Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #136  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

NSV- I went clothes shopping and had fun!!! I couldn't believe that the clothes actually looked good on me. I wasn't disgusted when I looked in the full length mirror I told my sister that I will need to come back here when I am finished losing weight. Fairbanks doesn't have any good stores. I had so much fun.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #137  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
Good Sunday morning everyone today I celebrate not only my 60th Birthday but almost 15 pounds lighter. Yea!!!!! It is going to be a little tough as I know there is a cake (carrot one of my favourites), hope I stay strong don't want to undo all that I have done so far. I hope that everyone has a great IP day. Will jump back on later this evening to read how everyone is doing.

You will do great. Since you mention it, it will probably forefront in your mind all day today. Remember, "nothing tastes as good as thin feels"

Molly

Old 04-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Crazy busy day and I can't believe I finally have time to get on here.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about IP these past few days, and I think after my WI on Tuesday I'm going to phase 3 for a week or two, and then back to phase 1 like Lisa did recently.
My coach told me that we had to phase off for a month after 6 months or 100 pounds. She said it would aid in weight loss and keep the scale moving in the right direction.

Quote:
Good Sunday morning everyone today I celebrate not only my 60th Birthday but almost 15 pounds lighter. Yea!!!!! It is going to be a little tough as I know there is a cake (carrot one of my favourites), hope I stay strong don't want to undo all that I have done so far. I hope that everyone has a great IP day. Will jump back on later this evening to read how everyone is doing.
Happy Birthday! Wow, you have a lot to celebrate. Keep thinking how good it feel to loose 15 pounds, better that a piece of cake! You got this!
Old 04-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

The Truth:
I have not done a darn thing all weekend. (Except post!!!!!)
I DO have a lot to do....from my fat and lazy days!!!!!
I will get my WI today and then get BUSY!!!!!!!
I am not proud of my lack of doing stuff.
Sewmam.......you inspire me. You get sooo much done!!!!!!
I am going to accomplish a lot today.
Perhaps I will make a list. (I feel like an 8'x10' whiteboard would work better!)
The truth hurts.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #141  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyminny26 View Post
So.I have decided to open up and share my story of how I got here...I had always been a chubby kid, in high school I had an older boyfriend that was very degrading and became anorexic...I over came this with the help of my mom and my best friend. When I was 23 my mom died in a car accident, I turned to food, ended up at weight watchers and lost about 17 pounds. Then just last October my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer....very suddenly, he had stroke like symptoms, went to the er and my whole world changed that day. At first I turned to food, then as I am seeing him fight his way through this he has inspired me to fight through my weight. Every time I think of cheating, I think....dad can't and wouldn't cheat on his journey. I have a very supportive family, my oldest son which is just 8 even helps me out by telling me not to cheat and how good I'm doing, I keepvtelling myself that any loss is a great loss but sometimes its a little frutrating, as we humans want instant gratification! 35 pounds to go....as my dad always says....WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS!!
Thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm also dealing with a family member and brain cancer. It's my younger SIL and this is her 3rd time down this path. Unfortunately this time they can't remove the tumor due to it's location. It sure does put life in perspective. I will add your dad to my prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
I am soooooooooooooooo nervous about getting rid of my bigger clothes. I have ALWAYS had to rely on them because of my many years of yo yo dieting....lose 30 gain 20, lose 20 gain thirty. They are such a crutch for me, and there is one pair of white capris that I love. I may try to have them altered???? It is a step that I need to work on....huge step for me for sure, but it makes sense if I have no clothes to turn to, I either would have to spend $$$ on a new wardrobe, or straighten my diet out!!!
Get rid of the clothes! Trust that this is it, and you won't be putting back on the weight. After all this is YOUR LAST DIET. I have a friend who is also on IP with me, and like you she kept clothes from all of her different sizes over the years. She finally listened to me and donated over 30 pairs of pants!!! How crazy is that, but so proud of her for letting go. My big walk in closet is nearly empty now, but it won't be as soon as I hit goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
My coach told me that we had to phase off for a month after 6 months or 100 pounds. She said it would aid in weight loss and keep the scale moving in the right direction.
Well I think I'm right about there as it's been 7 months and about another 15 pounds before I hit the 100 mark. I did a little mini experiment yesterday by mixing it up a bit by having more carbs and calories. I had two restricted bars yesterday (one for breakfast and one for lunch), and last night at a party I had a few deviled eggs that I'm sure had mayo in them, and way too much meat at dinner. I got on the scale this morning and I lost 1/2 a pound. First time it's moved all week!

