Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 08:38 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Great day being back OP! I am not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow after being out a week. So much to do, such little time!

I hope everyone has a great evening! I have my pudding chilling in the fridge- g'night all!
Old 04-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 202/167/135

Height: 5'1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
New Path: Thanks for all the warm words of encouragement. I live amongst people who are very judgemental regarding weight as well and when I was younger I was admired for my great figure. One thing "Fat" has taught me is that there is way more to a person than their looks; it's what is on the inside and that is a gift I truly cherish!

TinawebbYou say you are from eastern Washington; do mind telling me where? Are you anywhere near Spokane?
Richland, so not too far from you
Old 04-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
Hi all! Looking for a little guidance today... I am in week 6 right now and I had to start exercising this week because my Navy fitness test is in 3 weeks. For the past 3 days I have been doing a run-through which includes as many sit-ups as you can do in 2 min, as many push-ups as you can do in 2 minutes, and trying to burn as many calories as possible on the elliptical in 12 minutes (around 120 or so for me right now). I have added a shake on these days to make up for it. Today I used my ketostix and I had barely a trace of ketones- the lightest shade of pink I have seen! Does exercise kick you out, or is the extra shake too much? I don't get it!!!
Not sure but I think I recall reading that the longer you are in ketosis, the less the sticks show it. Plus they are valid only in the morning, using urine upon waking. This is just my recollection - so please try to research it, I could be wrong. Definitely add the extra packet - with your exercise you don't want the body to go into starvation mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipogi View Post
Hi everyone - I've been on IP since 3/27/12. I found out about it from my work (a medspa). Our owner decided to start offering it and we all went to a seminar. I knew it was for me right away and found a place nearby to start right away, rather than wait for my work to get up and running. -- I started at 168 and am at 155 -- I was off the plan for a week of vacation during that time. I love being on IP. I feel great. My biggest problem has been making sure I eat all the food. That's my goal for this week. I've noticed that even if I'm not losing pounds, I'm getting smaller, which has been great for my self esteem. Reading everyone else's posts has been inspiring - thanks.
Re eating all the veggies, just roast a huge tray, they reduce down so much, you'll get 4 c (measured raw) in a day before you know it. Plus putting 1 c spinach in your drinks helps. Good luck & welcome!
Old 04-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #229  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
where can i find the recipe?
Here are some pancake recipes, all not restricted
Molly

Cereal Pancakes
Not restricted pancake
Substitute the water for WF syrup.
1 pkg IP Crispy Cereal, crunched up
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon & Nutmeg, to taste
Directions:
Mix together in small bowl the following; 2 egg whites, 1/4 tsp vanilla
Add in to cereal pkg the following; 1/4 tsp baking powder, cinnamon & nutmeg
Pour dry mix in to egg white mixture and combine.
Cook in pan as you would pancakes.

Non restricted pudding Pancakes
Ingredients:
1 IP Pudding Packet (I used lemon and it was perfect.)
2 beaten egg whites
Approx 4 oz of water
1 tsp of vanilla extract
Pinch of baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
1 Splenda, Truvia or other sweetener packet (optional)

Directions:
1. Pre-heat griddle or skillet.
2. Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt.
3. Mix all other ingredients. The batter should not be runny but a nice consistency to pour onto the griddle/skillet
4. Cook until brown on one side and then flip.

With the lemon pudding, I can’t decide whether I like the WF Pancake syrup or the WF Blueberry syrup the best, so I do half and half.

Wildberry Pancakes
Ingredients:
1/2 pkg of IP Wildberry Yogurt
1/2 pkg of IP Crispy Cereal
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 c egg whites
Directions:
1. Take package of each IP wildberry yogurt and IP Cereal and blend up in magic bullet
2. Divide out into 2 equal 28g portions, reserve one for future snack.
3. Add baking powder and egg whites, mix. Thin out with water to pancake batter consistancy
4. Cook like pancakes in pan approx 2-3 minutes per side.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #230  
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Here are some pancake recipes, all not restricted
Molly

Cereal Pancakes
Not restricted pancake
Substitute the water for WF syrup.
1 pkg IP Crispy Cereal, crunched up
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon & Nutmeg, to taste
Directions:
Mix together in small bowl the following; 2 egg whites, 1/4 tsp vanilla
Add in to cereal pkg the following; 1/4 tsp baking powder, cinnamon & nutmeg
Pour dry mix in to egg white mixture and combine.
Cook in pan as you would pancakes.

Non restricted pudding Pancakes
Ingredients:
1 IP Pudding Packet (I used lemon and it was perfect.)
2 beaten egg whites
Approx 4 oz of water
1 tsp of vanilla extract
Pinch of baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
1 Splenda, Truvia or other sweetener packet (optional)

Directions:
1. Pre-heat griddle or skillet.
2. Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt.
3. Mix all other ingredients. The batter should not be runny but a nice consistency to pour onto the griddle/skillet
4. Cook until brown on one side and then flip.

