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
I certainly can identify as I've done, and continue to do, my share of second guessing (which I think just stems from a desperation to be successful!), and this is why I'm glad my coach uses an "old fashioned" balance ("Doctor's") scale for weigh-ins - not a digital one with a readout in tenths of lbs. We use pretty much full or half pound increments, no less. You "round" the other losses. Which, if you were to "round" your number (over 2.5lbs), it would be rounded to 3.0!

For me, seeing a 187.6 on the digital scale would likely feel more exciting than seeing 188 on the balance scale, but as you've seen, seeing a 2.6 loss can equally seem more disapointing than a 3.0 lb loss. IMO, these weekly increments are unimportant in the long run as it is the ultimate goal you are working toward - not the weeklys, and not even necessarily on the scale. By the fit of my clothes I know I have lost more in inches than it shows on the scale.

Hang in there and don't sweat the small stuff (easier said than done - I'm a perfect example! ). But I'm trying hard to accept this. You know you are doing everything right, so it will come.

My friend ThreeSisters,
You just made me cry...happy tears. You are right, it is the big picture we should be looking at. I am a perfectionist, it sounds like you are as well ; )
With perfectionism comes constant self-doubt. You are right, this weigh-in really doesn't matter, it is the way I feel, the way I look, and the effort that I am putting forth. I guess the scale is not capable of measuring how hard we worked, how much we learned, or how much mental and emotional soul-searching we have gone through...just to get us through the week...and to our appointment. (If we could invent such a scale-we would be millionaires!)
Success is immenent......as you have said, it will happen. I am not sure who said this but someone said, "You just have to follow the program, and BELIEVE!!!!"
Have a wonderful afternoon. I have to go buy an egg timer!
Old 04-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
My first weigh in was more successful than I expected!
Down 7.9 lbs and 5" yeah!
Fabulous!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Wow - she doesn't seem to have a very good attitude for a coach. (Seems many of them don't? These 'coaches' could sure use some training on interpersonal skills and ways to keep people motivated) LOL... shades of high school. You're doing great... I say 'Great Job!'
Being reported to the head of the clinic? That would have made my day! Really, would have laughed and loved it! Who are they kidding? Personally, I would ask to see the head of the clinic next time and report this counselor. That's unacceptable behavior in my book.

Quote:
I was surprised to see the amount of potassium that I have consumed through my food/drink intake today. It comes to a total of 2,662 mg for the day. Plus, on top of that, I had my standard IP potassium supplement at breakfast this am.

At everydayhealth.com they say that the recommended dietary intake of potassium is 2,000 mg/day.

I log my daily food/drink intake in at fatsecret.com, and it seems that almost everything I ate or drank today (except water) included significant amounts of potassium - eg. 3 cups black decaf coffee =384 mg; my breakfast cereal (a soy-based alternative product) = 129 mg; a cup of celery in my soup today = 263 mg; the packet of soup = 240 mg; pork chops for dinner = 412 mg; rhubarb at dinner = 351 mg; a tomato today at dinner = 292 mg; zucchini at dinner = 325 mg; my planned before-bed whey protein-based smoothie = 130 mg..... plus a couple of other, smaller amounts.

The total just surprised me, especially in view of the concern IP has that we remain with adequate levels of potassium.

Edited:: After more googling, I'm finding a greater range of recommendated amounts of daily potassium intake - The Food and Drug Administration recommends about 3500 mg/day. The Institute of Medicine recommends 4700 mg/day. Today's 2662 mgs + Natura supplement seems to put me in a good place.
'
Hi Eve, Potassium is so critical to our well being, didn't realize how much till I started IP. Cramping muscles need potassium, we all know that. But the heart is a muscle and not having potassium (and sufficient electrolytes) can cause heart attacks. Happens on the fields w/ young athletes.