My only issue with the temporary phase off is I feel like I'm wasting a couple of weeks, but on the other hand if it gets the scale moving better again once back on phase 1 then I will still most likely be ahead.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #142  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Good morning. Nice and sunny. Good day yesterday. Went to the pool with the three little ones and played for a few hours. Did some cleaning and organizing around the house and did some food shopping, for the kids. Need to hit the store today for my veggies and lean protein.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #143  

Quote:
Have a very happy thinner birthday.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Wow so much to share today! These boards are such a blessing.

I want to thank all of you who commented on my seltzer crisis - it's kinda funny now...both the humor and good info were so appreciated! I have been trying so hard and was so shocked that yesterday at the clinic I really did feel like a school child who got in trouble - I wanted to cry! Seems so silly after a good nights sleep and some good feedback on here...you all helped me have a sense of humor about my "crisis." It's kinda funny...omg I cheated...with water!

I also want to thank all of you who opened up and shared your stories. I admire your courage through your hardships and your comfort in sharing! I truly look forward to this board daily and feel like you all are such a critical part of my journey. My mom is doing this with me but she doesn't use the computer and she is having a much harder time not feeling "deprived" - I think I don't because I am "fed" by this board every day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammywhiz View Post
Funny I was so hesitant to put some of my favorites in the give away bag even though they were too big, I guess always wondering if I will "grow back into them" I did though and tomorrow they will be gone ! This way if I gain weight, I will have to go out naked !!! lol (that wouldn't be good)

I still have a few pairs of summer capris that will get me through the next couple of months. Funny thing that most of my tops still fit perfectly, I guess my bottom half is shrinking more than my top, anyone else experience this?
Lol Tammy you cracked me up! I actually have found I am the opposite (a month in)...I have lost almost exclusively from my top half (aka my boobs are gone!) Fortunately I've lost from my waist as well so I seem to balance out as I go down...I was wearing 1x shirts and I just had to buy some in L, but my pants have only changed from a 20W to a 20...hey, I'll take it - lost inches from my hips and thighs for the first time at yesterdays WI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
*I am in control of who I will become. I accept the past, when I could not.
*I feel good. Much better than I did before committing to the protocol.
*I feel very proud of myself for making a committment to myself.
*I feel healthy when I eat every single thing on this lifestyle committment.
*I feel like I may live longer and be here for my precious children and friends.
*I am amazed at how my life has been, well, sad because of my food choices.
*I feel happy that every day my body will benefit from the right foods.
*I am thrilled that I no longer crave the crappy carbs that got me here!
*After nightmares, sweats, and insomnia on week 1....I am sleeping GREAT!
*I love my 3FatChicks community! I am thankful for everyone.
*I have hopes and dreams. I am moving on!!!!!!!
Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Regarding seltzer...which I happen to make & drink daily: (article link at bottom)

All diet drinks (i.e. sugar-free, carb-free) are NOT contraindicated on the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method. The problem that can arise is imbalances in acid / base regulation. Our protocol is very alkaline and this is why we do not see complications common to other “protein type diets”, namely kidney stones, gout, bone spurs, etc. Some diet drinks (Crystal Light for example) are mixed with water and these are acceptable. Many others (flavored Aqua-fina, Dasani, etc.) contain alot of phosphoric acid. This is a very strong acid and will play havoc with the body’s bicarbonate buffering system. The same goes for diet sodas…particularly the “brown ones”…Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, root beer, etc.).

Flavored seltzers are usually OK, just read the label and make sure it is carb-free and contains no phosphoric acid. Carbonated beverages contain CO2 which, when dissolved in water becomes carbonic acid, a weak acid (unlike phosphoric). To have a glass of these occasionally would not be a problem, but consuming large amounts (like in place ofthe 2 liters of water per day) would not be a good idea. The pH of Perrier is about 5.7, weakly acidic.

http://www.iwlnow.com/?page_id=553
Thanks Liz - I always look forward to hearing from you - you are an inspiration for me...you always have great ideas and recipes and such a great attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Congrats on starting phase 2. I started last week in preparation for upcoming vacation. Typically have chicken salad for lunch, very filling. Today will poach lots of chicken breast in preparation for lunches. Make it WF mayo to which I add golden mustard or curry powder - sometimes a little lemon. Serve over a bed of lettuce, green cabbage, cukes and celery, salt and pepper. Sometimes it's too much to eat in 1 sitting, so eat 80% of it and save the other 20% for late afternoon.
Chloe can you share the your chicken salad recipe? I love chicken salad and was thinking that would be a great way to mix things up or have dinner on the go...I have been afraid of WF mayo as I don't like most of their products but I've read many people say that if you doctor them up they are much better.

