Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning my IP family!

I'm still kind of confused about the new "freebies". Up until now I've been having 2 cups of celery between breakfast (6:00 am) and lunch (12:30) and have been counting it 1/2 of my daily veggies. Now that celery is considered 'free' I'm being told I can't count it as my veggies anymore and I have to find something else to replace it. Can that be true?

~*~*~*Have a great Saturday everyone!!!
Celery is free??? Since when? Geez I wish our coaches would be on the same page. This is getting really annoying! Just like rutabaga. I have two different sheets contradicting each other.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Mtnsun: Welcome home! Shake it off, you did the best you could given the circumstance. You’re in the right mind set and can easily get back OP! We’re here for you.

Sno: I’m looking forward to the responses you get, as I’ve been thinking about the same questions. I was never a really bad eater, and I wonder if I’ll ever be able to feel like I’m eating ‘’normal’’ again. Also, I really miss wine.

Molly: Have fun at the show! One of my best girlfriends has a 1966 Mustang she brings to shows, and it is a lot of fun! Congrats on the loss this week.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Sno: My coach says celery and cukes are now free. She attended a big conference last week.

She also that falling out of ketosis takes 2-3 days to regain, but she learned that falling out of ketosis due to alcohol consumption takes a FULL 6 DAYS to recover from! That firmed up my resolve to keep strick OP so I can phase off and enjoy a celebratory glass of merlot!
Old 04-28-2012, 08:58 AM   #19  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Thank goodness I am home! I have been gone all week at a conference. It was extremely difficult to stay OP. At my conference, food was provided. Not only that, we were located right next to the airport so I was unable to drive anywhere and pick up food. I brought bars and drinks but it was a hard week. Up 4 lbs today....not surprised.

Hopping back on the horse this morning (well, more like as of last night). I wish I would have internet access where I was at but it cost way too much for a few hours. I needed some support from all of you here.

Glad to be back!! Hope you all have been doing well.
Well you are back on track now. Good to see you checking in. This forum is a lifesaver for me. The support is wonderful.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #20  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Dakin and Snolover. Thanks for steering me straight. I forgot to look at the stickies! Rookie mistake.

Last edited by usmcvet; 04-28-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning. Hope everyone has a good day mine ended poorly and began the same! Just had my omelet I can still feel the hot sauce. Going to the pool with my rug rats later today and then need to stack wood, yuck.
Vet,
Just think of the good workout you'll get from stacking wood. And its so useful too, not just immediately for the household but you're a good role model for your children. Have a great afternoon with your kids at the pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Thank goodness I am home! I have been gone all week at a conference. It was extremely difficult to stay OP. At my conference, food was provided. Not only that, we were located right next to the airport so I was unable to drive anywhere and pick up food. I brought bars and drinks but it was a hard week. Up 4 lbs today....not surprised.

You'll lose the weight quickly - that's the beauty of IP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning IPers.

This morning was my WI. Lost 2.2. Yipee. Being in my 60s and menopausal, 2 a week is GREAT.

My DH and I are on our way to a car show. We actually have two we can take. This is monumental to have two drivable at once (they all run, but have something that doesn't make them drivable down the road) The latest DH got drivable is my avatar. That was his birthday present a couple years ago.
Have a fun and romantic day with your DH! And I agree, 2 lb/wk is great, that's 8 pounds/month, adds up nicely!