All, Read about it in Dr Tran's book (see free download in first message of daily thread). And of course we hear about it on the news often too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Crazy busy day and I can't believe I finally have time to get on here.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about IP these past few days, and I think after my WI on Tuesday I'm going to phase 3 for a week or two, and then back to phase 1 like Lisa did recently. Wish me luck, I'm kinda nervous about it.
Dana, I think it makes sense. Let us know how it goes. I'd be scared too though. I'm a tad nervous for me, now starting week 2 of phase 2 and then 2 weeks of phase 3 and then 2.5 weeks of phase 3 and who knows what (vacation) then back to phase 1. it's an interesting experiment but then so many have done this before us and we are doing it right the way (phasing) that it should work well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Hi Chloe
It's funny, now I actually look forward to eating my cukes everyday, who woulda thought that would ever happen.. I dice em mix with a little evoo & salt.. delish.
Cadu, I like cukes a lot, have never eaten so many and they are so good for you. Hope I keep eating this much celery and cukes forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyminny26 View Post
So.I have decided to open up and share my story of how I got here...I had always been a chubby kid, in high school I had an older boyfriend that was very degrading and became anorexic...I over came this with the help of my mom and my best friend. When I was 23 my mom died in a car accident, I turned to food, ended up at weight watchers and lost about 17 pounds. Then just last October my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer....very suddenly, he had stroke like symptoms, went to the er and my whole world changed that day. At first I turned to food, then as I am seeing him fight his way through this he has inspired me to fight through my weight. Every time I think of cheating, I think....dad can't and wouldn't cheat on his journey. I have a very supportive family, my oldest son which is just 8 even helps me out by telling me not to cheat and how good I'm doing, I keepvtelling myself that any loss is a great loss but sometimes its a little frutrating, as we humans want instant gratification! 35 pounds to go....as my dad always says....WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS!!
You will get through this, we're here to help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
NSV- I went clothes shopping and had fun!!! I couldn't believe that the clothes actually looked good on me. I wasn't disgusted when I looked in the full length mirror I told my sister that I will need to come back here when I am finished losing weight. Fairbanks doesn't have any good stores. I had so much fun.
I bet that was fun! You will be back by fall or sooner? Your weight will be gone by then and you will be ready for shopping. I love shopping! August is a great sales month for summer clothes if you can get back there then - pick up bargains.

Quote:
The Truth:
I have not done a darn thing all weekend. (Except post!!!!!)
I DO have a lot to do....from my fat and lazy days!!!!!
I will get my WI today and then get BUSY!!!!!!!
I am not proud of my lack of doing stuff.
Sewmam.......you inspire me. You get sooo much done!!!!!!
I am going to accomplish a lot today.
Perhaps I will make a list. (I feel like an 8'x10' whiteboard would work better!)
The truth hurts.
I always use a list - prioritized and with deadlines. really helps. Also be sure to cross off what you get done, that's so satisfying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I have to say, you always sound like the best dad!! Job well done and congrats on getting your ticker.

I forgot to mention my big NSV last night. I tried it on and it looked great. My daughter and my husband both said it's time to flaunt it, and not hide it. Such a strange concept for me.

At the party I got lots of compliments, such as "Your fading away", and for those not comfortable actually saying anything I got several once overs. Fun night!
Dana, That's a huge NSV!! Congratulations on the weight loss!

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-29-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #169  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
You seem like such a Sweetheart! I really look forward to getting to know you better and seeing you here. You're positive outlook is contagious. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks Lace and Levis! I am a pretty positive person. Sometimes....I really do not know why I am positive.....I guess because positive works. (Even though I did cave in and have a small Debbie Downer pity party after my mini weight loss!) But when I get down, I get downer.....then people in my life start complaining about everything and ....who wants that!

AFTER my brother was killed, and my dad died, my mom was diagnosed with cancer....She sat with me one day and said, "Julie, this stinks. You have had way to much grief for a young woman. You and only and only you can decide if you are going to sink or float, after I die."

I will never let go of her words. Floating is just the only way to go. (Though occassional sinking does happen. You just have to hold your breath, and you will float again!)
Old 04-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Hello all my new friends. Yesterday was fine food wise but I had dissapointments on a personal side. It will just teach me a lesson to not try too hard to get someone to appreciate me. Having been fat for the past 10 years and being treated like you are "less than" put me in a place of trying too hard to get love from some people in my life. I am in a job that I had to retrain for in my 50's I had been a very gifted hairdresser for 34 years and I loved my clients and they loved me. I developed severe arthritis in my hands and had to change careers so I went back to school and learned computer software applications and office administration. I got a job with a large medical service corporation that pays me well but I am a receptionist and am not treated with the respect I used to have as a hairdresser. I know I am very good at what I do; just don't feel appreciated. I am single and live alone and this forum has been such a god send hearing personal stories and struggles. I feel so blessed I can come here to talk and get some support. I read all of your stories, sharing experienc, and support and I cannot believe what a wonderful group of caring people are on board here! I congratulate all of you for your successes on IP and your courage to share your pain and words of encouragement. Thank you for welcoming me into your fold.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #171  