Have a great Sunday everyone! It is a beautiful day here and I can hear the birds chirping...almost exactly a month in and this is the first morning I've woken up with energy! Such a great feeling...gonna see if the DH wants to go for a walk.

Last edited by LSJ100; 04-29-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 156/152/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post

Hi Sun,
I use a combo of IP and alternatives due to the unreliable availability of IP in my area and now that I've learned so much about alternatives, have complete confidence in their quality and effectiveness w/ IP diet. The sheer cost savings of 60-70% makes it so easy to afford my new wardrobe of Tommy Bahama bathing suits (w/ most recent order, now have 4 new gorgeous suits and 3 incredible sundresses). Read the "Alternatives" thread for lots of great info.
Anyway, re choc and vanilla shakes, I use GNC Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard protein powder in Double Rich Chocolate. Also have it in Vanilla Ice Cream and Extreme Milk Chocolate flavors - like them all. 1 serving has 120 cal, 1 g fat, 3 g carbs, 24 g protein. Very tasty and often on sale, Serving costs around $.75 when on sale. I buy a 5 lb tub and DH and I share it.
Thanks for the suggestions! The EAS carb control was at my local store this morning so I picked some up.....going to give it a try w the blended spinach! These alternatives are helpful....my coach is in Colorado and I'm in CT so it usually takes 5-7 days for a shipment....I panic if I'm not right on top of ordering and I'll feel much more at ease knowing if NEED BE I can pick up a comparable product close by.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #146  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning. Nice and sunny. Good day yesterday. Went to the pool with the three little ones and played for a few hours. Did some cleaning and organizing around the house and did some food shopping, for the kids. Need to hit the store today for my veggies and lean protein.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.
I have to say, you always sound like the best dad!! Job well done and congrats on getting your ticker.

I forgot to mention my big NSV last night. We went to a big going away party at our synagogue as the assistant Rabbi is leaving after being there for 4 years because she got her own congregation in Palm Beach, FL. Anyway, of course this being TX we had a big BBQ for her and I so I knew this would be a casual event, which is a good thing as I have next to no dressier clothes anymore (gave them all away). I put on my new jeans (smaller size), cowboy boots, and a dressier blouse that I thought would still fit. I put it on and it was too big and baggy looking. I felt like the old me trying to hide behind the loose clothes. I found a beautiful blouse in my daughter's closet that she wore once before she started IP and now it's too big for her. At her highest weight she was only 130 pounds, so needless to say I have never borrowed any of my daughter's clothes before. Thinking it would never fit me, I tried it on and it looked great. My daughter and my husband both said it's time to flaunt it, and not hide it. Such a strange concept for me.

At the party I got lots of compliments, such as "Your fading away", and for those not comfortable actually saying anything I got several once overs. Fun night!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

rvingprincess Happy Birthday and here's to feeling great!

Last edited by Ishbel; 04-29-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #148  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthesun View Post
Thanks for the suggestions! The EAS carb control was at my local store this morning so I picked some up.....going to give it a try w the blended spinach! These alternatives are helpful....my coach is in Colorado and I'm in CT so it usually takes 5-7 days for a shipment....I panic if I'm not right on top of ordering and I'll feel much more at ease knowing if NEED BE I can pick up a comparable product close by.
I'm strictly IP foods except for the EAS drinks. For a long time I was buying IP food for both my daughter and I, so the drinks was one area I could cut back on. They aren't as rich tasting as the IP drinks, but they are still good.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #149  
CkM

S/C/G: 175/155/130

Height: 5'9"

Happy weekend everyone! I started IP on Friday the 27th. I can honestly say I have been 100% OP . I so excited for the results. I have noticed since starting that I sleep better at night and have more energy throughout the day!! Love it!

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #150  
WillSmashFat

S/C/G: 204/162/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Rvingprincess - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Remember, giving yourself the gift of good health is the best gift of all!

I love reading all the posts; you keep inspiring me! Have a great (rest of the) weekend! and a very successful, OP week!
Closed Thread