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-28-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Sno: I’m looking forward to the responses you get, as I’ve been thinking about the same questions. I was never a really bad eater, and I wonder if I’ll ever be able to feel like I’m eating ‘’normal’’ again. Also, I really miss wine.
I just noticed the Maintainers vol 5 thread. lol Go read it! There is a lot of great info there. I plan on being able to watch my calories and exercising and I should be fine. It really isn't normal to deprive ourselves like we are doing. It is all about balance (I think!!! I hope I won't gain everything back with that mindset lol). To be continued. I still have 1 week of Phase 2 and 2 weeks of Phase 3 before I get there. But I had a long talk with my coach this week and she agreed that I could eat a balanced diet and exercise (maybe even follow the canadian food guide). I just think that IP's maintenance program is complicated!!
Old 04-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by snolover View Post
I just noticed the Maintainers vol 5 thread. lol Go read it! There is a lot of great info there. I plan on being able to watch my calories and exercising and I should be fine. It really isn't normal to deprive ourselves like we are doing. It is all about balance (I think!!! I hope I won't gain everything back with that mindset lol). To be continued. I still have 1 week of Phase 2 and 2 weeks of Phase 3 before I get there. But I had a long talk with my coach this week and she agreed that I could eat a balanced diet and exercise (maybe even follow the canadian food guide). I just think that IP's maintenance program is complicated!!
when I get to goal I plan on doing WW to keep the weigh off. To me that's a more realistic approach to every day life.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #24  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Good morning! I love Ideal Protein.....just had to get that out there. In just under 2 weeks, I have enough energy now to tackle cleaning out a closet and working in my yard! These may not be daunting tasks to some people, but for me it is pretty close to miraculous. I am sure there will be tough days ahead, but this is the best I have felt in a long, l-o-n-g time (both physically and emotionally).

AND, I have found my new weekend "treat.". I made the cereal pancakes this morning and they were scrumdelicio! Who ever came up with this originally, I salute you! YUM!!

Last edited by mylastdiet; 04-28-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #25  

Good morning everyone!! I am so excited this morning! I usually have a shake or the IP pancakes made from the cereal packet. This morning, I made lemon bread with the pudding packet -from the recipe on this board It was heavenly! Can't wait to try the banana pudding to make a banana bread. Great way to start the day!! Have a great weekend!
Old 04-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by snolover View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinique125 View Post
when I get to goal I plan on doing WW to keep the weigh off. To me that's a more realistic approach to every day life.
I'm glad to hear you all say this and please keep me posted...my husband does the WW maintenance plan and my hope was to do that with him when I get to that point so that we are both on the same page...I am fearful of doing anything off IP protocol and gaining back weight though. I have a loooong way to go in P1 still so no need for me to think about it too much yet but I'll be interested to hear how it goes for you.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Dakin - I'm happy to take the woosh fairy with me and will be glad to send her back to you after 11:30! =)
Old 04-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 194/162.4/130

Height: 5'3"

Had my WI this morning, down only 1.6 this is frustrating yet I have had such a stressful week and it's TOM so hopefully I will drop down more next week...happy weekend everyone!
Old 04-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 187/162/145

Height: 5'6"

MtnSun4--I laughed at myself when you stated "food was provided at the conference." I have this weird affliction-- when the food is "free" I keep thinking that it would be sooo wrong to pass it up. Ha!-- no wonder I am overweight. I am now trying to change my thought process into "these free foods are very, very expensive (in the long run)."
Old 04-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #30  
Started IP 3/26/12

Good morning to everyone. Not much to report actually, just wanted to read everyone's posts and say 'Hello'.

My sister called earlier this am, and asked if I was free for lunch... so we're meeting up and going somewhere to have an IP-appropriate meal... protein/veg/salad... or maybe an omelette. She's always been concerned about my weight, so is very supportive. Haven't told her much about IP yet, I'm sort of keeping it on the quiet-side until my weight loss is more noticeable and then I may 'come out of the closet'. For now, I just say I'm focused on a eating style that concentrates on keeping simple carbs to a min, cuts out processed foods, junk foods, sugary foods, etc...and that I eat lots of good lean protein, non starch veggies, and salads.

Plus, we're going shopping afterward in the area of town where the supermarket is that stocks frozen rhubarb - so quess where I'll be heading. Maybe also to Walmarts to take advantage of that good rollback on Pure Protein bars. LOL - the things that get me excited these days....

Cheers to everyone - enjoy your Saturday, and I hope everyone has a great 100% IP day.
Closed Thread