Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #211  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
Went clothes shopping today with my birthday money from my DH, was excited when the usual size 2x was too big. I am now in a X, that is the smallest size in the store. I guess next time I will be shopping in the regular department stores, it made my birthday even more special. Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes, and I didn't have a piece of cake after all.:
That's great! With that motivating high from moving down to an X size, you didn't need any old temporary sugar high from birthday cake. Just keep imagining all those fashionable clothes you are 'downsizing' your way into in regular size shops... Way to go.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #212  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Went clothes shopping today with my birthday money from my DH, was excited when the usual size 2x was too big. I am now in a X, that is the smallest size in the store. I guess next time I will be shopping in the regular department stores, it made my birthday even more special. Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes, and I didn't have a piece of cake after all.:
CONGRATS!!!!! That is a GREAT feeling!!!!!

Old 04-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
**Sooooo Hungry!!***

This is bizarre: Today has been absolutely normal at home, aside from some minor stress and a tiny bit of running around, and for some reason I am absolutely STARVING.
I have days when I'm very hungry, for no obvioius reason. Sometimes I'll have a hard boiled egg w/ WF creamy bacon dressing or the honey dijon mustard and take the protein off my dinner portion or if just need snack, use celery with a mix of WF BBQ sauce mixed w/ WF whipped peanut butter. For "emergencies" I keep a few hard boiled eggs in the fridge all the time. Sometimes, I'll just have 2 egg whites and give the yolks to my dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
OMG I am sooooo tired and beat up & sore all over. ( if not 2).
Congrats on getting so much done!! Rest up and sleep well!
Old 04-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana B View Post
I found the same issue, so the next time I went 2 minutes instead of thrre because it seemed almost burnt the first time, still had the same problem....I also tried the pudding pancake, that was a disaster, didn't work at all! I don't know what I'm doing wrong............
I made the chocolate pudding pancakes yesterday. I make it so I can make wo big on cakes. 1 crushed packet of crispie cereal, 1 packet chocolate pudding mix....4 egg whites, tsp go baking powder....cinnamon if you want. Mix it up and add water to get a thinner batter. Split into two portions, pour into "greased" frying pan on med heat. Hope that helps. There may be one with just pudding, not sure tho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3girls63 View Post
Drumroll please....................I am HAPPY to report that my WI went wonderfully. I lost 6 pounds!!!!! YES!!!! AND 2 inches from my waist!

Good golly it feels sooooo good. My clothes already feel looser!

I was struggling last week with wanting a pizza, piece of bread.........anything carb related really. I fought the urge and I won! Now, after seeing IP works, I do not want a pizza or anything bread related.

THANK YOU to everyone who offered encouragement and kind words of advice this week. You have no idea how much you all helped!
Wow that is awesome, great job fighting the cravings too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post
I never post on the daily chats but I am super excited today!!!! I have been so nervous to go clothes shopping because if things didn't fit I was scared I would get depressed and upset.... but I forced myself to go because I am defending my thesis and needed something business casual. I found the most perfect dress! And it fit very nicely! And I had to get one 2 sizes smaller than the first one I tried on!!!!!

I feel confident in it and am ready to give my presentation in style!

Woot!
Congrats,that is great...good luck on your presentation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
OMG I am sooooo tired and beat up & sore all over. Today in preperation of the shower next week, I set up 3 tents in my yard, opened the pool, powerwashed tables & chairs. After that I was starving and so tired I didnt want to cook. I threw some pre made bubba burgers on the grill for DH & kids. I caouldnt have one because they are loaded with fat so I just had tuna & spinach. I really dont love tuna without the mayo, so it was'nt an enjoyable dinner, it was just to feed the body. WOW has my thinking changed. before I woulda wolfed down one of those fatty burgers.. ( if not 2).

Anyhow, just wanted to pop in and say hi. I really need to soak in a hot bath.

KMC- I am so glad to see you here.. are you feeling better?
Wow I am exhausted reading that. Good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Poles1Girl View Post
Some days it stands for dip-sh&t..... <just sayin>
Lol!!!
Quote:

That is awesome and good for you not having the cake!
Old 04-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #215  
Pacific Northwest Loser