Quote:
Yes - I've grown cukes before - just not a special breed of small pickling cukes. I have trellises already at both end of my balcony, so it would work out well. I also have to totally replace all of the soil in my containers soon in readiness for planting later this month, so I could make sure I'm growing 100% organic - which I'd want to do if I'm growing edibles. The more I think about this, the more it's sounding like a great idea.
Hmmm, maybe I'll plant zucchini...heard it grows so easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernfawn View Post
I have to share my nsv this week:

The past 10 days have been quite challenging, but I stayed OP 100% and feel great for doing so. During this time I’ve had 2 functions in pubs with the gang from work – I drank iced water with lemon and waited till I got home to have dinner, on both occasions. I really have got this!!!
You've done so well! You are a role model!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Incase some of you newbies have not checked out some of FinnSteven's recipes here is a link to his Facebook page. He is in Finnland experimenting with IP foods there because they will start the program there. He post the recipes with PICS so you can see what it look like. He does an amazing job. Click the link they LIKE his page so that you can keep getting the new recipes if you are on Facebook. He always has a pdf file that you can download or just click the picture and the recipe will come up......enjoy

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8624882&type=3
I am rarely on facebook...is that pdf download all his recipes or just the one you clicked on?

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-29-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #172  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Hello all my new friends. Yesterday was fine food wise but I had dissapointments on a personal side. It will just teach me a lesson to not try too hard to get someone to appreciate me. Having been fat for the past 10 years and being treated like you are "less than" put me in a place of trying too hard to get love from some people in my life. I am in a job that I had to retrain for in my 50's I had been a very gifted hairdresser for 34 years and I loved my clients and they loved me. I developed severe arthritis in my hands and had to change careers so I went back to school and learned computer software applications and office administration. I got a job with a large medical service corporation that pays me well but I am a receptionist and am not treated with the respect I used to have as a hairdresser. I know I am very good at what I do; just don't feel appreciated. I am single and live alone and this forum has been such a god send hearing personal stories and struggles. I feel so blessed I can come here to talk and get some support. I read all of your stories, sharing experienc, and support and I cannot believe what a wonderful group of caring people are on board here! I congratulate all of you for your successes on IP and your courage to share your pain and words of encouragement. Thank you for welcoming me into your fold.
Welcome Darralyn! You will never be alone again. There are so many wonderful, compassionate, and dedicated friends here to help you on your journey. I am a newbie as well. I don't think that I would still be OP if it were not for all of the great people on this site.
One of the reasons that I decided to start taking care of myself, is that I had just had it with the way people, who do not know you, look at you or treat you because you are overweight. I live in a community where there are VERY
few fat people. Everyone takes care of themselves and puts themselves first when it comes to health and wellness. (Tennis, golf, country-clubs.....)
So I have decided to jump on the wagon and committ to myself as well. You are a wonderful person. You deserve to be respected. Do not take anything less than that from people! We are all always here for you!
Old 04-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Hey all, hope you're having a relaxing weekend.

I had an NSV this weekend. I went to get new yoga pants and fit into a size small. I also went to NY&Co to get new dress pants that actually fit. Didn't quite fit into a size 4 (yet, my belly still needs shrinkage), but fit comfortably into a 6. Woo Hoo!!

Also, TOM is gone and I'm feeling 100% back to normal. I've started phase 2 off right and following the sheet to a T. I've also cut out my restricted and I'm feeling good about it. I'm actually really enjoying the extra animal protein for lunch.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 202/167/135

Height: 5'1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyminny26 View Post
So.I have decided to open up and share my story of how I got here...I had always been a chubby kid, in high school I had an older boyfriend that was very degrading and became anorexic...I over came this with the help of my mom and my best friend. When I was 23 my mom died in a car accident, I turned to food, ended up at weight watchers and lost about 17 pounds. Then just last October my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer....very suddenly, he had stroke like symptoms, went to the er and my whole world changed that day. At first I turned to food, then as I am seeing him fight his way through this he has inspired me to fight through my weight. Every time I think of cheating, I think....dad can't and wouldn't cheat on his journey. I have a very supportive family, my oldest son which is just 8 even helps me out by telling me not to cheat and how good I'm doing, I keepvtelling myself that any loss is a great loss but sometimes its a little frutrating, as we humans want instant gratification! 35 pounds to go....as my dad always says....WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS!!
Welcome, sorry to hear about everything you have endured. This forum will provide support and motivation. It will become a second family in no time.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 202/167/135