With the lemon pudding, I can’t decide whether I like the WF Pancake syrup or the WF Blueberry syrup the best, so I do half and half.

Wildberry Pancakes
Ingredients:
1/2 pkg of IP Wildberry Yogurt
1/2 pkg of IP Crispy Cereal
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 c egg whites
Directions:
1. Take package of each IP wildberry yogurt and IP Cereal and blend up in magic bullet
2. Divide out into 2 equal 28g portions, reserve one for future snack.
3. Add baking powder and egg whites, mix. Thin out with water to pancake batter consistancy
4. Cook like pancakes in pan approx 2-3 minutes per side.
Thank you for posting these Molly! I am having a hard time searching the posts and finding recipes.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #231  
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Regarding seltzer...which I happen to make & drink daily: (article link at bottom)

All diet drinks (i.e. sugar-free, carb-free) are NOT contraindicated on the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method. The problem that can arise is imbalances in acid / base regulation. Our protocol is very alkaline and this is why we do not see complications common to other “protein type diets”, namely kidney stones, gout, bone spurs, etc. Some diet drinks (Crystal Light for example) are mixed with water and these are acceptable. Many others (flavored Aqua-fina, Dasani, etc.) contain alot of phosphoric acid. This is a very strong acid and will play havoc with the body’s bicarbonate buffering system. The same goes for diet sodas…particularly the “brown ones”…Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, root beer, etc.).

Flavored seltzers are usually OK, just read the label and make sure it is carb-free and contains no phosphoric acid. Carbonated beverages contain CO2 which, when dissolved in water becomes carbonic acid, a weak acid (unlike phosphoric). To have a glass of these occasionally would not be a problem, but consuming large amounts (like in place ofthe 2 liters of water per day) would not be a good idea. The pH of Perrier is about 5.7, weakly acidic.

http://www.iwlnow.com/?page_id=553
By the way, thanks for posting this. I love seltzer / club soda and am going to continue drinking it occasionally.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #232  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath
Okay, I said that I would be fine with any weight loss, but I am not. I had my WI #2 and am only down 2.6 this week. I understand that my WI#1 was huge-at 12 lbs, but I really expected at least 3. Now my mind is racing thinking about what I did wrong or what I should do different. I am really disappointed. I have been 100% on program. The only thing I can think of is perhaps skimping on my vegetables here and there....but not really.
I had a 12:15 WI so I did not eat until I got home : (
Sorry for the Debbie-Downer.....I will work through this.http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/imag...s/confused.gif
I am with Dana, you have loss 15lbs in 2 weeks....what are you expecting??.....what are you going to do when you loss a pound???....you really need to THINK about this disappointment thing....why on earth are you disappointed??? some people NEVER lose 2lbs and you loss 2.6...BE HAPPY about that!...follow the program 100% as you have and it WILL come off, your body has to adjust....BELIEVE IN YOURSELF and the PROGRAM...don't DOUBT either!

[COLOR="Blue"][COLOR="Blue"]Whoa!!!! I have just been dealt some "tough love" by Wuv!!!! It's okay, you are right. I did not expect to lose a lot, but I kinda did want 3. So, I will attempt to settle down, and let the pounds peel off as they may!!!!! Heard you loud and clear
YUP, you have been given the toughest of love from me. It comes out every now and then....lol....glad you didn't mind. Don't EXPECT anything just let it happen
Old 04-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hi all! Looking for a little guidance today... I am in week 6 right now and I had to start exercising this week because my Navy fitness test is in 3 weeks. For the past 3 days I have been doing a run-through which includes as many sit-ups as you can do in 2 min, as many push-ups as you can do in 2 minutes, and trying to burn as many calories as possible on the elliptical in 12 minutes (around 120 or so for me right now). I have added a shake on these days to make up for it. Today I used my ketostix and I had barely a trace of ketones- the lightest shade of pink I have seen! Does exercise kick you out, or is the extra shake too much? I don't get it!!!
Out of curiosity, what are the req'ts for this fitness test? Are there precise numbers you have to hit?
Old 04-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #234  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Even though you are only showing a trace, you are still in ketosis. The sticks are always darker at first on the plan because you are spilling so many ketones, but the longer you are on the plan the lighter the sticks should look. Your body is now running very effectively. Only check the sticks first thing in the morning before you eat or drink anything, otherwise they aren't accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipogi View Post
Hi everyone - I've been on IP since 3/27/12. I found out about it from my work (a medspa). Our owner decided to start offering it and we all went to a seminar. I knew it was for me right away and found a place nearby to start right away, rather than wait for my work to get up and running. -- I started at 168 and am at 155 -- I was off the plan for a week of vacation during that time. I love being on IP. I feel great. My biggest problem has been making sure I eat all the food. That's my goal for this week. I've noticed that even if I'm not losing pounds, I'm getting smaller, which has been great for my self esteem. Reading everyone else's posts has been inspiring - thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Tough WI this weekend! up 2lbs! But it was a hard week for medically last week. Lots of pain so had to take pain meds! Always make me retain water.
This is a new week, and I will continue on. Lots less pain this weekend.
Happiness wished for you all!
Keep your chin up; next week is a new week.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 172.2/153/140