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
SunshinerNWYou are from Washington state? Thanks for you're kind words. Looking forward to getting to know each of you.
Yep! I walked around the Washington Park Arboretum today in north Seattle. Beautiful! The azaleas, rhododendruns, magnolias and more all in full bloom. Cherry trees too. Great day for it.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Pretty good day, hanging' out ith the kids. We were at Canadian Tire tho and everyone was getting fries from the chip truck.....OMG they looked sooo good. One of the first days that I thought.......oh I want those....now!!
Didn't tho! Wew that was tough! Thankfully I haven't had many of those.
Hope everyone has a great Monday and a good sleep
Old 04-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #217  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by theteacherspet View Post
Good morning everyone!! I am so excited this morning! I usually have a shake or the IP pancakes made from the cereal packet. This morning, I made lemon bread with the pudding packet -from the recipe on this board It was heavenly! Can't wait to try the banana pudding to make a banana bread. Great way to start the day!! Have a great weekend!
where can i find the recipe?
Old 04-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Andie,

I had always looked at them and thought, "I bet these taste better than regular cukes." About a month or so ago, I bought a few. My thoughts were correct and I think they are better. Maybe just me though. I slice them up and cut up the celery and the mini peppers and grind a bunch of sea salt all over and it's fun finger food and no problem for me to get in 2 cups of veggies at lunch.

Hope you find you like them too.
Molly
Molly you inspired me and that's what I got for my lunch veggies this week - gonna go prep them now!
Old 04-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 172.2/153/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi all! Looking for a little guidance today... I am in week 6 right now and I had to start exercising this week because my Navy fitness test is in 3 weeks. For the past 3 days I have been doing a run-through which includes as many sit-ups as you can do in 2 min, as many push-ups as you can do in 2 minutes, and trying to burn as many calories as possible on the elliptical in 12 minutes (around 120 or so for me right now). I have added a shake on these days to make up for it. Today I used my ketostix and I had barely a trace of ketones- the lightest shade of pink I have seen! Does exercise kick you out, or is the extra shake too much? I don't get it!!!

Last edited by Teden; 04-29-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 168/155/145

Height: 5' 3"

Smile New to Forum

Hi everyone - I've been on IP since 3/27/12. I found out about it from my work (a medspa). Our owner decided to start offering it and we all went to a seminar. I knew it was for me right away and found a place nearby to start right away, rather than wait for my work to get up and running. -- I started at 168 and am at 155 -- I was off the plan for a week of vacation during that time. I love being on IP. I feel great. My biggest problem has been making sure I eat all the food. That's my goal for this week. I've noticed that even if I'm not losing pounds, I'm getting smaller, which has been great for my self esteem. Reading everyone else's posts has been inspiring - thanks.

Last edited by vipogi; 04-29-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #221  
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Any creative ideas on how to jazz up the Chicken Soup? I'm having that for lunch tomorrow.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #222  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Tough WI this weekend! up 2lbs! But it was a hard week for medically last week. Lots of pain so had to take pain meds! Always make me retain water.
This is a new week, and I will continue on. Lots less pain this weekend.
Happiness wished for you all!
Old 04-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Hello all my new friends. Yesterday was fine food wise but I had dissapointments on a personal side. It will just teach me a lesson to not try too hard to get someone to appreciate me. Having been fat for the past 10 years and being treated like you are "less than" put me in a place of trying too hard to get love from some people in my life. I am in a job that I had to retrain for in my 50's I had been a very gifted hairdresser for 34 years and I loved my clients and they loved me. I developed severe arthritis in my hands and had to change careers so I went back to school and learned computer software applications and office administration. I got a job with a large medical service corporation that pays me well but I am a receptionist and am not treated with the respect I used to have as a hairdresser. I know I am very good at what I do; just don't feel appreciated. I am single and live alone and this forum has been such a god send hearing personal stories and struggles. I feel so blessed I can come here to talk and get some support. I read all of your stories, sharing experienc, and support and I cannot believe what a wonderful group of caring people are on board here! I congratulate all of you for your successes on IP and your courage to share your pain and words of encouragement. Thank you for welcoming me into your fold.
Thank you for sharing with us. I can empathize with your statement of being overweight and being treated "less than" simply due to your size. I have felt that way for 15 years. However- I am doing something about it now and I am going to be the best that I can be! So glad you are here.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 202/167/135

Height: 5'1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinered View Post
Yep! I walked around the Washington Park Arboretum today in north Seattle. Beautiful! The azaleas, rhododendruns, magnolias and more all in full bloom. Cherry trees too. Great day for it.
I'm from Richland, we are closer than we realize sometimes
Old 04-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 202/167/135

Height: 5'1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Tough WI this weekend! up 2lbs! But it was a hard week for medically last week. Lots of pain so had to take pain meds! Always make me retain water.
This is a new week, and I will continue on. Lots less pain this weekend.
Happiness wished for you all!
Sorry to hear that. Hope you continue to feel less pain.
Closed Thread