Height: 5'1:

Quote:
Okay, I said that I would be fine with any weight loss, but I am not. I had my WI #2 and am only down 2.6 this week. I understand that my WI#1 was huge-at 12 lbs, but I really expected at least 3. Now my mind is racing thinking about what I did wrong or what I should do different. I am really disappointed. I have been 100% on program. The only thing I can think of is perhaps skimping on my vegetables here and there....but not really.
I had a 12:15 WI so I did not eat until I got home : (
Sorry for the Debbie-Downer.....I will work through this.http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/imag...s/confused.gif
That is over a 6 lb per week average loss. Seriously, that's kick butt.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #176  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

My hubby finished up the chocolate mouse & toasted marshmallow dessert from last night, wasn't even tempted - even staying up late alone last night, in the past I would have snacked into the wee hours.

Billster - what a great NSV surprising yourself by fitting in a smaller size!!!

NewPath - You've lost ~15lb in 2 weeks. Not too shabby!

3sisters - I had to charge 2 hours of vacation time on Friday because I was on 3FC updating/reading after my WI#8...I may have to set a timer myself - it's a lazy Sunday here, so I'm catching up while my son naps instead of being productive.

Allright, with that I'm going to try out a few new recipes and do some food prep - this is usually a good cooking time for me while the baby sleeps!
Old 04-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #177  

Darrallyn,
There are 3 main sources of power in the workplace: role power, expert power and relationship power.Please read this article. It will explain each and provide advice on using them. I think you will feel better after reading this. In a nutshell, you are on the low end of role power meaning in your role, you have limited power and are treated that way. However, as they get to know you and your true capabilities shine, things will change. I believe understanding this phenomenon will take away any "personal" aspect to what they are doing to you - its just the role you are in. You can make this a powerful role as well. Also losing weight is one of the powerful and highly respected things a person can do - watch what happens over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
Hey all, hope you're having a relaxing weekend.

I had an NSV this weekend. I went to get new yoga pants and fit into a size small. I also went to NY&Co to get new dress pants that actually fit. Didn't quite fit into a size 4 (yet, my belly still needs shrinkage), but fit comfortably into a 6. Woo Hoo!!

Also, TOM is gone and I'm feeling 100% back to normal. I've started phase 2 off right and following the sheet to a T. I've also cut out my restricted and I'm feeling good about it. I'm actually really enjoying the extra animal protein for lunch.
Congrats on the yoga pants and the work pants too!!I bought some new yoga pants 5 weeks ago in large that were not fitting well (they were a smallish large). Wearing them today, they are baggy!

Quote:
So I have decided to jump on the wagon and committ to myself as well. You are a wonderful person. You deserve to be respected. Do not take anything less than that from people! We are all always here for you!
Yes, we all need to commit to ourselves! I always say, "You can't give away what you don't have". And that applies to love, wisdom, money, respect, etc.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #178  
Pacific Northwest Loser

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Default egg whites

I chopped up some onions, zuchini, broccli and kale (I forgot the mushrooms) and cooked it with eggbeaters Southwestern style egg whites this morning. I split it with my husband. He thought it was great and so did I. I did not tell him it was egg whites. The southwestern style has a perfect "kick" to it. Not a fan of food coloring and artificial stuff but it kept him from knowing he was eating heathly and not even trying it.

Yesterday I had the pineapply banana drink which made me feel like I'd been transported to Hawaii.

I love this diet!! I am wearing a pair of pants that I had ordered that were too small. Today they are on, zipped and buttoned and wee bit tight.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #179  

New Path: Thanks for all the warm words of encouragement. I live amongst people who are very judgemental regarding weight as well and when I was younger I was admired for my great figure. One thing "Fat" has taught me is that there is way more to a person than their looks; it's what is on the inside and that is a gift I truly cherish!

TinawebbYou say you are from eastern Washington; do mind telling me where? Are you anywhere near Spokane?
Old 04-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #180  

Tinawebb; sorry about the bold type; I am new to this. I am not yelling at you.
Closed Thread