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Out of curiosity, what are the req'ts for this fitness test? Are there precise numbers you have to hit?
Yes, it varies by age. I am 35 so I just entered the next category so my requirements are pretty low. I have to do a minimum of 37 sit-ups (which doesnt sound like much, but I have had 2 c-sec in less than 3 years...), 11 push ups and I think I have to burn about 115 calories on the elliptical in 12 minutes. Before kids it was a breeze...now, not so much
Old 04-29-2012, 09:57 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
YUP, you have been given the toughest of love from me. It comes out every now and then....lol....glad you didn't mind. Don't EXPECT anything just let it happen
Wuv....I have so much respect and admiration for you. I have a tendency to hyperfocus and be a perfectionist. That has to go, when it comes to my health. (Though it does work in my classroom.) Last year one of my little 5 year olds almost died while receiving treatment for Stage 4 Neuroblastoma......my body responded by a dangerous rise in blood pressure....240/180. I was hospitalized, obviously, and then cleared...my heart is normal. As a fat, 196 lb woman, I did not deal well with the stress. Bottom line, my "machine" needs an upgrade to "heathy".So yeah, I know that I need to accept whatever happens on the scale and know that I am doing my job.....this weight did not happen overnight! I am going to start focusing on my effort...and NOT on the outcome or results.
Confession: Today my coach was so upset that I am not eating every 4 hours! My other coach never said anything about this. She went over the whole "feed" your body thing.....and how we have to let our bodies know that we are not starving.........if we do not eat consistently.......our bodies put out a distress signal...and hold on to all of the food and weight..no loss. So yeah, thanks Luv, you are an inspiration. I was being selfish...expecting more weight loss.....but, I do think that I have learned some things. I am no longer hungry...soooooooo, I need to make sure that I eat everything, everyday!!!!
Wuv...you are a real leader!
leader.http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/imag...les/carrot.gif
Old 04-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #237  
WillSmashFat

S/C/G: 204/162/150

Height: 5'2.5"

New Path - I know you already got your tough love from Wuv and encouragement from others, but here is something I figured out last week when I was obsessing about being stuck at 170.0 (when I really wanted to hit the 160's): We can't obsess about a tenth of a pound. It is only 1.6 ozs! - about 2 sips of water or less. The extra 0.4 lbs you were looking for is 6.4 ozs - less than a glass of water. Our scales can help track a trend but that is all we should use them for. If the trend is going down, that is all that matters.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #238  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Wuv....I have so much respect and admiration for you. I have a tendency to hyperfocus and be a perfectionist. That has to go, when it comes to my health. (Though it does work in my classroom.) Last year one of my little 5 year olds almost died while receiving treatment for Stage 4 Neuroblastoma......my body responded by a dangerous rise in blood pressure....240/180. I was hospitalized, obviously, and then cleared...my heart is normal. As a fat, 196 lb woman, I did not deal well with the stress. Bottom line, my "machine" needs an upgrade to "heathy".So yeah, I know that I need to accept whatever happens on the scale and know that I am doing my job.....this weight did not happen overnight! I am going to start focusing on my effort...and NOT on the outcome or results.
Confession: Today my coach was so upset that I am not eating every 4 hours! My other coach never said anything about this. She went over the whole "feed" your body thing.....and how we have to let our bodies know that we are not starving.........if we do not eat consistently.......our bodies put out a distress signal...and hold on to all of the food and weight..no loss. So yeah, thanks Luv, you are an inspiration. I was being selfish...expecting more weight loss.....but, I do think that I have learned some things. I am no longer hungry...soooooooo, I need to make sure that I eat everything, everyday!!!!
Wuv...you are a real leader!
leader.http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/imag...les/carrot.gif
you welcome and thank you. Remember those numbers on the scale are just that....A NUMBER!....go by how your clothes fit and how you feel, THAT is much more rewarding than seeing a certain number on the scale
Old 04-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

It is sometimes hard for me to focus on the big picture rather than the micro part of the weigh-in idea. I have had plateaus and gotten stuck. But, looking at the overall picture...wow. Stay big picture!!

Also, this diet should come with a warning! I was so excited when I found cute 12s and 10 pants to buy. This morning I had to find the one pair of 8s. What my cute stuff gone by so quickly?? Fortunately I have a good friend right behind me on the IP plan so she will inherit. But, I really thought I would be at a size for awhile. Then suddenly things take off again. The losing is not a gradual progression. There are stops and starts, steep losses and then standstills.

Still flying pretty high about my NSV of a cholesterol of 122! Yesssss!! I used to have to take Lipitor and now this value on no meds! Thank you, IP!!!

Stay fierce everyone! It really works!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:47 AM   #240  
Restarted 3/1/2013

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/150

I just made some turnip fries and they were seriously awesome.
Closed Thread